Pledge of Allegiance (Game Over! Page 76)

UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 1:46 pm

Post by UncertainKitten »

farside22 wrote:
UncertainKitten wrote:That's a nice justification but doesn't really help me determine your alignment. So, please excuse me for not excusing your actions which are borderline scummy.
Then answer the question in 907 that DGB ignored
Huh? Why should I? My stance is pretty clear I think. Nico is flat scummier than Fishy. And I don't know YOUR motivations, but
I
plan to catch
mafia
, not third party monkeys.

@SC: What about meta supported policy lynches?

Also, Jack was pretty clearly joking since the intent had already been revealed.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 2:43 pm

Post by Zorblag »

It looks like I'll be busy tonight but I should be about tomorrow morning to answer some questions and let you know what's changed in my thoughts. Until then I'll say that if I claim anything today it'll be to share my role and anything I might or might not know beyond that before I get lynched, because I think I know something that would help the town to know immediately or because we're doing a mass claim of some sort (full, role, flavor or branch I'd guess for this game). Pretty much the same conditions I'd claim something under during any game. Claims should be done right and shouldn't be done piecemeal and I'd think that Ellibereth's been in a game with me at the right spot to know that. The same goes for some others here though I pretty much expect DrippingGoofball to point to her signature now given how she's playing.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 2:51 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

UncertainKitten wrote:@SC: What about meta supported policy lynches?
I generally don't like going for those with better information on the table. The exception is LALiars (probably because I consider lying a strong tell), but even that doesn't always apply.

If farside22 can convince me that there
ISN'T
better information on the table, then I may change my opinion of her, but for now her recent actions are unsettling.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 2:55 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

ANNOUNCEMENT: Nico is officially lurking, he posted in at least one other game.
Troll wrote:Claims should be done right and shouldn't be done piecemeal and I'd think that Ellibereth's been in a game with me at the right spot to know that.
I thought we argued over that. :P
FLASH OF GREEN
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 2:55 pm

Post by Jack »

Yeah, Nico is probably scum too.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 3:11 pm

Post by charter »

Going to be out of town for a little bit, should be able to catch up sunday or monday.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 5:06 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Ellibereth wrote:ANNOUNCEMENT: Nico is officially lurking, he posted in at least one other game.
Troll wrote:Claims should be done right and shouldn't be done piecemeal and I'd think that Ellibereth's been in a game with me at the right spot to know that.
I thought we argued over that. :P
But but my gut is hating on Troll so much harder :O He IS a better lynch than fishy though.
StrangerCoug wrote:If farside22 can convince me that there
ISN'T
better information on the table, then I may change my opinion of her, but for now her recent actions are unsettling.
Huh? From what I can tell farside wants an admitted non-town lynched because she thinks fishy is lying mafia (possibly roleblocker) with an awesome safe/fakeclaim. What does that have to do with "better information on the table"?
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 5:15 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Gamma wrote: But but my gut is hating on Troll so much harder :O He IS a better lynch than fishy though.
TROLL AND NICO CAN BOTH DIE!
WIN WIN WIN!
FLASH OF GREEN
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 5:17 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

I LOVE THIS PLAN HOW CAN IT HAPPEN
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 12:57 am

Post by Chronopie »

A vig and a lynch?

Please no caps locks o' death in this game.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 1:55 am

Post by zoraster »

Day 2 Vote Count

charter ( 0 )
Chronopie ( 0 )
d3x ( 1 ) Jack
Debonair Danny DiPietro ( 0 )
DrippingGoofball ( 0 )
Ellibereth ( 0 )
farside22 ( 1 ) StrangerCoug
fishythefish ( 6 ) farside22 charter Zorblag Chronopie Shotty to the Body RedCoyote
Gammagooey ( 0 )
imaginality ( 0 )
Jack ( 1 ) popsofctown
StrangerCoug ( 0 )
LLamaFluff ( 0 )
Nicodemus ( 4 ) fishythefish Ellibereth UncertainKitten Debonair Danny DiPietro
phate ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 0 )
RedCoyote ( 0 )
Shotty to the Body ( 1 ) Nicodemus
UncertainKitten ( 0 )
Plum ( 0 )
Zorblag ( 4 ) Plum LLamaFluff DrippingGoofball Gammagooey
Not Voting ( 3 ) phate imaginality d3x
Total Votes ( 21 )

Deadline: May 24th at 11:00 EDT
With 21 able to vote, 11 needed to lynch.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 2:22 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

We can begin by lynching Troll.

Then we can vig Nico.

It's very simple, kids.

Jack, StrangerCoug, imaginality, pops, d3x, Phate, Nico >>> unproductive voters.

GET ON WITH THE BIZNIS
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 3:39 am

Post by farside22 »

Gammagooey wrote:
ISN'T
Huh? From what I can tell farside wants an admitted non-town lynched because she thinks fishy is lying mafia (possibly roleblocker) with an awesome safe/fakeclaim. What does that have to do with "better information on the table"?
OMG someone actual gets my view on the subject.

*gives cookie to Gamma*

Seriously the only way I'm jumping off this wagon is if the vig kills fishy.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 4:36 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Gammagooey wrote:
ISN'T
If she thinks Fishythefish is Mafia, she should have pushed that rather than the fact that he admitted he wasn't town.
DrippingGoofball wrote:We can begin by lynching Troll.

Then we can vig Nico.

It's very simple, kids.

Jack, StrangerCoug, imaginality, pops, d3x, Phate, Nico >>> unproductive voters.
Apparently, being oblivious to the Zorblag case = being unproductive. Could you bring me up to speed?

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 5:02 am

Post by farside22 »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Gammagooey wrote:
ISN'T
If she thinks Fishythefish is Mafia, she should have pushed that rather than the fact that he admitted he wasn't town.
So you admit to knowing he stated he was not town. And think he should be spared lynch because he admitted to not being town.
Let me ask you something here.

Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 5:07 am

StrangerCoug wrote:Apparently, being oblivious to the Zorblag case = being unproductive. Could you bring me up to speed?
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 36#2266636
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 03#2267003
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 21#2267921
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 75#2267975

A productive vote could be on Troll, Nico, or Fishy... or even a player that has another vote. There is NO WAY that we're lynching farside. EVA. You need to move that vote.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 5:13 am

Post by Jack »

##unvote
##vote:Nico
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 10:57 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

farside22 wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
Gammagooey wrote:
ISN'T
So you admit to knowing he stated he was not town. And think he should be spared lynch because he admitted to not being town.
Let me ask you something here.

Way to misrepresent me, farside22. I said your focus should be Mafia, not just anybody not town. If you had kept your Fishythefish case solid and convinced us that he was Mafia, I would have no objections, but you said that claiming not town gets you the death penalty. There is an other/non-hostile alignment possible, and the mod has said that, by non-hostile, he means that their win condition doesn't preclude the town winning. I think Fishythefish is non-hostile other; it doesn't look to me like you give a damn what he is anymore.
DrippingGoofball wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:Apparently, being oblivious to the Zorblag case = being unproductive. Could you bring me up to speed?
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 36#2266636
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 03#2267003
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 21#2267921
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 75#2267975

A productive vote could be on Troll, Nico, or Fishy... or even a player that has another vote. There is NO WAY that we're lynching farside. EVA. You need to move that vote.
I beg to differ on farside22, but I can hop on an SK lynch. That needs to go early.

##Vote: Zorblag

I am now voting hostile other.

LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 12:01 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

DrippingGoofball wrote:We can begin by lynching Troll.

Then we can vig Nico.

It's very simple, kids.

GET ON WITH THE BIZNIS
Meh... Phate is prob town, SC too. That list needs more RC.

@farside - I understand what you are saying. Do you at least get where I am coming from with my arguements?
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 12:57 pm

I didn't say Phate was scum, I listed his name as someone whose vote is unproductive. That's a list of people that need to change their votes and commit to the leaders in that 3-horse race we're having.

This kind of vote movement is especially informative to help catch scum in mid-game.

UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 12:59 pm

I beg to differ on farside22, but I can hop on an SK lynch. That needs to go early.
##MFoS: SC

How intriguing that you prefer an
SK
lynch to a scum lynch.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 1:02 pm

Post by Zorblag »

@Debonair Danny DiPietro, the main purpose of the plan is to demonstrate to the town that Fishythefish shouldn't be trusted to to act in the town's best interest. If we're not lynching him today then without something like that I don't see any reason to think that we'll be doing it later either and I don't think that we want to have someone who we know isn't town and hasn't been completely upfront with us around indefinitely.

@Fishythefish, it would surprise me a fair amount if scum roleblocked you over investigative roles; the mislynch you're talking about is too easy to find other places but being investigated in some way is something that scum certainly want to avoid. On the other hand, I do believe that you'd be worried about your competing factions roleblocking you if you thought there was any reason to think they might have that ability. You don't think that do you?

I've also got another theory as to why might prefer to be lynched and waste the town's action for a day. If you were surprised to learn that your action last night targeted RedCoyote it seems pretty safe to assume that you don't know who it targeted yourself. You also don't seem to want to target Gammagooey with anything tonight (or else you could target him with some other ability while your partner(s) took care of the transmission.) I'm wondering if you don't have one shot weak track that you don't learn anything about and then a one shot transmit to be used later to try to get that to someone else.

@LlamaFluff, at this point I'm pretty convinced that Chronopie isn't likely to be on the same faction as Fishythefish. I don't think that he'd focus in the way that he did; I'm not at all convinced that an other faction like the one it looks like we're working with can afford to bus like that if there are other options (which there should be.) I also don't think that he was just taking a guess that Fishythefish was other as the claim he's made since would be too dangerous to try to keep faking on his own. He could be getting the information from someone else in a quick topic which would explain the delay but that seems overly complicated to be worth doing and the window is pretty small for that to have happened given the timing of the posts at the start of the day. At this point I do believe that he's probably telling the truth about the town/not-town cop ability.

I'm not convinced that it particularly means that he needs to be town though. I'm not at all sure that scum wouldn't want to reveal that information at the time he did (again, there weren't a lot of kills night one so scum would probably have reason to show that they're helping the town by sharing when he did as they shouldn't be overly concerned about it leading to a night kill from an other group and would be more interested in having their day game get the cred.) I can also think of some other win conditions where it might be helpful though there is a bit more danger there.

He certainly could be town; it's the most likely way for this to play out as of now I think. On the other hand, I don't feel at all bad about having asked about the details of his claim. I'm not just going to blindly accept what people say; this is a game of mafia after all.

@Ellibereth, I recall being unhappy with how your hammered because of claim related issues and I recall being unhappy with how SFG told everyone exactly what she was expecting them to do when she made her claim in LyLo but I don't recall us particularly disagreeing.

@Jack, DrippingGoofball might expect me to talk my way out of a lynch today. Why would you expect that of me? I did get a chance to look at d3x; he strikes me as unhelpful more than anything else and a good part of that is probably just his overall style (of which I've seen a bit previously.) He'd be a decent lynch but I'd prefer Nicodeum or popsofctown less and would say that Shotty to the Body is at about the same level.

@StrangerCoug, out of curiosity, what was it about the posts that DrippingGoofball linked that convinced you that I'm a hostile other and that I'm a better lynch than, say Nicodemus today? It seems that you agree with her that I'm not mafia. Was it the part where she accused me of ignoring her analysis just after I'd made a post saying I'd be giving a defense shortly? Was it the part where she tried to use my not denying that I'm a Serial Killer as a point against me right after I'd explained why it was I picked town for my alignment? Is it that you agree with her that I've been coasting and fake scum hunting all game?

@DrippingGoofball, I'm still trying to figure out why it is that you're kitchen sinking me here. I've seen you after me before (in Tofu Mafia but there you were doing more to try to figure things out; you wavered at times. Here your latching onto anything that might be used to attack me. The idea that I think there are too many power roles is an example (I was pretty clearly saying that we've got a lot of investigative role claims out already and that we probably shouldn't assume that they're all town) as well as all the things that I asked StrangerCoug about. Your choice of terms clearly shows that you do keep in mind the conversations that we've had in the past (curmudgeonly, drunk on the cider, etc.) but you're sticking hard to a read of my play that isn't likely, doesn't really fit the pattern of kills we've had and which simply isn't true in this case. I find it puzzling.

@Gammagooey, just to confirm here, the main source of your gut hate of me just now is that I helped get a wagon started on Phate and then was dissapointed when it faded away sooner than I thought that it should but that I didn't follow up on the voters who left it? I sort of think that your experience with me in Mafia Reverberation might be leaving you with an inherently distrustful take on me that could be coloring your opinion. Do you think that's at all likely to be the case?

@everyone, if we're not interested in lynching Fishythefish today then I could probably get behind lynching Nicodemus. The timing and strength of the reaction to Chronopie's "Fishythefish isn't town" does look pretty bad and in general he hasn't been doing anything that makes me think he's trying to help the town. I sort of think that people should be complaining at least as much about Shotty to the Body as they are about farside22 at this point. His stance seems pretty similar, he's just been less around. Actually less around is a great description of him in general. I'm also pretty much of the opinion that in addition to the rest of the complaints I've leveled against him till now I'm ready to add coasting and fake scum-hunting to what I dislike about popsofctown. It's something that DrippingGoofball says that I've been doing but I think that popsofctown is a much better example of it.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 1:02 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

DrippingGoofball wrote:I didn't say Phate was scum, I listed his name as someone whose vote is unproductive. That's a list of people that need to change their votes and commit to the leaders in that 3-horse race we're having.

This kind of vote movement is especially informative to help catch scum in mid-game.
I agree with that, I thought you were calling that whole list scum so was kind of worried about what was going on with your reads.

@UK - SK lynch is better than scum lynch, unless its lylo, which it isnt. That and SC is probably town.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 1:19 pm

@llama: Why again? He's already done a few more likely to be scum motivated things.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2010 1:24 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

Zorblag wrote:@Fishythefish, it would surprise me a fair amount if scum roleblocked you over investigative roles; the mislynch you're talking about is too easy to find other places but being investigated in some way is something that scum certainly want to avoid. On the other hand, I do believe that you'd be worried about your competing factions roleblocking you if you thought there was any reason to think they might have that ability. You don't think that do you?

I've also got another theory as to why might prefer to be lynched and waste the town's action for a day. If you were surprised to learn that your action last night targeted RedCoyote it seems pretty safe to assume that you don't know who it targeted yourself. You also don't seem to want to target Gammagooey with anything tonight (or else you could target him with some other ability while your partner(s) took care of the transmission.) I'm wondering if you don't have one shot weak track that you don't learn anything about and then a one shot transmit to be used later to try to get that to someone else.
I have no reason to believe that other factions have a roleblock. The possibility (maybe 1 in 3, say?) is enough to make it too big a risk, even if I thought the scum would never roleblock me. Getting the track right is worth a lot to me.

I was surprised to learn I targeted RC precisely because I know who I meant to target. I'm a bit confused by the last sentence - are you saying you think I have already performed my track, and have a transmit to perform later? If so, why do you think I am lying about it?

I've explained why I will not target Gamma with the one shot track. There may be other things I could target him with. If there are, I am not prepared to do so. All I will say is this - all my night abilites score points, and it is important whether I target town, scum, other or get roleblocked while using them.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”