Mini 954 ~ Mafia at the 11th Hour (Game Over!)

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:12 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count X:
- The Sound of Silence
Nikanor (L-2) ~ dramonic, d3x, VP Baltar, Jahudo,
Gammagooey
, Pomegranate

Porkens (L-5) ~ Seraphim, Percy
Seraphim (L-5) ~ Nikanor, Gammagooey
dramonic (L-6) ~ Porkens,
Pomegranate

TonyMontana (L-6) ~ Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro (L-6) ~ TonyMontana
Minimum (L-7)

[size=0]TM 0[/size]
-Prodding TonyMontana...

Battery Power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
|
(31%)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:24 pm

Post by d3x »

Hope everyone had a good weekend! Let's start with Nik's response.
Nikanor wrote:
d3x wrote:This does not feel like RVS joking to me, it feels legit. Couple that with the fact that he backs up the position in p48 {he calls it both evidence and a lead} and we're heading down to UnHappy town. He also skips past his reasoning for ignoring the other lurkers {not so subtley from you in p29 and again in p41 just in case he missed it the first time around}.
a) I don't see how being serious about something is scummy, and b) I never skipped over any reasoning.
a) Calling someone out for posting in another game is valid if that person is lurking in the one you're playing. We were on p26. That's ridiculous. The fact that you Voted him is one thing, the fact that you backed it up and held to your nonRandom Vote is another. What exactly would you expect him to post? RVS nonsense? What is the Scum motivation behind VP's actions here? b)Did you check on the other players to see if they were posting anywhere else? If it's a valid ScumHunting option for page 2 and you didn't, why not?
Yeah, and because I do them as scum I assume that everyone does them as scum. That's how I hunt for scum. I think, "What would I do in his position, as scum and as town?" and then make a decision on his scumminess/towniness accordingly.
And I don't ever recall doing this as town.
The problem is, you
do
this as Town, as I pointed out. I don't know what your angle was in saying you 'don't remember doing this' and then saying you try to forget the examples I posted {in the same post}, but it's not working on me.
Lurker hunting on page five fails, that's why. I had better evidence, so I went for it.
So you are holding the position that Percy was Lurking when he made his 'catching up' post?
Anyway, the point is not that I do that exclusively as scum. The point is that I do that as scum five times more often than I do as town.
So where are you now?

Mod
- Prod on Nik, plz?

----------------------

@Gamma- How do you pick one active lurker over another {hint- there's a lot of them}? Do you think the case on Nik is weaker than a Lurker Hunt?

*bad feelings in this direction*

How do you feel about Jahudo's p170?

----------------------
VP wrote:In fact, dram, since you've been on Nik since your random vote I'd like you to explain why you are on the wagon still and why you think he'd be the best lynch.
This.

----------------------

@DDD-
I can't believe
{AwesomeWagon}
is the wagon a plurality of the town is pushing while simultaneously enabling Tony to do nothing.
What specifically makes Tony different from Seraphim or dramonic?

Please point me to the post where you think your best level of contribution has been attained. Your Iso is looking pretty slim on the content, imo.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:50 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

@d3x- This isn't an answer to the question but I don't think Nik is prod-eligible yet.

This is an answer to the question-
No, the case on Nik is the best case I've seen out of anything right now as I thought I stated earlier. However, I don't want the day to end yet, and I'm pretty sure Porkens would hammer if Nik was at L-1.

If some of the lurkers have legitimate reasons for lurking and do in fact just need a little more time before they can post some content, I'd like to give it to them before the day ends. If not, then nothing changes except they have more explaining to do for lurking harder than they would be able to with a quicker lynch. I don't see a downside to slowing this down until it gets closer to deadline.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:03 pm

Post by d3x »

Gamma- I can get behind that line of thought. And while Nik has ~40mins until he's Prod eligible; I believe the point remains.

GTKAS - d3x
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Oh, it's technically Monday now isn't it. MIGHT have overlooked that.

Also Jahudo's post-
Agreeing with Pom's vote is cool, the earlier parts don't seem to have a point.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:06 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

/picking up prod, picking up game after work
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:20 pm

Post by d3x »

The Rules wrote:the battery will be replenished by 10% (enough for two days if you're not lazy about it).
Just as a heads up, a nonlazy RL day of posting will get us about 5% depletion/RL day. By that logic, we have less than a week with fully active posting. I wouldn't categorize us as the most active of Towns right now. Recently, we've been dropping ~5-10%/RL day. With this in mind, we could have as few as 3 RL days until deadline.

While I don't want to end the Day right now, I do not want this to go to No Lynch at deadline. There are nonstandard mechanics at work here that we need to keep in mind. The Day is swiftly drawing to a close.

@Gamma- I was more interested in your thoughts on Jahudo's point about Seraphim's Lurking =/= a good Scum Tell atm. As you've shared your thoughts on not ending the Day any earlier than needs be, this satisfies.

GTKAS - d3x
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:53 am

Post by Jahudo »

I had said that Seraphim doesn't look like an intentional lurker-scum because its only an 8-page game, and it doesn't make sense as a strategy if you're going to stick out more and not even going to have to post much to be considered "active".

But I also see that Seraphim has posted elsewhere on the site on Saturday, so maybe he is avoiding his catch-up post.

And I can see where scum would lurk as much as they could get away with it, because we're on an activity-based deadline.

So Seraphim has been very anti-town, and we do need to hear more from him.

Side note: I feel that Tony has been lurking and acting scummy when he's actually posted, so I'd vote him before Seraphim. And Nik wagon is still good.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:52 am

Post by dramonic »

VP Baltar wrote:In fact, dram, since you've been on Nik since your random vote I'd like you to explain why you are on the wagon still and why you think he'd be the best lynch.
He displayed high opportunism with his vote on Percy and then vanished into a puff of smoke. I find this to be at best anti-town, at worst downright scummy.

I am also experiencing mixed feelings about Seraphim.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:25 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

d3x wrote:@DDD-
I can't believe
{AwesomeWagon}
is the wagon a plurality of the town is pushing while simultaneously enabling Tony to do nothing.
What specifically makes Tony different from Seraphim or dramonic?
It looks to me like Seraphim has actually tried to get involved at least once in the game. I don't think dramonic is so different than Tony really and I could accept lynching either of them.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:59 am

Post by Jahudo »

Does anyone have a town read on Nikanor?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:28 am

Post by Porkens »

We need a night.

unvote
Vote: Nikanor
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:41 am

Post by Gammagooey »

And we need it before Tony and Sera say anything why?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:44 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Porkens, why exactly do we need to rush to a night when the deadlines are already short enough as is?

DDD, in three sentences or less, tell me why I should switch from Nik to dramonic.

Tony- waiting and ready.

Agree that seraphim needs to post something of good substance before today is out.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:04 am

Post by Porkens »

We need to put our lurkers to the wall.

Them not posting at all would be, in its own way, as informative as anything they might say in a post.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:59 am

Post by Jahudo »

Hey Nikanor: Did you get an ability by going to L-1?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:25 am

VP Baltar wrote:DDD, in three sentences or less, tell me why I should switch from Nik to dramonic.
*As I refuted Pomegranate's points Niks behavior has not been scummy, his points may be incorrect but that doesn't correlate one to one with scummy.
*Are you sure this isn't just a case like F&E where a player made the mistake of attacking a player with connections and friends that leads to his demise.
*We cannot allow players to just coast through the game without even trying; as we both know allowing such behavior is a recipe for disaster.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:37 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Porkens-your reasoning is stupid at best. Hurrying the day along does not pressure lurkers near as much as continuing the day and noting their lurking publically.
DDD wrote:*As I refuted Pomegranate's points Niks behavior has not been scummy, his points may be incorrect but that doesn't correlate one to one with scummy.
*Are you sure this isn't just a case like F&E where a player made the mistake of attacking a player with connections and friends that leads to his demise.
*We cannot allow players to just coast through the game without even trying; as we both know allowing such behavior is a recipe for disaster.
*I'm not certain I agree. I do think Nik was reaching more than a bit. I can see where you are coming from, but I'm not certain.
* I don't understand what you are saying here.
*I agree and offing dram today isn't really a bad choice, but Nik isn't exactly present either. Perhaps if he was here posting I'd feel better about him, but lurking (after calling lurking a scumtell) is lynch worthy atm.
YOUR AD HERE

Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:51 am

Point #2: in LYLO what I said about D1 of F&E, I still say charlatan was lynched mostly because of who he attacked. It feels to me like part of the reason Nik is being voted here is that his first serious vote came against Percy who has connections with most of the people in this game.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:56 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Alright, I can see what you are saying now.
YOUR AD HERE

Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:04 pm

Post by Porkens »

VP Baltar wrote:Porkens-your reasoning is stupid at best. Hurrying the day along does not pressure lurkers near as much as continuing the day and noting their lurking publically.
That's what happens when you try to squeeze reasoning out of me, sometimes. Sorry :(
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:11 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Let me clarify then, do you think Nik is scum or you just want a night/give Nik an ability?
YOUR AD HERE

Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:28 pm

Post by Percy »

No Seraphim is annoying. I think a back-and-forth between Nik and Seraphim would clear up some of my muddy reads.

I'm very ambivalent about Nikanor. I don't like being white-knighted, and at least some of the case has developed because of this (as DDD correctly pointed out).

Porkens' votes have all been really poor; his TM vote, his dramonic vote, and now his Nikanor vote. My wagon is small, but it is mighty.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:14 pm

Post by Porkens »

VP Baltar wrote:Let me clarify then, do you think Nik is scum or you just want a night/give Nik an ability?
I just want to lynch someone. Nik or Dram or Percy would be fine for me.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:56 pm

Post by dramonic »

wouldnt white knighting be a defense of you? Nik was for lynching you AFAICS
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”