Scummers Mafia: Greatest Bash? (Game Over, Scum wins?)

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Scummers Mafia: Greatest Bash? (Game Over, Scum wins?)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 2:40 am

Post by dramonic »

A private, all-included hotel in a Caribbean resort and the biggest concentration of scummers to date. This was going to be the greatest meet ever.

It was about 3 pm when the plane from montreal to puerto vallarta landed. DGB, Albert and I quickly gathered our luggage in the terminal and headed for the exit. As usual, there was a bunch of tour guides and hosts with cardboard sign to identify their group. I caught a glimpse of a "Davidson", a "Ledoux" and a "Tremblay" before spotting Farside. I laughed pretty hard when I saw her sign with the big "Townie?" on it. On our way to the resort she explained to us that while we were late (our flight had been delayed several hours due to weather), that we were actually among the first to arrive. Obviously people like Haylen and Talitha were there already, their flight across the Pacific arriving significantly earlier in the morning. By the time we reached the hotel we had also been recited an exhaustive list of Aerin's habits, likes and dislikes. I wonder if I'll be like that when I get kids...

The hotel was incredible. At the entrance we received these nifty little name tags with our mafiascum IDs on them. With so many of us I wouldn't have remembered real names anyways, so this was a welcome initiative. It also allowed me to confirm a few key points, like Adel really being male and Prozak not being an asian chick with big breasts, or asian, or a chick. Details really, considering free, unlimited amounts of food and alcohol , a gigantic pool and room service in which the maids craft animals out of your towels when they clean awaited us. Not that I spent a lot of time in my room. It didn't take me long to find the bar and get to drinking with BloodCovenant and TheStatusQuo.

Slowly but surely we started forming groups and doing what you'd expect a scummers convention to do; play mafia. Deify, Vengeful, Normal, Kingmakers, I played in all types of setups, all the while taking a shooter in between each round. Needless to say by the time everyone finally got to the hotel I was completely drunk. My head was spinning and I was wasted enough that I couldn't ascertain Vi's gender when he... or she... arrived at 11. Midnight passed and people began to get fuzzier to me. I think that's when I passed out... In the middle of a conversation with someone, in my state I didn't check the name tag.

Dramonic passed out. I caught him before he hit the floor, but still, I know shouldn't have let him drink so much. I had to carry him to a long-chair to avoid people tripping on his limp body after Brandi almost did.

That's when the scream echoed through the hotel. I rushed to the site where the sound had originated from. The closer I got to it, the more shouts were heard. Something about Sudo, Ythill and Kise... When I reached the scene, I completely froze. Someone had tied the three of them to a decorative totem pole and set the contraption on fire. Their flesh was thoroughly consumed and their features were undistinguishable, if only for the intact name tags that had been taped to the pole, probably after the crime had been perpetrated. Oddly enough, I wasn't scared or anything. Just a bit shaken by, well, the blood and all. Clearly someone had been taking mafia a bit too seriously around here? I motioned to Mr. Flay, who was standing next to me, to call the security. If we were fast enough we could lock down the hotel and make sure the killer wouldn't escape. Someone, I think it was Thok, then pointed out to a small piece of paper that seem to protrude from under Kise's body. I picked it up and noticed it was a letter, so I opened it, cleared my throat and began reading out loud.

"Dear Scummers,

We hope you do not mind the bluntness of this presentation, but we think it's a quite effective way to get your attention. Go to your rooms, there you might very well find a card waiting for you. Those signify we have chosen you to take part in this special mafia event! If there is no card, then sorry, you'll have to try against another time and we will require from you to leave the resort immediately and go back home. Bear in mind that if in any way you try to intervene in the game, whether through outer autorities or otherwise, we will blow up the resort with everyone in it, it's no hard task.

P.S. Don't wear the name tags tomorrow. That would kill a lot of the fun and we might accidentally push the button.

With Eternal Love
The Scummers Mafia."

As you can expect, this kinda pissed me off, what with having just told Flay to call the cops. After canceling him and kind of calming my frustration I sprinted to my room. A small card laid on my pillow. Written on it was my role PM I guess. I shoved it into my pocket and emptied my suitcase on the bed, scattering my things all over the sheets. Not that I expected to not find anything, but it helped suppress my need to punch something. I noticed a small Winnie The Pooh bag hanging on the bathroom door. I peered inside with curiosity and found what I needed to accomplish my role in this game. Yeah for party bags... I headed back into the fresh night. Not many people I could trust now, but a few hours remained until dawn and I'd be damned if I didn't make a difference before then.

Scummers Mafia: Greatest Bash?

Still in the Game:
[/b]
Benmage (ABR the mafia goon), survived and won
Cuttlefish (Xyl the mafia puppeteer), survived and won
Reckoner (Percy the mafia godfather), survived and won

Kunkstar (Haylen the absolute usurper mafia redirector), survived but lost

Eliminated:

NPC1 (Ythill the Vanilla Townie), incinerated pregame
NPC2 (Kise the Vanilla Townie), incinerated pregame
NPC3 (Sudo Nym the Vanilla Townie), incinerated pregame
Hoopla (Vi the slightly racist mason dayvig), sledgehammered night 0
Netopalis (Mr. Flay the descendant doc), shot night 0
ZazieR (UncertainKitten the cop), lynched day 1
Cow (SpyreX the vanilla townie), sledgehammered night 1
Ortolan (PokerFace the slightly-overeager-mason-nightvig), lynched day 2
Diacria (Farside the vanilla townie), sledgehammered night 2

Monkeyman (Battle Mage the possessive mafia rolecop), lynched day 3

PopularTajo (Benmage the conditionnal taximan), sledgehammered night 3
Pomegranate (Rayfrost the expendable townie), lynched day 4
The Mask (Pomegranate the roleblocker), lynched day 4
Papa Zito (Tarhalindur the reflexive vanillizer), sledgehammered night 4
Manho (Kublai Khan the vanilla townie), lynched day 5
Starbuck (Kmd the vote-gambler), endgamed
SpyreX (Deathnote the miller), endgamed
Nhammen (Tubby the vanilla townie), endgamed
Ani (Shaft.ed the tracker), endgamed
Last edited by dramonic on Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:10 pm, edited 16 times in total.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 2:43 am

Post by dramonic »

General Rules

Modified, but stolen from Vi with... its... permission. (And now I notice I still don't know what Vi's gender)

1)
Starting and Ending States:
The game starts during the Night. All roles that can communicate at Night may do during pregame. The game will end when one faction has fulfilled its win condition, unless otherwise specified.
2)
Day Procedures:
Each player may discuss the game and cast a single vote at a time against people they want to lynch. Day ends when either the deadline hits or a strict majority of the votes are on one person.
3)
Voting:
Votes should be in
bold
in order for them to count, for instance:
Vote: Bob Dylan
. If you wish to vote for a different player, you
don't
need to unvote. As long as I can tell who you're voting for, I don't care if you abbreviate someone's name when you vote them.
4)
No Lynch:
As an alternative to voting for someone, you may
Vote: No Lynch
, but for it to take effect, enough players must vote No Lynch that it would be impossible to form any other majority.
5)
Deadlines:
Deadline will be 2 weeks.
6)
Mass Inactivity:
In an act of pure villainy, I may shorten the deadline if I deem the activity level is unsatisfactory. You will be warned if I want you fellows to pick up the pace.
7)
Deadline Lynches:
If no single player has enough votes for a lynch at the deadline, the result is
No Lynch
and the game proceeds to Night. Deadlines are there for a reason.

8)
Twilight:
After someone receives the majority vote, everyone may still discuss the game, but votes and unvotes will not be considered - the person voted for by the majority will be lynched regardless. Twilight will last until I waltz in and post a death scene (which can be quite short, but never really long)

9)
Night Length and Procedures:
The topic will be locked at Night. If your Role PM specifies that you have a Night Action, you may follow the instructions on that PM to use it. Barring extenuating circumstances, Nights will not last longer than three RL days.
10)
Night Action Resubmission:
If you have to PM a choice to the mod (i.e. the name of someone you want to kill/protect/investigate), you may change your choice at any time during the Night by sending the mod another PM with the new choice. The most recent choice will be honored.
11)
Role Overlap Policy:
In the event of overlapping and/or contradictory Night Actions (i.e. a mutual roleblock), priority is given to whoever PMs the mod with the action first. However, if two kills are submitted on the same target, the most damaging death will be the one displayed (You can slit someone's throat first, but if he got blown to smithereens no one will care about his throat...)

12)
Bolding Stuff:
Bolding something is how you get the mod to notice it. It's that simple.
13)
Mod Color:
If the mod needs to edit your post, it will be done in
brown,
bolded. Don't impersonate me.
14)
Activity, Prods, and Replacements:
You will be prodded if three days have passed since your last post. You will be replaced if you do not post after another two days, or if you need to be prodded three times throughout the game. If you know ahead of time that you will not be able to participate for at least 48 hours, go ahead and announce it in-thread so nobody (such as
the mod
) thinks you're lurking. I reserve the right to blacklist flakers or people who maliciously replace out.
15)
"Last Words" for replacements:
If you request replacement, you may PM me a message that you would like to have passed on to the person who replaces you.
16)
"Bah!" Posts:
If your player slot is killed off, it's probably because people don't want you around. Unless your role specifically states you can keep talking/voting/playing parcheesi with me, you are allowed one informationless "bah" post and then scram til endgame. Special mechanics can of course overlap
17)
Outside Discussion:
Don't discuss this game outside of this thread with anyone unless your Role PM lets you do otherwise.
18)
Post Edition:
Editing or deleting posts is not allowed (and usually not possible). Doublepost with your changes instead.
19)
Mod and PM quoting:
For role PMs, If you quote it, you will be modkilled. You can send me the reformulation (I'm pretty loose with reformulation) and I will tell you if posting it is allowed or if it needs further modifications. If you quote a PM from me, you will be terminated (barring questions about rules or something).
20)
Modkills:
Breaking any of the above three rules (or flagrantly violating Rule 16) will result in you getting modkilled. Modkills can be retroactive. If a living player breaks any of these rules, the day may or may not end, depending on what would disadvantage that player's faction the most. A dead player breaking any of these rules will result in someone from the same faction getting modkilled. In addition, getting modkilled results in an instant loss for that player, along with my general hatred. In short, follow the rules.
21)
Small/Invisible text:
You may use smaller text if it amuses you, as long as it's not meant to bypass a rule (hint: if it's size 0, it's too small)

22)
Win Mentality:
Play to win.
23)
Policy:
Have fun. Or else. And remember, it's a game - keep it classy and don't take things personally; everyone's doing what they have to to win.
24)
Setup Design:
Please do not attempt to outguess me as the mod or the setup designer. I have a very fertile mind and if I were you I wouldn't expect my roles to fit in the usual mold.

A sample Role PM would look like this. There are vanillas in the game.
Welcome to Scummers Mafia,
XXX
. You are
Kise
. You are a complete and utter Square Enix geek. Pretty useful right?
No, actually it's useless. No wonder I killed you in the flavour.

You are a
Vanilla Townie
. You have the following special abilities:

Passive Abilities:

none

Active Abilities:

none

Win Condition (Town):
You win when all other factions have left the game, or nothing can prevent the same.

Please confirm via return PM.
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 2:45 am

Post by dramonic »

It is currently night 0. If you have a night action, you may submit it now. Day begins 48 hours after I get 17/20 confirms.
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 3:13 am

Post by dramonic »

Everyone has opened their role PM and confirmed except SensFan. All actions must be in before saturday, same hour!
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 3:25 am

Post by dramonic »

When I woke up everybody was gone, replaced by a throbbing headache. The resort was a mess, glasses and paper plates littering the ground and pool. I walked around a bit, wondering where everyone had gone. As I explored a bit, I came accross a grotesque sculpture, ressembleing what could have been bodies at some point. I only realized they WERE actual bodies when I noticed the remains of a nametag on one of the bodies. As I approached to read it somebody called out to me. I would've probably jumped out of my skin in any other context, but I was so hungover I merely turned around to come face to face with someone from yesterday. Can't say who, his nametag was gone and my memory of the eve was nothing more than a blur.

I reached to shake hand but he tackled me and pinned me to the ground. He was yelling at me, blabbering about a card or something. When I told him I didn't have one his rage skyrocketed and he started punching me. Not a friendly punch either, a "I'm about to beat you up til you are in a pool of your own blood" kind of punch. I just closed my eyes and let him vent his anger. I was much too weak, let alone confused to do anything. More sounds, screams and footsteps.

"Leave him alone, he can't be part of them. He passed out before anything happened!" someone shouted.

I opened my eyes to see the guy I was talking to yesterday restraining my aggressor. I wiped my bloodied face on my shirt and sat upright. Once he had calmed down, the man explained to me what had occured while I was out of it. I got up and we headed to my room. No card anywhere, but something lse caught my eye. There was blood pooling close to the "house" next to mine, its source just out of sight. We rushed outside to investigate, scared of what we might find. Our fear was justified however when we ended up looking at the freshest kill. Someone had smashed the body's skull in with a sledgehammer and left a small note

"Hello Scummers!
Day 1 begins. Hope you had a good night, because Hoopla sure didn't!
P.S. Lay off the trigger, you're ruining the balance."

Half heartedly, we checked her pockets. Luckily, she'd kept the card on herself, but it seemed part of it had been destroyed by the mafia. All that remained of it was the role-name: Vi, slightly racist mason dayvig.

"Wait a minute... Lay off the trigger?" pondered my fellow rescapees.

We scattered to look for others, hopping nobody else had been armed. Before long there were 19 of us. The others explained to me how the mafia had let the others go to "even the odds". We established we'd get back together by the bar, give us some time to wash and dress ourselves in fresher clothes.

Having done that, I started walking back towards the bar, our meeting spot. As I turned around a bunch of decorative trees I fell face-first into the moist dirt. I was about to swear my head of when I noticed I was staring directly at an arm. as I quickly tore apart the bush it was protruding from, it became clear to me what the mafia had meant about laying off the trigger. There it was, a second body from the night. I picked the card from its pocket and rushed for the bar.

"What took you so long?" asked some girl menacingly
"It's Neto guys... I found him dead in a bush, bullet hole in the forehead."

The girl then burst into hysteria, screeching about how I must've shot him. Once again, the man from yesterday stepped up in my defense, how I was the only "confirmed innocent" in the whole mess.

"I don't want this drunkard making decisions!" the girl shouted before bursting into tears.

I just stood there, completely dumbfounded. The man turned to everyone.

"He doesn't have a card, thus he can't be a player. Let's have him be the mod!" He shouted.
"I don't mind... But before we begin, about Neto..." I handed him the card I had taken from the body. "We better thread carefully, our doc is dead."

Hoopla, Vi the slightly racist mason dayvig, has been sledgehammered night 0
Netopalis, Mr. Flay the descendant doc, has been shot night 0

It is now day 1! With 18 players alive, it will require 10 to lynch
I'm a hoot
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 3:47 am

Post by Starbuck »

Go Go Gadget Random...

Vote: SpyreX
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Cuttlefish
Cuttlefish
Goon
Cuttlefish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 4:02 am

Post by Cuttlefish »

Vote: ZazieR.

Also, since when is Vi racist?
*Cuddle*
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 4:12 am

Post by Netopalis »

Wow. Gee, thanks, guys...
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 4:14 am

Post by Zang »

Vote: Ortolan
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Cuttlefish
Cuttlefish
Goon
Cuttlefish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 4:16 am

Post by Cuttlefish »

Neto wrote:Wow. Gee, thanks, guys...
I know what you mean. It's sad that I didn't get to tunnel on you for absolutely no reason this game. :(

Oh, and I'm Nikanor by the way.
*Cuddle*
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 4:18 am

Post by dramonic »

Cuttlefish wrote:
Vote: ZazieR.

Also, since when is Vi racist?
since rolecist is not a word :P
I'm a hoot
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 4:47 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Vote: The Mask.

Only scum need masks.
Welcome to the Network.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 5:38 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

kunkstar7 wrote:

Only scum need masks.
vote:The Mask
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 6:03 am

Post by manho »

animorpherv1 wrote:
kunkstar7 wrote:

Only scum need masks.
vote:The Mask
Vote: The Mask
Niv
Niv
Goon
Niv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 6:27 am

Post by Niv »

Vote SensFan
for being the only person in the game I remember from 3 years ago, and not confirming.

In other News:

That is all.
It's never too late to dig yourself out of a hole with the truth, unless you've been investigated as scum. I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened yet. So get to work helping us track down your fellow dirtbags! ~ MBL
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 6:56 am

Post by SensFan »

Vote: Niv
for old time's sake.

Are
12. Cuttlefish (alt)
13. The Mask (alt)
15. Diacria (alt)
willing to identify their main account?
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Cuttlefish
Cuttlefish
Goon
Cuttlefish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 7:14 am

Post by Cuttlefish »

Cuttlefish wrote:I'm Nikanor by the way.
I'm just playing under this account because I like the name.
*Cuddle*
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 7:25 am

Post by SpyreX »

Hi my name is DeathNote and I am a millers.

Yeeeehaw.

Vote: Diacria

Your vowel to consonant ratio is off.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 7:29 am

Post by SensFan »

*sigh*

Unvote, Vote: SpyreX
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 7:31 am

Post by SpyreX »

I'm totally serious about being a miller.

Is that the *sigh* business?
Show

Proud member of BaM
Niv
Niv
Goon
Niv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 7:37 am

Post by Niv »

Why are we voting the claimed miller and not just ignoring it, and if it is scummy, voting it?

Claiming miller should mean NOTHING.
It's never too late to dig yourself out of a hole with the truth, unless you've been investigated as scum. I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened yet. So get to work helping us track down your fellow dirtbags! ~ MBL
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 7:41 am

Post by SpyreX »

Well, it should matter in the long term and especially for night actions BUTTT you spoiled it a bit early - I wanted to see team miller lynch come out. :P
Show

Proud member of BaM
Niv
Niv
Goon
Niv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 7:46 am

Post by Niv »

Trust me, there will be someone Willing to argue semantics over this.

just 'Cause I'm posting from the side of ignore the miller, dosen't mean the rest of "team miller Lynch" will not decide to say Hi.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 8:54 am

Post by SensFan »

SpyreX wrote:I'm totally serious about being a miller.

Is that the *sigh* business?
Yes, it is. That and [removed due to ongoing game].
SpyreX wrote:I wanted to see team miller lynch come out.
Niv wrote:dosen't mean the rest of "team miller Lynch" will not decide to say Hi.
Hi.
Diacria
Diacria
Goon
Diacria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 11:30 am

Post by Diacria »

SensFan wrote:[
15. Diacria (alt)
willing to identify their main account?
Nah, not yet at least.