VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:48 am

Post by VP Baltar »

We had no choice.

I moved quickly for the door, but he stopped me.
"Wait a minute,"
he said.
"We're almost out of whiskey."

He was right. The Old Crow pint was empty except for a few drops in one corner, and the bars would not open for three hours.

"Don't worry,"
he said.
"I know where there's more. Upstairs in the president's office."

Vote Count 1-18
:

Jack ~ L-2 (Zachrulez, Sotty7, ortolan, Jahudo, Locke Lamora)

hohum ~ L-3 (Percy, Jack, ekiM, xRECKONERx)
ortolan ~ L-5 (Vi, Debonair Danny DiPietro)
xRECKONERx ~ L-6 (hohum)

Not Voting:

With
alive, it takes
to lynch. Deadline is April 2 at roughly 3 p.m. (GMT -4).
Last edited by VP Baltar on Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:48 am

Post by Vi »

Locke Lamora 447 wrote:Vi: because that's exactly what I thought about Reckoner.
When I played with town-Reck,
he never expressed a desire to give up despite being wagoned to claiming on D1. His 'lynch me' post was a clear departure from that and I immediately thought exactly what ortolan did.
May I see that game?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:48 am

Post by Jahudo »

Huzzah! Though after looking at Vi's case on ortolan... I kinda like it.

Ort's vote on kyle didn't take into account that he had replaced out of another game. Which is something easy to search for, and should be looked into if you know your suspect can't defend against it, since he replaced out. So his kyle vote looked too easy.

And part of ort's case on Jack was contradictory to his own playstyle. He doesn't like unexplained gut reads, but ort has made unexplained gut reads in this game:
ort wrote:I'm also either neutral on or dislike all of Locke Lamora's posts thus far.
ort wrote:I just isoed kyle, the only scummy thing I noticed is...<snip>...
Which is kind of a weird thing to say.
I still don't see the lurking, though I didn't get to read him in real time so maybe that's it. And all this personal stuff, I don't like how his suspicion on Vi went into non-alignment attacks like questioning Vi's lynch-resistant essence (what do you call it, authority or popularity that never gets you lynched?) in 420, and ad hom in 421 by saying he dislikes Vi. If he felt this way going into the game, and it should stand to reason that he would based on all this meta he brought up late, he would have addressed this earlier. It all looks suspect to me, coming under pressure and being unraveled.

1. Jack 2. ortolan 3. Locke 4. Vi (everybody else looks town to me right now)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:01 am

Post by Vi »

Jahudo 451 wrote:Huzzah!
:balrog:
Jahudo 451 wrote:(what do you call it, authority or popularity that never gets you lynched?)
I'm good at what I do.
It's certainly not popularity.
I don't think anyone who has never played with me (flinter, Jack, kyle99, ekiM, Locke Lamora? in this game) thinks I have much authority.

What did you think of the "jumping on easy wagons" accusation?
(wagons were ekiM - semi-random, 4th on xRx, 3rd on flinter, bullied into 1st on hohum, 2nd on kyle as you saw, and 4th on Jack as soon as Jack called him out for the kyle vote)

Talking of ekiM, I'd like to see what he has to say about what has gone on recently.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:14 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Vi: Lost Mafia. It's on my wiki.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:59 am

Post by ekiM »

Well, gee, that's four people who have replaced out or threatened to. I guess they're not all scum. Forty-eight hours to make a decision. Will ort's replacement even catch up in that time?

Oh well, re-reading.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:08 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Vi wrote:I'd love to have DDD lecture you on this.
"Individual seeks to punish opposition with speech from overbearing bore"

~~~

But I'm not comfortable making a judgement on hohum's play without knowing rec's alignment which I think swings the situation dramatically.

~~~

People, we've got a second chance; that means there's still time for you to help us wagon ortolan. Go go go!
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:16 am

Post by Jahudo »

Vi wrote:I don't think anyone who has never played with me (flinter, Jack, kyle99, ekiM, Locke Lamora? in this game) thinks I have much authority.
They don't need to, Professor Paragon. Anyway, it was only one of a few possible ideas on why he'd bring up the idea that you're hard to lynch. But in any case that I can think of, it seemed like reactionary defamation to explain why you aren't lynched here and now. And I don't see that coming from town, even if they're about to be lynched. So let's lynch him.

Vote: ortolan
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:33 am

Post by Jack »

I like an orto lynch just fine, but I don't quite know what to make of the rant/replacement request.

[quote="Percy]Seriously, people who sign up for awesome games and replace out SUCK. If you're not enjoying yourself, at least try to learn something rather than ruining the game for the rest of us with your ragequitting. For the people who replace into games, you're awesome and I love you. [/quote]

You have to admit me and Jahudo are a lot cooler than flinter and kyle.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:56 am

Post by Zachrulez »

I don't have an issue with an ortolan lynch, given the bulk of his posting, the horrible attacks on Vi, and the fact that the suspicion surfaced right after Vi started suspecting him.

I still prefer a Jack lynch though... maybe even a Locke lynch.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:28 am

Zachrulez wrote:I don't have an issue with an ortolan lynch, given the bulk of his posting, the horrible attacks on Vi, and the fact that the suspicion surfaced right after Vi started suspecting him.

I still prefer a Jack lynch though... maybe even a Locke lynch.
Well a Locke lynch is quite obviously not happening and the momentum for a Jack lynch (which I'd suggest was never there in the first place) has dissapeared as well. An ortolan lynch on the other hand is new, fresh, and happening and with your support, yes you, we can do this. Sí, se puede.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:42 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Percy 428: "I'm too tired and drunk to make a post with content... but I'll be damned if I'm not too tired and drunk to make a neat graphic to go with my post"
green shirt thursdays
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:14 am

Post by ekiM »

Jahudo wrote:@Vi: Did you elaborate on the "locked on" thing? Is that something hohum has done before? (I can't remember if it was in bebop or another game I should know about)
ekiM wrote:OK... and what about the strongest points against him? The way he declared his xRx vote final for threatening to replace out, what do you think about that. The way he didn't make that final vote for an hour and felt the need to provide a link to back it up. The way he completely ignored his other suspect flinter replacing out, while throwing the book at Rec for threatening it.
He didn't say his vote was final in 209. It came two days later in response to Vi, who asked him if his vote was "locked on".

So what does the hour refer to?

As for making a vote final, no I don't think that's scummy. Taking ownership of a wagon the way it stands basically says you stand by your case points and you're open to criticism, wagon analysis, etc later on. I think this is different than sitting on a wagon because you can't use the defense that the hammer occurred before you were ready.

It is a valid contradiction that hohum didn't say he was suspicious of flinter for replacing out, which he could have done even though his reck vote was final. But he did say he wanted to lynch Jack after reck in a recent post, which I can believe is a product of making his reck vote final.
I feel like the hohum case keeps getting misrepresented or understood. Let's put it all in the same place.

Why hohum is scum

Timing of his xRx vote

Read this page. http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... &start=200.

202 - xRx - "K. Lynch me. This game does not interest me in the slightest."

4 hours later, 205, 207 - hohum ignores xRx, talks to Percy. 207 is a summary of his Percy case, with a bunch of links to previous posts. A lot of effort to make.

An hour after 205, 209 - hohum decides to go for xRx "It wouldn't be fair to replace someone into his sinking ship now."

hohum later finalized his vote for xRx, on no extra evidence, so he thinks what xRx is bad enough to be auto-worth a lynch, final vote, no questions asked.

If it's that bad, you don't ignore it for an hour after coming to the thread. If it's that bad, you don't spend half an hour finding links to your case on someone else. If something is that bad you'd just vote. So I don't believe he was sincere.

Supporting link for his xRx vote

hohum included a link in his vote for xRx. Now, if what xRx did is as bad as all that, why the need to search for supporting evidence? If you're that confident in your reasoning, shouldn't it stand by itself? He feels the need for cover, because he doesn't actually believe his vote.

Additionally, the link doesn't even support his vote. In the link BC was under pressure and replaced out without warning. xRx said "lynch me, I'm bored". BC behaved more like flinter did. Speaking of which...

Ignoring flinter

Flinter replaced out under pressure without warning, just like BC did in the game hohum linked to. When hohum comes back to the thread a day later, he has no comment on flinter doing something he apparently considers scummy and lynch worthy. All he does is finalize his vote for xRx. He doesn't even consider or mention flinter. When pressed about flinter by Percy he reverts to "well, I suspect them both, of course, stop putting words in my mouth". If he really suspected flinter too, why not mention it at all? Why is his vote locked on xRx if flinter has done the offence he actually linked to?

General approach to the day

What has hohum actually done today? He had a pointless spat with Percy where many word were written without saying anything. He locked his final vote onto xRx for saying "lynch me". He's talked some shit about people. That's about it. He has virtually no interaction with me, DDD, kyle, Locke, ortolan, Sotty, Zach. More than half the game. I think this is a position scum would love to be in.

So, because he initially ignored xRx's "lynch me" when apparently it's an auto-lynch; because he felt the need to cover himself with a link; because that link doesn't even support the point he was making; because he blatantly ignored flinter doing exactly what he linked to; and because he's kept all real interactions today to just two players, he's scum.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:14 am

Post by Jack »

Kyle replaced out of this game and another game (where a cop had a guilty on him) with the same message, but he's still involved in games on the site.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:22 am

Post by ekiM »

DDD wrote:Well a Locke lynch is quite obviously not happening and the momentum for a Jack lynch (which I'd suggest was never there in the first place) has dissapeared as well. An ortolan lynch on the other hand is new, fresh, and happening and with your support, yes you, we can do this. Sí, se puede.
Quite a few people have said they'd support a locke lynch. Maybe it's time for a new chart.
Jack wrote:Kyle replaced out of this game and another game (where a cop had a guilty on him) with the same message, but he's still involved in games on the site.
Which ones please?
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:23 am

Post by ekiM »

By the way Jahudo, unvotes are required.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:25 am

Post by ekiM »

Interested in lynches on: hohum, ortolan, Locke.

We have about 48 hours.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:27 am

Post by Jack »

Seemingly normal he replaced out, then something like open211 he was still in.

Interested in: hohum, ortolan,.......... kyle over xReck.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:54 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Cobalt replaces ortolan effective immediately. Having given it some consideration, I will go ahead and extend deadline further to Saturday given the disruption that ortolan's last minute replacement caused. This deadline is set and will not be moved again. Thank you everyone for your patience.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:58 am

ekiM wrote:
DDD wrote:Well a Locke lynch is quite obviously not happening and the momentum for a Jack lynch (which I'd suggest was never there in the first place) has dissapeared as well. An ortolan lynch on the other hand is new, fresh, and happening and with your support, yes you, we can do this. Sí, se puede.
Quite a few people have said they'd support a locke lynch. Maybe it's time for a new chart.
I'm sorry I didn't take the entirely hypothetical tied for fifth-largest possible bandwagon, that no one has shown any inclination of actually moving on, seriously. How could I be that silly?

~~~

Sucks to be Cobalt.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:59 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Thank God.

I'll have something later tonight.
green shirt thursdays
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:22 am

Post by ekiM »

Over the last couple of pages I see support for Locke wagon from: Jahudo, Zach, Vi, ekiM, Sotty(?), DDD(?) . We have two days. It's plausible.

By the way, it would be really swell if everybody could say EXPLICITLY which wagons they are now interested in, as Jack and I have done. Then I won't need all those question marks, we can see where we're at, and hopefully we'll not be in a massive rush at the last minute.

I should say, I'm traveling Saturday so it's possible I won't be around at deadline.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:22 am

Post by ekiM »

three days*
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:18 am

Post by hohum »

ITT townies have ADHD.

We're headed in a general direction of fucking ourselves.

but since I no longer have xRec wagon support
unvote

and I'm going to use a day or so to catch up and post.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:51 pm

Post by Vi »

Debonair Danny DiPietro 456 wrote:
Vi wrote:I'd love to have DDD lecture you on this.
"Individual seeks to punish opposition with speech from overbearing bore"
...end quote.
xRx 461 wrote:Percy 428: "I'm too tired and drunk to make a post with content... but I'll be damned if I'm not too tired and drunk to make a neat graphic to go with my post"
...which is one neat graphic more than your average post?

---
ekiM 467 wrote:hohum later finalized his vote for xRx, on no extra evidence, so he thinks what xRx is bad enough to be auto-worth a lynch, final vote, no questions asked.
Juuuuuuuuust checking, but did you read that me vs. Jahudo discussion earlier?

The whole conspiracy about hohum "waiting" before accusing xRx is utter dreck. In case you missed it, hohum was multiposting, catching up to each response as he saw it. This should be obvious by how hohum finally got to flinter's post "don't lynch xRx" long after she actually made it and hohum had already responded to earlier posts twice.

The point about including a link in your vote is also not very good. If you have a meta argument, you back it up. Aside from that, flinter never threatened to replace out like xRx did.

The point about ignoring flinter is kind of not based in reality, because from where I'm sitting flinter replaced out
just after hohum quasi-flamed her
. You call that ignorance?

And what interests me most is that you're one of the few people who is really pushing for a popular lynch right now in a game where most people are lost and have a bunch of vague suspicions.
"Scum Want To Control Lynch, Fight To Maintain Status Quo When Beneficial", end quote.

To answer your first objection immediately, yes, I've ignored you all Day... for rather stupid reasons tbh. (Unlike flinter I didn't take your reading-the-rules-post as a Town-tell, but rather a PR tell.) I think you need some microscope time.
Jack 463 wrote:Kyle replaced out of this game and another game (where a cop had a guilty on him) with the same message, but he's still involved in games on the site.
:?

---

I haven't had time to read the xRx meta game (or the kyle game). I'll get around to it sometime.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”