Mini 950: DCI Mafia (The Results Are In...)

CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 3:04 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

Slaxx wrote:Steph's flavor sounds fake.

CMAR's flavor sounds kind of selfmotivated, making me think possible scum. As in, the band is only concerned about themselves. However I don't look too much into it so whatever.

Nic's flavor I need more of I think.
Hmm, I surprisingly agree with all of this. I don't know how anyone gets scummy drum groups, but I would include this one. Just look at the insignia someone posted earlier haha.
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 4:15 pm

Post by Slaxx »

I am not, I said I don't put that much analysis into flavors. I wasnt calling CMAR scum, I was calling the flavor scummy. I then said I didn't look too much into it so whatever.

The only thing I find scummy is Steph's refusal to share his flavor for a period of time: something unrelated to the actual flavor of the role PM. I want more of it just because. Its better to lay it all out on the table now.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 4:18 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

CryMeARiver wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
CryMeARiver wrote: Is anyone else seeing how EVERYONE's role PM flavor as well as the sample PM flavors are about the drum group itself while his is like an online dating ad? Lynch him please
I have both band flavor, and personal flavor. From the way you say this, you're acting like you don't. Is my assumption false, and if not, why would you say this?
Mine actually does now that I reread it. Something about how I don't care about rankings ever since the judges ranked me second in 1983 when the crowd felt I should have won and now I only care about how I feel after a performance. Now I'm on the biggest stage of my life and I have to improvise.
I don't like the backtracking from this. You attack Steph because of stating some personal flavor as if you didn't have any then when called on it you "reread" your pm and now you have more. At this point I find the reactions to the flavor more important than the actual flavor, (maybe because I know nothing of the DCI.)
Welcome to the Network.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 4:20 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Damn it kunk. I wasnt going to say that until Nic put his full flavor out on to the table, but you ruined the surprise.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 4:25 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

:(
Welcome to the Network.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 4:57 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Slaxx wrote:Why wait to give us the flavor?
It wasn't intentional.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 5:07 pm

Post by Slaxx »

....Elaborate.

Who else is scum?
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 10:31 am

Post by Stephoscope »

I'm not trying to tunnel on CMAR, but I don't really have scum reads on anyone else.
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 10:37 am

Post by Slaxx »

It would be a good idea to get some. You do realize we have to lynch correctly today?
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 11:25 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Sure, that's why I want to lynch CMAR.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by Slaxx »

I am trying not to let my frustration effect the way I judge your behavior, but it is becoming very hard for me to do so. I usually relate uncooperativeness to scum. After all, they are the only ones who don't want to push town away from victory, yes?

You have yet to elaborate on why witholding your flavor was unintentional. You had the time to type out "if you need more, ask" but not time ti type out 2 sentences of paraphrased flavor? And surely it did not slip your mind, because by saying "if you need more, ask" you acknowledged that there was indeed more flavor. So if there was no extra effort involved, and you had extra flavor, and you withheld it even though you acknowledged it and had time to type out something else, how was this act of secrecy unintentional? Why have you not yet elaborated on this, blatantly ignoring that part of the question?

A) Answer and Explain the questions above
B) Give a case on CMAR Other than "He led a lynch on a townie, he tunneled" (hypocrisy at its finest)
C) Give possible scum suspects other than CMAR, i.e a back up suspect or a possible partner
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 12:31 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

kunkstar7 wrote:
CryMeARiver wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
CryMeARiver wrote: Is anyone else seeing how EVERYONE's role PM flavor as well as the sample PM flavors are about the drum group itself while his is like an online dating ad? Lynch him please
I have both band flavor, and personal flavor. From the way you say this, you're acting like you don't. Is my assumption false, and if not, why would you say this?
Mine actually does now that I reread it. Something about how I don't care about rankings ever since the judges ranked me second in 1983 when the crowd felt I should have won and now I only care about how I feel after a performance. Now I'm on the biggest stage of my life and I have to improvise.
I don't like the backtracking from this. You attack Steph because of stating some personal flavor as if you didn't have any then when called on it you "reread" your pm and now you have more. At this point I find the reactions to the flavor more important than the actual flavor, (maybe because I know nothing of the DCI.)
No backtracking here. My personal flavor makes more sense to me than his first of all, and second of all, I had truly forgotten all about the italicized part. I only remembered the facts relating to the drum corps team. Also, the fact that Steph STILL hasn't provided any facts to do with his team (that is presumably in his fake PM) after being called out on it is noted (and scummy).
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

pee on you" - Chesskid

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 12:34 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Everyone should weigh in on the Steph/slaxx conversation.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 12:37 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

Slaxx wrote:I am trying not to let my frustration effect the way I judge your behavior, but it is becoming very hard for me to do so. I usually relate uncooperativeness to scum. After all, they are the only ones who don't want to push town away from victory, yes?

You have yet to elaborate on why witholding your flavor was unintentional. You had the time to type out "if you need more, ask" but not time ti type out 2 sentences of paraphrased flavor? And surely it did not slip your mind, because by saying "if you need more, ask" you acknowledged that there was indeed more flavor. So if there was no extra effort involved, and you had extra flavor, and you withheld it even though you acknowledged it and had time to type out something else, how was this act of secrecy unintentional? Why have you not yet elaborated on this, blatantly ignoring that part of the question?

B) Give a case on CMAR Other than "He led a lynch on a townie, he tunneled" (hypocrisy at its finest)
C) Give possible scum suspects other than CMAR, i.e a back up suspect or a possible partner
Still waiting for him to answer this.
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 1:01 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Hi, I have my scum suspect, but it answers point B) and C) on the questions for Steph, so I'm holding off until he shows up with them.
Welcome to the Network.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 1:12 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

kunkstar7 wrote:Hi, I have my scum suspect, but it answers point B) and C) on the questions for Steph, so I'm holding off until he shows up with them.
Can't wait :roll:
I'll post my two scumspects with cases after Steph does what I called him out on and Nico/Steph answer Slaxx's questions.
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 2:00 pm

Post by Trumpet of Doom »

Nicodemus is (again) being replaced; I may be willing to extend the deadline depending on how quickly a replacement arrives.

Nachomamma8's LA (through Saturday) has been noted.
Discretion is the better part of valor.
If I helped lynch you, you deserved it.

Retired from playing for the foreseeable future.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 2:12 pm

Post by Slaxx »

With two people out of the loop, we will probably need a decent deadline extension =/.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 2:43 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

@Mod: Please notify us right when the replacement comes in
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 3:38 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

CMAR wrote: Can't wait
I'll post my two scumspects with cases after Steph does what I called him out on and Nico/Steph answer Slaxx's questions.
Why wait?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 4:17 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Slaxx wrote:I am trying not to let my frustration effect the way I judge your behavior, but it is becoming very hard for me to do so. I usually relate uncooperativeness to scum. After all, they are the only ones who don't want to push town away from victory, yes?

A) I did not realize flavor was considered important. Keep in mind I was also criticized for providing my ROLE when I was asked to ROLECLAIM! I have no reservations whatsoever with providing my flavor, and the only reason (in my opinion) that it could be framed as "scummy" is that I paraphrased very carefully.

B) For the third time or however many times it's been, CMAR's claim was like verbatim from the publicly posted vanilla role, and yet he maintained that somehow manually typing a role word by word was acceptable, but cutting and pasting, leading to the same result, was not. CMAR WAS TYPING THE ROLECLAIM BECAUSE HE WAS MAKING IT UP. IT WAS NOT IN HIS INBOX.

C) I will happily point out additional suspects, WHEN I HAVE THEM. I have not yet seen anything so suspicious that I would think it beneficial to shift focus from CMAR. Deal with it.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 4:29 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Lol finally.

Would CMAR like to rebuttle to these accusations?
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 4:33 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Well, I find two options.

1)Steph and CMAR are bussing each other.

It took CMAR until today, and not even until late today to start acknowledging Steph. Now he starts in that Steph has a large chance of being scum:
CMAR wrote:Steth - Has tunneled me with pretty much no reasoning for the past 2 days. Has not provided flavor with his role claim. Has provided a fairly easy role claim. Has suddenly gone absent. Has not contributed much to the town as a whole. Large chance of scum.
On Steph's side, he's basically been tunnelling on CMAR heavily. His case on CMAR has been poor in my opinion, not something that you would be willing to stake the game on, and exclude any other suspects. He could be just hoping that a lynch on CMAR will be enough to clear him from suspicion tomorrow.

2)CMAR and Nico are partners.

CMAR's opinion of Nico:
CMAR wrote:Nico - Hasn't acted protown but based off two things which you will hate, I think he's town. His meta for the game makes sense. In every one of his games as town, he acts this way (unless he's a PR in which he's generally more helpful.) Also, the flavor he provided with his role. It's not something you can just google and it will pop up right away, I tried. But it's definitely true that Frameworks set records in 2002. Unless they got flavor names and descriptions with their fake roles, I don't think he's scum. There is one thing though. They have been the best DCI team of the decade, the Cavaliers. Therefore it is a bit odd that they are only a vanilla townie. Small chance of scum.
He clears Nico off of meta and flavor. As he even admits, these are both poor reasons to clear someone. Yet note the slight opening of his options at the end where he leaves open the chance of Nico being scum, just in case he needs to bus Nico at some point. Even the reason for this small chance of scum is contradictory, as it's the flavor/drum group that provides this opening.

I find it bad that CMAR puts so much into flavor analysis, which is most likely not going to be helpful outside of the reactions to these flavor claims. CMAR's hypocrisy and backtracking when he calls out Steph on the flavor claiming is scummy as well. He first calls out Steph for claiming something that was original, then proceeds to say that he had to "reread" his role pm to find this personal flavor, clearly backtracking. Overall I find one consistency between these two options, CMAR. So that's where my vote is going to be headed.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 4:37 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Hm, I need to consider a possible Steph/Nico pairing, but I find that less likely than the above two options.
Welcome to the Network.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 4:48 pm

Post by Slaxx »

I want to see where Steph gets his second read from before we go much further. If he isn't scum, he has been telegraphing his towniness extremely poorly.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”