Mini 950: DCI Mafia (The Results Are In...)

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 9:54 am

Post by Slaxx »

Oh and Nacho, your up. PoE of course.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 3:29 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I'm from the Blue Stars. We're a Class II who recently got promoted to Class I.

And since me, Slaxx, and Nico are the only people who haven't claimed roles, we might as well popcorn massclaim, huh?

Go Slaxx.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 3:52 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Ah, sounds grand, yes.

WELL. If my name doesn't say it all, I am cop. I am named for my police force in my city. Since I am a band and not an actual cop, my sanity isn't guaranteed. When I saw the tracker flip, I thought I would have a catch, but I didn't. I am a normal cop, surprisingly.

I investigated Starbuck n1. I got an innocent. I was okay with lynching her after I saw the tracker flipped, because my flavor suggested I was probably naive. When Nik claimed miller I had second thoughts, obviously, because there is no point in a miller for a naive cop. So I went ahead and went with the Nik wagon, first of all because I thought nik had a chance at being scum, but second because I really wanted to see if there was a miller. Its pretty evident that I had a change of heart about Starbuck near the end of the day.

n2 I investigates Parama. I got a guilty. Poor guy wasn't even cop immune.

I will go back and find some bread crumbs, I know I did a little bit.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 3:58 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Slaxx ISO 62 wrote:This game along with everything else is
making me question my sanity.

I still have to reread two games bleh.
My sanity breadcrumb.

Slaxx wrote:You guys are freaking idiots. A mass claim on day 2. Lmfao. LMFAO.
Me getting extremely pissed about mass claim already.
Slaxx ISO 97 wrote:...Facepalm.

I am not lynching Starbuck, so Nikanor it is.

vpte Nikanor
After Nik claims miller.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 4:01 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Nicodemus can go next, if he is so obliged.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2010 3:41 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

kunkstar7 wrote:
Stephoscope wrote: I'm not sure I'm a fan, as I understand that strategy, but it makes more sense if you aren't sure who the scum is. Regardless, I'll move on.
Why are you so certain that CMAR is scum? I have yet to see
today
a reasonable explanation
from you
other than "he is scum." If you would kindly recap.
Why do you highlight the word "today"? If I said it yesterday, why wouldn't it still apply?

In fact, it applies more so now that Nikanor flipped town. CMAR's attack on him seemed very much like what I would do if I were scum. Call it gut feel or whatever you want, but sometimes you just know scum when you see it.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2010 4:15 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Stephoscope wrote:
kunkstar7 wrote:
Stephoscope wrote: I'm not sure I'm a fan, as I understand that strategy, but it makes more sense if you aren't sure who the scum is. Regardless, I'll move on.
Why are you so certain that CMAR is scum? I have yet to see
today
a reasonable explanation
from you
other than "he is scum." If you would kindly recap.
Why do you highlight the word "today"? If I said it yesterday, why wouldn't it still apply?

In fact, it applies more so now that Nikanor flipped town. CMAR's attack on him seemed very much like what I would do if I were scum. Call it gut feel or whatever you want, but sometimes you just know scum when you see it.
Due to the fact that you may have stated it yesterday and I haven't read the past gamedays in a bit, therefore I would have missed it.

Actually, I just did a quick iso on you and I find your points on CMAR quite weak. Reasons I found from you that CMAR is scum:
Steph wrote:His predecessor was scummy. His case on Nikanor admittedly makes some sense, but my gut is telling me I shouldn't trust it.
The Nikanor case makes sense but you shouldn't trust it?
Also the explanation for scummy predeccessor is bad considering what I've seen of muh before.
Steph wrote:Riiight. You couldn't be bothered to check, you know, where townie PMs are normally posted.

CMAR IS SCUM
I still don't see how you believe this is a scum move. He claimed and even provided some flavor that went along with his claim, something that is not in the provided pm.

Wow, how are you even pushing that lynch on these reasons?
Welcome to the Network.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2010 4:31 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Although Stephen's case is bad, CMAR isn't doing much to defend himself. Kunk should back off for a while, as should the rest of the town, and let CMAR defend himself, or incriminate himself. His choice. Also, I thought we agreed that discussion should be held until after the mass claim.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2010 5:53 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

It's pretty incredible how low my internet access slips when my laptop is no longer a foot away from the place I sleep.

VT here, Nacho goes next.
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2010 6:34 pm

Post by Slaxx »

And then discussion resumes, I presume? I can't wait to sink my teeth into this game.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 10:58 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

VT here. And yeah, discussion should resume...now.

Steph, why aren't you voting CMAR?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 5:19 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

kunkstar7 wrote:Wow, how are you even pushing that lynch on these reasons?
Did you miss how CMAR claimed that typing out a PM word for word is somehow permissible, but using the copy/paste function is not?

Nachomamma: Good question.

Vote: CryMeARiver
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 5:23 pm

Post by Slaxx »

I thought we were no lynching for possible mylo. Although it does take four to lynch, right?

I would be wary about voting...Scum could blitz if two townies are on a townies wagon.

Anyway expect a fairly detailed write up on my thoughts by the end of the week. Please hold off voting for now.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 5:27 pm

Post by Slaxx »

So the setup now looks like:

1 Serial Killer
1 Cop
1 Tracker
1 Doctor (Assuming kunk's claim is legit)
2 Mafiosos who may or may not have additional night actions
1 Miller
5 Vanilla Townies.

This seems about right. I think kunk's doc claim is legit. Does anyone disagree with this?
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 9:26 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Stephoscope wrote:
kunkstar7 wrote:Wow, how are you even pushing that lynch on these reasons?
Did you miss how CMAR claimed that typing out a PM word for word is somehow permissible, but using the copy/paste function is not?

Nachomamma: Good question.

Vote: CryMeARiver
I'm pretty sure I never said this (can't say for sure because I am on vacation with a phone and can't check). If memory holds, I never said anything about typing a PM WORD FOR WORD because I am positive that I did NOTHING of the sort. I paraphrased.
Slaxx wrote:Although Stephen's case is bad, CMAR isn't doing much to defend himself. Kunk should back off for a while, as should the rest of the town, and let CMAR defend himself, or incriminate himself. His choice. Also, I thought we agreed that discussion should be held until after the mass claim.
His case has included:
A gut feeling
False info (something about the info I posted about my PM already being in the sample PM's)
My predecessor (If anyone has played with muh, they would know that that's ridiculous)

How would you propose I defend myself against that? (In case anyone is wondering, I am not fishing for how to defend myself. It's sarcasm in case you are stupid enough to think I am scum fishing.)
Steth wrote:CMAR's attack on him seemed very much like what I would do if I were scum.
This made me laugh. So if you were scum, you would genuinely scumhunt and put forth cases on people? Because that's how I read it.
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 10:01 am

Post by Slaxx »

So then CMAR, do you think Steph is scum?
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 10:07 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Slaxx wrote:So then CMAR, do you think Steph is scum?
Based off that, not at all. It could be scummy, but it's very null to me. It's null because he could very easily just be town trying to scumhunt.
I'd have to read him and his partner in ISO to see if he's scummy overall. But right now, that's kind of difficult for me to do. I'm going to try to get a list of everyone's claims organized.
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

pee on you" - Chesskid

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 10:25 am

Post by Slaxx »

Its pretty easy. I am cop, Kunk is supposed doc, everyone else is VT. Tracker and Miller are dead, so is Serial killer.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 10:30 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Slaxx wrote:Its pretty easy. I am cop, Kunk is supposed doc, everyone else is VT. Tracker and Miller are dead, so is Serial killer.
Regiments? Thanks.
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 10:42 am

Post by Nicodemus »

Slaxx wrote:This seems about right. I think kunk's doc claim is legit. Does anyone disagree with this?
I do. Wifom aside, why would the mafia choose to leave the doc alive for the night if kunk really is the doc? It would just increase the chances of them trying to kill the person that kunk protected. Kunk is my biggest suspicion now just because he's still alive when it's fairly obvious that he shouldn't be.
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 10:45 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Nicodemus wrote:
Slaxx wrote:This seems about right. I think kunk's doc claim is legit. Does anyone disagree with this?
I do. Wifom aside, why would the mafia choose to leave the doc alive for the night if kunk really is the doc? It would just increase the chances of them trying to kill the person that kunk protected. Kunk is my biggest suspicion now just because he's still alive when it's fairly obvious that he shouldn't be.
Yes, this is a very good point. But it could also be that they were trying to create for a mislynch, so it's a little WIFOMish, but I largely agree with you.
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 10:47 am

Post by Slaxx »

Indeed, I think i expressed that earlier. But to me a tracker and cop and a miller vs 2 mafia and a serial killer seems a little unbalanced, but I don't have much experience with setups so maybe not. I still think it is legitimate though, despite them not killing him. Maybe they found out Parama was SK n1 via a rolecop and wanted to take him out, or maybe they thought Parama was just more threatening. Either way its WIFOM, but I think the claim is legit for now.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 10:50 am

Post by Slaxx »

CMAR is doing some serious fence sitting IMO. I guess I will get my ISOs up tomorrow...I have an event to attend in the evening so expect to see it up midafternoon.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 10:55 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Slaxx wrote:CMAR is doing some serious fence sitting IMO. I guess I will get my ISOs up tomorrow...I have an event to attend in the evening so expect to see it up midafternoon.
That would be because I don't know anything for sure?
This is what I have in my opinion: Nico and Steth are scum with a small chance of Kunk being scum. I am clear to me, your breadcrumbs seem certain enough unless you have been planing this for a while, Nacho seems very protown to me. But first, I would like to check something.
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 11:07 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

kunkstar7 wrote:Alright, I guess I'm claiming now to help this lynch out if deadline is today. I'm Santa Clara Vanguard, a doctor. I protected Nacho Night 1 as he seemed the towniest through Day 1.

Parama's bribing Starbuck and Slaxx with town cred is horrible, as is Nico's out of nowhere vote.
Your protection doesn't have a flavor name does it? (This question is only posed to Kunk)
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”