Mini #893 - Dollhouse Mafia (Game Over!)

Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2400 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:34 am

Post by Pulindar »

they are both imprinted, but just in case

Imprint Elvis
"If I had to label someone as dangerous, it'd be Pulindar. I have a feeling his scum game is very similar to his town game.... What I think is dangerous about Pulindar is that his scumreads feel so liquid. He can post a wall of questions and decide he doesn't like your answer to one of them and justify a vote on you." ~ Prawneater
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2401 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:10 am

Post by SerialClergyman »

iamausername, if you confirm they are imprinted I'm hammering the no lynch. If you want, you can take this as my intention to vote.
I'm old now.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2402 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:13 am

Post by iamausername »

Gonna go ahead and count both Pulindar and Serial's No Lynch votes, even though neither follow the correct formula.

-=Vote Count #71: The End of Day Ten Vote Count=-

No Lynch (3) - Georgia, Kansas Alaska

Georgia (1) - Virginia

3 to lynch.

-=Imprint Count #71: The End of Day Nine Imprint Count=-

Kansas (3) - Virginia, Kansas, Georgia
Virginia (3) - Virginia, Kansas, Alaska

Alaska (0)
Georgia (0)

3 to imprint.

ALASKA = SerialClergyman
GEORGIA = Pulindar
KANSAS = farside22
VIRGINIA = elvis_knits

Day Ten ends without a lynch. Kansas and Virginia receiving imprints.

-=It is now Night Ten. Night actions due by Wednesday, 31st March=-
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2403 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:47 pm

Post by iamausername »

Georgia, Rogue Active - Killed Night Ten

Alaska, Kansas, Virginia. The Rossum corporation thanks you for your help in rooting out the menace to society that the rogue actives posed. In a moment, we'll get to discussing the matter of your reward, but first...

Would you like a treatment?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2404 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:35 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

FUUUUCKING YESSSSSSS
green shirt thursdays
Vala Mal Doran
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Vala Mal Doran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2405 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:26 pm

Post by Vala Mal Doran »

About time, ugh.

Sorry I had to ditch, the extra holiday hours were putting way too much stress on me. :(

Really wish KOC hadn't failed so bad, although the way the imprints worked I don't really think scum could have won this anyway, and judging by the number of scum replacements I wasn't the only one who felt that way.
And as your mother, you will listen to me, young lady. There will be no leading of these ships and armies on a mass-murdering crusade. Or else.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2406 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:50 pm

Post by Plum »

Sorry I replaced out, but I couldn't deal with all my games then and this one was a slightly demoralizing time drain.

Still want to know what scum imprints were out there.

Was gratified to fool some players briefly. Not long enough, apparently. Good job, Town.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2407 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:58 pm

Post by Socrates »

I totally replaced into this game ready to break it right open. I had Vala and Pug pegged as scum, CTD and SC was an obvious town on town fight, Elvis looked good and the amount of vitriol that Elvis and SC's mutual buddying drew made it obvious that their reads were good. I had some kind of town tell on Reck (though I can't remember what it was for the life of me).That left the third buddy among: Plum, Limrickx, Button, Farside. I ISO'd plum and didn't find anything remarkable and thought there was a good chance that I would be replacing into a pro-town slot, so I PM'ed the mod and hoped.

I was sooo disappointed when I got my role PM.

I thought I was doing a pretty good job towards the beginning, but my play in this game really degraded as time went on. Having two lurkers for scum buddies and the town correctly imprinting three townies in one day really left me demoralized and it got a lot harder for me to work up the energy to do what I needed to do in order to stand a shot and winning, which was quite a bit.

The scum team absolutely NEEDED to do something about the Farside-Elvis-SC love triangle, and this was something the scum needed to be pro-active about. Day 5 I was confident that I could have drummed up the support to get a Farside lynch pushed through (I felt she was the weakest link in that chain) with Ortolan, Reck, and pug (and maybe CTD) on the wagon. After a farside lynch, I felt Ortolan and then Reck would fall in pretty quick succession, and then if Pug got lynched in the mean time that would mean CTD, SC, Elvis, and me in the end game, which would be tough but I think was my only shot.

Unfortunately this was around the time that I had to replace out of all my games because of real life issues and I never had the time to flesh out a believable case on Farside.

Pulindar did very well with a slot where my lurking was quickly depleting the town cred that Plum and I had gathered earlier. Props to him, definitely.

Elvis was the primary problem of the town. Literally every player seemed to have a town read on her and her own town reads were solid, even if her scum reads weren't, which turned out to be a greater problem than CTD who was generally on the right track about everything in the game but me and SC, but didn't have the town cred to capitalize on it.

One thing this game illustrates very well is that not having a night kill is VERY hard on the mafia. A single NK on Elvis would have swung the outcome of the game very dramatically, I feel. When the town contains multiple strong, nearly unlynchable players with absolutely no way to deal with them, the scum team really starts the game off on their back foot, even though they would appear to have a numbers advantage.

Another thing this game illustrates is just how important it is to have an active scum team. It would have been a lot harder for the town to have developed such strong town reads on each other if the mafia was around to run interferance. Instead, there were stretches were the ENTIRE scum team lurked, which is bad bad bad.

In the end, the town played very well and the scum not so much. I am as responsible for that as anybody. Sorry to my fellow scumbuddies for having to replace out.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2408 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:30 am

Sorry to all for making it no lynch and drag on etc etc. It's one of those things - if I'vep layed a game for months and months I might as well take an extra day or two to do the sensible thing and cover every base. It must have been frustrating.

A few surprises for me this game.. the town managed to mostly imprint town.. I don't know whether the 'executive decision' was worth it - I think the game would have been much different if VMD had been imprinted, but it also would have been much different if I hadn't copped the suspicion from quickhammering. Hard to say. I'm glad that scum didn't ever get an imprint, I think our lives would have been made much harder if they did. Jury still out there.

I would do the buddying that made everyone nauseous again. I have no idea why there was such a negative reaction to that read and the play. It was one of, if not THE, the major factor in winning the game for town. Town reads win games. As Socrates said, they doubly do so when there are no NKs. As soon as farside and elvis were happy with each other itm eant scum had to have two alive.

I think the scum did well in not really getting picked off very well. Pug, KoC and Deathnote all got lynched as kindo f the default lynch of the day, I think, there wasn't too many blinding moments of insight from the town. But possibly that was a side effect of the fact that the scum really weren't working together much due to the inactivity and everything. I think there's a tradeoff between doing things as a team that benefit your team, and splitting up and not being obviously connected, and scum were (not necessarily by choice) WAY down at the 'split up' area of the tradeoff, and given how imprints worked and the lack of night kill, this wasn't a good point for them to be.

I'm probably most disappointed that I didn't get VMD scum. That question about what happened to her if Starbuck scum was so against the grain of town thought - almost all of those 'change your mind vote starbuck' players were town, and that's exactly what town should have been thinking, from their limited information and my confidence in my read.

Anyways, I had a lot of fun, when there wasn't crazy drama and when I had time to post up a storm. Quickhammering was great fun, I recommend it to you guys in future :)

Congrats farside and elvis for controlling the town nicely and using your positions well. I was shuddering at the propect of having to convince elvis to vote against farside if it came down to an SC-elvis-farside lylo. (I was 1000000% positive elvis wasn't scum, and I knew out of the two of them I only had a chance of convincing her anyway.) I'm glad I don't have to.

Sorry for being wrong, townies I helped lynch.

Thanks iamausename for your excellent modding as always.

Good game.
I'm old now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2409 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:53 am

Post by farside22 »

Well I had VMD pegged day 1 with her reaction to what the buttonman said early in the game. I got paranoid with those imprints which were the most frustrating thing in the game.
When both Reck and buttonman talking about viging I'm thinking here scum trying to find a way to kill a town. Boy was I wrong there.
I was under the impression one of SC/EK was town as town buddying that early for what seemed to me more WIFOM felt more like scum buddying a townie.
EK's attack against SB didn't make me feel good about her.
CTD's play to immediately attack SC before lynching Pug gave me all sorts of scum vibes that was hard to look past someone trying to set up a mislynch.
I figured after we got to a certain point that either Reck or Pul were scum. No way would SC paint himself into a corner like that as scum.

Iam: I really felt like the imprints were the most useless thing for the town. I don't know if that was on purpose or what. But to have almost every imprint I received this game to be a killing role except on day 1 made me want to just give up.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2410 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:07 am

farside - I think we were quite lucky we had the other game come and go while this one was going on. I think it gave us a much more detailed view on each other that diffused a lot of potential conflicts, suspicions and issues between us.
I'm old now.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #2411 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:10 am

Post by elvis_knits »

YAY! HOLY COW!

I shot Pul last night. Not sure if farside did also. I was glad to get a vig.

Overall, I had an awesome time in this game. There were some definite bad points because of all the townie fights which I realize I had a big part in. I know I can get overly emotional at times, and I apologize for increasing drama. I didn't mean to hurt anybody's feelings and I harbor no ill will toward anyone. Miraculously, I think me and Starbuck have even put the past behind us. <3

I think this game was unconventional and interesting in a lot of ways. Finding other townies that I could trust was the key to winning the game, I think. OTOH, it also led to a ton of drama, and many of the mislynches. The strategy prevailed in the end, but I know there were lots of casualties.

I learned a lot about myself this game. I have realized that I tend to eliminate my opposition (and those that oppose my townreads) with a pretty lethal hand. I defend myself and those I think are town by lynching anybody in our way. Scum tend to try to keep their lynch pool open, and have to find ways of undermining town trust, so I am hyper aware of anyone who tries to do that. Of course townies also end up being victims also because they might not have the same POV as me, or they're just paranoid. But I can't always tell the difference.

When I think of our mislynches, nearly all of them had major problems with SC or myself. Buttonmen and CTD really wanted SC dead. Starbuck wanted me dead. Attacking my townreads seemed scummy to me. I am trying to find a way to play and be more of a uniting force -- rather than just breaking the necks of anyone who gets in my way. I thought that the way SC united me and farside was a genius move. Unorthodox and very important.

I sympathize with the scum not having a kill -- I think that makes things very difficult on a scumteam. I fail at playing normal scum, so I can only imagine what it's like to play without a kill.
SC wrote:I was shuddering at the propect of having to convince elvis to vote against farside if it came down to an SC-elvis-farside lylo. (I was 1000000% positive elvis wasn't scum, and I knew out of the two of them I only had a chance of convincing her anyway.) I'm glad I don't have to.
You know, I would have been horrified to get to 3-man lylo. I stated many times in thread that I would never have voted farside in lylo, but I was mostly saying that because I didn't want to rock the boat. Basically, I was lying, lol (sorry farside!). My intention was to think very hard about which of you to lynch and I might have voted either of you. Don't forget, you were my town read since page 1, which I clung to like a pitbull no matter how much people fought me on it. It would have been hard for me to vote you and I would have had to really think that one through.

This is probably one of my favorite games because it was so hard fought by everyone. I think we should all be proud.

Thank you to Iamausername for a wonderful game and a great job modding!!!! <3
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2412 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:36 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

A very well modded game. Thanks, Iamusername!
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2413 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:22 am

I stated many times in thread that I would never have voted farside in lylo, but I was mostly saying that because I didn't want to rock the boat.
I had my suspicions. In your position I'd have said the same thing to try to force scumSC down a crazier path to victory.

I felt like in lylo I had a shot of convincing you, and I had done enough stuff that was bizarre from a scum POV. But it still would have been some battle, I think.
I'm old now.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #2414 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:35 am

Post by elvis_knits »

SerialClergyman wrote:
I stated many times in thread that I would never have voted farside in lylo, but I was mostly saying that because I didn't want to rock the boat.
I had my suspicions. In your position I'd have said the same thing to try to force scumSC down a crazier path to victory.
Yeah, my thinking was that I wanted you to feel hopeless if you were scum. I thought it would help me read you better by what you did from there.

I also figured that if I pissed off farside that I would destroy the delicate balance we had going on. So I wanted to put that off as long as possible.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #2415 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:38 am

Post by elvis_knits »

One of my favorite posts of the game:
farside22 wrote:Image
Talk nerdy to me.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2416 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:47 am

Post by farside22 »

EK: I'm hurt you thought I was scum there. :cry:

Nah I had my paranoid moments thinking EK was lying scum in regards to her imprints and thinking maybe she learned to improve her scum play after all that time. :lol:
I'm glad to be wrong about SC. I knew after reading all those points that EK made in regards to SC and his play there was no way either one of SC or EK was mafia.
yeah, yeah took me long enough but mafia does make you paranoid.

SC: I don't know if I will ever be able to trust you in so far that if we played another game I would be watching you carefully but I know you would not put yourself in a corner.

That picture EK just posted made me :lol: all over again.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2417 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:49 am

Post by Pulindar »

it was definitely interesting. I don't think I had much of a chance, but I still tried. When you guys lynched Pug I was trying to force the lynch on me actually. :( It took a bit for you guys to shift the suspicion to me though. I wanted to get lynched and hoped that that would make you a bit suspicious of each other after I had gone around confirming both EK and Farside. And trying to come up with a plan for town to win. To bad it backfired.
"If I had to label someone as dangerous, it'd be Pulindar. I have a feeling his scum game is very similar to his town game.... What I think is dangerous about Pulindar is that his scumreads feel so liquid. He can post a wall of questions and decide he doesn't like your answer to one of them and justify a vote on you." ~ Prawneater
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2418 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:50 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

Could we get some mod-notes on the set-up, please? How were imprints assigned and are you happy with how the mechanic worked out?

Also, I'd be interested in the scum QT, if they don't mind. ;)
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2419 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:57 pm

Post by ortolan »

wee...I assumed SC was the last scum based on what I took to be a scummy comment when he hammered me. I didn't really understand the setup properly until just before I was lynched, at which point I continued with the facade of not understanding to see how farside responded. Oh well, at least I was right about Pug being scum.
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2420 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:09 am

Post by Pulindar »

I don't mind in the least CTD.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2421 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:50 pm

Post by Starbuck »

We have put the past behind us.

I think the thing that bothered me most was that I was home on emergency leave due to my great grandmother passing. I was working my ass off to stay caught up and that was taken advantage of.

I was very much looking forward to this game and to have it cut off so abruptly pissed me off.

elvis_knits wrote:Starbuck wanted me dead.
This is in no way true. I wanted the buddying that you and SC were doing to stop and for you to think for yourself.

That buddying that you guys came into the game with is what definitely made Day 1 such a hassle, at least for me.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2422 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:08 pm

We didn't come into the game with it, we've played another game where elvis was scum and there was no buddying. I just happened to think she was town this particular game and vice versa, for reasons that were stated repeatedly. I still have no time for complaints about that, and the vitriol about it was ridiculous.

Plus this game was won off of town reads, not scum reads. Despite getting people pissed off (unreasonably) and attracting a lot of suspicion, it's no accident that farside, elvis and SC were the three left standing. Town on town relationships are important.

As for being away on leave and having that taken advantage of - obviously it must have been tough to have a relative pass away but to be angry at people who get you killed is not appropriate at all. People get NKed, mislynched, unfairly targetted, badly read - all these things happen. Sometimes it's irritating when you're killed or lynched early but that's just the nature of the game, and provided the people doing the killing are doing it to fulfil their win condition then getting angry at them is utterly unreasonable.
I'm old now.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2423 (ISO) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:40 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

I feel sorry for Starbuck, but as scum with no night-kills and, indeed, no powers whatsoever, this game was hard enough without letting a lurker lynch go.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2424 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:55 am

Post by Starbuck »

SC - just do me a favor. If I'm ever on a player list for a game please don't join it, I will do the same for you.

Your last comments were unnecessary and completely fucking rude.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”