Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 2:54 pm

Post by yawetag »

The deaths of
Mr.Sandman
and
mavsfan41
had cast shadows on the day. Accusations began, leading to back-and-forth remarks. It's obvious the tempers in the room changed overnight.

Day 2 - Vote Count #1

Current as of
Post #224

chnorek
- 1 (farside22)

Not Voting:
chnorek, Cirno, wolframnhart, SensFan, Vel-Rahn Koon

With
alive, it takes
4 votes
to kill a contestant.

Current Phase:
Day 2
Deadline:
May 13, 2010 at 11:59pm Central (-0600) Time
"In wartime, truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies." --Winston Churchill
"The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all." --John F. Kennedy

Typically only on during the evenings.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 3:28 am

Post by wolframnhart »

if we are going to do the hypo claim again let's get the rest going, this game is stalling badly.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 4:23 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

I'm back! I am going to hypoclaim Sensfan.

So far we have the following hypoclaims:

[mrow]"Cop"[col]Investigates farside[col]Cirno wolf[col]VRK SensFan[col]wolf VRK[col]SensFan chnorek[col]??? Cirno[col]???

I'd be interested in hearing chnorek's hypoclaim before we go any further, TBH. And I really agree with farside's sentiment expressed in 249. I don't know if I think that Sens' helpfulness during Day 1 is honest or not. And he was a bit quick from what I saw to want to move the day along on Day 1. If Cirno, Sens and I are alive tomorrow in LyLo I'm going to have a hell of a time deciding who to vote for.

Those are the only two out of the remaining players I'd consider as scum right now. I think farside is Town, as well as wolf. Both based on their forthright play so far. But I've not actually played a game with any of the latter 3 players, and only 1 game with Cirno. Her playstyle this game is very different from the last game, although that could be due to the mechanics of this game.

So chnorek, would you choose Cirno or farside to investigate, and why?
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 5:14 am

Post by wolframnhart »

@VRK
VRK wrote: If Cirno, Sens and I are alive tomorrow in LyLo I'm going to have a hell of a time deciding who to vote for.
Why would you assume that you three would be the possible people in tomorrow?
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 6:05 am

Post by SensFan »

VRK is making absolutely no sense here.

If he is Town:
1) He thinks I am possibly/likely Scum, and yet is choosing to hypoclaim me
2) He's broadcasting to the world to leave Cirno/Me alive tonight, regardless of who the last Scum is
3) He's still talking to chronek like there's any chance at all chronek isn't Scum, and won't be lynched today
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 6:21 am

Post by farside22 »

SensFan wrote:VRK is making absolutely no sense here.

If he is Town:
1) He thinks I am possibly/likely Scum, and yet is choosing to hypoclaim me
2) He's broadcasting to the world to leave Cirno/Me alive tonight, regardless of who the last Scum is
3) He's still talking to chronek like there's any chance at all chronek isn't Scum, and won't be lynched today
1) I see cirno as scummy and hypoclaimed him as a target why is it scummy to VRK and not me?
2) there's one scum left (I believe chro is scum so theory for tonight one scum left) why broadcast?
3) I agree with.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 6:25 am

Post by SensFan »

Why would you hypocop someone you think is Scum? There's a reason I picked wolf this time: I think he's almost certainly Town, and I don't want to die. A Weak Cop who dies only gives us information if there is also a Townie that died. If no one else dies, we get no real info; if 2 WCs die, it only narrows it down to 2 people. If a WC survives, that's a confirmed innocent, which becomes very strong tomorrow.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 6:46 am

Post by farside22 »

SensFan wrote:Why would you hypocop someone you think is Scum? There's a reason I picked wolf this time: I think he's almost certainly Town, and I don't want to die. A Weak Cop who dies only gives us information if there is also a Townie that died. If no one else dies, we get no real info; if 2 WCs die, it only narrows it down to 2 people. If a WC survives, that's a confirmed innocent, which becomes very strong tomorrow.
My thought process on this. 6 players left. 2 scum.
Today we lynch most assurely scum. That means 1 scum 4 town. Scum kills vt, cop investigates scum.
Town wins with 2 town and 1 scum. GG
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 8:26 am

Post by SensFan »

That's only if:
1) The Scum kill a VT
2) A WC investigates Scum
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 8:34 am

Post by farside22 »

SensFan wrote:That's only if:
1) The Scum kill a VT
2) A WC investigates Scum
1. true enough
2. true enough

Also there is the theory there may not be another weak cop in the game as well. It's all in keeping an open mind.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 8:38 am

Post by SensFan »

This I know, but the whole point of the hypocop is that everyone 'pretends' to be a Weak Cop. It gives the Scum
far
too much power if they know if they are actually being investigated or not.

Anyways, it was just one of three things I noted from VRK.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 9:01 am

Post by farside22 »

SensFan wrote:This I know, but the whole point of the hypocop is that everyone 'pretends' to be a Weak Cop. It gives the Scum
far
too much power if they know if they are actually being investigated or not.

Anyways, it was just one of three things I noted from VRK.

I'm more curious to see why he thought only 3 people would be alive tomorrow.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 9:08 am

Post by SensFan »

That's actually something I hadn't thought of - his stated scenario means he cannot be Town and have to decide. If only 3 people are left, 2 people died. That means a WC has died. To avoid the last Scum being obvious, 2 WC must have died. Therefore, farside and wolf both died overnight and were revealed as Weak Cops. This means either VRK or Cirno is Scum.

Now that you bring it to my attention, farside, I find it interesting that his proposed scenario involves me having to decide between him and Cirno, the latter of which I've been rather vocal against.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 10:52 am

Post by farside22 »

SensFan wrote:That's actually something I hadn't thought of - his stated scenario means he cannot be Town and have to decide. If only 3 people are left, 2 people died. That means a WC has died. To avoid the last Scum being obvious, 2 WC must have died. Therefore, farside and wolf both died overnight and were revealed as Weak Cops. This means either VRK or Cirno is Scum.

Now that you bring it to my attention, farside, I find it interesting that his proposed scenario involves me having to decide between him and Cirno, the latter of which I've been rather vocal against.
I'm leaning on VRK at this point based on his last post. Also my meta of Cirno leaves me to lean town. The WIFOM Cirno kills me because I had it in my head too but I go back and forth on the issue.
Sorry if this isn't clear I just see too many different things between cirno, VRK and yourself. I have been going round and round in my head on the possible scum partner. VRK seeming to believe there will only be 3 alive leaves a bad taste in my mouth more. It seems like a bit of inside knowelegde if one of myself or wolf were wc.
Cirno
Cirno
Mafia Scum
Cirno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 12:49 pm

Post by Cirno »

Nuff people say they know they can't believe
Vote: Chnorek

Jamaica we got a bobsled team.

Chnorek is going to be lynched, so there is no point in assigning me to investigate him. That leaves Farside.

I think I've got a grip on who my suspects are. SensFan looks a little better (less scummy). I'm ready for flips, nightkills and claims.
Everything you need to know about [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcA1wA8xW6o]Cirno[/url]
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

I'm fine with voting Chnorek, but i at least want to see if he will answer VRK at all (i doubt it but hey stranger things have happened).

chnorek
chnorek
Goon
chnorek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 7:37 pm

Post by chnorek »

VRK wrote:So chnorek, would you choose Cirno or farside to investigate, and why?
i would choose farside to confirm if he is scum or town. and yes, i just claimed.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 11:24 pm

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Real quick before I go to work:

I don't believe the claim at all. It's far too late in the day and there's no way, if chnorek is a cop. that mav would have died last night. If mav was the only death last night the claim is possible. But we had a VT flip last night. The only way a VT flips at night is due to a scum kill. That means that mav HAD to have investigated scum. The only other explanation is that the Mafia get one kill for each scum member.

Mod: Do the scum get a kill for each living member, or are the rules for Mafia night kills normal in this game?

That will clear up any possible doubts.

@Cirno: how has Sensfan suddenly dropped on your radar? I've only done a quick skim so far since I posted yesterday, but you had a pretty comprehensive scum list. What caused Sens to drop down suddenly?

I'm not ready to end the day yet guys. Please relax a bit with the votes.

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 11:38 pm

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

To answer the 3 people left scenario:

It doesn't matter who the 4th is. If it's either me, sens, cirno, and wolf -or- me, sens, cirno, and farside has no bearing. I stated in that post that wolf and farside are almost assuredly town, so either one of them being alive will not affect my personal issues deciding between sens or cirno. I'm ignoring the possibility of there being more discussion for tomorrow. It was just something I saw and mentioned it. Broadcast = bad, yes, so sorry for that.

farside, how can you be so adamant against Cirno for most of the day today but now you're suddenly seeing Town-Cirno in meta reads?

@Sens: not sure if you're scum or not. It may be possible and it's something I've had in my head since you started organizing the town on Day 1. It seemed too helpful. I know that's walking the Too Townie line, but that's what I have. I'm much more convinced of a Cirno pairing with Chnorek. There's just enough doubt that I wanted to express it for completeness sake. It's what prompted me to ask farside, wolf, and Cirno what they thought of you.

And in your stated scenario with two people dying tonight, that will mean that we either lose a WC and a Townie, or we lose 2 WCs. Either way, one of the 2 WCs investigated scum. The one VT, 1 WC is a no brainer, auto win for town. It should be a straigtforward matter tomorrow, based on interactions from today, to decide in the case of 2 WCs dying.

SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 11:45 pm

Post by SensFan »

chronek; who is your buddy?
yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 12:40 am

Post by yawetag »

Vel-Rahn Koon wrote:
Mod: Do the scum get a kill for each living member, or are the rules for Mafia night kills normal in this game?
From the Mafia Goon PM: "Each night, your faction may attempt to kill another player in the game by PMing me your target."

The scum gets one kill for the group.
"In wartime, truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies." --Winston Churchill
"The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all." --John F. Kennedy

Typically only on during the evenings.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 2:34 am

Post by farside22 »

I tend to fight more with Cirno when she is town. I'm going back and forth because she is being logical which I noted when she was scum that she was far more logical so it's fence again.

VRK: Why would you ask chnorek to hypoclaim before Cirno considering he would be lynched?

I don't believe chnorek
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 3:09 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

farside22 wrote:I tend to fight more with Cirno when she is town. I'm going back and forth because she is being logical which I noted when she was scum that she was far more logical so it's fence again.

VRK: Why would you ask chnorek to hypoclaim before Cirno considering he would be lynched?

I don't believe chnorek
He's 99.9% guaranteed scum (unless mavsfan didn't investigate who he was supposed to) and I was curious what the "known" scum would say. BUT, Cirno basically overrode my question with her post 264. Looks a lot to me like a buddy trying to keep her scum partner from saying anything he shouldn't. Another point against her. Now she wants to go ahead and hurry up and end the day.

I'm really trying hard not to tunnel on Cirno considering what happened last game we were in together (and I've started to realize that I have a very bad habit of tunneling in general), but her behavior is not pro-Town. My only other possible suspect right now is SensFan. farside's understanding about how badly wolf asking for a no lynch would look, and not blasting him for it, then mentioning it to everyone, says Town to me. Wolf's entire behavior this game has been Town. That only leaves Sens and Cirno.

@Cirno: Please don't forget to answer my question in 267.

@Chnorek: why do you think farside would turn up Town?

@Sens: you didn't answer farside's point 1) in post 255.

[mrow]"Cop"[col]Investigates farside[col]Cirno wolf[col]VRK SensFan[col]wolf VRK[col]SensFan Cirno[col]farside
chnorek
[col]
???

SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 6:09 am

Post by SensFan »

Vel-Rahn Koon wrote:@Sens: you didn't answer farside's point 1) in post 255.
SensFan in 256 wrote:Why would you hypocop someone you think is Scum? There's a reason I picked wolf this time: I think he's almost certainly Town, and I don't want to die. A Weak Cop who dies only gives us information if there is also a Townie that died. If no one else dies, we get no real info; if 2 WCs die, it only narrows it down to 2 people. If a WC survives, that's a confirmed innocent, which becomes very strong tomorrow.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 7:19 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

farside22 wrote:1) I see cirno as scummy and hypoclaimed him as a target
why is it scummy to VRK and not me?

Return to “Completed Open Games”