tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:20 am

Post by Kast »

@Cruelty-
Meta has been mentioned, but only as support for
the claim that your current behavior is anti-town/active lurking.
I thought this was quite clear. Then again, the original posts themselves were also pretty clearly written.
You are hard to read and often come across as scummy.
Do you plan on making an effort to play in a pro-town manner this game, or are you just going to continue doing whatever you fee like?
This one is more subtle, but the question makes it clear that he thinks your posting so far is not in a pro-town manner. However, the appeal to meta is not used as a reason for attacking you, nor is your behavior so far. The question sets up for an attack if you maintain your current behavior.
Through random votes out with no reason whatsoever, no other text, ignore what other people have said and
be the embodiment of active lurking?
Pretty straightforward and direct. Nothing about meta; just references to your behavior so far.

@Llamaseatataco-
Anyway... Cruelty, I'm glad you were very nice and decided to post a random vote. Next time, put something else in there with your vote, even if it is just to comment on what else is going on.

unvote, vote: cruelty
Did you not see Kast's post?
The green seems a bit different message from the preceding paragraph. I'm also a bit wary from the appeal to my post as some authority.

@DoS-
-I see significant differences between what you describe and cruelty's current behavior/situation. To be clear, do you actually see no reason why Llamas or AGM would pick cruelty over you; or are you simply making them post their reason(s)?
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
pman5595
pman5595
Goon
pman5595
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:10 am

Post by pman5595 »

Ah, look votes!

<3
Current Games: [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13952]Mini 957[/url]
Record: Town- 0W/0L, Mafia- 2W/2L, Other- 0W/0L
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:03 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

^ More pman votes plz.
green shirt thursdays
pman5595
pman5595
Goon
pman5595
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:08 am

Post by pman5595 »

if you continue to make suggestions like that expect a vote from me.
Current Games: [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13952]Mini 957[/url]
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:18 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

green shirt thursdays
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:27 am

Post by cruelty »

Nope, don't feel the need to address it.
the nexus of the crisis
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:30 am

Post by bv310 »

I'm so confused. I hate when people do the whole "Vote me!" thing.
pman5595
pman5595
Goon
pman5595
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:32 am

Post by pman5595 »

I was being half sarcastic. I don't like when people are too eager to jump in and get a vote. I didn't do anything scummy so when people voted me it kind of ticked me off.
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:36 am

Post by bv310 »

I saw the sarcasm, it still annoys me. Just a pet peeve.

As for the second part of your statement, there's no reason to get ticked off. The whole RVS is based on wagoning people until someone cracks. Once one person gets out of hand, scum will jump all over that.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:51 am

Post by Kast »

Minor point:
cruelty wrote:you've completed one (i think) game with me, pretty outstanding meta read you have.
AGM wrote:I've played with cruelty multiple times.
Which of the above is true?

@Cruelty-
-To be clear, you don't feel any need to address the claim that your behavior is anti-town and/or active lurking.

-You did feel the need to address the point that your normal meta is to be anti-town and to active lurk. You feel that point falsely characterizes you as scummy based on meta instead of looking at how you actually are in this game. Is this correct?

@All-
Prolly not going to post anymore today. Enjoy your weekends and Happy Easter to all!
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:55 am

Post by xvart »

pman5595 wrote:
unvote

I'll observe a little more before voting
So have you observed anything that warrants a revote? You have posted several times but have not really said anything. I didn't even realize you self voted in your first post.

Unvote
Vote: pman5595

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

xvart.

You don't need to sign every one of your posts in such a pretentious manner. We know who the fuck you are.

xRECKONERx
green shirt thursdays
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:36 pm

Post by xvart »

xRECKONERx wrote:xvart.

You don't need to sign every one of your posts in such a pretentious manner. We know who the fuck you are.

xRECKONERx
Wow. What is the deal lately. I've played a handful of games here and am now getting constant flak for simply writing my name at the end of my posts? Maybe it's because I'm playing some games now with the big dogs? It's a habit from other forums and should be read with no pretentious intent.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

pman5595
pman5595
Goon
pman5595
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:38 pm

Post by pman5595 »

xvart wrote:
pman5595 wrote:
unvote

I'll observe a little more before voting
So have you observed anything that warrants a revote? You have posted several times but have not really said anything. I didn't even realize you self voted in your first post.

Unvote
Vote: pman5595

xvart.
My playstyle is to observe and be more sure than others might be when voting. However, once I have decided on my preferable lynch(es) for the day, I get mad and frustrated when the day goes on. Just an explanation of me not voting FOUR PAGES INTO THE GAME, and a warning for later on.
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:30 pm

Post by llamaeatataco »

cruelty:
early scumreads, llama, agm.
Obvious OMGUS FoS is obvious.

Kast (hereby referred to as 'goomba guy'):
The green seems a bit different message from the preceding paragraph. I'm also a bit wary from the appeal to my post as some authority.

The preceding paragraph was me being sarcastic. I do that a lot.

@DoS: There's a difference between 'hard to read' and 'hard to read because of constant anti-town behavior.' I only count you as the first because you say you are and other people seem to agree. Cruelty is the second because of his actions so far. I'd pick him over you because (presumably) you will be at least seeming to contribute to the game if you are mafia, giving me material to work with.

@Cruelty: Are you trolling or just a VI?

@Pman: 'Observe a little more' is sort of a scum mindset, don'tcha think? If you are town, you shouldn't have anything to lose by voting for who you think is scum. You aren't putting people in danger unless there's a pre-existing wagon and it gives us more information on you to work with. As scum, voting = stepping on toes = higher priority for a lynch. You don't want to ruffle feathers and make yourself a target, and in addition you get to pounce on an easy wagon.

once I have decided on my preferable lynch(es) for the day, I get mad and frustrated when the day goes on.
IOW: Once I have found an easy wagon to push to the gallows/tree/whatever I try to hurry it along as quickly as possible.

unvote, vote: pman
The game. Guess what? You just lost it.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:50 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I'm with llama.

Lynch pman now please.
green shirt thursdays
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:14 pm

Post by bv310 »

Pman, that's really not a good way to play this game. The whole point is that opinions will change over time.

Unvote, Vote: Pman

@Mod, can we get a vote count? Pretty please?
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:57 pm

Post by cruelty »

Kast wrote:Minor point:
cruelty wrote:you've completed one (i think) game with me, pretty outstanding meta read you have.
AGM wrote:I've played with cruelty multiple times.
Which of the above is true?
As far as I can recall, I've completed one game with AGM (I could be wrong, but definitely no more than two).

Kast wrote:@Cruelty-
-To be clear, you don't feel any need to address the claim that your behavior is anti-town and/or active lurking.

-You did feel the need to address the point that your normal meta is to be anti-town and to active lurk. You feel that point falsely characterizes you as scummy based on meta instead of looking at how you actually are in this game. Is this correct?
I think it's probably true that I occasionally appear scummy due to playstyle. I don't think it's a fair point to make this early when the person making the accusation has very little experience with me, and the intent is obviously to cast doubt on me from the outset. I am therefore highly dubious about AGM's intentions.

Put it this way.

- If he knows my meta is consistently active lurky and scummy (not saying it is, but that's what he seems to be claiming), then he also knows I have -never- been scum on this site (fact).

- If the above is true, then active lurking and appearing scummy is a function of my town play, and shouldn't be worth bringing up for AGM as town. For AGM as scum, making me look guilty from the outset is gravy.

- If he's lying about my meta. then I'd like to invoke LaL.

Either way, based on what's been said so far, AGM = strongest scumread.

llama wrote:Obvious OMGUS FoS is obvious.
Using obvious twice doesn't increase the power of the sentence.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:07 am

Post by cruelty »

AlmasterGM wrote:
llamaeatataco wrote:I'm to lazy to look up any other games of yours. What do you always do? Through random votes out with no reason whatsoever, no other text, ignore what other people have said and be the embodiment of active lurking?
This pretty much describes cruelty.

Actually this is a complete lie.

The game I completed with AGM, I mainly took heat for
not
voting (and not wanting to talk about scumreads, something I've changed in my game). I barely changed my vote all game (I was COMPLETELY misguided town) and every time I did it was considered, and weighed by a solid (albeit wrong) explanation of why I was doing so.

The rest of this isn't really applicable. No active lurking, no ignoring what people say, etc.

This is the game.
the nexus of the crisis
pman5595
pman5595
Goon
pman5595
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:53 am

Post by pman5595 »

llamaeatataco wrote:@Pman: 'Observe a little more' is sort of a scum mindset, don'tcha think? If you are town, you shouldn't have anything to lose by voting for who you think is scum. You aren't putting people in danger unless there's a pre-existing wagon and it gives us more information on you to work with. As scum, voting = stepping on toes = higher priority for a lynch. You don't want to ruffle feathers and make yourself a target, and in addition you get to pounce on an easy wagon.
I disagree with your point. Town has the same motivation if not more than scum to be sure of their vote. Scum just wants to vote whomever, while town wants to actually get scum. If I am not sure about people, or don't have any suspicions, I am not going to vote for them. I'm sorry.

This wagon is the exact kind of thing I dislike about day 1. Town is too eager and try to just start voting and scumhunting without truly looking at the situation realistically, and scum are eager to jump on anyone they can get on without being too suspicious. Town is letting them do that by being too eager.
Snow White
Snow White
Goon
Snow White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:48 am

Post by Snow White »

Hey guys! Just a brief hello from the town cyber café.

I like DragonsOfSummer for actually reading the top page and identifying that we are up against the flood.
3AGM votes in one page. HUH?
I go VLA page2.
4thvote AGM. (Cruelty, Llamaeatataco, xRECKx, JasonT)
Llama jumps off the wagon to pursue xRECKx who provided no reason for voting AGM despite claiming he had one.
As far as any theme games go i expect scum to have fake claims.
xavart is fencesitting post 46. Slight scum read as he gives reasoning as to how xRECKx could be innocent to then say that it isnt really applicable because xRECKx mentioned some percentage level. I suppose eccentrics are not applicable to the RVS?
I have no idea as to what xRECKx was trying to pull off.
Llama brings up a good point on Cruelty. There was much more to comment on than simply vote me.
xvart just made me lol. boss.
Cruelty you naturally come across as scummy. Its not something im going to take against AGM for thinking likewise.
pmans unvote on himself looks like he's waiting for a promising lead to come along perhaps on Cruelty.
pmans suggestion, or identification (because its really unclear what he means) is not good in my book.
Ah okay so pman did want a policy lynch. post 63.
But i cant imagine newb scum writing that.
But looking at his wiki he wouldnt be newb scum so scratch that.
Kast i disagree with you that llama's question to Cruelty about seeing your post was perfectly logical.
I would almost swear if there is a suicidal character in Halo, Pmanwhathisnumber is a jester. But i highly doubt it. His eagerness for votes is annoying im just trying to decide is it scummy or not.
Pman the issue with you was that you had
1-voted yourself.
2-unvoted to observe while Cruelty was getting slack (without giving any sense of an opinion on the matter)
3-Advocated that you were up for a policy lynch.
4-Saying you have no opinions but unvoting yourself anyway
5-Advocate you getting more votes and then threatening to vote your voters.

@Pman. What do you think of policy lynches? Even from theory.

I do wish Cruelty to address his style of play.
Te xvart slash xRECKx fraca is babbledouchary at best. But it did make me lol.

@Pman.
My playstyle is to observe and be more sure than others might be when voting. However, once I have decided on my preferable lynch(es) for the day, I get mad and frustrated when the day goes on. Just an explanation of me not voting FOUR PAGES INTO THE GAME, and a warning for later on.
Does not explain why you unvoted yourself and suggested a policy lynch when Cruelty started getting slack for his playstyle and garnering votes. If you claim to have this coy, observant playstyle then why amnt i seeing it?

Llama. Two words to describe Cruelty are stubborn and aggressive. Its a moot point ihmo.

Im unsettled by the rush to lynch Pman. No lynch yet please!!
bv310 unsettles me the most saying that the whole point of mafia is to let opinions change over time but yet asks no questions of Pman nor has he contributed to anything of the Pman hunt except in lieu of his vote. Its all very contradictory and bad.

I like Cruelty's 93. At least for now. Even though i disagree with him on other things. I haven't found AGM particularily scummy as of yet.
Unvote

Pman wrote: If I am not sure about people, or don't have any suspicions, I am not going to vote for them. I'm sorry.
Yet you unvoted, ready to self admittedly participate in a policy lynch or have i misunderstood that?

Vote bv310
Im happy saying one of them are scum.
xvart on a lower scale reads scummy to me. Not particularily sure why yet.

Town reads:
uhm... me! :D

Leaning town:
Cruelty.
Kast.
DragonsOfSummer.

Neutral.
xRECKx
AGM
Llamaeatataco
jasonT1981
jeromus

Leaning scum.
pman5595
bv310
xvart

Now im off for awhile again. Meeting a friend in a few. lol. Charger will hopefully be fixed slash and or replaced today. But no promises. Will look at VC's laters gators.
I like ignorant people.
Cause they dont talk to me, and i dont wanna be talked to.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:05 am

Post by xvart »

Sorry guys. Gonna catch up later today and post some actual content.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:26 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

"I would have been your daddy, but that dog beat me over the fence." –Sgt. Johnson to a Covenant soldier

Halo Mafia D1 Votecount 2

pman5595 (5)
– DragonsofSummer, xRECKONERx, xvart, llamaeatataco, bv310
AlmasterGM (3)
- jasonT1981, jeromus, cruelty
jasonT1981 (1)
– AlmasterGM
bv310 (1)
- Snow White

Unvote (2)
- pman5595, Kast

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:41 am

Post by xvart »

Kast (43) - I agree that cross player meta analysis isn't really helpful. I guess I was more saying it as a reason I wasn't going land blast him to get the information.

DoS admits he is perceived as scummy - I don't like this.
DoS
- Why does playing methodically make you appear scum? I wouldn't think that being hard to read makes you more likely to be scum. Who has told you this?

I agree that at this point someone lurking/scummy is more problematic than someone just plain scummy.

Pman was being half sarcastic with his claim to self vote. Why is the other half not sarcastic?

Also, can you explain your frustration about finally voting someone and the day continuing? You get frustrated for not really contributing and then when you are sure of your target no one listens to you? Or frustrated that it isn't obvious to everyone else why your target should be quicklynched? Or another reason?

Finally, you say you only vote when you are sure about scum; so your vote on yourself means you are scum?

I'm fine with my vote where it is.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”