Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 4:56 am

Post by Ectomancer »

@Incog - I think you'de better hold your horses there cowboy. "It didn't pop up except as a process of elimination. I think the alternative is more likely." is a far cry from, in fact, is an entire state away from "has really high doubts".
What it means is I didn't sit there during the course of the game and go "Hmm, it looks like Incog, Red, and Elmo could be scum buddies together." The fact that I didn't consider it before doesn't mean it isn't possible. (duh)
It still isn't as ridiculous a concept as you are trying to portray. I'm not going to be herded into the decision you want me to make simply because you belong to one of the two groups I'll be lynching from today and lynching the other would save your ass. I'm not worried about saving someone's ass today. We get scum or game over.
My focus has been turning over the mason claims and the setup, followed by the math of the situation, which you are ignoring in your little assessment of how I should be acting. There is one
fact
. Scum is definitely in the Elmo/Incog/Red group, so don't give me this bullshit about how looking there is likely to make me a buddy with scum masons.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 5:55 am

Post by McGriddle »

Well my ultimate logic is this. As everyone knows it's either me and Ecto, or the masons. I am town, meaning Ecto is (most likely) town I am not saying he is town but it would be weird to have a mafia odd night and town even night, but even so I am not discounting him. That being said, the only other possible option is for the masons to be scum and one of the claimed VT's to be their buddy. Who, IDK, but the only person I slightly have a scum leaning towards is Incog due to his slight lack of judgement on the masons.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 6:34 am

Post by Jahudo »

McGriddle wrote:As everyone knows it's either me and Ecto, or the masons.
Who knows that? I don't, and wasn't thinking that way.

RC, Elmo and Incog can all be scum and we still wouldn't be at a shortage of VTs. Go look at past Normal Mini's you've played/read/heard about.

Goat and Ecto may remember that Innocence Falls only had 3 VTs.
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 8:53 am

Post by McGriddle »

So you think the mod would make all PR's town? Interesting. I haven't thought about this before because it is so town heavy... But considering the probability of all the claimed VT's being scum is highly unlikely.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 9:08 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Jahudo wrote:Goat and Ecto may remember that Innocence Falls only had 3 VTs.
And I was vanilla, Ecto was a vig, and you were a mason in that game. If Ectomancer is truly a vig in this game, that would make 3 games where I've played with Ecto and he's been a vig...

I think it's highly unlikely that Ecto is scum if the masons are scum. One out of 2 vigs is scum and the mason pair and all claimed vanilla townies are actually town? Pretty unlikely.

Iamusername: Who do you think is scum beyond Incognito?
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 9:26 am

Post by Jahudo »

McGriddle wrote:So you think the mod would make all PR's town? Interesting. I haven't thought about this before because it is so town heavy... But considering the probability of all the claimed VT's being scum is highly unlikely.
What if they were 3 scum power roles? Something like RB + Tracker + Godfather?

They might've chosen to claim vanilla instead of their power role because it would otherwise look like there were too many town power roles. Without knowing what the scum have, I don't know how confident we should be in saying the town is over-powered.
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 10:15 am

Post by McGriddle »

Jahudo wrote:
McGriddle wrote:So you think the mod would make all PR's town? Interesting. I haven't thought about this before because it is so town heavy... But considering the probability of all the claimed VT's being scum is highly unlikely.

They might've chosen to claim vanilla instead of their power role because it would otherwise look like there were too many town power roles. Without knowing what the scum have, I don't know how confident we should be in saying the town is over-powered.
hmm.. good point, something to ponder over whilst I regain consciousness completely lol
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 10:30 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Jahudo wrote:

Maybe, although those games are still heavily town balanced. Adding scum power roles is not an acceptable balance to too much town power. However, what theoretically is a balanced game is not necessarily the same as what this game is.

Vote RedCoyote
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 1:13 pm

Post by Elmo »

Goatrevolt wrote:I would like to hear more from Elmo, Ecto and friends before proceeding.
What do you want to hear? I'm pretty much where I've been for a while, I'd preferentially lynch Red at this point, though it makes/made sense to wait for the cross-voting since it helps narrows it down a bit. But yeah, I wanted it to happen about halfway through the day and we should now probably think about getting it done for timebank reasons, I don't think I'm really voting anyone else apart from maybe a mason at this point.

vote RedCoyote
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 1:23 pm

Post by McGriddle »

We all seem to think the masons are scum. Wouldn't it make more sense to kill off a mason? We could kill the other mason tomorrow, but if we kill someone else today (like RedCoyote) and they DO flip town, we lose the game. We can find their scum buddy later on down the road.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

I'm not 100% convinced the masons are scum, and if they are scum then Red makes the most sense as a scum buddy to them. I'd rather lynch RedCoyote today, and attempt the vigging of a mason tonight. I think that's a stronger overall play than risking the game on the Masons being scum.
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 1:49 pm

Post by McGriddle »

Goatrevolt wrote:I'm not 100% convinced the masons are scum, and if they are scum then Red makes the most sense as a scum buddy to them. I'd rather lynch RedCoyote today, and attempt the vigging of a mason tonight. I think that's a stronger overall play than risking the game on the Masons being scum.
Oh, shi, I didn't even think about the Vig kill tonight. Well if Ecto targets one of the masons I guess there is no reason to keep up on Jahudo. But the thing is he will most likely be Roleblocked unless we lynch their Roleblocker. I am pretty sure they have a roleblocker as my N2 kill on Jahudo failed. We know the masons are masons, and I don't think they could possibly be a roleblocker mason. Leading to my original gambit for the day in relieving my supicions on Red. I figured we could kill a mason and I could survive the night. Anyways.
Unvote, Vote: RedCoyote
This is getting redundant lol. He was very suspicious but that voting so fast earlier really pushed me to the ultimate conclusion that he is most likely scum.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 1:53 pm

Post by McGriddle »

EBWOP: Keep in mind I haven't had much time to review yesterdays business, I am going off my day 1 reads and todays reads, along with logical analysis on the situation at hand with peoples roles. I am going off a very limited span of knowledge.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 2:08 pm

Post by Incognito »

Meh, fine. Maybe Ectomancer really is legit. If so, pwn the crap out of the scum masons Tonight already.
vote: RedCoyote
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 2:12 pm

Post by Elmo »

Okay, well, here's some information (not analysis zomg :shock:) from a neutral point of view.

* Goat is town, essentially, because of pops.
* Iam / Jah are both town or both scum.
* If Ecto is town, McGriddle is town.

You could say that Ecto & McGriddle have the same alignment and I wouldn't complain, but I'm paranoid. :)

If the masons are scum, the mafia can be:
RedCoyote / Jahudo / iamausername
Incognito / Jahudo / iamausername
Elmo / Jahudo / iamausername
Ectomancer / Jahudo / iamausername

If masons are town:
RedCoyote / Incognito / Elmo
RedCoyote / Incognito / Ectomancer
RedCoyote / Elmo / Ectomancer
RedCoyote / Ectomancer / McGriddle
Incognito / Elmo / Ectomancer
Incognito / Ectomancer / McGriddle
Elmo / Ectomancer / McGriddle

Maybe that helps a bit. Red's a pretty good vote from my point of view.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 2:30 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

vote redcoyote

Let's see what we got.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 2:38 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Hmm, actually I think that Incognito hammered there.

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 3:01 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Day 3, Final Vote Count

With eight alive, it takes
votes to lynch. Deadline is schedueled for 6:30PM GMT, May 22nd <Countdown>.

RedCoyote
-
(Jahudo, Goatrevolt, Elmo, McGriddle, Incognito)
Jahudo
-
(RedCoyote)
Not Voting
-
(iamausername, Ectomancer)

RedCoyote was lynched Day 3. He was a
Vanilla Townie.

And with that, I am going to fast-forward the game and declare the scumteam of
Ectomancer, Incognito, McGriddle
the winners as there is nothing that can prevent them from doing so.

Goatrevolt,
Vanilla Townie
has been endgamed.

Elmo,
Vanilla Townie
has been endgamed.

Jahudo,
Town Mason
has been endgamed.

iamausername,
Town Mason
has been endgamed.

Ectomancer,
Mafia Goon
has survived and won.

Incognito,
Mafia Roleblocker
has survived and won.

McGriddle,
Mafia Roleblocker
has survived and won.
Last edited by Hoopla on Mon May 17, 2010 3:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 3:02 pm

Post by McGriddle »

nope you did. But it is twilight so I just want to let everyone know I really am town even night vig. Just in case he flips town.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by iamausername »

ffffffffffffffffffffffffff
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 3:10 pm

Post by Jahudo »

lol what? Ecto wasn't gambiting with his vig claim... he was counter-claimed by his own scumbuddy.

Ingenious :D
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 3:22 pm

Post by Incognito »

Good game all. Even though I had fun with this one, I'm more than happy that it's over. I'll probably have more comments later.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 3:23 pm

Post by Elmo »

gg

Odd game.

McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 3:34 pm

Post by McGriddle »

Lol JK about me being town BTW lol. Good job scum team :)
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 3:58 pm

Post by Hoopla »

The Set-Up, Night Actions and Role PM's

Town

2x Masons
1x Role-Cop
1x Weak Doctor
5x Vanilla Townies

Mafia

2x Roleblocker
1x Goon

-~-~-~-~-

Night 1

popsofctown protects Goatrevolt
Incognito blocks iamausername
McGriddle blocks Goatrevolt
Ectomancer kills Patrick

Night 2

popsofctown protects Ectomancer
Incognito blocks Elmo
McGriddle blocks Goatrevolt
Ectomancer kills popsofctown

-~-~-~-~-~-

Role PM's

5x
(Goatrevolt, Elmo, SerialClergyman, RedCoyote, Patrick)

Vanilla Townie

You are a loyal citizen of Quayside, eager to topple the reign of the mafia. Your only power is your vote and your wit, which during the day you will use to hopefully catch the mafia.

Additional Abilities:
N/A
Win Condition:
You win when all threats to the town are eliminated, and there is at least one town-aligned player alive.

The game thread is <here>. Please confirm via PM by quoting your role title.

2x
(iamausername, Jahudo)

Town Mason

Best friends throughout your life, and the sole remainders of the once elite and well established Quayside Masonry, you and your partner Jahudo decided stubbornly to stay and fight for the town. Confirmed innocent to each other, you also have a vote each you can utilize during the day. You both enjoy table tennis.

Additional Abilities:
Each night, and during confirmations, you and your partner may talk together at this <quicktopic>
Win Condition:
You win when all threats to the town are eliminated, and there is at least one town-aligned player alive.

1x
(popsofctown)

Town Weak Doctor

Aging, enfeebled, you know you're on your last legs, and are utterly devestated by the recent events. You always thought you'd die happy, living your last days in peace with the people dearest to you. You've seen the town come a long way - you were once the town's only registered physician, and opened the town's first surgery, giving hope and stability to many people. Spurred by anger and perhaps taking the wrong medication, you bravely decide to come out of retirement, vowing to save lives once again, whatever the risk. You also have a cat named Toby.

Additional Abilities:
Each night, you may PM me the name of one player you wish to protect. If the player you protect is town aligned, you will prevent one kill on that player. If the player you protect is anti-town aligned, you will die.
Win Condition:

1x
(NabakovNabakov)

Town Role-Cop

Your first years as a junior officer yielded tough times for you; from rough shower initiations, to 'accidental' taser related injuries. Yes, the academy was easy, but unfortunately the officers you worked with over the years were slightly less cherishing. As such, your learning process was slightly stunted. There was a time where you were destined to be slightly more; a hard-hitting detective working on the inside, but alas it wasn't to be. Not all is lost though, as you still hold some value for the town. Working with your technologically outdated equipment you're not capable of finding guilty scumbags, but you can still determine their role in the town.

Additional Abilities:
Each night, you may PM me the name of a player you wish to investigate. If successful, you will find out their role.
Note:
Role is not indicative of alignment, for example;
Mafia Watcher = Watcher
Town Busdriver = Busdriver
Vanilla Town = Vanilla
Mafia Goon (Vanilla Mafia) = Vanilla
Win Condition:

~~~~~~

2x
(McGriddle, Incognito)

Mafia Roleblocker

Over the last few years, you and your partners Incognito (Roleblocker) and Ectomancer (Goon) have been let down by the Quayside's grotesque idealism. With town numbers dwindling, and the stigma attached to murder slowly desensitizing, it is the perfect opportunity to take this town by storm, and reap the financial rewards you so thoroughly deserve by selling out the Quayside.

Additional Abilities:
Each night, and during confirmations, you and your partners may talk together at this <quicktopic>.
Each night, your team may attempt to kill any player in the game by one of you submitting a name to me via PM. In the event I receive more than one name, the last one I receive will count.
Each night, you may use your personal roleblock ability. You may not block and submit the group kill in the same night. If the player you block has a blockable action, they will not be notified, unless it is an investigation role, which will receive 'no result'.
Win Condition:
You win when your mafia faction makes up 50% of the town, and nothing can prevent you from winning.

1x
(Ectomancer)

Mafia Goon

Over the last few years, you and your partners McGriddle (Roleblocker) and Incognito (Roleblocker) have been let down by the Quayside's grotesque idealism. With town numbers dwindling, and the stigma attached to murder slowly desensitizing, it is the perfect opportunity to take this town by storm, and reap the financial rewards you so thoroughly deserve by selling out the Quayside.

Additional Abilities:
Each night, and during confirmations, you and your partners may talk together at this <quicktopic>.
Each night, your team may attempt to kill any player in the game by one of you submitting a name to me via PM. In the event I receive more than one name, the last one I receive will count.
Each night, your partners may use their personal roleblock ability. They may not block and submit the group kill in the same night. If the player(s) they block have a blockable action, they will not be notified, unless it is an investigation role, which will receive 'no result'.
Win Condition:
You win when your mafia faction makes up 50% of the town, and nothing can prevent you from winning.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”