DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:51 am

Post by DarkLightA »

DoItRiley, could you get an avatar please?
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (isolation #2) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:37 pm

Post by DarkLightA »

vote: DoItRiley

Get an avatar.

As far as I understand, this is the set-up:
Set-up
Mafia Goon #1
Mafia Goon #2

Townie #1
Townie #2
Townie #3
Townie #4
Townie #5
Townie #6
Townie #7

Doctor

Where the lover couples are:
Lovers
1 Mafia Goon
+
1 Townie

1 Townie
+
1 Townie

If this is the case, I'm thinking that a couple-claiming being good. Assuming that the claims are legitimate (as there's no reason they shouldn't be), and that scum make NKs, these are the possible statuses of the game when we hit the scum+town pair and

STATUS 1 (Less than ~33%)[DAY 3]
Mafia Goon

Townie
Townie

Doctor

STATUS 2 (Less than ~17%)[DAY 3]
Mafia Goon

Townie
Townie
Townie

STATUS 3 (More than ~42%)[DAY 2]
Mafia Goon

Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie

Doctor

STATUS 4 (More than ~8%)[DAY 2]
Mafia Goon

Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie

And it will be day, so people can vote at all the status stages.

Also, there's a fair chance that we can pick out the scum pair through pair claims (scum will be against being lynched, you know, while town should cooperate.)

Therefore I think there's about 3/4 or even more likely that one of the two latter outcomes will happen, and I think that's a fair chance to take. After all, in the worst of those two outcomes, with only townies on the town side, the town will have a lynch opportunity D3 and a MYLO on D4.

I hope this makes sense.

Don't claim yet, couples. I'd like to hear what others say about it.

^^^ NOT TLDR. Well, for scum it is =)
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (isolation #3) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:01 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Okay, in that case the most probable outcome is
Goon
Goon

Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie

Cop

Worth it I guess... :/
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (isolation #4) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:16 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Yankee wrote:i think you misunderstand me Robo.

What I am saying is that ONLY one person from each Lover pair claim. That way if we kill the Treacherous lover pair, we know it and only one of the other lovers is claimed so the doctor can protect them from a NK that night.... So we dont risk losing the town lovers in that situation, unless the mafia randomly pick the other lover that night...
The thing is that with the mass-claim of all the lovers, you could easily spot the mafia, as they would be the only one hesitating to commit suicide.

-----

Yankee, that actually makes sense! A protection would make it clear!

-----
DoItRiley wrote:Yeah okay how about we just not mass claim, sound good?
Un-random-vote: DoItRiley
Vote: DoItRiley

Die scum.

-----
Yankee wrote:Also, DLA, i dont understand what you are saying. Most likely outcome? What do you mean by this?
Well, I'm saying that I think the most likely outcome, if both pairs claimed, was that we could pick out the scum from these people, as (s)he would be hesitant to be lynched. However, I forgot that scum would NK the other pair.

Actually, scum only have a 50% chance to NK the right part of the pair, given the doctor's protection.

I say we have 1 person from both lover pairs claim, and kill off one. Then we know the other one is town/scum.

-----
DoItRiley wrote:Well, what DLA did is a bunch of what I like to call "busy work". It looks like a whole bunch of work, time, and effort put in, it looks like to post, but really it's pretty unhelpful and useless at this stage in the game. It's irrelevant. What that did was tell us absolutely nothing.
Well, what DoItRiley did is a bunch of what I like to call "lurk work". It looks like no work, time and effort put in, but really it's pretty unhelpful and useless at this stage in the game. It's irrelevant. What that did was tell us absolutely a lot: that he's scum.

Question DoItRiley, have you played mafia before? How much?

Scum would be the only ones trying to oppose breaking the setup.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (isolation #5) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:20 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Okay, if we had all lovers claim
Goon
Goon

Townie
Townie
Townie[/color]

Cop

Fixed ^^

That's if we had everyone in pairs claim. This way, two votes would be confirmed. This would be helpful in picking out the remaining scum through voting stages.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (isolation #6) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:36 am

Post by DarkLightA »

DoItRiley wrote:Nice OMGUS. Considering your vote has absolutely no logical reasoning behind it that would point to me being scum that's what I'm labeling it as, OMGUS.
DLA wrote:Scum would be the only ones trying to oppose breaking the setup.
-----
XScopion wrote:It was REALLY clear to me that there were 3 scum when I signed up. Scumpoints for what looks like him trying to trick people into thinking there were only 2.
XDXDXDXD That gave me my daily laugh XDXD
-----
XScorpion wrote:Not to mention that I think it's an absolutely horrible idea for massclaim.
Can you give reasoning? What do you oppose in my plan?
-----
DoItRiley wrote:And according to your join date I've been on this site for nine months longer than you.
DoItRiley's profile wrote:Joined: 27 Mar 2010
Fail?
-----

Things I'm waiting for until my next post:
  • Nikanor's comment.
  • DoItRiley's answer to the question: how many games have you played.
Thanks.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (isolation #7) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:26 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Nikanor wrote:
Riley wrote:Yeah okay how about we just not mass claim, sound good?
DLA, how is this a scum tell?
I think that the way Riley totally opposed any ideas, it makes him look like scum... Just not open for ideas, you know?

Bah, I don't know. I guess I'm open for the idea of one of each pair claiming. I was also confused by Nikanor's idea of not lynching the pairs until Yankee's comment.

------------

But look at it this way: given that one from each pair claims, and we RANDOMLY pick one, the chance of hitting scum is 50%.

Outcome 1: Hit scum+town lovers on D1, 50%We'll be 1 townie short, they'll be one goon short. We'll have one confirmed townie, who will not be NKed in night 1, as s/he is protected by the doc.

Outcome 2: Hit town lovers on D1, 50%We'll be 2 townie short, and will lose another (or the doc) during the night, unless the doc gets lucky, but we'll have a person who is either a goon paired with a townie or a townie paired with a goon.

Is it worth it?
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (isolation #8) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:43 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Okay, how about we go with the "safety net" procedure?

Mod: Vote count.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (isolation #9) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:14 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Yankee wrote:Actually I was in the middle of posting something about your last post Nikanor about how I didnt understand how claiming lovers today and not lynching them made any sense, but then i thought about it for a minute, and that is like a safety net almost. The town lovers probably wouldnt be NK'ed because that would give away the treacherous lover pair, and even if they were, then we can choose to kill the other lover pair the next day, or just keep scum hunting knowing that the treacherous lover is in that lover group (i would vote to lynch personally). The only drawback I see to this is it may complicate things later on in the game when we get close to lylo, it could pose major problems if we dont lynch a lover pair on day one. But a benefit is that the doctor wouldnt be tied down on protecting a lover on Night 1 which is always a plus.
^^ THAT, riley
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (isolation #10) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:19 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Nikanor wrote:How about we
scumhunt
and stop trying to break the setup?
Sure.

QUESTIONS!! JUST TO GET DISCUSSION STARTING!!!!

@All: Are you scum?
@All: Are you town?

Nah....

I'd like everyone to answer this:
Do you think we'd be better off with all the lover pairs dead?

As in, would we be better off like this:
Case 1
Goon
Goon
Lovers: Goon
+
Townie
Lovers: Townie + Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Doctor

Or like this:

Case 2
Goon
Goon
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Doctor

I'll start: I think we're better off in case 2.

So, current list:
  • Nikanor
  • Yankee
  • TheLoneWolf
  • Looker
  • Henry Hathaway
  • Robocopter87
  • XScorpion
  • ksen
  • DoItRiley
  • DarkLightA - Case 2
  • Chronopie
  • easjo682
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (isolation #11) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:20 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Darn it, failed the townie colours :P
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (isolation #12) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:38 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Yankee wrote:Also I just noticed something in post sixty three. You say the treacherous lover most likely doesn't know he is treacherous. On what do you base this since the role pms were posted in this thread for each role.... Very interesting. And I have a suspicion of Nik but idk of I can say why without breaking the rule of talking about other games...
He said that the townie in the treacherous pair doesn't know the partner's scum.
easjo, 63 wrote:the lover who is paired with Treacherous lover is unlikely to know that he is the treacherous lover.
Pretty clear to me.
Nikanor wrote:No. Why are you pushing for a lovers claim and lynch if you think case two is the better one? Actually, I should probably first ask to be sure: are you pushing for a lovers claim and lynch?
It's based on Riley's comment, that scum would kill off the townie lovers and sacrifice the treacherous. I don't know if that's true though....
XScorpion wrote:I think Case 2 is better, but you can't guarantee that we can reach that situation.
Either that, or we have a situation where if the town pair is killed we know the other, still living pair is scum.
XScorpion wrote:Also why are you avoiding scumhunting?
I'm lolling at how you're copying everything everyone else says...
I'm finishing this first, but I'm hunting at the same time. Right now Riley and you are flashing red on my scumdar, and my gut has an odd tendency to be right.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (isolation #13) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:24 pm

Post by DarkLightA »

XScorpion wrote:
DLA wrote:Either that, or we have a situation where if the town pair is killed we know the other, still living pair is scum.
So you think it's worth trading FIVE townies just to nail the treacherous lover?
No, I didn't say that. I said 3 townies

READ UP XSCORPION!

If one person from each lover group claims, then if the town lovers die, we know the other lover is part of the scum+town lover group.

Case 1: Scum NK the town lovers.
Outcome 1: Town lynch scum lovers at day.

Case 2: A town lover is lynched (remember there's one lover we don't know who is).
Outcome 2: Town lynch scum lovers next day.

What do you not like about this idea guys?

@Yankee, XScorpion is for claims (and against??).

---------
Riley wrote:I really did not want my first game on this account to be a loss.
Multis much? Who's your main?

--------

Chronopie - Slight scum read
DoItRiley - Scum read
Easjo - No/Slight town read
Looker - No read
Nikanor - Seems leg. Slight town read
Yankee - Town read
Robocopter - Slight town read
TheLoneWolf - No read
XScorpion - Scum read

----------
XScorpion wrote:Way to go Yankee for completely screwing the
rest of town
Notice how XScorpion says what's bolded in order to attach himself to the idea of "rest of town".

----------
XScorp wrote:75% chance that he's town is pretty high.
This doesn't screw us over, as long as we lynch the right couple today, which has less than 50% chance of happening (scum will try to push for the lynch of the other couple, meanwhile the rest of us have no clue which is the right one). Not to mention that Yankee has forced town into following DLA's plan, which as I stated before, has potential to result in the death of five townies just to get one scum. By the way, we now have to lynch the lover couples over the next two days, otherwise scum get a free shot at the town couple.
So yeah, good job Yankee for getting us into this mess. Did you really not want to do any scumhunting or something? I don't see why else you would jump the gun and go against a TOWN MAJORITY.
XScorpion, you're fluctuating a ton. You don't understand this at all. You're just trying to follow the flow. Do a re-read.

I'll walk you through your post:
XScorp wrote:75% chance that he's town is pretty high.
This doesn't screw us over, as long as we lynch the right couple today, which has less than 50% chance of happening (scum will try to push for the lynch of the other couple, meanwhile the rest of us have no clue which is the right one).
We will possibly be able to see through who is hesitant to being lynched.
XScorp wrote:Not to mention that Yankee has forced town into following DLA's plan, which as I stated before, has potential to result in the death of five townies just to get one scum.
XD.. Talking about something you have no clue about.
Look: The scum are faced with a "if town lovers die then scum+town lovers are revealed to the town".
XScorp wrote:By the way, we now have to lynch the lover couples over the next two days, otherwise scum get a free shot at the town couple.
Huh? No, we're not lynching anyone.
XScorp wrote:So yeah, good job Yankee for getting us into this mess.
Thanks Yankee for starting this. We're not lynching you.
XScorp wrote:Did you really not want to do any scumhunting or something? I don't see why else you would jump the gun and go against a TOWN MAJORITY.
Seeing as the TOWN doesn't UNDERSTAND as you displayed (although you're scum), then I don't think there's a problem.

-----

@Looker: You have some catching up to do.

-------
easjo682 wrote:
what do you mean "we now have to lynch the lover couples over the next two days, otherwise scum get a free shot at the town couple"? That makes absolutely no sense to me.... For one, if the scum Night kill the town lover then they totally sacrifice the treacherous lover and ends up ending badly for them. And you assume that everyone that voted against claiming lovers is town since you say I did something against the "town majority"? In fact it benefits scum more in my opinion to have the lovers not claim so in my opinion the scum are most likely on the not claiming list therefore I did not vote against the town majority. Top 3 suspects to me right now is XScorpion, Nikanor, and Chronopie.

Someone from the other lover pair needs to claim.
they don't need to claim, in fact it seems foolish to claim. and Yankee seeing as you did claim lover and you want us to lynch the lovers I'm going to vote for you never mind that I think its a false claim

Vote:Yankee
*FACE PALM*
*FACE PALM*
*FACE PALM*
*FACE PALM*
*FACE PALM*
*FACE PALM*
*FACE PALM*
*FACE PALM*
*FACE PALM*
*FACE PALM*
*FACE PALM*
*FACE PALM*

NO! WE ARE NOT LYNCHING ANY LOVERS TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (isolation #14) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:29 pm

Post by DarkLightA »

EVERYONE READ THIS:

...cause obviously 75% of you don't know what's going on.
Yankee wrote:Actually I was in the middle of posting something about your last post Nikanor about how I didnt understand how claiming lovers today and not lynching them made any sense, but then i thought about it for a minute, and that is like a safety net almost. The town lovers probably wouldnt be NK'ed because that would give away the treacherous lover pair, and even if they were, then we can choose to kill the other lover pair the next day, or just keep scum hunting knowing that the treacherous lover is in that lover group (i would vote to lynch personally). The only drawback I see to this is it may complicate things later on in the game when we get close to lylo, it could pose major problems if we dont lynch a lover pair on day one. But a benefit is that the doctor wouldnt be tied down on protecting a lover on Night 1 which is always a plus.
Also it'd be nice if you read the whole topic instead of barging in with no clue about what we're doing.

@Riley: Are you by any chance SensFan?
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (isolation #15) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:19 am

Post by DarkLightA »

IF YOU ARE A TOWN LOVER BUT NOT YANKEE'S LOVER, THEN CLAIM NOW OTHERWISE TOWN WON'T WIN!!!

Geez....
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (isolation #16) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:16 am

Post by DarkLightA »

why would scum claim lover? XD
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (isolation #17) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:13 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Robocopter87 wrote:Oh ya, thats right.....
But hypothetically,
If Yankees partner is the treacherous lover and Yankee just claimed. Would they NK Yankee and effectively kill a Mafia or would they lynch a random person in hopes to kill the Doc or the other Lover pair? I mean, what is the most probable scum reaction?
No, the point is that if we have one from both pairs claim, then if the mafia kill the town pair, we know that the other is scum so we can lynch it. Scum won't kill treacherous pair.
DLA wrote:why would scum claim lover? XD
because the town has practically said its not going to go with the lynch all lovers idea, so claiming lover makes it less likely for people to lynch him [/quote]
Did you notice that I wrote in big bold letters that everyone had to read a quote that I posted? Well, if you'd read that you'd have understood that we AREN'T LYNCHING LOVERS!!!! We're getting them to claim, that way the scum CAN'T KILL OFF THE TOWN LOVERS. If the other pair don't claim, and Yankee's part of the town pair, then we're screwed.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (isolation #18) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:34 am

Post by DarkLightA »

DLA wrote:
easjo wrote:
DLA wrote:why would scum claim lover? XD
because the town has practically said its not going to go with the lynch all lovers idea, so claiming lover makes it less likely for people to lynch him
Did you notice that I wrote in big bold letters that everyone had to read a quote that I posted? Well, if you'd read that you'd have understood that we AREN'T LYNCHING LOVERS!!!! We're getting them to claim, that way the scum CAN'T KILL OFF THE TOWN LOVERS. If the other pair don't claim, and Yankee's part of the town pair, then we're screwed.
Sorry, quote failed
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (isolation #19) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:48 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Guys, don't lynch anyone claiming pairs. We now have the advantage of knowing who the treacherous lover pair is if the town pair dies.

Thanks Chronopie =)

@Looker, I just don't get a read. sorry.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (isolation #20) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:20 am

Post by DarkLightA »

DarkLightA wrote:
EVERYONE READ THIS:

...cause obviously 75% of you don't know what's going on.
Also it'd be nice if you read the whole topic instead of barging in with no clue about what we're doing.

@Riley: Are you by any chance SensFan?
An IQ of 30 is needed to open a door.
An IQ of 70 is needed to surf the internet.
An IQ of 50 is needed to read that quote.
So do it!!

WE ARE NOT LYNCHING LOVERS!
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (isolation #21) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:54 am

Post by DarkLightA »

@Robo: it says in the role PMs displayed the names of the other mafias (Player 1, Player 2).
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (isolation #22) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:12 am

Post by DarkLightA »

For some reason ksen gives me immediate scum vibes.

I think Yankee's part of the town pair.

I think Chronopie's town, but the partner's scum.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (isolation #23) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:31 am

Post by DarkLightA »

XScorpion, ksen and Chronopie's partner are scum. Thanks for playing. It was a nice game =)
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (isolation #24) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:32 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Unvote
Vote: Ksen

@DoItRiley, who is your main??
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (isolation #25) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:59 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Nikanor wrote:OBJECTION!
Something's off here.
How do you know who the claimed lovers' partners are? Even Chronopie states that he doesn't think his partner is scum.
I'm guessing by the play of ksen.

----
ksen wrote:Request #2
DarkLightA wrote:I think Yankee's part of the town pair.

I think Chronopie's town, but the partner's scum.
Please explain your reasoning for thinking Yankee is part of the town pair and Chrono is part the treacherous pair.
Because of
you
. I find you very scummy. You bounced right onto my scum list. But thinking about it, the scum don't know who their treacherous lover's lover is... So:
Unvote
Vote: Ksen

----

@mod: Is quoting/paraphrasing lover quick topics (not including your, the almighty Mod's, posts) legal?

----
XScorpion wrote:We have no options anymore.
Assuming you are the town lover pair, you will die tonight even if we don't lynch you.
unvote
Vote: Yankee
:lol: How many times do I have to say it???

@XSCORPION: IF THE TOWN LOVERS ARE KILLED DURING NIGHT, WE KNOW WHO THE SCUM LOVERS ARE!
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (isolation #26) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:36 am

Post by DarkLightA »

NO FLIPPING WAY!!!!

*Face palm* *Face palm* *Face palm* *Face palm* *Face palm* *Face palm* *Face palm* *Face palm* *Face palm* *Face palm* *Face palm* *Face palm* *Face palm* *Face palm*

This is just stupid.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (isolation #27) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:29 am

Post by DarkLightA »

To all the people voting me, do NOT say that I didn't prevent a no lynch yesterday for the following reasons:
  • Why didn't you prevent it yourself?
  • If you'd have read the topic, you'd have realized that all I did yesterday was trying preventing a no lynch.
Stop blaming me! It's not my fault!! Blame the frigging people that didn't vote! ffs... You're really angering me guys..

Oh My God U Suck vote: XScorpion

Because yes, XScorpion, you suck.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (isolation #28) » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:49 am

Post by DarkLightA »

V/No access until 28th or even longer depending on the ash cloud movements.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (isolation #29) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:45 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Okay, I'm back... Forgotten a whole bunch... Who are the lovers? I know chronopie is.

Holding my vote for now, but easjo seems good.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (isolation #30) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:17 am

Post by DarkLightA »

vote: easjo

That's L-2.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA