Scummers Mafia: Greatest Bash? (Game Over, Scum wins?)

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 6:13 pm

Post by SpyreX »

:roll:

@Tajo:

Now, it looks like zito has some kinda mind blowing powers based on the ani/zito mixture. Unless you think they're both lying (which would hurt my brain) there is truth to that part.

So, thinking balance-wise: a scum role that permadestroys town PRs? Oouch.
Now, a town role that can't really be checked out without a huge negative? I could see that.

Mind you part of my Zito is town is either he's faking the same thought patterns I am with D1-2 pretty well OR he's, in fact, town who thought the same shenanigans as I do.

Of that grouping I'd put ani/zito farrr on the townside. The rest of em. Blah.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 7:50 pm

Post by Starbuck »

V/LA Starting now until Tuesday May 25th.

We have a big on base festival this weekend and I work for Security. So I'll either be on patrol or volunteering at one of our booths
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 11:44 pm

Post by manho »

nhammen wrote:Actually,
vote manho

You were trying to make sure that first lynch went down before people had a chance to comment on Zazie being a Cop. And for the people that did get this chance, you pushed the "Zazie does not look like a Cop" argument to convince them to get the wagon done just that much faster.
if i'm scum, i would know both zazie and ortolan is town, but both claim a guilty result on each other. it would make sense for scum-me to push zazie's lynch if ortolan is my scum-buddy. but he flip town now. scum-me would just sit back and see which town-pr would be lynched. i may not even put my vote on the lynch wagon to gain some town cred. that means PZ is not scum for pushing zazie's lynch with me. scums are among those stay away from or just blindly following the wagon, but not those pushing the wagons.
kunkstar7 wrote:I still like the manho wagon. He's been following along the easy lynch wagons both days, and even went to say the contradiction that he thought orto was not scum but still worthy of a lynch. He then jumps on today's monkey wagon without any input from himself.
Vote: manho.
you can't say someone is "following" a lynch by pushing it hard, which is what i was doing in zazie's lynch.
and for the contradiction thing, read my previous post:
manho wrote:
kunkstar7 wrote:
manho wrote:i start finding ortolan not scum. :?

but i don't know, i'm still with the lynch.
Horrible, just horrible. You start to find him not scum but are still fine with his lynch, why is that?
FoS: manho
i don't know. ortolan is still more likely to be scum, but it's less sure than when zazie flip. and even if ortolan is town, he is VI and bad at decision making and logical thinking. a town-killing town vig is anti-town.
and for the monkey vote, read this:
manho wrote:my gut said monkey is actually town. but sadly my gut is insane. so,

unvote, vote: monkey
i will read the thread again to see if someone is more scummy, when i have time.
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 6:20 am

Post by nhammen »

manho wrote:if i'm scum, i would know both zazie and ortolan is town, but both claim a guilty result on each other. it would make sense for scum-me to push zazie's lynch if ortolan is my scum-buddy. but he flip town now. scum-me would just sit back and see which town-pr would be lynched. i may not even put my vote on the lynch wagon to gain some town cred. that means PZ is not scum for pushing zazie's lynch with me. scums are among those stay away from or just blindly following the wagon, but not those pushing the wagons.
Yeah, and that group of players is very large because
some people
decided to quicklynch Zazie after claiming rather than give everyone a chance to respond. Hmmm, who benefits from a loss of information? Oh yeah, SCUM!

I think scum would have pushed the first wagon hard to A) not allow Town to figure out the actual role interaction here and B) generate a double mislynch.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 7:18 am

Post by Pomegranate »

nhammen wrote:Hmmm... I think you should wait at least a little bit. Maybe a mass name claim? This won't break anything though... It'll just force the scum to use their real name in case they were investigated. But some people will be obvnilla after this... I'm not sure.
I'm good with that.

--
MonkeyMan576 wrote:
populartajo wrote:Why is Kast a town name cop?
My role PM isn't that long, but it mentions his agressive play style.
This doesn't fit that well. There's little motivation for scum to fakeclaim a different player. And I don't know why Kast would be a cop for this.

--

Vote: MonkeyMan
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 10:19 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Pomegranate wrote:
nhammen wrote:Hmmm... I think you should wait at least a little bit. Maybe a mass name claim? This won't break anything though... It'll just force the scum to use their real name in case they were investigated. But some people will be obvnilla after this... I'm not sure.
I'm good with that.

--
MonkeyMan576 wrote:
populartajo wrote:Why is Kast a town name cop?
My role PM isn't that long, but it mentions his agressive play style.
This doesn't fit that well. There's little motivation for scum to fakeclaim a different player. And I don't know why Kast would be a cop for this.

--

Vote: MonkeyMan
Why would anyone be a cop.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 11:14 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Besides which, I can prove my night action results(all 3 nights so far), so me being Kast shouldn't be what you are questioning.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 11:19 am

Post by Pomegranate »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:so me being Kast shouldn't be what you are questioning.
I was questioning why Kast would be a name cop, and what the worth of such a cop would be. I do not doubt that you're Kast.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 11:24 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Pomegranate wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:so me being Kast shouldn't be what you are questioning.
I was questioning why Kast would be a name cop, and what the worth of such a cop would be. I do not doubt that you're Kast.
Obviously there is some connection to the scum, and once that is figured out(or before), scum would have reason to fakeclaim.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 6:41 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Besides which, I can prove my night action results(all 3 nights so far), so me being Kast shouldn't be what you are questioning.
Prove it. Right now.

I've got a theory and when I'm right he gets hung.
Show

Proud member of BaM
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 7:04 pm

Post by populartajo »

SpyreX wrote::roll:

@Tajo:

Now, it looks like zito has some kinda mind blowing powers based on the ani/zito mixture. Unless you think they're both lying (which would hurt my brain) there is truth to that part.

Now, a town role that can't really be checked out without a huge negative? I could see that.

Mind you part of my Zito is town is either he's faking the same thought patterns I am with D1-2 pretty well OR he's, in fact, town who thought the same shenanigans as I do.

I was thinking more in the lines of his ability making him some kind of massive roleblocker AFTER they target him, that means there is a result before going offline.

Regarding Zitotown read, I still dont see it, tbqh. May be, and Im really hoping it, the ortolangate that made all of us take anormal stances.

Monkeyman, do you realize that so far all the claims have been EXTREMELY flavorful? Do you think its scummy that you dont have a valid explanation to fit Kast as a name cop?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Cuttlefish
Cuttlefish
Goon
Cuttlefish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 7:14 pm

Post by Cuttlefish »

I don't doubt that Monkey is at least a name cop, if not a role cop. Scum wouldn't be stupid enough to fake-claim like that. I don't doubt that his name is Kast. So I don't know why people (ahem, Pomegranate) are asking why Kast would be a name cop.
Now, what I don't get is that I don't know how a mafia name cop would be useful. It actually seems like a really useless role. Town name cop would be almost as useless.
BUT
If Monkey were a town name cop, he would have asked for his inspection targets to name-claim before claiming his role, because now if he's town he's as useful as a vanilla townie, unless dramonic is imitating Vi and put Tarhalindur in as a scum role (which we wouldn't know anyway).

tl;dr: Monkey is a mafia role cop, claim means nothing, lynch goes ahead as scheduled.
*Cuddle*
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 7:15 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Still it seems like for the rest of the game which hurts my head as a SCUM thing - maaaybe SK or third party but still smells town all over.

Like I said - objectively? Not a good town read.
Subjectively? Because of the parallels with the madness I saw, yea. Much stronger.
Show

Proud member of BaM
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 7:49 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Cuttlefish wrote:I don't doubt that Monkey is at least a name cop, if not a role cop. Scum wouldn't be stupid enough to fake-claim like that. I don't doubt that his name is Kast. So I don't know why people (ahem, Pomegranate) are asking why Kast would be a name cop.
Now, what I don't get is that I don't know how a mafia name cop would be useful. It actually seems like a really useless role. Town name cop would be almost as useless.
BUT
If Monkey were a town name cop, he would have asked for his inspection targets to name-claim before claiming his role, because now if he's town he's as useful as a vanilla townie, unless dramonic is imitating Vi and put Tarhalindur in as a scum role (which we wouldn't know anyway).

tl;dr: Monkey is a mafia role cop, claim means nothing, lynch goes ahead as scheduled.
My targets don't know who they are, so if they claim and they are lying, I can still counterclaim them.
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 8:35 pm

Post by manho »

Pomegranate wrote:There's little motivation for scum to fakeclaim a different player.
there is reason for scum to fake a name-claim, as some "name" is more suitable for some "role". for example, a scum who wants to claim "name cop" as his "role" will not name claim "Kast". so scum might fake name-claim.

but now we have a claimed name-cop, i doubt scum would fake name-claim then, unless monkey is scum, which is likely the case.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2010 1:47 am

Post by Zang »

Sorry for low activity, Let me read and I'll post something later.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2010 10:08 am

Post by SpyreX »

AGAIN:

Prove it. Right now.

Show

Proud member of BaM
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2010 10:42 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

SpyreX wrote:AGAIN:

Prove it. Right now.

You really think I ought to show my hand because one player says so? That would be really advantagous for scummy players, which I'm betting you are.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2010 10:43 am

Post by SpyreX »

Dingle dangle choo choo'

I want more activity here. Especially votes. Sweet, sweet votes.
Show

Proud member of BaM
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2010 10:47 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

populartajo wrote:
SpyreX wrote::roll:

@Tajo:

I was thinking more in the lines of his ability making him some kind of massive roleblocker AFTER they target him, that means there is a result before going offline.

Regarding Zitotown read, I still dont see it, tbqh. May be, and Im really hoping it, the ortolangate that made all of us take anormal stances.

Monkeyman, do you realize that so far all the claims have been EXTREMELY flavorful? Do you think its scummy that you dont have a valid explanation to fit Kast as a name cop?
I gave an explanation.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2010 10:49 am

Post by SpyreX »

He said valid.

Dingle dangle.
Show

Proud member of BaM
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2010 11:04 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

SpyreX wrote:He said valid.

Dingle dangle.
You're not making sense. I have 100% success in night results, and I can be investigated, yet you want a quick lynch on me.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2010 11:20 am

Post by SpyreX »

Investigated by whom, praytell? Someone really isn't paying attention to the game are they?

Give out your night results and we'll see. I'm betting a pattern.
Show

Proud member of BaM
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2010 11:22 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

SpyreX wrote:Investigated by whom, praytell? Someone really isn't paying attention to the game are they?

Give out your night results and we'll see. I'm betting a pattern.
I'm not giving out results until people nameclaim. Otherwise the results are worthless. My results are needed to incriminate others, not to clear me.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2010 11:26 am

Post by SpyreX »

And, again, there's no reason to fakeclaim a name even as scum since well, there's no inherent flavor-bad names in mafiascum.net.

So, you can get roped.
Show

Proud member of BaM

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”