Mini 954 ~ Mafia at the 11th Hour (Game Over!)

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Mini 954 ~ Mafia at the 11th Hour (Game Over!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:42 am

Post by Vi »

Cue mood music.

A satellite hurtling through space in orbit around our world. The last known place still untouched, yet...

The earth - a huge blue-white orb with continents abstractly splayed about - loomed ominously beneath a window. From this vantage point, the consuming darkness that plagued the surface was for a moment just a memory. However, each member of the party that walked onto the observation deck knew that it would not be long before their homes would be corrupted, uninhabitable. It was already nearly too late for some of these heroes' homes. For others, there was more hope... At this point, as long as SOMETHING was salvaged, it would be a success.

The twelve members of the party somberly left the observation deck and determinedly advanced toward the command room. They suspected that the source of this tragedy was on this sattelite somewhere...

The command room was empty. Completely spotless and orderly. No signs of panic or anything unusual. A scan of the engine room also didn't show any anomalous activity. As far as anyone could tell, looking at the monitors, the satellite had been abandoned six months ago; these twelve champions were alone in this vista into space.

Disheartened, the troupe silently marched back to the observation deck and peered down at the dying globe, their tortured minds imagining the ruin that was surely starting to spread.

The realization came slowly, but it surely became clear that everyone's thoughts were starting to drift toward the same line of reasoning as one by one everyone took their eyes off of their beloved homeworld.

Whoever was causing this calamity... was indeed on this satellite. And if there was nobody else on board, then...

-----~spoiler protection space~-----

Fighting to the Bitter End:

10) Herodotus
replacing Cobalt N2
replacing Seraphim D1
- Shadow Queen (from Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door), Plague - Survived Day 5!!!
12) VP Baltar - Misery (from Doukutsu Monogatari ~ Cave Story), Plague - Survived Day 5!!!

Crying out for Vengeance:

[...]

Consumed by the Dark:

6) Nikanor - Dimentio (from Super Paper Mario), Plague - Lynched Day 1!

5) Gammagooey
replacing Maemuki D1
-
Tarhalindur, Robot Unicorn over Mafia
, Town (I guess) - Buried Night 1; Effervesced Day 4.
11) semioldguy
replacing TonyMontana D1
- King Pelleas (from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn), Town - Lynched Day 2; Effervesced Day 4...
1) Debonair Danny DiPietro - Cyan Garamonde (from Final Fantasy VI), Town - Buried Night 2; Effervesced Day 4...
4) Jahudo - Miles Edgeworth (from Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth), Town - Lynched Day 3; Effervesced Day 4...
3) dramonic - King DeDeDe (from Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards), Town - Struck by Lightning Night 3; Effervesced Day 4.
8) DTMaster
replacing Trumpet of Doom N4
replacing Pomegranate D3
- Lucca (from Chrono Trigger), Town - Struck by Lightning Night 4.
9) Porkens - Lucius (from Fire Emblem), Town - Lynched Day 5...
2) d3x - Jenna (from Golden Sun: The Lost Age), Town - Endgamed Day 5...
7) Percy - Byakuren Hijiri (from Touhou Seireisen ~ Undefined Fantastic Object), Town - Endgamed Day 5...
Last edited by Vi on Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:07 am, edited 66 times in total.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:47 am

Post by Vi »

How this game works:

Ruleset stolen from Vi, who modified it a bit from Vi, who secretly heisted it from Vi.
Rules in bold have changed from the norm or are otherwise especially worth reading.

--Confirmation Period (Pregame):
What is it?
This is the period between when you /in to play and when I open the game thread for Day 1.
Mafia Pregame Talk:
The Mafia are allowed to speak to each other via their QuickTopic during pregame. I will tell them when they can no longer post in their QuickTopic (when Day begins).
Pregame is for Confirming.
Confirmation will be done via PM in this game. After I create the game thread, I will send out Role PMs. Please confirm by quoting your Role PM to me and adding "/confirm".
Can we start yet?
When all but three players have confirmed, I will unlock the game thread for Day 1.

--Day:
What is it? What do I do?
This is the period during which everyone who's alive can post in this topic. The Town wants to find and lynch the Mafia (see below). The Mafia wants to avoid getting lynched.
What is voting, and how do I do it?
Players may vote for a person they want to see lynched by posting
Vote: PLAYERNAME
somewhere in their posts. I won't accept it if it's not in bold.
What is unvoting?
You can also unvote players, like:
Unvote: PLAYERNAME
. If you want to change votes, you MUST unvote first and THEN vote the person you want.
Do we have to lynch?
You are allowed to vote to No Lynch (
Vote: No Lynch
). This will take effect if no other majority can be formed from the players off the No Lynch wagon.
Can the Mafia talk to each other during the Day?
That is not public knowledge.
Prod/Replacement Policy:
Prods are done by request only in this game, and only on players who have been absent for 72 hours. Players who do not respond to prods within 48 hours will be forcibly replaced at the earliest opportunity. As this game has an activity-based deadline, please do not delay in requesting replacement if you find yourself overwhelmed.
Player Abandonment Policy:
If half of the player list needs replacement at any one time, I will ask the remaining players if they want to keep the game alive. If a majority of the remaining players does not respond "Yes" OR I cannot find replacements within three days, I will declare the game abandoned and it will end right there.
Battery-Powered Deadlines:
Deadlines in this game are shown as percentages. Each real-time Day or as close to that as possible, I will reduce that percentage based on the activity inthread (don't ask how). When the meter hits 0%, the deadline falls and the Day ends.
When does the Day end?
The Day ends when either a true majority of the living players are voting for someone, or the deadline occurs. If a majority of the living players are voting for someone, that player will immediately be LYNCHED (killed, removed from the game) and Night will begin.
What happens at deadline?
If the deadline occurs before anyone reaches a majority vote, the game moves to Night and
No Lynch occurs
. Some mods lessen the requirements to lynch at deadline. I do not. A lynch will always require a full majority of the players' consent.

--Twilight:
*sparkle*
THIS IS WHAT TRUE FEAR LOOKS LIKE
What is it?
This is the period between when the hammer vote (the last vote placed that put someone at a majority) and when the mod shows up to move the game to Night. There are no particular rules regarding speaking in Twilight. Role-based actions ARE NOT accepted during Twilight.

--Night:
What is it?
This is a period that lasts for at most three real-time days. During this time, the topic is locked, so nobody can post.
Can anyone talk?
Anyone who has been given a QuickTopic by the mod and permission to do so may speak privately during the Night.
When does it end?
Night will end as close as I can get it to three real-time days after it begins, OR after all actions have been submitted. At that time, all submitted actions will resolve and I will open the thread for the next Day.

--THINGS THAT YOU CANNOT DO:
Can I talk about this game elsewhere?
While this game is ongoing, you are NOT allowed to discuss it in other topics/games (as this will likely get you modkilled in that game
as well as
this one). PMing other players about the game will result in a modkill. This game is in
this topic
, and at Night, the Mafia QuickTopic. That's it.
You use cool colors! Can I use them?
No. Impersonating the mod is both cheesy and fraudulent. I will use
gray
in my modtext. Do not use italibold gray in your posts, or risk being modkilled.
I know how to prove my Towniness! I'll post my Role PM!
No you won't. Quoting your Role PM or anything I tell you via PM will result in your modkill.
Okay, but I can still prove my Towniness through other, clever ways...
No you won't. As a moderator I try to avoid betraying who the scum are through any means. If you try to break the game, etc. through invisible text, steganography/cryptography, etc., you will be modkilled.
I have mod powers... so I can edit/delete this post... right?
No. What you post in this topic STAYS in this topic. If you multipost because the board is messing up, I will not delete the extra posts.
I'm dead. Can I still post?
No, with one exception. A recently decased player may make a "bah" post consisting of the letter 'N' followed by as many lowercase 'o's as you prefer. Nothing else is acceptable.
You talk a lot about modkills. What is a modkill?
Pretty self-explanatory on its face - I kill you immediately. I also change your role retroactively to Neutral Survivor - meaning you auto-lose. If a modkill occurs during the Day, I will immediately move the game to Night.

--Other:
Stuff (stolen from Wizcat).
I am never wrong. Unless, of course, reality has warped, making me wrong. Please point occasions where this may have occurred out to me so that I may kick reality's ass. I specifically read for bold text, so use that if you want my attention.
Theme Game Disclaimer.
In spite of everything mentioned above and below, this game is not obligated to make sense until it is over. Rules may be overridden by certain abilities. I may include any number of exotic roles and abilities in this game -
and you will like it
2)
Miscellaneous.
Play to win.
3)
Other Things.
Have fun. Or else. And remember, it's a game - keep it classy and don't take things personally; everyone's doing what they have to to win.
4)
One More Thing.
Don't annoy the mod. The mod annoys back.
5)
Etc..
Etc. (Note: I reserve the right to clarify "Etc." at any time, to include adding or changing rules. You will be notified if that happens.)

--Hawt New Game Mechanic rules:
Like an Open Setup Except Not.
This game includes nine (9) members of the
Town
and three (3) members of the
Plague
. You will be warned if you are in LyLo (Lynch Correctly or Lose) or MyLo (Mislynch and Lose).
One Last Shot.
Each player has an ability related to a desperate attempt to change their fortune. They are not necessarily unique. At least some of them were assigned independently of alignments. They are not necessarily the only abilities in the game. You will not be told what these abilities are until you are allowed to use them (this does not necessarily mean you will be alive at the time). After any (A) ability is used during the Day, the battery will be replenished by 10% (enough for two days if you're not lazy about it).
Bell of Aviči ~ Infinite Nightmare.
Your death does not necessarily release you from this game.

=====

This is what a sample Role PM would look like.
~NAME~

In this difficult situation I am reminded of what my clutch maven once said to me before my first molting.
`Sometimes the enemy is so swift and the path so treacherous that you can run no further.
It is then that you must turn and resolve to fight
and in all likelihood die horribly
but you never know when you are going to get lucky, so go for it!'

Welcome to
Mafia at the 11th Hour
. You are
Spathi
Commander Snurfel (from Star Control II). You are showing an immense amount of courage in staying on this satellite while the rest of your company has abandoned you. Except "courage" is not too far removed from "stupidity", and you really would rather be elsewhere... Now you have to avoid dying a hideous death at the hands of these supposedly "benevolent" hunams. Don't panic.

You are aligned with the
Town
. You have an ability, but do not yet realize it.

Please confirm in-thread. I wish you the best of luck.
Mod note: Innate ability is revealed at L-1:
(A) Warp Escape Unit. Once during the game, if you are at L-1 you may remove yourself from the game for the duration of the Day. You may not vote or post until the next Day, nor can you be lynched. You may not use this in LyLo.
Last edited by Vi on Thu May 27, 2010 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:52 am

Post by Vi »

I'm going to randomize and send out the Role PMs sometime today.

Confirmations are by PM in this game, so when this topic unlocks it will be for Day 1.

All Role PMs have been sent.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:10 am

Post by Vi »

Enough players have confirmed that we can begin.

The ViPod is still at the exorcist/repair shop, but I have a spare - one of the old Shuffles - lying about.

---

Vote Count 0:
- Come sail away!

Minimum (L-7)

Not Voting:
Debonair Danny DiPietro, d3x, dramonic, Jahudo, Maemuki, Nikanor, Percy, Pomegranate, Porkens, Seraphim, TonyMontana, VP Baltar

-It is now Day 1! With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Battery Power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
(100%)
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:38 am

Post by Porkens »

Hurray day 1!!
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:51 am

Post by Jahudo »

Vote: Maemuki

Adeus scumbag!
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:14 am

Post by Maemuki »

Vote: Jahudo

Escumalha, escumalha~

[/OMGUS]
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:36 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Vote: Percy

Wanna fight?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:40 am

Post by Nikanor »

Vote: d3x.

I've played enough games with d3x to know his scum meta. And this is definitely his scum meta. Lynch please.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:01 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

I have done as the dog instructs and the dice have told me that TonyMontana is scum and Pomegranate and d3x are probably his scum partners.

Vote: TonyMontana
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:02 am

Post by VP Baltar »

^ good posting
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:05 am

Post by Nikanor »

DDD wrote:I have done as the dog instructs and the dice have told me that TonyMontana is scum and Pomegranate and d3x are probably his scum partners.
If d3x actually is scum, I am 90% sure that DDD is his buddy, because this really looks a lot like early-game distancing.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:05 am

Post by Porkens »

Oh, cool, are we making up new languages? I want to play!

ksak askk iais isis didi aki, mason partner!

vote: Nikanor
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:16 am

Post by Maemuki »

I don't know, but I
think
that Portuguese is an actual language...:S Only a thought, though.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:16 am

Post by Jahudo »

Both Pomegranate and TonyMontana have 11 letters in their name. They are definitely scumbuddies of the 11th hour.

unvote;
Vote: TonyMontana

bandwagon go!
Porkens wrote:Oh, cool, are we making up new languages? I want to play!
Portuguese, aber ich kann sprechen nicht.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:26 am

Nikanor wrote:
DDD wrote:I have done as the dog instructs and the dice have told me that TonyMontana is scum and Pomegranate and d3x are probably his scum partners.
If d3x actually is scum, I am 90% sure that DDD is his buddy, because this really looks a lot like early-game distancing.
I really wanted to find a clip from The Soup from one of their segments called "Cool Story, Jeopardy Kid" but I couldn't find it. So instead I'm forced to go with the much meaner...

Cool Story, Horrible Bitch
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:27 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Nikanor wrote:
So can we settle on d3x, TonyMontana and DDD? That sounds about right.

Vote: DDD
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:11 am

Post by Porkens »

Maemuki wrote:
I don't know, but I
think
that Portuguese is an actual language...:S Only a thought, though.
I'm intrigued.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:42 am

Pomegranate wrote:
Nikanor wrote:

Already got her bussing her scum partners, I'm awesome.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:43 am

Of course she's voting for me and not one of them which is less useful, Pom do you think you could switch that up? Thanks.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:02 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:
Nikanor wrote:

Already got her bussing her scum partners, I'm awesome.
DDD, shush! You don't need to make it easy for them and TELL them that I'm bussing you! That's for them to figure out!
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:33 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Hey, I've actually got a semi-serious question for DDD. Did you actually roll dice to determine TonyMontana was scum?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:19 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count I:
- A game of dice
TonyMontana (L-5) ~ Debonair Danny DiPietro, Jahudo

Jahudo (L-6) ~ Maemuki
Percy (L-6) ~ VP Baltar
d3x (L-6) ~ Nikanor
Nikanor (L-6) ~ Porkens
Debonair Danny DiPietro (L-6) ~ Pomegranate
Maemuki (L-7) ~
Jahudo

Minimum (L-7)

Not Voting:
Debonair Danny DiPietro,
d3x, dramonic,
Jahudo, Maemuki, Nikanor,
Percy,
Pomegranate, Porkens,
Seraphim, TonyMontana,
VP Baltar

-All players have confirmed!

---And you're all great people~

Battery Power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
(94%)
Last edited by Vi on Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:31 pm

Seraphim wrote:Hey, I've actually got a semi-serious question for DDD. Did you actually roll dice to determine TonyMontana was scum?
That's what the mod's dog avatar says to do, doesn't it?
Vi wrote:
---And you're all great people~
That's a lie and you know it.
I got a laugh out of the day's posts. I needed it today. ~Vi
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:33 pm

Post by Seraphim »

If you did, in fact, actually roll dice, why did you not use the dice tags in order to prove that you, in fact, roll dice?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”