Mini 950: DCI Mafia (The Results Are In...)

CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 10:17 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

Stephoscope wrote:
Slaxx wrote:I am trying not to let my frustration effect the way I judge your behavior, but it is becoming very hard for me to do so. I usually relate uncooperativeness to scum. After all, they are the only ones who don't want to push town away from victory, yes?

You have yet to elaborate on why witholding your flavor was unintentional. You had the time to type out "if you need more, ask" but not time ti type out 2 sentences of paraphrased flavor? And surely it did not slip your mind, because by saying "if you need more, ask" you acknowledged that there was indeed more flavor. So if there was no extra effort involved, and you had extra flavor, and you withheld it even though you acknowledged it and had time to type out something else, how was this act of secrecy unintentional? Why have you not yet elaborated on this, blatantly ignoring that part of the question?

A) Answer and Explain the questions above
B) Give a case on CMAR Other than "He led a lynch on a townie, he tunneled" (hypocrisy at its finest)
C) Give possible scum suspects other than CMAR, i.e a back up suspect or a possible partner
A) I did not realize flavor was considered important. Keep in mind I was also criticized for providing my ROLE when I was asked to ROLECLAIM! I have no reservations whatsoever with providing my flavor, and the only reason (in my opinion) that it could be framed as "scummy" is that I paraphrased very carefully.

B) For the third time or however many times it's been, CMAR's claim was like verbatim from the publicly posted vanilla role, and yet he maintained that somehow manually typing a role word by word was acceptable, but cutting and pasting, leading to the same result, was not. CMAR WAS TYPING THE ROLECLAIM BECAUSE HE WAS MAKING IT UP. IT WAS NOT IN HIS INBOX.

C) I will happily point out additional suspects, WHEN I HAVE THEM. I have not yet seen anything so suspicious that I would think it beneficial to shift focus from CMAR. Deal with it.
Are you just a fucking moron?
1) Go look at the Sample PM. Now ISO me and look at my PM flavor. THEY ARE NOTHING FUCKING ALIKE.
2) This was my role claim flavor
CMAR wrote:Screw this, I'm vanilla townie as well. I am the Colts. I originally had a Western theme, but I ran out of music to play and decided to diversify my music.
I have no special abilities and when all other factions have left the game (or nothing can prevent it from happening, which idk how that can happen from a town perspective)
For the unteenth million time, I DID NOT TYPE IT WORD FOR WORD. The second sentence is my PARAPHRASED flavor. The third sentence shows I am vanilla townie and shows my wincon. MY ROLE PM IS NO WHERE NEAR VERBATIM. THIS IS A POOR CASE. Oh, now I see, you think I copied the bolded from the sample PM? First of all, that's not flavor, so STOP fucking saying I copied my flavor from the sample PM. Second of all, I just provided the info from my role PM I felt needed. I did not provide all of the italicized flavor at the beginning or the Confirm InThread at the end and the parts I did provide in between were all paraphrased.

Notice how he is yet to provide the fact based flavor of his PM rather than just the italicized flavor (which I assume is what he gave us).
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 10:20 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

kunkstar7 wrote:Well, I find two options.

1)Steph and CMAR are bussing each other.

It took CMAR until today, and not even until late today to start acknowledging Steph. Now he starts in that Steph has a large chance of being scum:
CMAR wrote:Steth - Has tunneled me with pretty much no reasoning for the past 2 days. Has not provided flavor with his role claim. Has provided a fairly easy role claim. Has suddenly gone absent. Has not contributed much to the town as a whole. Large chance of scum.
On Steph's side, he's basically been tunnelling on CMAR heavily. His case on CMAR has been poor in my opinion, not something that you would be willing to stake the game on, and exclude any other suspects. He could be just hoping that a lynch on CMAR will be enough to clear him from suspicion tomorrow.

2)CMAR and Nico are partners.

CMAR's opinion of Nico:
CMAR wrote:Nico - Hasn't acted protown but based off two things which you will hate, I think he's town. His meta for the game makes sense. In every one of his games as town, he acts this way (unless he's a PR in which he's generally more helpful.) Also, the flavor he provided with his role. It's not something you can just google and it will pop up right away, I tried. But it's definitely true that Frameworks set records in 2002. Unless they got flavor names and descriptions with their fake roles, I don't think he's scum. There is one thing though. They have been the best DCI team of the decade, the Cavaliers. Therefore it is a bit odd that they are only a vanilla townie. Small chance of scum.
He clears Nico off of meta and flavor. As he even admits, these are both poor reasons to clear someone. Yet note the slight opening of his options at the end where he leaves open the chance of Nico being scum, just in case he needs to bus Nico at some point. Even the reason for this small chance of scum is contradictory, as it's the flavor/drum group that provides this opening.

I find it bad that CMAR puts so much into flavor analysis, which is most likely not going to be helpful outside of the reactions to these flavor claims. CMAR's hypocrisy and backtracking when he calls out Steph on the flavor claiming is scummy as well. He first calls out Steph for claiming something that was original, then proceeds to say that he had to "reread" his role pm to find this personal flavor, clearly backtracking. Overall I find one consistency between these two options, CMAR. So that's where my vote is going to be headed.
I find that your number 2 option is hilarious since ever since you answered my flavor question and explained why you didn't claim D1, it almost cleared you in my mind and made Nico my buddy pair with Stethescope.
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

pee on you" - Chesskid

kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 2:43 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

CMAR wrote:I find that your number 2 option is hilarious since ever since you answered my flavor question and explained why you didn't claim D1, it almost cleared you in my mind and made Nico my buddy pair with Stethescope.
Is this your only rebuttal? If so, it only reinforces my opinion of you, as you do nothing to refute either of the pairings, just that option 2 is "hilarious."
Welcome to the Network.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 9:21 am

Post by Slaxx »

Nacho, if you had to choose between steph and CMAR who would you choose? Same question to Nic's replacement.
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 3:11 pm

Post by Trumpet of Doom »

Still working on a Nicodemus replacement.

As a reminder, you currently have ~48 hours to achieve a lynch (no reduced threshold at deadline now); should we go to night before a replacement arrives, I will delay the start of Day 4 until we get one.

ToD Presents: The Best of DCI (The Cadets, 2005: The Zone: Dreamscapes in Four Parts with a Door)

Vote Count S:
CryMeARiver (1, L-3) - Stephoscope
Nicodemus (1, L-3) - Nachomamma8
Stephoscope (1, L-3) - CryMeARiver

Not Voting (3): kunkstar7, Nicodemus, Slaxx
4 votes are required to lynch.

Current Deadline:
Wednesday, May 19, 2010, ~9:00 PM CDT (GMT-6+1)
Discretion is the better part of valor.
If I helped lynch you, you deserved it.

Retired from playing for the foreseeable future.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Trumpet of Doom wrote:
Still working on a Nicodemus replacement. As a reminder, you currently have ~48 hours to achieve a lynch (no reduced threshold at deadline now); should we go to night before a replacement arrives, I will delay the start of Day 4 until we get one.
So no deadline extension? Just seeing how we have to work this.

As things stand now, no, per Rule 7. - ToD
Welcome to the Network.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 3:28 pm

Post by Slaxx »

I would like one. One Third of our players are MIA.

I suppose if you want me to, I could unofficially prod Nachomamma8... - ToD
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 3:43 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

CryMeARiver wrote:Oh, now I see, you think I copied the bolded from the sample PM? First of all, that's not flavor, so STOP fucking saying I copied my flavor from the sample
Kindly point out where I have "fucking" said that.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 3:54 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Sample PM: Mandarins, Vanilla Townie wrote:
You have no special abilities. You win when all other factions have left the game, or nothing can prevent this from happening.
CMAR wrote:
I have no special abilities and when all other factions have left the game (or nothing can prevent it from happening,
I mean, that's probably modkillable if it were actually from a moderator PM to you, but it isn't.

I paraphrased EVERYTHING about my role PM except for the information above, which went without saying since I already claimed vanilla town and obviously knew that stuff was also posted publicly.

You're busted...so you can either go down with some dignity, or you can continue with insults and profanities and histrionic fake laughter and continue to embarrass yourself...
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 3:57 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Damn, this game is shot if we don't get an extension. Oh well.

vote CMAR

Steph's reasoning is good enough for me. With no deadline extension I don't see what is going to change in two days.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 4:03 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

With Nacho V/LA and Nico being replaced, we can't effectively force a lynch without the lynch target selfvoting. There are only three votes available.
Welcome to the Network.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 4:07 pm

Post by Slaxx »

ive been saying from the beginning id like a NL.

Id rather NL thatn lynch CMAR, but if no one wants that i can stick my vote back on.

unvote
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 4:20 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Slaxx wrote:ive been saying from the beginning id like a NL.

Id rather NL thatn lynch CMAR, but if no one wants that i can stick my vote back on.

unvote
I'm confident enough in my read here on CMAR that I'm willing to go with the lynch on him,
Vote: CMAR.
Tomorrow should be a matter of deciding whether Steph was or was not bussing CMAR.
Welcome to the Network.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 11:33 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

@Kunk: It's kind of difficult for me to respond to your cases.

Case 1: You agree with me about Steth being scummy, not gonna argue there. The only reason you put me with him is because "until today, I haven't acknowledged him" and that's only because he hasn't really done anything all game until tunneling me yesterday (in which I did respond, so your case on me is null and void).

Case 2: You pair me with Nico because of my read on him, but you are wrong. I NEVER cleared him based on meta and flavor, I just thought you were scummier and that supported him on the town side. He was never clear, and my opinion of him has indeed changed (as stated earlier).

Yes, I focused on getting flavor out of the claims, is that so bad? I don't know where I have been hypocritical. I might have backtracked, but with a good cause. Sure, there IS personal info in the PM. But EVERYONE that has claimed has provided a fact with their PM except Steth (who still hasn't).

@Steth: I admit, they are similar. But that isn't scummy. I got it straight from my role PM and the fact that the first thing you think of is me getting it from the Sample PM is showing your scumside in itself. So what are you trying to show with it. Are you trying to get me modkilled?

If we aren't going to lynch Steth, we might as well get one more investigation before you guys ML me. IF Kunk is indeed doc, he dies tonight, Slaxx investigates one of us, and we have our 2 scum. It's pretty much foolproof.
EDIT: Damnit, forgot about NachoMamma, who could be scum as well.
But still it's the best plan we have thus far.
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 11:34 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

Oh, and
Unvote; Vote: No Lynch
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 10:00 am

Post by Trumpet of Doom »

Robocopter87 replaces Nicodemus.

Deadline has been extended by two days. The new deadline is Friday, May 21, ~9:00 PM CDT (GMT-6+1).
Discretion is the better part of valor.
If I helped lynch you, you deserved it.

Retired from playing for the foreseeable future.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 10:03 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Robocopter, we have massclaimed and Nico hasn't claimed (wen't MIA from site):
Claim now with as much flavor as you can por favor so we can start actually scumhunting
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 10:06 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

/confirm
I have fully read the thread.

Can I get A vote count?

Give me a bit to make a decent post.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 10:07 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Oh, thats inculdes claim. But I'm pretty sure Nic claimed but I will again.

CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 10:08 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Robocopter87 wrote:Oh, thats inculdes claim. But I'm pretty sure Nic claimed but I will again.
Ugh, you read the thread
You are right, he claimed Blue Devils, but didnt' give much flavor
Don't make a decent post, post flavor first and now
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 10:16 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Nic wrote:My regiment is the Cavaliers, and apparently our show Frameworks set the DCI score record in 2002.
CMAR, I'm not stupid. Your trying to see wether I have the same story as Nic in case he was scum.

That was his claim not the Blue Devils.

CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 10:18 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Robocopter87 wrote:
Nic wrote:My regiment is the Cavaliers, and apparently our show Frameworks set the DCI score record in 2002.
CMAR, I'm not stupid. Your trying to see wether I have the same story as Nic in case he was scum.

That was his claim not the Blue Devils.
God you make things difficult.
Provide more flavor NOW!
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 10:21 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

I'm afraid there is none.
I am just a regular VT. Cavaliers.

CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 10:22 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Robocopter87 wrote:I'm afraid there is none.
I am just a regular VT. Cavaliers.
Vote: Robocopter

Read the sample PM, YAY!
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 10:28 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

You said
more
flavor. Not the flavor that had already been provided.
Nic alreaqdy told you the Flavour was Setting Record in 2002, with the show Frameworks.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”