mini 943- Greek Mythology! (And the winner is... ?)

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:17 am

Post by Iecerint »

SD, I think Plum is mostly less than I've seen her post in most games, but I definitely think there are better suspects.
FF wrote:I really doubt Vas is over there requesting metas knowing that it will make him look town, and then not reading them.
So, I guess only town ever requests meta? YOU HAVE FOUND AN AMAZING TOWNTELL!

I wasn't "pushing" SV's lie/hyperbole much more than anyone else in the town. The only player who had mentioned that prior/had your perception AFAIK is Joh. This looks like a FF-Joh connection to me, or else you just found Joh's rhetoric persuasive without reading the thread very carefully.

Some people suspect me and I get decent vibes. Some people suspect me and I do not. I don't necessarily expect that rhetoric to convince you, but it's there for what it's worth.

I think FF is unlikely to be scum with SV. More likely to be scum with Joh or VV.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:47 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

VasudeVa wrote:Please, call me Vas.
Nothing scummy about that(yet). Carry on.

@Bio Hazard
Hey cool, you're in this game too! Pity I already have this wagon. That manipulative SOB vote fits you better.

People need to post.
Complains that people need to post without posting substantive content himself.
green and Iec seems town versus town, mostly from gut. What's good about the whole squabble is I think you guys just baited lurker scum in your discussion. I'm getting lurker scum vibes from SV.

I'm liking Jack's "I teach theory to newbies". Generally, I believe people who take effort to teach theory is town. Still, not that good a town read, but a slight town read nonetheless. I also share your opinion with Shadow Dancer. Seems like predictable scum. I more predictable move from him, I move votes.

Getting good vibes from Mindgamer so far mostly gut.

Unvote for now.
This starts a really, really, really
long
train of VV a) fencesitting, b) buddying, c) active lurking, and generally "finding" town instead of scum. Examples will be labeled. If any specific interpretation is necessary, I can provide it, but I think they are all self-explanatory.
I'm liking Jack's "I teach theory to newbies". Generally, I believe people who take effort to teach theory is town. Still, not that good a town read, but a slight town read nonetheless.
Example 1.
I also share your opinion with Shadow Dancer. Seems like predictable scum. I more predictable move from him, I move votes.
The only scum he does find is a piggyback of someone else's read. And he doesn't even place a vote.
Hey you know what, you're right. No reason not to. How absent minded of me.

Vote: Shadow Dancer
Until he is told to do so. I don't buy that it's absent mindedness. This guy is in a mindset of trying to be friendly towards everyone unless he absolutely has to be aggressive.
I'm not exactly sure what I think about this. On one hand, Iec seems to be playing too defensively with "I'm not saying that blablabla" arguments but I actually feel justified with his since Jack is grinding him bad. I usually don't like arguments like that because arguments like that are some of the easiest excuses ever made.
Example 2.
Cough up your metas' you two. I need some sort of idea of your playstyle here. Right now, I am thinking that the sort of pressure Jack is putting against Iec is quite uncomfortably unlike the usual D1 pressuring I've seen. But then again, typical scum won't make that much effort on D1.
Example 3.

Moreover, meta is generally useless except in extremely specific situations. It makes no sense that VV randomly needs this information. Seems as if he is trying to appear useful.
Mostly gut. I don't feel like they are scum yet. The part that wasn't from gut is that they are too comfortable with arguing aggressively against each other. I think that scum tend to be defensive in early arguments such as that. But that's just a small part of the equation. This read is 80% gut, 20% that.
He makes his reads 80% gut so he can claim 80% non-accountability later if his suspects flip town. Guaranteed, however, that if they are lynched, he would take waaaay more than 20% of the credit.

D1, I tend to play as the impartial observer. Primarily because I usually have no idea who to suspect, and my early game is baad, terribad. I tend point out arguments and take sides when it is convincing enough.
AKA excuses for not scumhunting.
SV is being too careless about the game to seem scum. Might be a bored townie. Scum usually have their thoughts in order because they aren't supposed to be doing any scum hunting but to mislead any attempt to scumhunt.
Example 4.
Read the metas. Jack is playing his town-meta. Just keep it in mind. Found very few patterns on Iecrint's scum meta to make a tell. Anyway, I won't be using this now but I find metas to be much much more useful later.
Example 5.
Flave's posts feel like they are grasping for something to use against MG. He seems to be using the ambiguous tones of MG's posts to make a case. Could be distancing scumbuddies, could also be Flave trying to point suspicion at MG for scummy reasons. Too few posts for me to make something out of it though.
Example 7.
I had a feeling it wasn't representative as well. Although, where exactly did he imply this?. Nonetheless, the huge difference between the activity level here, in the town meta and the activity level in the scum game really makes it like it wasn't a good sample of his scumgame.

It's quite scummy to misrepresent yourself when someone asks for a meta. However, I am finding his game here a bit townie to be off tracked by something semi-trivial like that(at least...I think it's semi trivial.)
Example 8.
This is not a town move since it will confuse the hell out of us. Definitely not scum since it will get him lynched if it gathers much attention. . Be waiting on Jack's explanation. Very weird move.
Example 9.
That is quite observant of him. How the hell did he do that? With so few posts? O.o. Smells really town. Observing that deeply is not something that I think scum would do.
Example 10.
I have an idea, but I'm not sure if its good or bad. Since we had to do some pre-game voting, is it wise to say it out loud? I mean, it happened before the game started so it won't say much about alignment. And also it won't indicate any alignment since it is a vote regardless of alignment, it will give us an idea of what to expect in the days to come.

Just pitching it in, for discussions sake. I don't really see anything bad about it though.
AKA, "Hay guyz, I'm actively lurking instead of finding scum."
So far, none of the new activity has caught my eye. All accusations to me is what I expect to be the natural reaction for town for bringing that up.
Example 11.

I think that's enough. I could keep going. Maybe VV actually says something relevant at some point. It doesn't matter. I have never, in my entire time on Mafiascum, seen someone so wishy-washy and reluctant to find scum as VasudeVa. It's buddying, fence-sitting, and active-lurking all in one giant combo.

Vote: VasudeVa

If anyone wants me to comment on anything particular, feel free to let me know.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:55 am

Post by Iecerint »

Alma, is VV's behavior normative as town on any other sites? I've noticed what you're talking about and think he's one of the best lynches, but that's in the back of my head.

(VV, would you claim that the way Alma perceives your behavior is normative for any other mafia sites you might play on?)

I think it's worth reading the part where VV flip-flops on SB. I think it made him look worse; some players thought it made him look better. Probably the most content-rich aspect of his play so far.

I almost asked you what you thought of SV, but then I realized that you sort of are SV. ^^;
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:57 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Iecerint wrote:Alma, is VV's behavior normative as town on any other sites? I've noticed what you're talking about and think he's one of the best lynches, but that's in the back of my head.
I don't fully understand the question. Are you asking me whether I think his play this game matches with the way townies play on other sites I have played on?

P.S. I have played on other sites, so I might know.
I think it's worth reading the part where VV flip-flops on SB. I think it made him look worse; some players thought it made him look better. Probably the most content-rich aspect of his play so far.
Just read that section. If he had been scumhunting all game said ONE time, "hey guys, my bad, I was wrong about this one," then fine. In VV's case, however, it's been constant flip-flopping wishy-washy. This does not make him look better at all.
I almost asked you what you thought of SV, but then I realized that you sort of are SV. ^^;
*shrug* Objectively (if there can be such a thing), I think he showed up, called a few people out of some random shit, and then evaporated. I don't really know what to say about that.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:04 am

Post by Iecerint »

Yeah. I get the impression that VV might play on other sites (joindate + familiarity with terminology IIRC, maybe he even mentioned it), so I didn't know whether the culture might be different on the sites he's used to. For example, maybe there are gillions of PRs, so they're less prone to take D1 minitells seriously.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:22 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Flava Flave wrote:
Snow_Bunny wrote:Meh, I'm telling all of you, VV is scum.

Stop doing whatever you're doing and vote for him. Gogogo
This seems different than anything in the links Vas provided. You seem more like you are attempting to lead the town rather than follow like you did in those games. I'd like to know why.
Because I'm not always a follower. When I have a prey (read: scum), I won't let it go until its lynched. That's the way I play.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h
Pronoun: He

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:20 am

Post by Johoohno »

Shadow Dancer wrote:Joh: Would you please elaborate on who are your key suspects and on what your cases against those are based upon?
My suspect cluster is: Snow_Bunny, Almagaster(SV), Jack, Ooba(mindgamer), Iecerint & Plum. The top two candidates are Ooba and Plum. But honestly, my suspicions of Plum partly has to do with SV’s earlier call for her playing differently, commented on earlier. Vas, since you are such a fan of Meta, would you mind checking Plum’s post 234 for her meta. I’ve skimmed it but haven’t really found any significant tells (meta isn’t my strongest weapon of choice).

You’ve got most of the reasons in my Post 169 With the following addendums:
  • SB: Unwilling to provide meta (I know she claims that to be her regular play, but that doesn’t make it any better)
  • Almagaster: post 276 is very scummy because he lists a lot of “finds” on Vas but no comments to them, and the player he is focused on is the second train which seems as if he just wants to save his own neck.
  • Jack: 169 mostly sums it up, but see post 223 too.
  • Ooba: Post 166 is where he is looking almost only at SV. Note how Plum is painted townie only for the reason of voting SV (this is really weak, though perhaps it’s I who is biased here since I see her as likely scum), and also note that almost all the entries there are focused on SV in one way or the other. Surely Ooba should be interested in other people but SV, but perhaps he doesn’t want to leave too many links to others in his play this first day?
  • Iecerint: Post 223 also clarifies things, like how the debate with Jack in the beginning felt a bit staged.
  • Plum: Pretty much everything is mentioned in post 169, but you find some more additions to it in post 248 and 257
With above said I’ll

unvote

vote: Ooba

I’m leaning town on Vas due to his meta reads and the feeling of curious newbie, I said that in post 257 too. Though if he gets lynched and flips scum I think Snow_Bunny is a likely partner. Anyhow, I very much would like Vas to answer Almagaster’s post 276 and, if possible, take the time to check Plum’s meta above, since you seem to be good at that.

I could pitch in a SV/Almagaster vote later, but not just yet, I want to see more of him before deciding if the tells on him are enough for that. (And Plum is obviously still a valid candidate but if I'm the only one seeing that and/or voting her it won't be enough come lynch or deadline.)

@ Mod:
You've somewhere written about a three week's deadline, would you mind posting a more exact date in next vote count?

~Deadline was posted on the first page. It is April 12. I will include it with the following vote counts~
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:38 am

Post by Jack »

I was going to sit quiet in this game until SD posted more, but I see I let it go a bit longer than that.

VV seems town.
SD seems fairly natural so I will drop Iec and him for now for now.

unvote

I don't like Almasters post above. VV seems to be putting more effort into the game than most, it's silly to accuse him of active lurking. Sitting quiet while waiting for other people to post is perfectly acceptable.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:22 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

V/LA: 2 days or so. Putting a self moratorium on internet access due to some problems with RL.

Ugh. Bad time to be L-2. This is limited access though, so if I'll be posting something, it'll be here. Not now though. Please don't lynch me before I put up a defense, thanks. Is it claim time now though?
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by Jack »

What the heck are you talking about? You're at L-4.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:52 pm

Post by Andrius »

So, I’ve read this entire game twice. That shouldn’t mean I remember everything, because there are almost 300 posts, and like, 17 people posting throughout.
Iecerint, post 31 wrote: I'd already decided on my random vote, so I figured I'd go ahead and post on it. Since I was privileged to read a bit with innocent eyes, I'm fairly sure it'd've been the same regardless of the PM result.
So, you’re setting up a softclaim already? Whether you are scum or town, you waste no time setting that up. Why’d you feel the need to go ahead and do that?

Personally, this whole mess over the Iecerint having not received his PM yet is a bother. Would it have been
that
hard to not post for a day or so? Its resemblant of purposefully not reading your role PM so that you don’t act scummy.
Mindgamer, post 45 wrote:
Johoohno wrote: @ MindGamer: Strut your stuff, show us your alleged manipulation routine!
Not this game I'm afraid. I'm town aligned.
So, you can’t manipulate the mafia if you’re part of the town? We’re missing out then, on your prowess. Perhaps we should lynch the useless "town-alignned" player. And another soft claim.
SD, post 50 wrote: At least got a non random dabate started which might produce useful information.
/unvote
/vote Snow_Bunny

I think random stage is over. Tell me, what is your reason to vote Iec?
Snow_Bunny had not yet been on, so she is entitled a vote. Eager to put the pressure on her, or eager to whack a townie? And you are using the line that Jack pointed out. Eager to point out the obvious “production of useful information”?
VasudeVas, post 60 wrote: green and Iec seems town versus town, mostly from gut
And:
VasudeVas, post 60 wrote: Getting good vibes from Mindgamer so far mostly gut.
You seem to be going off your gut, which is not the most laudable thing ever. I’ll be paying attention to your gut more often.

Post 60:
And we start the pages-long arc about ESL [English as a Second Language]. Perhaps Iecerint and SD thought it would be a good move, as scum, to throw something like that in there. Nothing like garnering sympathies for a player at a disadvantage.

I’ve heard that scum like to talk. So by bringing this ESL thing Iecerint is contributing to discussion without really getting us anywhere.
Iecerint wrote: This is relevant because it might affect how his posts should be interpreted.
Typical, a way to lessen the heat on a scumbuddy.
greenindirt wrote: Oh yeah and english isn't my first language either so please be easy on me. /lies
Something that was picked up by greenindirt as well.
Iecerint, post 73 wrote: Since the dicerolls are evidently null
Not so. The decision to use a diceroll is perhaps relevant. Either it takes out the need to find something trivial in someone early on, they’re looking for ways to speed the game up, or he is scum. There’s something we can learn from everything, supposedly.
Iecerint wrote: At the time, I thought that the dice-voting was not only anti-town, but also potentially scummy. Your meta information demoted it to merely being anti-town, which made GiD's potentially scummy action supercede it.
And anti-town players don’t actually help us out, so while its optimal to lynch scum, lynching them isn’t a complete 100% loss for the town.
Iecerint, post 86 wrote: If Jack is town, it is unlikely that future discussion with him will make me more convinced of the fact. So that promotes ending discussion at the moment.

If Jack is scum, his rhetoric has already crossed the scumrhetoric threshold, so there's diminishing returns from continuing discussion with him at the moment.

Hearing from everyone else about circumstances is comparatively high-yield regardless of Jack's alignment.
POISONING THE WELL
, aka, a logical fallacy. This sounds like desperate scum trying to save his scumbuddy from further dialogue with Jack, and to save himself from possibly committing a slip-up. Its called Poisoning The Well because no matter what Jack may say, after this post by Iecerint, Jack loses standing as a townie. A rather weak move, IMO.

Aaand post 101 starts the 20 v. 12 players debacle. And the third post from SV, counting his “/confirm”.

Thoughts on this matter:
Plum sure did a fine job of showing up once his name was called; within an hour and a half. ISO-ing him, he usually isn’t on in the AM, so it was interesting. And while Plum did a
tu quoque
in 106, its rather difficult to avoid using those.
Personally, I feel that the hyperbole excuse is rather weak, yet that was his third post… difficult.
Vas, post 118 wrote: D1, I tend to play as the impartial observer. Primarily because I usually have no idea who to suspect, and my early game is baad, terribad.
Seriously? Impartial observer means not town, not mafia. Not town = anti-town. And as I said earlier, lynching an anti-town player is the second best lynch,
far
after a scum lynch.

Impartial observers don’t usually run out and defend people. They
observe
, not help people defend themselves.

You also pointed out the town v. town Iecerint/Jack, and that “SV is being too careless about the game to seem scum. Might be a bored townie.” (post 118). Even if you are town-aligned, you’re doing a great job of helping the mafia, by classifying fellow players as townies.

And Flava Flave shows up, for the first time in four days. Sticks around, and leaves for three more. Seven days later he shows up again. :P He’s pretty much abusing the lack of prodding on him. Way to contribute.
Vas, post 139 wrote: I have an idea, but I'm not sure if its good or bad. Since we had to do some pre-game voting, is it wise to say it out loud? I mean, it happened before the game started so it won't say much about alignment. And also it won't indicate any alignment since it is a vote regardless of alignment, it will give us an idea of what to expect in the days to come.
Horrible idea. Since when do we want to give the scum a target?
And SD beats me to the punch. XD
Vas, post 180 wrote: Rolefishing isn't bad for town in itself but it is clearly more advantageous for scum. I was simply asking that in the off-off-offffff chance that the situation I mentioned actually happened. You never know.

But my main motivation for that post was to get some discussion on the topic, I simply started with a suggestion(A bad one, but a suggestion nonetheless). So far, no one offered any discussion about it.
So you went ahead and posted it, hoping for more discussion, that would help the mafia more than ourselves? Granted, this wincon is unorthodox, but it was early to bring it up D1. Perhaps instead of possibly helping the town you could refrain from posting. :P
Vas, post 228 wrote: Another "I'm still here" post? You are so town. I almost do not want to reply to your posts because in my eyes, your alignment is confirmed. Any further alignment is pointless. But whatever, lets play your game.
Another “you are so town” post? Seriously?

So there.

Iecerint, VasudeVa, and Shadow Dancer are lynches I
could
support, but I'd like to hear from them in regards to what I've said. I'd also like to wait awhile before casting my own vote, since I want to be able to talk to you all and see how it goes down.

If you're not in the trio up there then I'm going back to look into you, and see voting patterns, and read the scare posts that some of you have made.

@ AlmasterGM: Your first massive post here was all centered on VV. Why the focus on him alone? Is he the biggest scum target, in your mind, or did you just ISO him? I'm curious to see what you think of the others.

Can we get a votecount please?
I'm unsure if greenindirt had a standing vote I need to unvote/solidify.

And yeah. I'll go back and work on the rest of you later, since this has been a long day. :P
Anything for me?
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:25 pm

Post by Iecerint »

There's no softclaim in that post. I don't know what you think you see, but it isn't there. You come off slightly scummy/anti-town for hunting for it and publicizing a perceived softclaim, though. (Jack, please let me know if you had perceived something similar.)

Low activity is traditionally the scumtell, not high activity. A player's ESL status is not irrelevant to reading him.

The diceroll is null because Jack found evidence that SD always dicerolls. So it has nothing to do with his alignment.

You're using "poisoning the well" incorrectly. Poisoning the well is if Jack says that he has a comeback post and I preempt it by saying IGNORE HIM; HE IS SCUM. What I did is explain to Jack that further discussion with him was unlikely to change my personal read of him in a positive way, so it was unlikely to change it in any way, so I would stop.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:42 pm

Post by Iecerint »

(EBWOP: To be clear, I figured out what you thought you saw after starting to write the post.)
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:47 am

Post by Andrius »

Iecerint wrote: You come off slightly scummy/anti-town for hunting for it and publicizing a perceived softclaim, though. (Jack, please let me know if you had perceived something similar.)
I'm looking at scummy behaviour, and an immediate softclaim that early on is definitely worthy of a question about it, at the least. Don't get so defensive. XD
As for publicizing perceived softclaims, at least I wasn't going like Vas throwing out my town readings on players two at a time :P
Iecerint wrote: Low activity is traditionally the scumtell, not high activity. A player's ESL status is not irrelevant to reading him.
I agree with the former. The latter I agree with, but the issue of bringing it up amidst the scumhunting frenzy, and the votes lining up on SD. I feel that placing the ESL disclaimer, like Vas has, is a good idea.
Iecerint wrote: The diceroll is null because Jack found evidence that SD always dicerolls. So it has nothing to do with his alignment.
If I'm not mistaken, SD has only played one other game. So, that's not a huge meta/basis to go off of.
Wouldn't it be interesting if, after the page or so of Jack/Iecerint dialogue, if they were both scumbuddies, regardless of whether SD was in with them or not? XD
Iecerint wrote: You're using "poisoning the well" incorrectly. Poisoning the well is if Jack says that he has a comeback post and I preempt it by saying IGNORE HIM; HE IS SCUM. What I did is explain to Jack that further discussion with him was unlikely to change my personal read of him in a positive way, so it was unlikely to change it in any way, so I would stop.
No, I'm pretty sure it works here too. You set it up so that Jack couldn't continue the dialogue, because if he did he would be losing the townie points in your eyes. And we all love
townie
brownie points. XD
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:55 am

Post by Iecerint »

I was just telling Jack the truth. He was welcome to keep going and alter everyone else's read of him as he pleased, and I made no claims to how their read on him would be modulated.

Anyway, the logical fallacy you name is less important than the rhetoric you're talking about. And in this case, that rhetoric was just an honest explanation of circumstances from my own personal perspective.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:19 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

@Andrius: I don't like how you, after reading the game twice and bringing up some good points, aren't taking a stance. Seems like bench-sitting. I want you to answer as well what do you think of VV regarding my case on him and his reaction. And, out of Iecerint, VasudeVa, and Shadow Dancer, who do you think it's the scummier? And why?
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:19 am

Post by ooba »

I am still here - bit busy - will catch up and make a post tomorrow ..
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:50 am

Post by DeathNote »

Vote Count

Shadow Dancer- Andrius (L-6)
VasudeVa- Snow_Bunny, Shadow Dancer, AlmasterGM, LordChronos (L-3)
AlmasterGM- Iecerint, ooba (L-5)
Johoohno- Plum (L-6)
ooba- Johoohno, Flava Flav (L-5)
Andrius- Plum (L-6)

Not Voting:

Jack, VasudeVa

With 12 alive, its 7 to lynch.

Deadline is April 12 at 10:00 P.M.
Last edited by DeathNote on Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h
Pronoun: He

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:55 am

Post by Johoohno »

Not much has been posted since I last checked in.

@ Andrius:
As far as I remember your predecessor had his vote on SD (but recently reading the game twice should make you a bit more aware of that than I?). I too, as Snow_Bunny, want you to take a stance and decide where you want your vote and why.

@ Everyone:
We only have five more days before deadline, so everybody need to decide on where to vote, and if you have more than one possible candidates should come out and say that.

@ mod:
If it's not too much trouble I'd really appreciate the vote counts listing the people not voting as well.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:58 am

Post by Iecerint »

Mindgamer and ooba are the same player slot.
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:37 am

Post by LordChronos »

Okay, at this point, I feel that the scummiest players are FF, SV/Almaster, and VV.

FF I have talked about in earlier posts. If we lynch Almaster and he flips scum, FF's scumminess goes way way up for me.

SV: Really don't like his frame attempt, and his excuse was lame. Almaster's recent posts have improved on his scumminess.

VV: I don't like that he is "scumhunting" but only finding townies. He has declared at least three different players to be town, but isn't voting anyone. Also, VV was semi-rolefishing earlier, which is scummy.

Right now, I think my top suspect is VV. So,
Unvote; Vote: VasudeVa

@Ice

Why do you think FF is unlikely to be scum with SV/Almaster?

@Andrius

Why is SD on your list but not SV/Almaster?
I'm a talking computer.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:40 am

Post by Andrius »

Regarding this:
Snow_Bunny wrote: @Andrius: I don't like how you, after reading the game twice and bringing up some good points, aren't taking a stance. Seems like bench-sitting.
and this:
Johoohno wrote: @ Andrius: As far as I remember your predecessor had his vote on SD (but recently reading the game twice should make you a bit more aware of that than I?). I too, as Snow_Bunny, want you to take a stance and decide where you want your vote and why.
I give you:
Andrius wrote: Iecerint, VasudeVa, and Shadow Dancer are lynches I could support, but I'd like to hear from them in regards to what I've said. I'd also like to wait awhile before casting my own vote, since I want to be able to talk to you all and see how it goes down.
Snow_Bunny and Johoohno:
I said here that I wasn't going to immediately vote, and see what I could get out of my top three suspects. I don't know if you missed it in the big text, or you just want to put some pressure on me, but I'll vote once I've heard from SD (assuming she comes back soon-ish), since Vas left at the perfect time, to save his own hide. And yes, Joh, I've inherited a vote on SD.
Snow_Bunny wrote: I want you to answer as well what do you think of VV regarding my case on him and his reaction. And, out of Iecerint, VasudeVa, and Shadow Dancer, who do you think it's the scummier? And why?
Fair enough. I'll go back and dig it up, and get back to you. As for the second part, I'll touch on that when I vote, which should be soon-ish [aka, today/tomorrow], since I want to go ISO some of you folk.

This what you meant, Snow_Bunny?
Snow_Bunny wrote: I'm getting a slight gut feeling about VV. And, on top of that, I'm reading him scummy. For once, he attacked SD, but when Iec posted the lame case against him he didn't say a word about it. Then, what's the pressure on SD then? Fake scumhunting? Second, his suggestion about the voting thing seems like a weak rolefishing. Third, his benchsitting. I admit I haven't been the most active player, but that isn't an excuse to bring that point up. One thing is not participating, and another is just sitting away as an "impartial observer". Seems more like he's trying to just pass under everyone's radar while still posting something here and there.

Oh, and I don't buy the so-used excuse of "I did that to start discussion".
If so, I agree for the most part. Like I said, I'd be willing to support a Vas wagon. I think that most of what he said is passive, pointing out townies, and giving excuses as to why he's not actively scumhunting. I don't necessarily believe that he's the best lynch, but I would support his wagon.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:43 am

Post by Andrius »

LordChronos wrote: @Andrius

Why is SD on your list but not SV/Almaster?
Well, his lack of overall posts. But AlmasterGM will make up for that, and while I applaud him for his work on the Vas case, I think that he was very narrowminded, something I mentioned here:
Andrius wrote: @ AlmasterGM: Your first massive post here was all centered on VV. Why the focus on him alone? Is he the biggest scum target, in your mind, or did you just ISO him? I'm curious to see what you think of the others.
So I'll wait to hear from him. And see how that goes.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:47 am

Post by Iecerint »

FF called SV likely town without trying to derail the wagon. That is the opposite of what I would expect scumFF to do for scumSVAlma.

It doesn't mean that FF isn't scum, but it means that he's unlikely to be scum with one of my top suspects (SVAlma).

Andrius...are you confusing SD and SV in your post? How is SD worse than SV with regard to posting, and why is Alma going to change that?
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:50 am

Post by Andrius »

Iecerint wrote: Andrius...are you confusing SD and SV in your post? How is SD worse than SV with regard to posting, and why is Alma going to change that?
Explained:
Andrius wrote: Well, his lack of overall posts. But AlmasterGM will make up for that
I meant this as referring to SV. Hope that clears it up. AlmasterGM will make up for that because he's more active than SV, and he's still playing, whereas SV is not.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”