Míriel Therindë
Townie
Míriel Therindë
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:23 pm

Post by M├¡riel Therind├½ »

Deadline Announcement:
Deadline will be Friday April 30th at 8:27 PM. I may not be around to lock the thread.

Vote Count 3 - 16: Lynch

Steam-Powered Shovel -
- Jack, SpyreX, MehPlusRawr, Cobalt, Papa Zito, SocioPath, farside22
xvart - 3 - Iecerint, Kmd4390, Anon
Iecerint - 2 - Cyberbob, Starbuck
Jack - 1 - Steam-Powered Shovel
Kmd4390 - 1 - curiouskarmadog
Budja - 1 - xvart
curiousjarmadog - 1 - Budja

Not Voting (2): SensFan, ooba

With 18 players alive it'll take 10 to lynch and 9 to no-Lynch.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by Budja »

xvart wrote:
Budja wrote:SPS is a fair lynch but... not uniquely. I can name many players (e.g. Sens, Anon, KMD) who also suck on the content front.
Was his lynch more unique when you were voting for him on D1?
Well, there were less lurkers, so it was more unique in that sense. But largely, it was the best wagon and I didn't much like the players pushing the xofelf wagon IIRC.
The biggest case on him is his lack of attack.
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:07 pm

Post by MehPlusRawr »

I'm going to be V/LA from sometime Friday to sometime Sunday, sorry.
I think I'm back. Mafiascum just became 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat.
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:15 pm

Post by Anon »

Unvote Vote: SPS.

Claim time.

Will likely post a xvartscum case in 1-2 hours so I can get a viable wagon in case SPS gives a verifiable claim. Somehow I doubt it though.
Stats: W/L/D

Town: 7/3/0
Mafia: 4/2/0
Other: 0/2/0
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:19 pm

Post by MehPlusRawr »

Anon, do you have any reason to vote SPS or are you just rolefishing?
I think I'm back. Mafiascum just became 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat.
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:28 pm

Post by Anon »

Basically not doing anything remarkably protown, being on my scummy spectrum since day 1, rethoric.questions.for.the.lose,
Anon wrote:ohhaiguise

Finally I have some stability in my internetzz and yeah I know I owe all of you a fat post with catchup, answers and questions and stuff like that but I decided Id take the more direct way of pure scumhuntng with one of the patented if I were a x-shot vig, Id kill... with x=4.

So yeah
3. Kmd4390
6. Steam-Powered Shovel
7. MehPlusRawr
11. xvart
19. Budja
and trying to get the best lynch before tomorrow's deadline. Not my preferred lynch but still likely to hit.

Just isolated you once again and wtf, dude. In one paragraph and before your "official V/LA", who do you think is scum, why, and what is your opinion of SPS?
Stats: W/L/D

Town: 7/3/0
Mafia: 4/2/0
Other: 0/2/0
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:38 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Is SF V/LA or something? He hasn't posted since his "catching up now" post on April 21st.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:02 pm

Post by xvart »

Iecerint wrote:I don't understand your next question. IIRC, I thought the scummiest/most opportunistic Jack voters were CKD and SPS. (I think I thought CKD was particularly bad because he joined Jackwagon while supporting sketchyCB once people were saying they found CB town. SPS was due to relatively poor reasoning for the switch + lackluster play elsewhere.)
What I was getting at is the fact that you had already cast suspicion on SPS (in a FoS and saying his posts are scummy for a different, as of then, un-described reason) and then you say
IF
jack wagon scum exist it is either SPS or CKB. It appears to me that you you already suspect someone of being scum AND your secret towntell on Jack why the IF statement? Leaving a little wiggle room?
Iecerint wrote:(I think I thought CKD was particularly bad because he joined Jackwagon while supporting sketchyCB once people were saying they found CB town.
When did the CB wagon become sketchy?
SpyreX wrote:Xvart:

SPS: Scum, Town.

I want one simple word.
Leaning. Slightly. Scum. I find some of the people on his wagon much more scummy.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:07 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Reason for the "if" statement is in like the very next sentence from the same paragraph you quoted from. I thought Jack had done something deserving a vote, so I wasn't going to bend over backwards attacking players who voted him for it.

CBwagon was never sketchy. CBplayer was sketchy. CKD was like "Vote: Jack. CB is town." just after some other people had done something similar.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:15 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Can we stop with the witty little contractions? "The Cyberbob wagon" and "Cyberbob as a player" will do fine, thanks.

I'm really disappointed that so many people are buying into the SPS "case", I would lay money on there being a good chunk of scum in that wagon. Nobody bar a few players have questioned it at all (let alone looking at the circumstances in which a lot of the votes on it were made); it's quite simply as easy a wagon as it gets.
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:01 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I was getting wagonned because I was bandwagonning, which is my standard play. The paragon comment was meant to explain that I wasn't thinking "Why are people wagonning me? I haven't done anything wrong." since I was well aware that I hadn't contributed enough content. Did you bother to read your own quote here and the sentences preceding this one in my answer? The only way the accusation you're making here makes any sort of sense is if you just grabbed that one sentence out of context.
Actually, at least from me early on it wasn't because you were "bandwagoning". It was because you were actively calling for the Sens wagon for ??? and calling the els wagon "dumb".
You're being ridiculous. The less words you use, the less information you can convey.
Succintness is pro-town.

Especially in regards to someone who really seems to be playing doublespeak in regards to this wagon.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:17 pm

Post by xvart »

SpyreX wrote:Especially in regards to someone who really seems to be playing doublespeak in regards to this wagon.
Is it so hard to imagine that ScumA is trying to string up ScumB in this situation? That's what I'm trying to figure out. The wagon is weak, but not completely unfounded. I'd rather put the fire under some of the people that have been advocating it as
the
wagon now since it very well could be scum on scum wagon.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:32 pm

Post by SpyreX »

If you think its scumA stringing up scumB then help them along.

The only situation sniping a wagon -really- makes sense is if you think the player being wagoned is town.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:43 am

Post by Steam-Powered Shovel »

SpyreX wrote:Actually, at least from me early on it wasn't because you were "bandwagoning". It was because you were actively calling for the Sens wagon for ??? and calling the els wagon "dumb".
The elswagon was dumb and yes, the Senswagon wasn't really based on nothing.
SpyreX wrote:Succintness is pro-town.
To some extent, sure. Forcing him to use one word when it was already clear from his post that his position wouldn't fit neatly into either box is just being ridiculous though.
SpyreX wrote:Especially in regards to someone who really seems to be playing doublespeak in regards to this wagon.
I thought his stance was pretty clear.

Claim:
I am Mandos of the race of Valar. I'm a Governor whose power is limited to the Revive/Destroy votes.
The great advantage of the tiger in unarmed combat is that he eats not only the raspberry-laden foe but also the raspberries.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:29 am

Post by ooba »

Steam-Powered Shovel wrote:
Claim:
I am Mandos of the race of Valar. I'm a Governor whose power is limited to the Revive/Destroy votes.
Hmmm... Off to the wiki ..
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:52 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Steam-Powered Shovel wrote:
Claim:
so essentially you are vanilla right?
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:00 am

In terms of useful pro-town abilities, yes.

In terms of having an ability that's too powerful for scum (hello no-reveal game!), no.
The great advantage of the tiger in unarmed combat is that he eats not only the raspberry-laden foe but also the raspberries.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:11 am

Post by farside22 »

Steam-Powered Shovel wrote: In terms of having an ability that's too powerful for scum (hello no-reveal game!), no.
How so?
mod wrote:1. Every character is assigned a race. When an Elf dies, he/she does not flip role or alignment but is moved to the Halls of Mandos, which functions as a pool of resurrectable players who cannot post, vote, use abilities, or participate in the game while they are there. On any Day when at least one players is in the Halls of Mandos the live players may vote to Revive a player there (bring them back into the game, allowing them to post, vote, and use abilities again) and may additionally vote to Destroy a player there, which will permanently remove that player from the game and cause them to flip role and alignment. Up to one player may be Revived and one Destroyed each game Day. Voting is the same as Lynch voting. Once a majority to do either is reached, that choice is locked in until the lynch. After the lynch, no votes for either Revive or Destroy will have any effect. Characters of any other races will move Beyond the Circles of the World (and for you flavor nitpickers, the Void isn't within the Circles of the World, now, is it?), and flip role, race, and alignment. There may or may not be exceptions to these conventions.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:11 am

why dont I feel like you answered the question, does your role say vanilla at all?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:19 am

No, my role doesn't say vanilla. Why would it? I have a power.

Farside, I could veto the Destroy-thing each Day, thereby substantially reducing the number of reveals.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:36 am

how do you do it?

when do you do it?

how is that a protown ability?

also, I have only played with a governer once...the role worked differently...with lynches, not reveals (set up was different though)
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:54 am

If I want to prevent a Revive or Destroy from taking place, I have to send a PM to Miriel prior to the Day ending.
ckd wrote:how is that a protown ability?
You could ask the same question about a regular governor. It's just an ability mods hand out.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:59 am

Post by ooba »

wiki wrote:Grieving for Beren, Lúthien died too and came to the halls of Mandos. There she sang of her ill fate, that she would never again see Beren, who as a mortal Man had passed out of the world. Thereby Mandos was moved to pity. He restored Beren and Lúthien to life and granted mortality to the Elf.
Your ability is unlimited? i.e you can do it for revive and destroy every day? Do you have to separately choose for each? Or do both revives and destroys get canceled?
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:03 am

I can't prevent both, but I can do it each day.

And I assume that if Beren returning to life is in the game, it'll be part of Beren's role, not mine. (Possibly Beren's Silmaril ability.)
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:31 am

Post by ooba »

Your ability seems too powerful. I think most governors are one-shot or limited; not very sure though. Anyone had previous experience with governors in their games?
Anon wrote:Will likely post a xvartscum case in 1-2 hours so I can get a viable wagon in case SPS gives a verifiable claim. Somehow I doubt it though.

Just noticed this - Anon says you might come up with a "verifiable" claim - and thats what you do. (Proof of ability!=Proof of alignment).

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”