Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:01 am

Post by xvart »

llamaeatataco wrote:
vote: xvart
I
hate
puns.
GASP! You know what they say: puns are the lowest form of humor, unless you thought of it yourself.

I would vote for you for hating puns alone, but I don't want to be accused of OMGUS-ing. :lol:

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (isolation #2) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:20 am

Post by xvart »

Kast wrote:-It's nice playing a game with a clearly defined (flavor-wise) scum group.
Yes, can all the members of the Covenant please identify yourselves?

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (isolation #3) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:14 am

Post by xvart »

xRECKONERx wrote:
Vote: AlamasterGM
. This is not a random vote. I will not provide reasoning.
As annoying as this is, I have seen something similar in a previous (ended) game.

This person essentially said there was a reason behind it, but would not give any details. Stuart ended up being town and the person he voted for with no provided justification was scum. I still don't think I ever got the justification and it was not role related information. Of course, now that Reckoner has said some nonsense about 74.xx% I guess the two aren't exactly comparable.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (isolation #4) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:09 am

Post by xvart »

Boss: Cruelty

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (isolation #5) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:55 am

Post by xvart »

pman5595 wrote:
unvote

I'll observe a little more before voting
So have you observed anything that warrants a revote? You have posted several times but have not really said anything. I didn't even realize you self voted in your first post.

Unvote
Vote: pman5595

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (isolation #6) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:36 pm

Post by xvart »

xRECKONERx wrote:xvart.

You don't need to sign every one of your posts in such a pretentious manner. We know who the fuck you are.

xRECKONERx
Wow. What is the deal lately. I've played a handful of games here and am now getting constant flak for simply writing my name at the end of my posts? Maybe it's because I'm playing some games now with the big dogs? It's a habit from other forums and should be read with no pretentious intent.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (isolation #7) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:05 am

Post by xvart »

Sorry guys. Gonna catch up later today and post some actual content.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (isolation #8) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:41 am

Post by xvart »

Kast (43) - I agree that cross player meta analysis isn't really helpful. I guess I was more saying it as a reason I wasn't going land blast him to get the information.

DoS admits he is perceived as scummy - I don't like this.
DoS
- Why does playing methodically make you appear scum? I wouldn't think that being hard to read makes you more likely to be scum. Who has told you this?

I agree that at this point someone lurking/scummy is more problematic than someone just plain scummy.

Pman was being half sarcastic with his claim to self vote. Why is the other half not sarcastic?

Also, can you explain your frustration about finally voting someone and the day continuing? You get frustrated for not really contributing and then when you are sure of your target no one listens to you? Or frustrated that it isn't obvious to everyone else why your target should be quicklynched? Or another reason?

Finally, you say you only vote when you are sure about scum; so your vote on yourself means you are scum?

I'm fine with my vote where it is.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (isolation #9) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:13 am

Post by xvart »

pman5595 wrote:I'm debating between talking sense in to all of you or replacing out.
Not much of a debate if you attempt to "talking sense into us"
and
replace out. At least you didn't bus anyone, right?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (isolation #10) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by xvart »

xRECKONERx wrote:Also: what are thoughts on a mass name claim?
I'm fine with a name claim; I was actually going to breadcrumb mine today since I didn't recognize the opportunity yesterday.

I think some pressure on the opposing wagon is a good idea. I can't see both scum being on the pman wagon, unless the last scum was on it early and couldn't get off once it really got rolling.

Vote: jasonT1981

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (isolation #11) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:37 pm

Post by xvart »

Well both Jason and jeromus have been heavy lurkers, but Jason only has 2 posts. Seemed like a good place to start.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (isolation #12) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:32 pm

Post by xvart »

Holy shit.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (isolation #13) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:44 pm

Post by xvart »

DragonsofSummer wrote:(because I know the alignments of 3 people on the pman wagon, and have strong opinions about 2 of the others being town)
How do you know the alignment of three people on the pman wagon? Masons?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (isolation #14) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:06 am

Post by xvart »

DragonsofSummer wrote:Two died and I know my alignment?
Gotcha. The way it was written made me think of insider information.
AlmasterGM wrote:In case you guys missed it:

JASON IS SCUM.
lol.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (isolation #15) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:14 pm

Post by xvart »

I'm fine with a massclaim.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (isolation #16) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:23 pm

Post by xvart »

I am Captain Keyes. I have a one-shot gun that I can give to someone at anytime.

Next: Reckoner

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (isolation #17) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:37 am

Post by xvart »

llamaeatataco wrote:Half vig and gunsmith aren't very good power roles if you think about it. The vig would get at most one shot off, and the gunsmith could give his single gun to the mafia. What the hell would a motivator do? Make kills super-effective? PGO ended up hurting the town as much as helping it, in my opinion.

Reckoner, explain yourself!
Yes, please. I didn't give my gun to anyone the first night because I naturally think everyone is scum so I didn't feel comfortable giving it to anyone. I was going to give it to Reckoner the second night (if the game continued), but then I just got this weird sensation reading and rereading his posts prior to the day one end.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (isolation #18) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:10 pm

Post by xvart »

Well just because I give my gun to someone does not mean they have to use it. I could give my gun to Master Chief and he doesn't have to use it, but would be able to confirm receipt.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (isolation #19) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:05 pm

Post by xvart »

I can give it at anytime, but it can only be used at night. It also does not have to be used the first night after being given; so whomever I give it to will have it forever.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (isolation #20) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:13 pm

Post by xvart »

I gave my gun to llama. I also asked if he is notified immediately or if it waits until night.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (isolation #21) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:36 pm

Post by xvart »

llama will get confirmation now that he has received the gun I passed him.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (isolation #22) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:03 am

Post by xvart »

cruelty wrote:i didn't see anywhere xvart stating that scum can't receive a gun.
Although I haven't asked specifically, I think it would be pretty stupid to think that scum could not receive the gun if presented with it.
DragonsofSummer wrote:I am Sir Terrance Hood, the Supreme commander of the UNSC Fleet. My flavor is that while I am of high rank in the navy it offers me no benefit while on the ring (so effectively I'm a vanilla townie). I win when all threats to the town are gone.
DoS
- It's actually Terrence, but no big deal there. Also, can you expand on your flavor of why you have no benefit on the Halo? Is it because you are in the Navy? Or because you are so high ranked?

Reck
- what's changed between these two posts? Do you think that Master Chief would be a fake claim provided by the mod? Or would scum really have the balls to claim Master Chief, the most notorious and well known Halo Hero in the Halo universe?
xRECKONERx in 188 wrote:I don't think Master Chief would be a scum PR in a Halo flavored game.
xRECKONERx in 197 wrote:So I will end up lynching DoS or llama today. Leaning heavily towards DoS.
xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (isolation #23) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:08 am

Post by xvart »

Reckoner - you seem to be eager to help with all your town list posts and analyzing role distribution, but it is riddled with misinformation. First
xRECKONERx, 182 wrote:xvart - gunsmith
I'm not even close to a gunsmith. I'm not an investigative role at all.
xRECKONERx, 185 wrote:Furthermore, gunsmith or whatever can't hurt town.
I can easily hurt the town by giving them two night kills instead of just one.
xRECKONERx wrote:I have a hard time seeing PRs outnumber VTs in a mini.
I can easily see the distribution being the way it is because all the power roles are handicapped one way or another:
  1. I have be extra careful to give my gun to someone who is town AND will make a smart decision and not kill town;
  2. llama can only shoot every other day;
  3. I don't know what the motivator did exactly, but aren't there similar roles (engineer maybe) that gives items but sometimes the items do not have the desired effect (pure speculation); and,
  4. PGO - with a lot of town targeting this is a huge liability for the town.
The town is not over powered; we just got lucky with scum targeting the PGO in addition to a townperson since unless scum have a roleblocker they only have one chance to target the PGO each n ight whereas it appears on any given night the town could have had four people targeting for whatever reason. So despite your best efforts to make PGO sound power neutral by calling it null, it is a huge disadvantage in this particular game.

Why don't you think that scum would just claim vanilla townie? In fact, I'm positive that is what happened. I think you tried to topple your deck of cards constructed theorycrafting balancing act by exposing me as the least likely to be a real role. Then, when I confirmed myself, you went after two other people, one of which you said the following comments about:
  1. I don't think Master Chief would be a scum PR in a Halo flavored game.
  2. I'm tending to agree with cruelty. So I will end up lynching DoS or llama today.
So you are saying there is a strong chance that you might lynch llama, the person you don't think would be a scum PR, today?

preview edit:
xRECKONERx, 201 wrote:Nothing changed - I still think Master Chief is a town role based on flavor alone... but then again, it's "outguessing the mod" like that that can lead to townfails.
I'm willing to believe that the most epic hero and the person responsible for saving humanity is not scum.
xRECKONERx, 201 wrote:I think scum got fakeclaims... it's standard procedure in flavor-defined faction games like this to provide standard safeclaims for the scum.
I totally believe that scum got fake claims. I find it hard to believe that the remaining scum would get the fake claim Master Chief. I think scum would be more likely to get something like, I don't know, "Sgt. Avery Johnson."

I still want answers to my questions from DoS, but for now I'm going to

FoS: xRECKONERx

If it was an even night this would be over because llama could shoot two people tonight, scum would kill either llama or me, and the last man standing would make for a town win.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (isolation #24) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:15 am

Post by xvart »

I was trying to get a response out before I left for Dallas, but didn't have time. I will try and post tonight when I arrive.

Mod: I will have Limited Access until Sunday.

xvart..
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (isolation #25) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:20 pm

Post by xvart »

Sorry about my absence the last couple of days. Didn't get as much internet time as I had originally thought. After reading all the exchanges I think Reckoner is the most viable lynch. He goes from "llama's claim being the most believable" to he's "going to lynch either DoS or llama" to him "not lynching llama."

Unvote
Vote: xRECKONERx

@llama - was there anything in the flavor of you receiving my gun saying you could hand it off to someone else? The reason I couldn't use it was because it wasn't loaded, so maybe you can hand it back, loaded?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (isolation #26) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:31 am

Post by xvart »

Good game. Scum did implode. That's only the second time I've made it to endgame as town and I was getting pretty nervous because the other time I totally botched it and lost the game. I was pretty confident that Reckoner was the scum, but I didn't want to blow it again. I certainly wasn't buying any of that I lead the pman lynch stuff because the first thing I would have done if I was pman's scummate was string him up in a lynch of glory.

Despite Reck's feelings, I liked the setup, for the reasons we discussed about the possibilities of town liabilities in the power roles.
With great power comes great responsibility.
I suppose I could have felt differently had I been the only scum at the end of D2 or had it swung the other direction. It could really be a really swingy game (as it was) but I find that fun.

Reck - you did play a great game up until the lyncher scene, as I really was going to give you my gun that night. There was just something about that whole lyncher scene that was itching the back of my mind, and I was trying to view it from a scum point of view (a cop outting someone as scum who wasn't scum).

Thanks, Shotty, for modding this game!

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (isolation #27) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:50 am

Post by xvart »

llamaeatataco wrote:Well, I guess it's just as well that I didn't get a chance to try my awesomesauce plan. See, in addition to having a nightkill, I also got one time nightkill immunity due to my awesome shields. So, the plan was to lynch today and have the scum shoot me, leaving us with a mislynch and time for me to blast the scum. I actually wasn't able to doubleshoot with xvart's gun, but I figured making myself seem as overpowered as possible would be the best way to draw the nightkill.
I was wondering if there was any other power you might have as Master Chief, because it was a little challenging believing that Master Chief could only fire his gun every other night. I only mentioned the part about passing the gun back to put a little WIFOM in terms of where the additional gun might be for the scum in deciding to kill the confirmed townie with an unconfirmed kill or the unconfirmed townie with a confirmed kill.

That would have been an "awesomesauce" plan, lol.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (isolation #28) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:42 am

Post by xvart »

AlmasterGM wrote:I agree with the swingy but not unbalanced sentiment.
And the fact that the swinginess was apparent (at least to me based on my role) and could have occurred due to poor town decisions. The internal dialogue I had with myself each day leading up to night was atrocious. I assumed that if I gave the gun to scum it would allow an additional NK which worried me greatly. I guess it turned out better that I kept the gun anyway since I was able to confirm myself that way.

Reckoner - just out of curiosity, if I had gave you the gun the night you killed Jeromus
and
you were able to kill again, who would you have killed?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”