Mini 950: DCI Mafia (The Results Are In...)

Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:49 am

Post by Starbuck »

I haven't tunneled Parama for the entire game. My vote is on the person I suspect most. I also have other suspects, which include yourself.

But you would never mention that...

No.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:51 am

Post by Parama »

Slaxx wrote:@Parama, directing a vig kill is scummy. If anything town will come to a consensus on it. Not like if there is a vig they have to follow it anyway, but I think thats the best move for us.
The problem is that a Starbuck lynch won't get us much information, especially from the quality of the other reasons for being on the wagon. A kunk or CMAR lynch would get us somewhere, and both have been scummy enough for me to be willing to lynch them.

And Starbuck, hate to break it to you but yes you have been tunneling on me all game.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:55 am

Post by Slaxx »

So why arent you expressing suspicion? Give me some examples of non Parama tunneling posts that consisted of scumhunting.

Parama, I would much rather a kunk lynch.Kunk hasnt done jack squat scumhunting if I recall (I can ISO later) and has only really been active when FoSed. CMAR has hardcore lurked but at least offered up a decent case on Nik.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:59 am

Post by Slaxx »

Hm, kunk HAS done some stuff as of late. I'll have to reread the thread later.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

Slaxx wrote:Do you think it could be a bus?
I think that this:
Nikanor wrote:I wouldn't be too unhappy with a Starbuck lynch. We need more people to weigh in on stuff, though.
You know what? I think what we really need is a quickly-built reckless bandwagon with next to no reasoning attached.
Unvote. Vote:Starbuck.

ALL ABOARD THE STARBUCK EXPRESS! ANYONE WHO HAMMERS GETS A FREE NICKEL!
and this:
Nikanor wrote:Actually, yeah. I agree with Slaxx here. We can lynch Starbuck the "Townie" now.
Unvote. Vote: Starbuck.
make it unlikely. I know that when I bus I like to either be the one driving the wagon or, if the lynch looks inevitable, I like to make sure I get on the wagon with original reasoning and a gung ho attitude. I want people to be able to recall instantly that I was one of the main reasons why scum was lynched, because it obviously distances me from them and gives me townie cred.

Nik isn't doing that at all with his votes. He's pushing the lynch for bad reasons in the first post, and then jumping on with your reasoning in the second. I'm not sure scum would bus like this, it just doesn't seem like it would be in their best interests to do so.

OK, I just typed all of that up, and then I thought about it some more and I realized that maybe it IS a bus. Maybe Starbuck claimed BECAUSE Nik voted for her, to allow others to vote her and then for her to flip scum, thus "clearing" those that were earliest on the wagon. It makes sense too with the Nik unvoting situation, because Nik probably wasn't expecting Starbuck to claim like that, so he unvoted because he was freaked out. Then, after you expressed your willingness to lynch because of the claim, Nik decided to jump back on.

So, I guess overall I'd say that I don't think it's a bus, but that it is definitely possible. I'd still much rather lynch Nik over Starbuck though, as Nik is scum in either of those situations.
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:39 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

I kinda think Starbuck is town. WIFOM alert, but I don't think that she would have made that silly roleclaim as scum.
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:40 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Parama wrote:Actually, new plan that makes everyone happy.
Lynch someone like CMAR or kunk, then have Starbuck get vigged tonight. Personally I think we can get more info out of a CMAR or kunk lynch than a Starbuck lynch, and both are nice and scummy anyways.
CMAR get that quote out of your sig

Vig: shoot Starbuck tonight

unvote, vote: kunkstar
This is backtracking to a certain degree(Its backtracking because you said you weren't changing your vote, then you proceed to change your vote and present a plan that leaves your target alive till night). In the previous post you state that Starbuck is the scummiest player at the moment but you are willing to let her go and lynch a lesser suspect because you believe there is a townvig? Some things wrong with this. One, you chose to leave the player you just called scummiest alive for night, and two, you base your decisions on an unproven belief of a vig. There are way too many possibilities in a closed setup for you to be willing to give up your scummiest lynch because you hope there's a town PR that'll kill them off for you. I could see asking a vig to kill your lesser suspect, but the way you stated your plan is bad in my opinion.

Regarding Starbuck's claim, the only problem I have with it is its emotional wording. I for one find the early part of the VT claim as more of a nulltell, considering I have done that myself. I still believe CMAR is a better lynch right now (He's been hiding too much, and I find Nik's side in their argument better), but Nico brings up some interesting stuff on Nikanor that I didn't consider. CMAR > Nikanor > Starbuck.
Welcome to the Network.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:41 pm

Post by Parama »

If your reason for thinking Starbuck is town is WIFOM, should you really be trusting it?

Regardless, Starbuck is a better vig target than lynch candidate at this point IMO.
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:44 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

kunkstar7 wrote:
Lynch someone like CMAR or kunk, then have Starbuck get vigged tonight. Personally I think we can get more info out of a CMAR or kunk lynch than a Starbuck lynch, and both are nice and scummy anyways.

This is backtracking to a certain degree(Its backtracking because you said you weren't changing your vote, then you proceed to change your vote and present a plan that leaves your target alive till night). In the previous post you state that Starbuck is the scummiest player at the moment but you are willing to let her go and lynch a lesser suspect because you believe there is a townvig? Some things wrong with this. One, you chose to leave the player you just called scummiest alive for night, and two, you base your decisions on an unproven belief of a vig. There are way too many possibilities in a closed setup for you to be willing to give up your scummiest lynch because you hope there's a town PR that'll kill them off for you. I could see asking a vig to kill your lesser suspect, but the way you stated your plan is bad in my opinion.

Regarding Starbuck's claim, the only problem I have with it is its emotional wording. I for one find the early part of the VT claim as more of a nulltell, considering I have done that myself. I still believe CMAR is a better lynch right now (He's been hiding too much, and I find Nik's side in their argument better), but Nico brings up some interesting stuff on Nikanor that I didn't consider. CMAR > Nikanor > Starbuck.
Screw this, I'm vanilla townie as well. I am the
Colts
. I originally had a Western theme, but I ran out of music to play and decided to diversify my music. I have no special abilities and when all other factions have left the game (or nothing can prevent it from happening, which idk how that can happen from a town perspective).
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:45 pm

Post by Parama »

kunkstar7 wrote:This is backtracking to a certain degree(Its backtracking because you said you weren't changing your vote, then you proceed to change your vote and present a plan that leaves your target alive till night). In the previous post you state that Starbuck is the scummiest player at the moment but you are willing to let her go and lynch a lesser suspect because you believe there is a townvig? Some things wrong with this. One, you chose to leave the player you just called scummiest alive for night, and two, you base your decisions on an unproven belief of a vig. There are way too many possibilities in a closed setup for you to be willing to give up your scummiest lynch because you hope there's a town PR that'll kill them off for you. I could see asking a vig to kill your lesser suspect, but the way you stated your plan is bad in my opinion.
Your assumption is that I suspect you less than I suspect Starbuck, something which I haven't explicitly stated. You were the first strong scum read in this game and definitely right up there with Starbuck. I believe you're scum. The reason why I'm voting you over Starbuck now is because Starbuck's claim makes for a better vig target, plus honestly there's more information to be gotten from you.
For starters, I now believe that if we lynch kunk and he flips scum then Starbuck is probably town. Because kunk is pushing for a Starbuck lynch even though he's never had much reason for it just to save himself.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:46 pm

Post by Parama »

STOP CLAIMING
UURRRRRGGGGHHHHH
MY LIFE IS HELL
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:52 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Parama wrote: Your assumption is that I suspect you less than I suspect Starbuck, something which I haven't explicitly stated. You were the first strong scum read in this game and definitely right up there with Starbuck. I believe you're scum. The reason why I'm voting you over Starbuck now is because Starbuck's claim makes for a better vig target, plus honestly there's more information to be gotten from you.
For starters, I now believe that if we lynch kunk and he flips scum then Starbuck is probably town. Because kunk is pushing for a Starbuck lynch even though he's never had much reason for it just to save himself.
Parama wrote:I'm not going to backtrack because on the odd chance that you aren't scum you're still the scummiest player here.
I'm not sure how you can get much more explicit than this...

Also I would like to know when I started pushing for a Starbuck lynch, if I recall correctly, I didn't understand the Starbuck lynch to begin with and have expressed at least two other players I wish to see lynched before her.
Welcome to the Network.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:54 pm

Post by Parama »

Your post implies that I should be voting Starbuck over you, which implies you want a Starbuck lynch because you want my vote to be on Starbuck and not you.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:56 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

CryMeARiver wrote:
kunkstar7 wrote:

Colts
. I originally had a Western theme, but I ran out of music to play and decided to diversify my music. I have no special abilities and when all other factions have left the game (or nothing can prevent it from happening, which idk how that can happen from a town perspective).
Why thank you for going into so much detail about a publicly-posted townie PM.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:57 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Parama wrote:If your reason for thinking Starbuck is town is WIFOM, should you really be trusting it?
Yes--there's WIFOM in everything but I have to go with my gut, even though it's sometimes wrong.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:00 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

Stephoscope wrote:
CryMeARiver wrote:
kunkstar7 wrote:

Colts
Why thank you for going into so much detail about a publicly-posted townie PM.
Publicly posted? Where?
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:04 pm

Post by Slaxx »

You guys are freaking idiots. A mass claim on day 2. Lmfao. LMFAO.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Parama wrote:Your post implies that I should be voting Starbuck over you, which implies you want a Starbuck lynch because you want my vote to be on Starbuck and not you.
My post was implying that following your stated logic you should be voting Starbuck because you stated her as scummiest, yet you turn around and propose a plan that leaves her alive based on, as I said, an unproven belief in a townvig. This has no bearing on who you are voting over Starbuck, you could have voted CMAR instead and the situation would have remained the same. This is more of "your logic is suspicious" rather than "vote starbuck" as you viewed it.

Also you reason for leaving Starbuck alive, because her role is a better vig target, why didn't you mention this in the proposed plan? She had claimed before you made these posts.
Welcome to the Network.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:09 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Lmfao. Okay, so I just ISOed steph and he has done next to nothing the whole day. He threw a little flak around but never really commited to anything behind a CMAR lynched based on the fact that what he says makes sense but his gut says otherwise.

So lets just say right now He and Nikanor are scum together. This is a possibility. Anyone have suggestions on scum 3 if this is the case?
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:10 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Slaxx wrote:You guys are freaking idiots. A mass claim on day 2. Lmfao. LMFAO.
Shamelessly stolen from Haylen in Mafia 103:

Claim: Double Voter Tree Stump Duck Fire Fighter Backup Flavor Cop.

Slaxx wrote:Lmfao. Okay, so I just ISOed steph and he has done next to nothing the whole day. He threw a little flak around but never really commited to anything behind a CMAR lynched based on the fact that what he says makes sense but his gut says otherwise.
What say you to Parama's earlier comment that Steph is town?
Welcome to the Network.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by Slaxx »

His ISO 86 unvote of Nikanor was interesting.
His Steph is town comment is also interesting.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:24 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

CryMeARiver wrote:Publicly posted? Where?
Riiight. You couldn't be bothered to check, you know, where townie PMs are normally posted.

CMAR IS SCUM
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by Slaxx »

lol.
this is facepalm worthy. how does that prove jack shit?
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Slaxx wrote:lol.
this is facepalm worthy. how does that prove jack shit?
I'm already voting for him, genius, but come on. Playing dumb about where the vanilla PM is?
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by Slaxx »

I'll let him explain, but I think I see what happened.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”