mini 958: Just Another Mafia Problem - GAME OVER!

Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:15 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

I confirm that I have gotten my Role PM.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (isolation #1) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:35 am

Yeah, we can finally start! I get the first post!
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (isolation #2) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:35 am

Vote: Super Awesome Mega Pimp!

You are not awesome.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (isolation #3) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:58 pm

@Super Awesome Mega Pimp!

I think you just performed an OMGUS on me. If so, then not cool.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (isolation #4) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:48 pm

Super Awesome Mega Pimp! wrote:
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:@Super Awesome Mega Pimp!

I think you just performed an OMGUS on me. If so, then not cool.
Now you're calling me not cool? That's two lies and we're only on page two!
I'm not saying you are not cool, but your action toward me was not cool at all. You misinterperate what I said.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (isolation #5) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:50 pm

I think we should advance to the next stage, the Random Question Stage. I'll ask some questions:

1. What previous experience do you have with Mafia games?
2. How would you describe your playstyle?
3. What would you consider your best Mafia game and your worst?
4. Do you prefer Random Question Stage or Random Voting Stage and why?
5. If we've gather no more information toDay and you were the deciding vote, who would you vote based off of what we have?
6. What time zone are you and when do you post?
7. Do you get nervous before posting?
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (isolation #6) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:48 pm

hasdgfas wrote:
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:I think we should advance to the next stage, the Random Question Stage. I'll ask some questions:

1. What previous experience do you have with Mafia games?
2. How would you describe your playstyle?
3. What would you consider your best Mafia game and your worst?
4. Do you prefer Random Question Stage or Random Voting Stage and why?
5. If we've gather no more information toDay and you were the deciding vote, who would you vote based off of what we have?
6. What time zone are you and when do you post?
7. Do you get nervous before posting?
NO. We are not treating the game like a routine. Why do you feel this is necessary?
This can help other people get a read on other people's reaction to my question and other random questions that pop up in future Mafia games. I'll be looking for these:

1. If they will answer the question.
2. How much explaination they put into answering the question.
3. How the react to answering the question.

Among other things I can't think of. Now this isn't meant to where we should place our first informed vote, but it can help give us leads.

@Socrates: I'm not exactly a newbie in the game. As a matter of fact, I have a small amount of experience with the game. Look at my games on Smash World Forums and here on my Wiki for more information on games I've completed and games I'm currently in. But I do applaud you for answering my fifth question.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (isolation #7) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:55 am

hasdgfas wrote:Now let me ask you a couple non-random questions.
Why are you breaking the game down into stages? It is, as JD says, a dynamic game with changing situations and breaking it into stages is just a bad idea.
It helps me think better. I know that if I need to look at evidence, I'll be able to look at these questions and the random posts and they could possibly help us later on.
hasdgfas wrote:Why do you feel that "RQS" is useful at all? Sure, they answer questions and talk, but as I said, that's useless if it doesn't bring the game forward. Why do these questions move the game forward?
I look at the way people reacts to the question and how much efforts they put into it. Therefore, it can be useful for starting leads on other people. Not only that, it allows less oppertunities for a mislynch to happen later on in the game.
hasdgfas wrote:What games have you finished on-site?
I have currently finished no games on the site.

I do, however, play Mafia games off-site as well. I've completed two games on Smash World Forums. They are Smash Bros. Mafia and Newbie Mafia 5 in that site. I self-lynched myself on Day 2 in Smash Bros. Mafia and was engamed on Newbie Mafia 5.

It's not much, but it's a start I guess.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (isolation #8) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:44 am

[quote="Super Awesome Mega Pimp!]'ve A) voted for scum and B) explained why that person is scum. What more do I need to contribute?[/quote]

@Super Awesome Mega Pimp!: It would not be an good idea to explain your reason even further and try to make an solid case that will convince other people to believe you. We need to be contribute throughout the entire game and we haven't really done much.

@Elias_the_thief: Anything is better then nothing, scummy or not. Now lurking does not equal scum, but at least a scummy post gathers information.

I'll answer questions once I get home from school.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (isolation #9) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:20 pm

hasdgfas wrote:Please explain this more. I still don't understand how you couldn't just do this by asking questions without calling it a "stage" or why you couldn't just do this as a first post instead of RVS.
These were the first questions I've asked in the game, so I decided to call it a stage and see how people respond to it.

I was also considering accompandy it with the RVS vote, but I forgot. Then I remember and that's why I called it a stage.

Of course that already has ended, so should we go on from here? Or do you need more explination?
JDodge wrote:Then why feel the need to even state "RQS TIME!"? Why the need to wait if you just want something to go on later?
I wanted to gather information needed so I can push an decent case on someone. I look at how they react, how much contents they post, among other things.
JDodge wrote:Englighten me as to how.
A accidental random lynch is very well possible if you're not careful with what you're doing. With Random Question Stage, not only does it bring in more information and help reduce the risk of mislynches, it also reduce the possibility of an lynch during the very early stage of the game when we're just getting started, as it would help stimulate discussion in an easier, safer, and a potentially better way.
Shattered Viewpoint wrote:@SSBF: Aside from you trying to direct my play in this game, you haven't contributed much. Could you start on that, please?
Very well, I will.
Shattered Viewpoint wrote:I am really looking forward to an explanation for the bolded statement.
Look at my last response to JDodge. If it isn't what you want, then I will be glad to explain.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (isolation #10) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:36 pm

@rover9000:
FoMS (Finger of Minor Suspicion): rover9000

Do not put anyone at L-2 this early. We have over two weeks of discussion left, doing so this early is dangerous. Some uninformed player could accidently lynch Super Mega Awesome Pimp! right now.

I'm not going to risk this, so I'll
Unvote

@hasdgfas:
hasdgfas wrote:Oh, it's ended, has it? What if I say I want to keep talking about it, and why is that different from your response of "I can go back and look at the answers to make judgements on people"?
Personally, if you were to keep talking about RVS/RQS when we've already gotten into serious discussion, I would probably find your suspicious. Now it can be an secondary argument against another person you find scummy that you think can apply well with other people, but we need to find other cases against a particular person as well.

Regarding my response about how we can go back and look at answers to help support our case, it's not going to be used to make judgements on people, but like I said above, it can be used as an secondary argument against another person. It can bring up interesting reactions again and can to an degree help push your case against a person. Now don't use it as an main reason, but as an minor reason. More recent posts are the most important.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (isolation #11) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:26 pm

I just realize that I haven't been useful to the game recently, so I need to say something.

Basically, this post will be an massive quote-post of the event.

First off, I'll answer questions that I asked earlier in the game:
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:1. What previous experience do you have with Mafia games?
I play Mafia games on both Smash World Forums and here. Basically, I've played in nine Mafia games so far overall, with an 10th one coming up in Smash World Forums, just to summerize it up. If you want more information, check out my Wiki.
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:2. How would you describe your playstyle?
I can't truly define it yet, but I'm trying to take an aggressive, but careful approach toward the game. Sounds difficult, but hopefully not impossible.
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:3. What would you consider your best Mafia game and your worst?
I've only completed two Mafia games, which are Smash Bros. Mafia and Newbie Mafia 5 on Smash World Forums. My worst would be Smash Bros. Mafia. I was inactive towards part of Day 1, my posts consisted of major contradictions, hypocritical arguments, and all that other bad stuff. That game was terrible for me and I honestly hope it doesn't happen again.

Newbie Mafia 5 went a lot smoother thought and I did a lot better this time around. I had much better confidence in myself and I did great, managed to live until endgamed.

However, I don't feel like I've made much improvements.
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:4. Do you prefer Random Question Stage or Random Voting Stage and why?
Both are great ways to get a game started, but I prefer Random Question Stage. It can gather more information out of the players, allows less oppertunities for an uninformed or mislynches, and is actually semi-serious.
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:5. If we've gather no more information toDay and you were the deciding vote, who would you vote based off of what we have?
Based off what we have, I would say rover9000.
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:6. What time zone are you and when do you post?
I'm in the Central Time Zone. During school days, I might be able to post very early in the morning between 6:30 AM-7:03 AM. After school, it would be from 5:00 PM-9:30 PM. Saturday is whenever and Sunday is from 1:00 PM-9:30 PM.
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:7. Do you get nervous before posting?
Yes I do. I'm not exactly the best player here and doesn't really have much confidence in most games. That is starting to improve, thought.
rover9000 wrote:
vote: No Lynch

cuz i can.
I know this is an random vote, but I don't think you should vote for an No Lynch at all, unless we come to an situation when it is the best option (Rare case).
Super Awesome Mega Pimp! wrote:
Vote: SSBF

I'm extremely awesome, lynch all liars!
Tell me that was not an OMGUS vote on me.
Shattered Viewpoint wrote:
Vote: magnus_orion
Your vote is inefficent. It's not going to work on him since he's not playing.
Socrates wrote:I am interested to see where Has goes with his vote.
Ummm, I think hasdgfas was actually kind of serious with his first vote.
JDodge wrote:LOOK AT ME I HAVE REASONING

NO YOU CAN'T SEE
You're trying to make an random response to an serious response. Yeah hasdgfas should have explained his vote, but he did say it wasn't random.
Shattered Viewpoint wrote:I'll stop if he stops.
He could have done the same thing to you and it could have gone on for days. We would gather near zero information on a lynch.
ConfidAnon wrote:Seriously?

Already an argument?

Seriously?
In this game, anything gathers information, so let's take it with an grain of salt and realize that it adds something to the game.
Super Awesome Mega Pimp! wrote:Voting, 'cause it actually works.
True, but so does RQS. Look at Newbie Mafia 934. We got off to an good start with Random Question Stage.
JDodge wrote:Now, if someone were to vote on page 15 with just "not random", how would you expect people to react? Why should we let people skate by just because it's page 2?
You do have a point, but I think it's okay to random vote in Page 3, when we don't have much substances or discussions going on.
Super Awesome Mega Pimp! wrote:I think you should respond to this.

Unvote, Vote: Shattered Viewpoint
That is not your responsibility. Don't ask people to respond to quotes that isn't yours unless it's a question they skipped.
Shattered Viewpoint wrote:
Vote: SAMP!

Happy now?
That feels really forced and felt like you're taking an request from Super Mega Awesome Pimp! Why did you do this?
Super Awesome Mega Pimp! wrote:The request I made of SV is reasonable. Asking people to explain their actions is an extremely common part of the game. So when he gets all bent outta shape about me telling him what to do 'cause I wanted to know his reaction to Elias's vote, it tells me he's annoyed at being looked at, which is of course a scum motivation.

Is that explanation explanationy enough for you?
That wasn't what I was looking for. You asked him to respond to something that didn't belong to you or wasn't a question. If Elias wanted Shattered Viewpoint to respond, then he would have asked him to do that.
Super Awesome Mega Pimp! wrote:Not until five more players vote for you!
This is scummy to me. You're basically making an almost random response to him. If you are dissatified with his vote on him, at least try to explain.
TheButtomen wrote:Lynch all lurkers is good, Lynch all Liars has too many corner cases for me to really go into depth about in a non MD thread.
This can be dangerous. Just because a person lurks doesn't mean he deserves a lynch. If someone is playing scummy vs. a lurker with a null read, you'd probably go with the former, right?

I'm finding Shattered Viewpoint, Super Awesome Mega Pimp!, and JDodge suspicious.

JDodge: His totally unecessary theory discussion which I heard was counterproductive.

Shattered Viewpoint: Mod vote, getting into an even more useless argument then the theory argument, and his forced vote on Super Mega Awesome Pimp!

Super Awesome Mega Pimp!: Currently my top suspect in this game. His OMGUS on me, asking people to response to non-questions that isn't his, and made some really scummy posts. I also didn't like his semi-random response to Shattered Viewpoint vote on him.

Given that we're finally in an serious discussion, I think I'll
Vote: Super Awesome Mega Pimp!
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (isolation #12) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:50 am

@MafiaSSK: That is an good analysis, but I do find problem with these things.
MafiaSSK wrote:JDodge has been asking questions and attempting to find scum in nearly every post.
Then why was he a main factor in the theory discussion?

Then you contradict yourself with this:
JDodge wrote:TLDR; Top scumdog of this post goes to JDodge. The scumtells he has committed are successful buddying and lynch derailing by using theory discussion to sidetrack the scum tell discussion.
Unvote,vote JDodge
You said that he was asking questions and scum hunting in nearly every posts, but then you say that he commited buddying and lynch derailing by using theory discussion.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (isolation #13) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:04 pm

Shattered Viewpoint wrote:There seemed to be a general consensus that my not voting was anti-town. I was especially getting pressure from SAMP! [and so, my vote could rightfully be seen as OMGUS] so I placed my vote on the player I thought was acting the scummiest. That was SAMP!
I can see that, but I also didn't like the post because you explained almost nothing about why you voted for him at that time. At least now we have some substance.

@Super Awesome Mega Pimp!: Even if I'm a really crappy player at times, at least I don't use ego. If you want to improve even further, I suggest getting rid of it in Mafia games. The name can stay, but please leave everything else out.

@hasdgfas:
hasdgfas wrote:wow, my post last night totally didn't go through. dang it. that changes things.
I know this is irrelavent, but when making large posts, I suggest using a word program. Then once you get that finished, copy it to your post. Mistakes are much less common this way.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (isolation #14) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:04 pm

You know what? I'm going to purposely mess with Super Mega Awesome Pimp! username up until he stops being an *******. Starting with this post.
hasdfgas wrote:that sounds rather condescending, honestly. I've been here nearly 3 years, I know how this works. The forum ate it. I was using a word program.
I can understand. However, before posting, I suggest copying your entire work (If you don't know how, do CTRL+C) just in case it does eat your work. If that doesn't work, then disregard the suggestion and let's get back on track.
Super Mega Awesome Pimp! wrote:That wasn't an argument against me at all! It was a suggestion, and I was declining it!
Still, that suggestion would seriously benefit you a lot. Please read over it again before saying no and including an face with sunglasses.
Scarecrow wrote:How in the hell have I been anti-town at all, much less as anti-town as possible?
I really don't need to go over that, let alone other people. However, the main reason for this is your ego. I could do the same thing and post an picture of an donkey's ass at you as a response. But I'm not because that doesn't contribute to anything in the game.
Strawman wrote:Are you screwing with me? You just got done saying exactly that ego was scummy because it shows I don't want people on my side!
Completely misinteperated what hasdfgas was saying.

BTW, I called Super Awesome Mega Pimp! these names:

Super Mega Awesome Pimp!, Strawman, and Scarecrow.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (isolation #15) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:51 am

@Elias the Theif: Very good analysis there. I do disagree at where Super Awesome Mega Pimp is, but yeah.

I also really do agree with MafiaSSK, he has not contributed much to the game.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (isolation #16) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:53 am

@Elias The Theif: What do you mean by an neutral-scummy read? Is it that you find me slightly scummy? Please do explain.

And I do have a question here.

There are most likely three scums in the game. As of right now, who do you think they are?

I'll post something more useful after school.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (isolation #17) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:41 pm

@elias_the_theif: Thank you for clarifying this up.

Sorry for not making an more useful post today. I had to exhaust all my energy on another Mafia game. I am fixing to get lynched there, so I had no choice but to do an massive analysis. Yeah, I was a horrible player there.

I promise that I will make an more useful post tomorrow, that is an guaratee.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (isolation #18) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:51 pm

I decided to look at TheButtonmen. Not sure why, but I decided so well here's my ISO of him:

But some notes first:

- I wll not be commenting on ISO: 0-2 since they were before we started Day 1.
- This is my answer to TheButtonmen question to me:
TheButtonmen wrote:@SuperSmashBroFan: Why do you keep worrying about a D1 mislynch constantly?
I don't want to run a risk of an quick lynch. I want to wait until we have at least a week left of discussion before deciding upon a lynch. However, with that said, I'm not worried of L-2 anymore, especially given that it's nowhere near as dangerous as L-1, where one more vote = lynch.

ISO: 3
TheButtonmen wrote:Policy Vote: MafiaSSK for flaking out of every game I've played with him.
Random Vote MafiaSSK for dropping out of every game TheButtonmen played with MafiaSSK.

This is an random vote, so I consider it an null read.

ISO: 4
TheButtonmen wrote:[offtopic] That Gunnkerig Court hasdgfas? [/offtopic]
Goes completely off-topic talking about the Gunnkerig Court.

Pretty scummy read here. Mafia games are for mafia games being played, not for off-topic stuff like the Gunnkerig Court.

ISO: 5
TheButtonmen wrote:Awesome! An argument that makes tons of noise but no content! I love those!

@Shotty, Shattered: Hug that shit out and move on.
Complains about an argument going on that made lots of noise but lacks contents. Also tells Shotty to the Booty and Shattered Viewpoint to move on.

Slightly scummy read. It's nice that they told both Shattered Viewpoint and Shotty to the Booty to move on, but he's been guilty of giving absolutely no contents in his last ISO too, making it hypocritical.

ISO: 6
TheButtonmen wrote:@MMSK: Why avoid commenting on the game and instead focus on the vote on you? Also what do you mean by;
MafiaSSK wrote:This is especially considering the fact that this was a serious vote from JDodge and a serious vote means you would be a fan of their lynch.
Said that MafiaSSK avoided commenting on the game and asked for an explaination on what he quoted.

I find this post very scummy. TheButtonmen completely misunderstood what MafiaSSK was saying. MafiaSSK did talk about his two policy vote he had at the time and JDodge's serious vote on him.

I also find it hard to believe that TheButtonmen would have such a hard time understanding what he quoted. I clearly have no problem on what that means.

He called out on MafiaSSK for not commenting on the game, yet he has not posted much game-related contents either (In fact, barely any game contents was him was present). I'd go light on that, but this is hypocrisy.

ISO: 7

TheButtonmen wrote:Discussions on theory, IIOA and the like are actually worse then nothing as they give scum a way to look involved and active while not providing content.

@Shotty: Gonna be honest, even after ISOing you I still don't have the foggiest what your talking about.
Said that theory discussions and IIOA are actually counter productive. Doesn't have the foggiest on what Shotty to the Booty said.

I'll give him town point for being helpful.

ISO: 8

TheButtonmen wrote:Post #66 is:
TheButtonmen wrote:@MMSK: Why avoid commenting on the game and instead focus on the vote on you? Also what do you mean by;
MafiaSSK wrote:This is especially considering the fact that this was a serious vote from JDodge and a serious vote means you would be a fan of their lynch.
Once again ask MafiaSSK to explain the one he originally quoted.

Scummy read for the same reason as ISO: 6.

ISO: 9

TheButtonmen wrote:Lynch all lurkers is good, Lynch all Liars has too many corner cases for me to really go into depth about in a non MD thread.

@Shotty: Your question has been noted and subsequently ignored for making no sense.

@MSSK: Thought you were turning over a new leaf and going to actually be active / partcipate?
Gives his opinion on Lynch All Lurkers and Lynch All Liars. Ignore Shotty to the Booty's question and said that MafiaSSK should be more active.

This is slightly scummy. I can see why Shotty to the Botty's questions doesn't make much sense, but TheButtonmen should have at least asked him to clarify the question.

ISO: 10

TheButtonmen wrote:@Elias_the_thief: I didn't refuse to answer a question? I refused to apoligise for voting MSSK, if he thinks that it's scummy and defending JDodge I'm okay with it.

@SuperSmashBroFan: Why do you keep worrying about a D1 mislynch constantly?

@Everyone: Conciseness is protown.
Response to Elias_the_thief about refusing to answering a question, refusing to apoligize for voting MafiaSSK and said that he's okay with MafiaSSK thinking it's scummy and defending JDodge.

He asks me a question I just completed and said Concise is pro-town.

I find this slightly scummy. He's trying to say that it isn't scummy that he didn't answer a question, yet this problem could have been avoided if he asked Shotty to the Booty to clear it up with him. I also find it slightly anti-town because he said he's fine with MafiaSSK thinking it's scummy and that he's defending JDodge.

The reason why it isn't really scummy is because I agree with consiceness being pro-town. One-word arguments won't do, but you don't have to go into great, great detail on a case. I prefer doing the latter, but other then that, yeah.

ISO: 11

TheButtonmen wrote:That would be correct, I responded to his question by saying it makes no sense and moving on.
Quoted elias_the_thief and said he responded to him by saying it made no sense and he moved on.

I call scum on this post. That response to Shotty to the Booty was at best, a very poor response and at worst, can't even be called one. He also said he moved on from it, but yet he reminded MafiaSSK once to clarify what he meant, which automatically contradict his statement.

ISO: 12

TheButtonmen wrote:@Elias: He's demanding I explain why I'm defending JDodge, Your homework should you chose to accept it is to ISO me and explain to me wtf he's talking about. If his question does indeed make perfect sense this should not be difficult.
I wouldn't find this scummy, except that I'm suspecting he's using this oppertunity to be lazy and not do it himself. Hey, if you want explaination on MafiaSSK's question, do it yourself.

ISO: 13

TheButtonmen wrote:Based on comments he made in another game I think this is his first MS account.
Explaining that this is most likely Super Awesome Mega Pimp! first account.

This is a null read, since we gather nothing townish or scummy about this comment. All we get is an possible explaination.

ISO: 14

TheButtonmen wrote:I'll give everyone a cookie if the mass quote striping and bullshit arguments stop.

@SSBF: Putting extra effort into making your posts a tad harder to read seems like a questionable use of time.

In closing we need moar MSSK votes.
Not to sound like a total newb, but what is quote stripping suppose to mean? It is only choosing to quote certain parts of a post? Or is it something different entirely? And is it scummy (Want an explaination from another person since I call TheButtonmen explaination BS, more on that in the next section)?

Ohter then that, he responded to me, wants stupid arguments to stop, and wants more MafiaSSK vote.

I do find MafiaSSK suspcious, but why ask for more votes? You're just as likely to get more votes anyway if you don't ask. I also don't see why arguments should stop. I don't see why we're in an major argument, let alone it being ********.

This post is considerably scummy overall.

ISO: 15

TheButtonmen wrote:Quote striping is what I call it when people do long text broken up my numerous quotes, mainly done to answer a particular point in a post.

[offtopic-theory]
I'll probably make a longer MD post about this but in brief.
Reasons it's bad (imo):
-Promotes long posts.
-Lot's of small quotes rather then a large one means things are taken out of context.
-It lets your response look long while it's really just focusing on a few sentences rather then the post as a whole.
-It promotes people to respond in kind when they try to quote you.
[/offtopic-theory]

Now that MSSK has admitted to active lurking can we get more votes on him?
Explains quote-stripping, rambles on how theories are bad, and once again, wants more vote on MafiaSSK.

Another scummy post coming out of TheButtonmen. If quote-stripping is breaking down to where you explain only particular parts you want to explain, then I don't see why it's a bad thing. In that case, we've all been guilty of this, even TheButtonmen himself (More hypcrisy!). He once again ask for more votes on MafiaSSK.

Overall, I think I found another top suspect in my case. TheButtonmen has been hypocritical, made a ton of bad posts, lacks contribuation to the game, refusing to answer questions, etc.

Now I'll have to decide on who is my top suspect: TheButtonmen or Super Awesome Mega Pimp!

@Elias_the_thief: To be honest, regarding your section about me, I can't do anything but agree. However, I will prove that I am town and I will be commited to the game by making at least one useful post per day. You can count on that.

Also, active lurking is being active but not posting much contents. MafiaSSK clearly isn't active lurking, it's worse.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (isolation #19) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:28 am

@Shotty to the Body: No, it was merely a mistake on my behalf, I would not do this to insult you.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (isolation #20) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:15 pm

Looking an Super Awesome Mega Pimp!, I still find him very suspicious, but he has done some sort of contributing, I will admit. TheButtonmen replaces him as my top suspect.

Unvote

I'm not prepared to place a vote on TheButtonmen yet, but that's where my analysis (Requested by Shattered Viewpoint) will come in.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (isolation #21) » Sat May 01, 2010 6:34 am

@rover9000: A good suggestion is to click on the post button only once.

Mod: Can you please delete Post #239
?
If Rover9000 asks me to, then I will delete the post.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (isolation #22) » Sat May 01, 2010 11:00 am

@rover9000: No offense, but I think that post was way too harsh. Try explaining it in an more calmly matter.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (isolation #23) » Sat May 01, 2010 12:29 pm

@Unsight: Welcome Unsight. We need some fresh players anyway.

So, a couple questions

1. What did you think of Socrates?
2. Who do you think is the scummiest right now?
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (isolation #24) » Sat May 01, 2010 12:56 pm

@Unsight: Just want to say thanks. I had an slightly scummy read on Socrates. Nice to see people actually contributing to the game like you, now you currently have a null read. It'll change on how well you do.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (isolation #25) » Sun May 02, 2010 5:22 am

@TheButtonmen:
TheButtonmen wrote:It wasn't a random vote, it was a policy vote.
Can you please explain why it was an policy vote?

The reason why I'm hesitant to vote you is because I'm waiting until my analysis of everyone in the game. Need to get that done today.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (isolation #26) » Tue May 04, 2010 2:09 pm

Shoot, I just got a prod. Guess I got too caught up with another Mafia game off-site.

With that said, I will finally
Vote: TheButtonmen
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (isolation #27) » Wed May 05, 2010 1:07 pm

Unsight wrote:
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:Shoot, I just got a prod. Guess I got too caught up with another Mafia game off-site.

With that said, I will finally
Vote: TheButtonmen
What changed between your last post where you were hesitant to vote him and this post?
Nothing really. However, I really want to truly persude my top suspect now and I believe I've waited way too long to vote someone aside from Super Awesome Mega Pimp! Plus, he's been acting very scummy. Read my ISO on him and you'll see why.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (isolation #28) » Thu May 06, 2010 11:15 am

@Shotty to the Body: Explain why you would go after Unsight tomorrow. Is there a similarity between both of them and why?

@Unsight:
Why do you believe you "waited way too long to vote?"
I wanted to see what TheButtonmen brought to the table after doing an ISO on him. I decided to wait a few days and after him showing almost no improvements, I decided to finally place a vote on him.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (isolation #29) » Fri May 07, 2010 3:35 pm

Unsight wrote:
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:@Shotty to the Body: Explain why you would go after Unsight tomorrow. Is there a similarity between both of them and why?

@Unsight:
Why do you believe you "waited way too long to vote?"
I wanted to see what TheButtonmen brought to the table after doing an ISO on him. I decided to wait a few days and after him showing almost no improvements, I decided to finally place a vote on him.
You called just about every post in his ISO scummy. What improvement would have outweighed all of that and made you not vote him?
He would have done a lot to prevent a vote from me. First off, I wanted real scum hunting from him. Secondly, I wanted him to actually contribute more then I've already seen from him. Third, he would have to be a little bit more active then he was. And fourth, he should have stop being so scummy. At least Super Awesome Mega Pimp! is doing something now.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (isolation #30) » Sat May 08, 2010 11:59 am

Has anyone noticed that JDodge has still not gotten a replacement yet? I heard he wasn't able to play. ISO him and look at his last post.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (isolation #31) » Sun May 09, 2010 1:57 pm

Oh shit guys. Deadline is approaching. We need to decide upon a lynch fast.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (isolation #32) » Mon May 10, 2010 3:00 pm

@JDodge: Welcome back JDodge. Looking forward to hearing more out of you and your opinion on the situation.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (isolation #33) » Wed May 12, 2010 12:48 pm

@TheButtonmen: I think a claim is in order.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (isolation #34) » Thu May 13, 2010 11:02 am

@MrSandman: Nice to see you. Hope you're a active, commited member. Also would like to say thanks for answering my questions.

@JDodge: I'm glad to see you contributing. Will get to some of your points later.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (isolation #35) » Thu May 13, 2010 1:01 pm

I'm responding to some points against my by JDodge. Here we go:
JDodge wrote:So why wait until an arbitrary point later instead of starting the game off with it?
If you mean "start out at the beginning of the game", then I don't see how I needed to make a case on someone immediately. Later on, I know I will need to get a case done on someone. My case on Super Awesome Mega Pimp got killed off due to me being accused of tunneling, so I decided to look up TheButtonmen and I found a lot of scummy results.
JDoge wrote:I find it interesting how you word this as wanting to "push a decent case on someone" as opposed to wanting to find scum. Secondly, what did you find from the answers to these questions? From what I can tell, you haven't even touched on that.
What I found was a solid case on TheButtonmen and I am convinced that he is scum. For me, trying to push a decent case on someone = finding scums.
JDodge wrote:Mislynches are always going to happen. I'd rather mislynch now than mislynch on day 3.

I'm rather interested in why you bothered asking these questions and then completely ignored them. It reeks of distraction, and shame on everyone else for not realizing that.
It could be because not many people care about them?
JDodge wrote:eh wat

It's called "sarcasm"
How does sarcasm benefit you when we're in a serious discussion? Super Awesome Mega Pimp's reply to me and others during the time were absolutely horrible. Sure he's improved, but he still gets a slightly scummy read from me.
JDodge wrote:I think SSBF is a good target at this point.
If I'm a good target, then why didn't you attack a vote on me?
JDodge wrote:"I heard"?

Yeah, you keep drinking that kool-aid, man.
What is so important about "I heard"? It is a magic word you cannot say on Mafia games? Why was it worth commenting on at all?
JDodge wrote:This is going to sound unnecessarily harsh, but SSBF's posts make me groan every time I read one. I mean, they're just bad.
You have a vote on ConfidAnon. Did his posts makes you groan every time?
JDodge wrote:if i were at a desk it would have a head-shaped hole in it now
TheButtonmen's off-topic post contributed absolutely nothing to the game. As a matter of fact, he blatantly said it was
off-topic
. How is this post a problem?
JDodge wrote:I feel it prudent to choose between the two biggest wagons, so I am going to unvote, vote: ConfidAnon and request a claim. Most of the stuff on Buttonmen seems easily explainable by inexperience and stupidity. Confid has been around a lot longer and has no such excuse.
TheButtonmen has been on the site since Mid-November of last year, He's been on it long enough that he can host a Mafia game himself. He should not be excused for his actions for he is clearly not a newbie.

Also, five months between people joining is not that much of a difference.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (isolation #36) » Thu May 13, 2010 2:40 pm

Unsight wrote:
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:@MrSandman: Nice to see you. Hope you're a active, commited member. Also would like to say thanks for answering my questions.

@JDodge: I'm glad to see you contributing. Will get to some of your points later.
What was the purpose of this post?
Two things. One, I wanted to be nice (To MrSandman and JDodge) and another reason is that I wanted to give them a bit of a compliment.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (isolation #37) » Thu May 13, 2010 2:51 pm

Remember when ISO: 7 from TheButtonmen where I said it was the only town read I had from him? Well, right now, he has none, because I noticed THIS:

Post #111
TheButtonmen wrote:Discussions on theory, IIOA and the like are actually worse then nothing as they give scum a way to look involved and active while not providing content.
Guess what Elias_the_theif said on #109?
Elias_the_theif wrote:This shows a complete lack of understanding for what I was saying. Further, this is WRONG. A bunch of space taken up by theory discussion is counterproductive, because it draws away from whats happening in OUR game, and encourages/enables lurkers. Worse than nothing.
TheButtonmen was parroting Elias_the_thief on correcting me on the situation. Congratulation TheButtonmen, you've just made another scummy post that I skimmed over.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (isolation #38) » Fri May 14, 2010 12:51 pm

Shattered Viewpoint wrote:Oh, like he counts.
Everyone counts in this game, not just people voting. Let's not use biasness in this game.
MafiaSSK wrote:TBM would be at L1 then if I voted him. I would love a lynch on him.
I really don't like this post. L-1 is okay this late into a Day, because we don't have much time left to fight off scums (Or at least people acting like scums).

I also notice a contradiction. You said that TheButtonmen would be at L-1 if you voted for him, which makes you sound concern. But in the exact post, you approved of it. If this is what you mean, then congratulation on a scummy post.
TheButtonmen wrote:Thats just how MSSK rolls, if you expect anything out of him other then V/LA, asking for people to read the thread for him or wiffle waffing on his stance then your in for a big ol' dissapointment. Hence why I want him lynched.
Then why do you have a vote on me? If you don't think I'm deserving of your top lynch candidate spot, then please unvote.
TheButtonmen wrote:and at least two of the people on TBM's wagon are themselves very scummy.
You mentioned Shotty to the Body as a suspect. Your 2nd and top suspect is ConfidAnon. But you said that there was
at least two people
on TheButtonmen's wagon who was scummy. Who is the 3rd person you find scummy?

Is it me? It is Elias_the_theif? It is Shattered Viewpoint? Or is it Super Awesome Mega Pimp?

Tell us which of the four you find suspicious and why.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (isolation #39) » Fri May 14, 2010 12:52 pm

Unsight wrote:and at least two of the people on TBM's wagon are themselves very scummy.
You mentioned Shotty to the Body as a suspect. Your 2nd and top suspect is ConfidAnon. But you said that there was
at least two people
on TheButtonmen's wagon who was scummy. Who is the 3rd person you find scummy?

Is it me? It is Elias_the_theif? It is Shattered Viewpoint? Or is it Super Awesome Mega Pimp?

Tell us which of the four you find suspicious and why.[/quote]

That last response was directed toward Unisight. Sorry about that mistake.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (isolation #40) » Fri May 14, 2010 2:17 pm

Shattered Viewpoint wrote:::: hands SSBF a shiny new sarcasm meter :::
No offense, but I'm not a fan of sarcasm. Unless you put something like a XD or /sarcasm in it, I'm going to litterally interperate posts that looks like serious intentions.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (isolation #41) » Fri May 14, 2010 4:48 pm

@MafiaSSK: Extrememly scummy and anti-town. You litterally admitted to saying he sucks and he sucks out all the fun of the game. Then you vote him. On the very next post, you asked to replace out. Even if you're disinterested in the game, this is BS. You are now officially my 2nd suspect.
FoS: MafiaSSK/whoever replaces him
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (isolation #42) » Tue May 18, 2010 1:56 pm

FoS: ConfidAnon
for the hammer on TheButtonmen. Although he was my top suspect, you manage to hammer him without letting us know, plus he was a Town Doctor.

I need to look at your case more.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (isolation #43) » Wed May 19, 2010 1:41 pm

These things I have notice about ConfidAnon:
1. Accused Super Awesome Mega Pimp of having an alt. Even with his game play where he was accused, it isn't that obvious that it could be an alt. He's been playing Mafia for awhile, so there's no chance that it could be an alt.

2. In one post, he wanted us to vote for rover. I was slightly suspicious of Rover, but not enough to where he deserved a vote. It's especially invalid now because he's already gotten replaced by MrSandman, who has been contributing to the game.

Really thought, after ISOing him, I didn't really a lot of scum tells dropping from ConfidAnon in Day 1. However, his hammer disguise as an L-1 vote is also really scummy. I will try to make an more concrete vote later, but for now...

Vote: ConfidAnon
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (isolation #44) » Wed May 19, 2010 1:41 pm

Unvote
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (isolation #45) » Sun May 23, 2010 6:47 am

I'm going to be blatantly honest here. My hammer on ConfidAnon was a HUGE mistake on my behalf, there was absolutely no intention for me to hammer ConfidAnon that early. I wanted to place a vote on someone and given that ConfidAnon was my top suspect, I placed a vote on him. I had absolutely no idea that I was going to hammer ConfidAnon with that post.

@Unsight: On my behalf, I had no idea that I was hammering ConfidAnon. I thought I was just placing a vote.

I think we need to look at Shattered Viewpoint more and to a lesser extend, Super Awesome Mega Pimp. Both of them knew they were putting ConfidAnon close to a lynch. I on the other hand, had no idea that I was going to hammer ConfidAnon. I find this scummy and I see it as an attempt to get someone to accidently hammer and them put the blame on the person who hammered.

As I see this going to L-1, I'm going to claim. I am a Vanilla Townie. All I have is the ability to vote for other people and try to catch scums. I win with the town.

With that said,
Vote: Shattered Viewpoint

FoS: Super Awesome Mega Pimp!
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (isolation #46) » Sun May 23, 2010 8:49 am

Shattered Viewpoint wrote:SSBF: I knew I was putting Confid at L-1.

You "claim" you didn't know you were hammering.

I don't buy it.

Vote: SSBF
Exactly what I'm saying. You knew you were putting ConfidAnon at L-1. I don't mind if someone puts a person at L-1 near the end of a Day (Especially if I have a scummy read on that person), but this was within days of the start of Day 2 when you put him at L-1. I'll ask this. Why did you put ConfidAnon at L-1?

My post on ConfidAnon was a decent size. Within four minutes, he went from L-2 to a hammer. How was I suppose to know I would accidently hammer ConfidAnon?
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (isolation #47) » Sun May 23, 2010 2:18 pm

Oh shit, I am so dead for what happen.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (isolation #48) » Sun May 23, 2010 4:26 pm

@Unsight: Question. Are you a male or female? At least put up a gender. Not trying to get personal or anything, but we don't want to confuse your gender.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”