Newbie 922: Day 3

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:23 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

I totally delayed this and didn't do it yet.
New deal, I'm ISOing one person, first come first serve (with a name). No reply in an hour means Nacho.

Votecount
Nachomamma8 - 2 (havingfitz, Ellibereth)
Elementary Fermion - 1 (Elementary Fremion)

Not Voting - 4 (Acosmist, RayFrost, Nachomamma8, Panacea)

With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch.
FLASH OF GREEN
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:12 pm

Post by Acosmist »

Nachomamma8 wrote:1) There's a great chance for a Ray-Fitz scumpair, and I'm curious if you see what I see.
I thought Ellibereth was scum?
2) The only way I'm going to counter a lazy response such as that is with rebuttals that are 1000+ words long, and I don't feel like typing it up. But if your reading through the game produces nothing, I'll craft a post to put Acosmist to shame.
Don't you owe me a reply or something? I know I owe fitz a big one; I've been slow-cooking that for a while now. I hope he replies to this by wondering why I'm not posting more, as if no one else has heard of Easter. That'd make me happy, because he is so transparent when he gets tweaked.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:00 pm

Post by havingfitz »

Panacea wrote:
havingfitz wrote: And Pan...which is it...midterms or religious holidays.
After taking this statement into thorough consideration, I've decided to PM God. His selection of the time he chose to resurrect his Son is really interfering with my play. Next comes the higher education system. In the middle of term is a silly time to have midterms. :roll:
My point was on a Tuesday you were using midterms as a reason for not posting more (understandable) and then Thursday is was religious holidays. Which holiday was Thursday? Or was that a vague v/LA for Easter? I was just looking for consistency in your excuses :-)
Ellibereth wrote:Why is IIOA a scumtell when the information is hard and tedious to datamine?
I really like post 477. Good information. It's nice to have an active replacement for Bridges. Analysis with the info would be good though. What do all the pretty colors tell us? My take on 477 is my suspicions on Nacho are strengthened and it makes me feel like Pan needs a look over again.
Nachomamma8 wrote:1) There's a great chance for a Ray-Fitz scumpair, and I'm curious if you see what I see.
So there is a great chance that no scum was on the Lawls wagon. Care to elaborate? The thought seems ridiculous to me. Not sure if it does to anyone else though I imagine at least two left in the game would like to push that possibility.

Happy Easter to all BTW.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:04 pm

Post by Acosmist »

havingfitz wrote:Which holiday was Thursday?
Maundy Thursday. Then Good Friday. Then Holy Saturday. Now Easter. All real holidays in the world's largest religion.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:12 am

Post by havingfitz »

Acosmist wrote:
havingfitz wrote:Which holiday was Thursday?
Maundy Thursday. Then Good Friday. Then Holy Saturday. Now Easter. All real holidays in the world's largest religion.
The nuns would not be happy.

Elementary Fermion
Elementary Fermion
Townie
Elementary Fermion
Townie
Townie

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by Elementary Fermion »

Acosmist wrote:Maundy Thursday. Then Good Friday. Then Holy Saturday. Now Easter. All real holidays in the world's largest religion.
This.

But I am back now. Hope to catch up later tonight.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:46 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Acosmist wrote: Don't you owe me a reply or something?
Yeah, I do. I'll get right on that when I get back...
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:34 am

Post by RayFrost »

Oh, hi guys.

I was on V/LA for the past three days.

The mod prodded me at some point, and I'm back again.
don't you feel silly now?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:59 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Response to your case as promised:

I didn't see the soft claim as you did; I saw a townie reaction based on another game (Ellibereth knows which one). So, the vote came off.
Acosmist wrote: When doubts about the honesty of his claim got some traction (probably from havingfitz), you were willing to lynch him...
No, never willing to lynch. Willing to pressure, but not willing to lynch.
Acosmist wrote: Did you have a position on Lawls?
Mhm. I was on the lynchwagon, wasn't I?

Hmm... There's more to respond to, but this is the important stuff.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:11 pm

Post by RayFrost »

I'm too sick to be playing.

Mod, I am replacing out, however, I hope for this to be temporary. I have already made arrangements for a replacement, so you should get a PM from them.
don't you feel silly now?
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:29 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Get better Ray.
/still stalling on his re/iso read. I'll really do them....tomorrow....>.<
FLASH OF GREEN
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:44 pm

Post by Panacea »

RayFrost wrote:I'm too sick to be playing.

Mod, I am replacing out, however, I hope for this to be temporary. I have already made arrangements for a replacement, so you should get a PM from them.
I'll try not to cry myself to sleep tonight. :P Kidding; hope to see you back soon, Ray!

Hmm. Just glancing back at the Lawls lynch and found that sixty percent of the wagon was built in two hours and fifty minutes (Elementary, Nacho, and myself in that order). I know we were really close to deadline and all, but if you all wouldn't mind glancing back at it yourselves, does the pacing seem natural? I'm particularly interested in what Elementary and Nacho have to say about it. (And I know my drawing attention back to it will produce some questions my way, so I'll just wait for them, shall I? :P)

Frankly, I think there's a scummy between Elementary and Nacho, and since I've already thought Elementary was town, I'm inclined to lean more Nacho, if given the choice. But maybe I'm looking too closely at this:
Nacho wrote: I hate this lynch, but it's all that's going to get through and Lawls lynch > No lynch.
Wouldn't Lawls have been taken over a no-lynch, Nacho, since he was the highest voted? The rules seem to say so...
Town: 2. 2.
Scum: 2. 1.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:58 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Panacea wrote: Wouldn't Lawls have been taken over a no-lynch, Nacho, since he was the highest voted? The rules seem to say so...
Meh, good point. I guess I'm just used to games where deadline = no lynch. Anyways, I certainly wouldn't have changed my actions. I certainly wasn't going to lynch a claimed doctor, and Lawls was the closest to a lynch...

Elementary Fermion
Elementary Fermion
Townie
Elementary Fermion
Townie
Townie

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:26 pm

Panacea wrote:Hmm. Just glancing back at the Lawls lynch and found that sixty percent of the wagon was built in two hours and fifty minutes (Elementary, Nacho, and myself in that order). I know we were really close to deadline and all, but if you all wouldn't mind glancing back at it yourselves, does the pacing seem natural? I'm particularly interested in what Elementary and Nacho have to say about it. (And I know my drawing attention back to it will produce some questions my way, so I'll just wait for them, shall I? :P)
My vote was on Lawls for nearly three (3) entire weeks. The one break that I took was when you made your {anti-town, pro-MS} statement. Once I was over that, I came back over to Lawls. I believed for a while that his own curious meltdown was townish, but was convinced otherwise, primarily by Acosmist. As I had spent nearly three (3) weeks thinking he seemed scummier than others, it was not difficult to so convince me.

I also was not going to vote for a claimed doctor. That is just about ludicrous, actually. That claim, if a lie, would quickly unravel, allowing us to lynch the lying scum at some point in the future. I would look for scum on the Cojin wagon before looking at the Lawls wagon.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:39 pm

Post by Acosmist »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Panacea wrote: Wouldn't Lawls have been taken over a no-lynch, Nacho, since he was the highest voted? The rules seem to say so...
Meh, good point. I guess I'm just used to games where deadline = no lynch. Anyways, I certainly wouldn't have changed my actions. I certainly wasn't going to lynch a claimed doctor, and Lawls was the closest to a lynch...
Ummmmmmmmmm...

...where does it say this?!
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:43 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

[quote="The Rules"
Days will have a deadline of three weeks. If the deadline is reached, the day will end without a lynch.
[/quote]
Welp, Pan was wrong instead of me.

Elementary Fermion
Elementary Fermion
Townie
Elementary Fermion
Townie
Townie

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:45 pm

Panacea wrote:Wouldn't Lawls have been taken over a no-lynch, Nacho, since he was the highest voted? The rules seem to say so...
Phate wrote:
Activity Rules and Information
  • Days will have a deadline of three weeks. If the deadline is reached, the day will end without a lynch.
I was once accused of not reading the rules. Let no one make such an accusation again.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:49 pm

Post by Acosmist »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
The Rules wrote: Days will have a deadline of three weeks. If the deadline is reached, the day will end without a lynch.
Welp, Pan was wrong instead of me.
Doubly wrong, if you look at the voting history.
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:22 am

Post by Phate »

Furry replaces RayFrost.
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:29 am

Post by havingfitz »

Welcome Furry...are you scum?

Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:31 am

Post by Furry »

havingfitz wrote:Welcome Furry...are you scum?
Not this time hun

Should be all caught up in a couple days tops. Have a class in 30 minutes right now though.
Temporary unretired alt
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:53 am

Post by havingfitz »

Ray's ansence/replacement notwithstanding...this game has sure ground to a craaaaaaaaaaawl. Anyone think anyone (other than themselves) are scummy or deserve vote action?

I still get a bit of a scum vibe from Pan and of course my #1 suspect (hence the vote) remains Nacho.

EF...why do you still have your vote on yourself?

Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:38 am

Post by Furry »

Reading the early game people need to realize that wagons in the early stages of the game are a pretty good thing. I really dont like how lots of people take agressive non-wagon stances in response to one forming.

Also no one took the time to respond to EF talking about day one being of little importance due to the ammount of information available. Bad ICs, bad.

Day one is a huge key for the game as it sets the tone for how all subsequent days are going to progress. By the time it ends you have a general idea of who has what opinions, an alignment, a few wagons to look back on, it argueably contains the most information. While it may appear hard to play at first glance, you have to realize that if an attempt at trying to identify actions that do not make sense from a town standpoint create all the information that can be used on later days. If town mucks around for day one, day two will be the same.

Panacea is still railing on the random wagon thing, it looks like an attempt to make the players on the wagon out as scummy which is very wrong, especially the mentioning of the first few voters. At this point she seems to be responding negatively to RVS pressure, and trying to turn it the wagon around on the voters.

I would be voting cojin here though due to what seems to be very subtle egging on of a wagon while not really taking a strong stance on it, even though the reaction is suboptimal and looks more like trying hard to find a spot to launch a counterwagon isntead of taking a more methodical approach to get out of a situation.

BaB is completely right about being self-aware of meta as well. I feel some of my best games as scum have been when I was aware of people attempting to meta me and just payed a little extra attention to the subtelties of my play.

Paneca cant let go of the wagon on her. Despite what she is there is an aggressive response to those voting her. It isnt a vote or anything, but the way she goes about explaining votes on her slightly suggest that the voters arent town.

~I just realized how much im posting so im going to try and tighten it up a bit here~

In basic agreement with the BaB case on Paneca (possibly with a supplement of breakdown of voters point) , it getting a "I see your case but choose to dismiss it" response is funny though.

At this point someone needs to force some questions on EF to get him contributing, as he is repeting the "day one I cant do anything" mantra.

Ooohh... and we are talking about alts? Call on me! Me me me! Errr... never mind.

On the fitz v "coord lurking" - The whole arguement is horrible. You can accuse someone of lurking but this is just taking it to a new level which is quite obvious reaching. It isnt being really persued by him though, which is what others are trying to point it out as being. If this was the entire basis for the lynch curently he was going for then yes, you wagon fitz for that. He isnt on that wagon though at the time, so its not quite that big of a tell. However he is right that joining a game when he is busy isnt a good move.

Ok starting at post 108 I am almost happy with a lynch of EF. His post boils down to "talking a lot is scummy because its hard to pick out scummy things in a big post" and "I dont want to move my vote because people will vote me for bandwagoning". Also its been a page and no one has jumped on him for this yet, whats going on?

Interesting from nacho in 134 saying "scumhunt by asking if you would do this as scum", I take the opposite approach by scumhunting by taking the "why would town do X" approach.

Around a third of the way through the game. Completely floored with the lack of a EF wagon at this point, Cojin looks like a good spot to be voting too (yes I read OP but he still does read scummy). I have an assignment due tomorrow that I need to get on, and a little bit of other stuff that I want to get done. If im efficent enough I should get another third of the game read tonight.
Temporary unretired alt
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:37 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Furry's probably town.
FLASH OF GREEN
Elementary Fermion
Elementary Fermion
Townie
Elementary Fermion
Townie
Townie

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:58 pm

Furry wrote:~I just realized how much im posting so im going to try and tighten it up a bit here~
Don't worry about that in this game AT ALL. The more (replacements and text) the merrier!

The town didn't gang up on me (vote-wise) because they want to win.

Ellibereth, having claimed that his magic numbers mean one thing, and then later mean another thing wholly inconsistent with said first thing, and with no explanation for either conclusion (sic), is stupid and scumtastic. Why don’t you go ahead and turn some lead into gold for me while believing that the set of irrationals is null.

Also,

Unvote

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”