Mini 950: DCI Mafia (The Results Are In...)

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:17 am

Post by Parama »

Slaxx's case on me: I am not joining the Ani wagon because I have 3 better scum suspects, and therefore I must be scum.

Considering you even admitted to parroting my reads earlier in the game, the contradictions to your calling me out as scum are self-evident and your logic is full of holes.

unvote, vote: Slaxx

Just... no.
For future reference, I have been liking Kunk's more recent posts, but he's still on my scumlist. But I want to the get the more obvious scum first.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:20 am

Post by Parama »

Proof that I am telling the truth and Slaxx is telling us all that he is scum:
Slaxx wrote:Lol I'm not buddying. And even so you only pointed it out after I FoSed you for not voting ani, you're obv buddy.
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:27 am

Post by Starbuck »

Parama wrote:
Starbuck wrote:It shows that he's nervous scum. Look at how he was acting over Easter weekend. Crediting himself with starting conversation, and acting like this whole game began because of him. No, doesn't fly with me.
Okay, how am I nervous? Because I'm believe I'm right? Because I'm confident in my reads? Isn't that, y'know, the OPPOSITE of nervous?
I didn't "start" the game, but I really got the ball rolling with my 3-scum post. And you can't deny this because at least half of what you've said to day has been because of one post.
You obviously weren't confident in them, if you changed them so quickly.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:27 am

Post by Slaxx »

Honestly, Parama, I believe you would have called out Ani moreso than those first three scum reads. And the fact you dismissed his behavior as VI so early in the game. I don't like that at all. MY reads change just like yours did. I've never played MS with you, so I can't really call you out on Meta. However, from this game, I feel like you're being dodgy about the Ani wagon. And since Ani is my biggest scum read (I've played scum with him before, its pretty much like this) naturally someone who I feel is being dogy about his wagon will also be on my scumdar. Its not that you disagree with me, its more of the fact I feel you let him go too easy on your alls back and forth earlier in the middle of the game, you automatically dismissed him as VI, and you weren't really on me until I started FoSing you. Now you're pushing extremely hard for my lynch, calling me obv scum, before I even present my case.

And...That's not proof, but I'd be happy to hear your opinion on how it is.
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:42 am

Post by NavyCherub »

Slaxx wrote:Now you're pushing extremely hard for my lynch, calling me obv scum, before I even present my case.
Yupyupyup. More overreacting from Parama, probably some really hardcore distancing too. If ani wasn't so scummy I would want you dead pretty bad.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by Parama »

*sigh* I'm just going to stop posting if nobody is going to listen to me.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:20 pm

Post by NavyCherub »

That's funny, because you posted about how bad Slaxx's case on you is before it was even presented. Maybe you should listen to others before telling us that we're not listening to you.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:20 pm

Post by Parama »

NavyCherub wrote:
Slaxx wrote:Now you're pushing extremely hard for my lynch, calling me obv scum, before I even present my case.
Yupyupyup. More overreacting from Parama, probably some really hardcore distancing too. If ani wasn't so scummy I would want you dead pretty bad.
Okay I'm not overreacting, especially if there's nothing to react to. I push cases I feel worth pushing and frankly I don't give a damn about what you guys have to say right now. I never said I was against an Ani lynch, but I have stronger scum reads that I wish to pursue. I'm sure I'll take heat if Ani flips scum, and frankly I don't care. For now I'm pursuing the cases I want to pursue, regardless of what anyone else says.
If that makes me scummy, so be it.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:42 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Slaxx wrote: And...That's not proof, but I'd be happy to hear your opinion on how it is.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:00 pm

Post by Parama »

It's proof that your reason to FoS is me because I don't want to jump on the ani wagon. And you denied the obvious buddying from earlier pages in the thread. If that's not buddying I don't know what is.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:24 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In essence, yes. But I have explained why.

I still don't really see buddying. I see me explaining a queston for you and agreeing with your reads...I think thats about it. But since other people seem to think it was I guess everyone will continue to call it that.
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:58 am

Post by Trumpet of Doom »

ToD Presents: The Best of DCI (Blue Knights, 2006: Dark Dances)

Vote Count J:
animorpherv1 (5, L-2) - Nachomamma8, Nicodemus, NavyCherub, Slaxx, Nikanor

Looker (2, L-5) - Stephoscope, kunkstar7
Parama (2, L-5) - Starbuck, Looker
Slaxx (2, L-5) - animorpherv1, Parama

Not Voting (1): CryMeARiver
7 votes are required to lynch, 4 at deadline.

Deadline has been reached. Lynch Scene forthcoming.
Discretion is the better part of valor.
If I helped lynch you, you deserved it.

Retired from playing for the foreseeable future.
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:59 am

Any day where you're hauled off to a room with eleven people you don't recognize and told that some of you are willing to kill the others is a bad day. This was shaping up to fall right into line.

An early declaration by Parama that the schemers were kunkstar7, Stephoscope and Nachomamma8 was met with doubt and disbelief. Some players spoke up throughout the day, others only when prompted. Finally, as the sun was setting, it was decided that animorpherv1 needed to be disposed of if DCI was to have a hope of a fair competition.

They hauled him up to the roof of the building, took his room key to see if anything in his room might give them some clue what corps he was and whose side he was on, and threw him off. When they headed down to look at his room, they didn't see a whole lot: a mellophone, some sheet music (presumably for his show), and a blue sword. Wait... a blue sword? The only corps any of them could think of that might have a thematic tie to a blue sword was the Blue Knights. Starbuck ran out to ask the organizers if the Blue Knights were one of the rogue corps...

and returned decidedly depressed. "Nope." After an awkward silence, someone asked, "So... do we just go to bed and hope we wake up in the morning?"

"Yeah, I think so." One by one, they all headed off to their hotel rooms in silence, hoping that they lived to see tomorrow.

animorpherv1,
Blue Knights,
Vanilla Townie, Lynched D1

It is now Night 1. Day 2 will start
Sunday morning
Monday morning, because I get back from a band trip at ~11 PM Sunday night.

(For reference: The color of the corps name is one of the corps colors, and is not indicative of anything. The color of everything else
is
indicative of alignment - green is town, red is mafia, any other alignment would be represented by another color.)

Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:12 pm

The corps representatives woke up the next morning feeling very refreshed... except for the ones that didn't wake up at all. When they were all assembled and it was discovered that they were missing an additional, not one, but two of their number, they wondered if the missing ones were merely sleeping in and decided to go see what the problem was.

NavyCherub was the first one they looked for. He was in his room, all right, with a gun in his hand pointed at his head and with a CD player playing B.B. King's greatest hits. Some wondered if it could be a suicide; others didn't think so, citing the location of the bullet hole (six inches from where the gun was pointing) as evidence, and suspected foul play. A quick search of his room revealed that, fittingly enough for a cherub, he'd been a member of The Academy.

When they got to Looker's room, though, a much different scene awaited them. Looker was lying face-up... spread-eagled... with a variety of pentagrams and circles carved into his torso. As he turned to leave, Nicodemus tripped over a pamphlet lying on the ground describing the Wilderness Survival merit badge for the Boy Scouts of America - opened to a page discussing how to track animals.

Oh, dear.

NavyCherub,
The Academy,
Vanilla Townie, Got the Blues Real Bad N1

Looker, Madison Scouts, Townie Tracker, Sacrificed N1

Day 2 begins!
With 9 alive, it will take 5 votes to lynch and 3 to lynch at deadline.

Deadline:
Monday, May 5, 2010, ~9:00 PM CDT (GMT-6+1)

Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:15 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Still pretty damn certain that Parama is scum.

Vote: Parama
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:16 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

Trumpet of Doom wrote:
The corps representatives woke up the next morning feeling very refreshed... except for the ones that didn't wake up at all. When they were all assembled and it was discovered that they were missing an additional, not one, but two of their number, they wondered if the missing ones were merely sleeping in and decided to go see what the problem was.

NavyCherub was the first one they looked for. He was in his room, all right, with a gun in his hand pointed at his head and with a CD player playing B.B. King's greatest hits. Some wondered if it could be a suicide; others didn't think so, citing the location of the bullet hole (six inches from where the gun was pointing) as evidence, and suspected foul play. A quick search of his room revealed that, fittingly enough for a cherub, he'd been a member of The Academy.

When they got to Looker's room, though, a much different scene awaited them. Looker was lying face-up... spread-eagled... with a variety of pentagrams and circles carved into his torso. As he turned to leave, Nicodemus tripped over a pamphlet lying on the ground describing the Wilderness Survival merit badge for the Boy Scouts of America - opened to a page discussing how to track animals.

Oh, dear.

NavyCherub,
The Academy,
Vanilla Townie, Got the Blues Real Bad N1

Looker, Madison Scouts, Townie Tracker, Sacrificed N1

Day 2 begins!
With 9 alive, it will take 5 votes to lynch and 3 to lynch at deadline.

Deadline:
Monday, May 5, 2010, ~9:00 PM CDT (GMT-6+1)
Reason "The Academy" is in red when he is just a "vanilla townie"? Is that a mistake or flavor that you can specify?
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:17 pm

Post by Starbuck »

He already specified it. The Color of who people are is the band's colors.

He says it in the post directly above that.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:19 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

Starbuck wrote:He already specified it. The Color of who people are is the band's colors.

He says it in the post directly above that.
Wow, I have no idea how I missed that. Thanks for that Starbuck :D
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

pee on you" - Chesskid

Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:21 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Welcome.

So who are your suspects, CMAR?
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:26 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Ah, at the end of this deadline, the semster will be over. Beautiful.

I'll have to reread the thread. I skimmed the pages earleir but to no avail.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:28 pm

Post by Parama »

Aww hell.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:34 pm

Post by Parama »

I admit, I am ani's buddy. Townbuddies stick together.
Slaxx, I would like you to present whatever case you had on ani before he was lynched and flipped town. Not going to hold anything in the case against you but you said you had a case yet did not deliver on it, thus I'd like to see it now.
Vote coming after a reread - don't expect any major changes.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:47 pm

Post by Starbuck »

You want him to put a case out on a TOWNIE who's DEAD? And then say, you aren't going to hold anything against him? I feel a setup here.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:51 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

At the moment, my biggest scumspect is Nikanor. His answers to the questions right up front made him very suspect in my mind. It seemed he was trying to dodge any questions on his strategy to me, possibly so he couldn't be held accountable for not following his supposed "strategy" later. He then asks a very serious question with his
Nikanor wrote:Who is opposed to an ani lynch today? I want everyone to weigh in on this. Failure to do so will put you at the top of my scumlist.
He asks this, yet never refers back to it. He provides no case on ani and doesn't refer back to whether or not people weighed in on his question and what he thought of their opinions.

He then clearly bandwagons kunkstar for "active lurking and dodging". Seriously? He dodged the questions from the very beginning. At this point kunkstar has 10 posts with at least SOME quality, while Nikanor has 5 posts with nothing in them.

He then comes out of the closet of lurking and decides to make a bold statement.
Nikanor wrote:I have an announcement to make.

Parama is scum.

Carry on.
His reasoning is that Parama is "way too over-confident to be town". This is hilarious since he has made two over-confident statements himself in saying "Parama is scum" and "Animorph is scum, I demand to know what everyone else thinks" Over-confidence is a null tell as well.

He then bandwagons animorph, has yet to provide any reasoning behind his suspicions of him, with the simple reason
Nikanor wrote:Unvote. Vote: ani.
I don't mind an ani lynch, and we really need to get the ball rolling.
The verdict is that he has had many contradictions with "dodging" "lurking" "overconfidence", about 7 fluff posts that would make him an "active lurker", been on both bandwagons, and is accusing people of being scum with absolutely no reasoning. Hey look, SCUM!
Vote: Nikanor
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:09 pm

Post by Slaxx »

I said I had a case on you, Parama. My thing with Ani was pretty much everyone else's: Active Lurking (He did that in the fire and Ice game where he was scum), the accent on the RQS, and the lack of scumhunting.

The fact you dismissed his behavior as VI gave me uneasy feelings because it seemed really early to make such decisions.

And yes, I do feel I'm being setup.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”