DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:45 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

The whole problem is your entire case is now, "he's been lurking the entire game." Which in this game I haven't. There are games where that statement is legitimate, but I have been involved in the goings on in every single day we have had in this game.

By the way if we are going to start playing the meta card, you might as well meta me as well to find out that I am never one of the most active posters in a game, but do contribute when I do post.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:48 pm

Post by cruelty »

DoS wrote:The whole problem is your entire case is now, "he's been lurking the entire game." Which in this game I haven't.
this is from your 11th post. eleven. there's simply no way you can claim to have made a significant contribution to the game.

DoS wrote:I am never one of the most active posters in a game, but do contribute when I do post.
this post puts a lie to your words.

not only that, but reading through your iso there's no significant contribution at all. no case building, no attacks.. nothing. you've defined active lurking throughout the game.
DoS wrote:I would like to remind everyone that I started the Pman wagon. I was the very first vote, and when reck bitched at me for the way I voted, I defended said vote.
yes, you were first on the pman wagon but your vote was unexplained at the time (and you never actually explained it, just directed enquiries to a post of pman's), so i'm not sure how much credit you can really claim. at best, this is null imo.

i'm happy to lynch you, i don't think your words are as scummy as llama's, but you're active lurking and therefore are very difficult to read.

xvart is basically confirmed town at this point (or is close enough to that he isn't gonna be lynched today).

reckoner i'll look at a bit later.

ps: it's terrence hood, not terrance. wiki > you
the nexus of the crisis
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:24 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Well, this is going nowhere.
green shirt thursdays
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:06 am

Post by llamaeatataco »

...and this is why I want to lynch all of you. Srsly. I could definitely say that since we're only on day 3, you COULD conceivably have been contributing a hell of a lot with 10 well timed posts. Just space them out and stuff. The problem is, that isn't the case here. To hell with it. We aren't going anywhere, so I'll ask all of you: Who would you vote for at the moment? If we can come to a consensus, I'm ready to be done, unless people come up with something to discuss.
The game. Guess what? You just lost it.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:08 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

@llama: DoS is my #1 choice. I would NOT lynch you or xvart. cruelty is someone I wouldn't want to outright lynch, but I'd lynch him before you or xvart.
green shirt thursdays
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by cruelty »

don't really care, i think DoS is a massive liability given his lurking and i think llama is scummy.

not gonna lynch xvart.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:06 pm

Post by cruelty »

don't really care between llama and dos**

(although for very different reasons as stated)
the nexus of the crisis
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:20 pm

Post by xvart »

Sorry about my absence the last couple of days. Didn't get as much internet time as I had originally thought. After reading all the exchanges I think Reckoner is the most viable lynch. He goes from "llama's claim being the most believable" to he's "going to lynch either DoS or llama" to him "not lynching llama."

Unvote
Vote: xRECKONERx

@llama - was there anything in the flavor of you receiving my gun saying you could hand it off to someone else? The reason I couldn't use it was because it wasn't loaded, so maybe you can hand it back, loaded?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:50 pm

Post by llamaeatataco »

Unfortunately, no there wasn't. I doubt that I can, but I'll ask the mod anyway. If so, then we have the game won right now.

That's about what I'd expected from all of you.

At this point, I would actually rather lynch DoS. I think all 3 of the unclear people are scummy, but lurkers are harder to read than people who don't lurk, so he'd be my choice for today. I didn't want to believe Reck at first, but after looking back, DoS really wasn't here that much. :O

So anyway,
unvote, vote: DoS
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:28 pm

Post by cruelty »

you've changed your vote 3 times in the last 6 posts.
llama wrote:Reckoner was my initial suspect, but now that cruelty has been actively misrepresenting the truth and ignoring evidence and such, unvote, vote: Cruelty
llama wrote:So, I think I'm already voting him, but just in case
unvote, vote:Reckoner
(notably you thought you were voting reckoner when you changed your vote to me in your previous post? gimme a break)
llama wrote:I didn't want to believe Reck at first, but after looking back, DoS really wasn't here that much. :O

So anyway, unvote, vote: DoS
i really have a hard time believing you're legitimately pro-town.
the nexus of the crisis
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:01 pm

Post by llamaeatataco »

Cruelty, are you just going to sit there and say 'omg that's scummy' without any explanation after everything I do, or are you going to start doing something worthwhile? My list of scum would go Reck >> DoS > You. There's a small margin between DoS and you however. I'm down with lynching DoS for one reason and one reason only: I find it easier to read people when they give me something to read. (IE: posting) Now, DoS HAS posted, and half the time he puts something in there, but in this instance volume is more important than content. We have a mislynch and I intend to remove the most difficult person to analyze with it. That would be DoS.

Now, yes I have changed my vote a lot. What's wrong with that? Am I not allowed to change my mind, or do you just think I shouldn't throw my vote around?

Normally, I wouldn't follow along with a person I believe to be a likely mafia member, but since there should only be one left, that's not a problem here. I still don't like Reck, but I would rather have to pick between him and yourself than DoS and one of you.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:23 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Best part is, DoS is the last scum.
green shirt thursdays
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:56 pm

Post by cruelty »

i'm sitting here trying to pull as much information out of you as i can before i hammer. i'm currently content.

vote: dos
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:07 pm

Post by cruelty »

erm,
unvote, vote dos
the nexus of the crisis
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:37 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

That should've been the hammer. (thanks for all the vote counts today, mod. >.>;)

/readyforthewinscene
green shirt thursdays
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:43 pm

Post by Shotty to the Body »

Apologies about the lack of mod interaction today, looked like you all had things well in hand I liked the flow of the game. Votecount and/or lynch scene will be up as soon as I do a count.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:17 pm

Lynch Scene D3

Lynch was reached as of Xvart's post #232. Llama's unvote in #233 and subsequent (un)votes do not count due to rule 12.

D3 Final Votecount

xRECKONERx (3)
- DoS, llama, xvart

DoS (1) - xRECKONERx

Not Voting (1) - cruelty

With an almost casual air you decide it is time for xRECKONERx to die. At xvart's whim, you take him out behind the chemical sheds and shoot him. As you do, his cloaking shields flicker to reveal an infested elite! He charges you but llama quickly pulls a shotgun and blows him away. Congratulations town, you win!

xRECKONERx: Flood Rolecop, lynched D3

Interesting end as it looks like you got him by accident almost. I'll be posting my thoughts on the game and the role PMs tomorrow.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:58 pm

Post by cruelty »

huh didn't realise llama hammered, lol.

i didn't want to say too much about reckoner because i was (by the end of today) pretty happy with llama as town and i thought that reckoner might take the two of us to lylo and hope i went after llama again.

turns out my little plan wasn't necessary in the end.

gg town, agm i had you pegged son.
the nexus of the crisis
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:06 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Well, fuck this game. Scum just fucking imploded. PGO is a fail role. Lyncher in mini theme is fail. I think I could've survived in lylo. I was going to take cruelty and llama and they were kinda going at it. If there was any chance of me surviving, it would've been with those two - xvart was confirmed and I had already lead a mislynch on DoS.

Too bad someone hammered me earlier. Bleh, whatevs, at least this game was short.
green shirt thursdays
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:31 am

Post by xvart »

Good game. Scum did implode. That's only the second time I've made it to endgame as town and I was getting pretty nervous because the other time I totally botched it and lost the game. I was pretty confident that Reckoner was the scum, but I didn't want to blow it again. I certainly wasn't buying any of that I lead the pman lynch stuff because the first thing I would have done if I was pman's scummate was string him up in a lynch of glory.

Despite Reck's feelings, I liked the setup, for the reasons we discussed about the possibilities of town liabilities in the power roles.
With great power comes great responsibility.
I suppose I could have felt differently had I been the only scum at the end of D2 or had it swung the other direction. It could really be a really swingy game (as it was) but I find that fun.

Reck - you did play a great game up until the lyncher scene, as I really was going to give you my gun that night. There was just something about that whole lyncher scene that was itching the back of my mind, and I was trying to view it from a scum point of view (a cop outting someone as scum who wasn't scum).

Thanks, Shotty, for modding this game!

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:52 am

I felt sort of bad as scum had a worst-case scenario D1 with one being lynched and one being killed by the PGO. The lyncher actually worked as designed to take away a town PR and give the scum a days reprieve. I thought Reck played exceedingly well given his position, but he came out of the gates as lynch happy scum on D3 imo. The first lynch was probably the biggest disappointment and the root cause of a scum game over, not sure what pman was thinking but he didn't even make it a question that he was scum.

The way scum worked were they started as an Infection Form and any Infection Form not making a kill had the power to 'scavenge' and come up with a random role chosen from a pool of 4. This didn't get used so much since 2 of them died early which was rather depressing for me as a mod. =P The other really unique role was the Cortana role. I was pretty happy with the way she worked, I'll addend the possibilities to the role PM.

Night Actions

N1
Jasont1981 aid xRECKONER
xRECKONERx scavenge into Flood Rolecop
Kast stay awake (active PGO)
bv310 kill Kast
Snow White investigate Kast

N2
xRECKONERx rolecop cruelty
xRECKONERx kill jeromus
llama choose not to kill
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:10 am

Post by bv310 »

PGO really swung this game in Town's favour. Not a fan of that role in a Mini game, but that's up to the mod.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:37 am

Town had a 3/10 chance of hitting the PGO with a PR on the first night compared to scum's 1/9 after the scum lynch D1. You guys hit a low probability (~3%) worst-case which wrapped this game up fairly quickly, unfortunate but it happens.
Last edited by Shotty to the Body on Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:45 am

Post by llamaeatataco »

Well, I guess it's just as well that I didn't get a chance to try my awesomesauce plan. See, in addition to having a nightkill, I also got one time nightkill immunity due to my awesome shields. So, the plan was to lynch today and have the scum shoot me, leaving us with a mislynch and time for me to blast the scum. I actually wasn't able to doubleshoot with xvart's gun, but I figured making myself seem as overpowered as possible would be the best way to draw the nightkill.

It was a silly plan, but it could have worked.

@reck: Actually, I was planning on lynching you in lylo anyway. I just figured that since we had a mislynch, I might as well get rid of the hardest person to read.

@bv: Yeah, the pgo is really a swing role. This could have EASILY turned into a quick scum win if they hadn't killed the pgo.

@Mod: wtf was the motivator supposed to do?

Anyway, I kind of felt a little unhappy with the way the night actions turned out. I didn't get to go rambo on the scum. and if you were wondering, I was going to change my kill flavor to 'spartan laser to the face' along with a reference to a meme in the pm to the mod.

Good Game all! Reck might have been able to pull off the win actually... Just goes to show, even if you get totally screwed by a REALLY crappy d0 and n1, you can still have the win.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:50 am

Post by xvart »

llamaeatataco wrote:Well, I guess it's just as well that I didn't get a chance to try my awesomesauce plan. See, in addition to having a nightkill, I also got one time nightkill immunity due to my awesome shields. So, the plan was to lynch today and have the scum shoot me, leaving us with a mislynch and time for me to blast the scum. I actually wasn't able to doubleshoot with xvart's gun, but I figured making myself seem as overpowered as possible would be the best way to draw the nightkill.
I was wondering if there was any other power you might have as Master Chief, because it was a little challenging believing that Master Chief could only fire his gun every other night. I only mentioned the part about passing the gun back to put a little WIFOM in terms of where the additional gun might be for the scum in deciding to kill the confirmed townie with an unconfirmed kill or the unconfirmed townie with a confirmed kill.

That would have been an "awesomesauce" plan, lol.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”