Mini #893 - Dollhouse Mafia (Game Over!)

iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Mini #893 - Dollhouse Mafia (Game Over!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by iamausername »

"Sir, I believe I have a solution to our little problem. I can root out the rogue actives."

"It won't work."

"It's worth a try."

"It's going to fail. And when word if this gets out to Rossum, we'll be a bigger laughing stock than Los Angeles."

"Your reservations are noted, Ms. Carter. Mr. Simmons, I'm willing to try anything at this point. What's your plan?"

"We get the dolls to find them for us. Imprint them with the best minds for the job, and let them get on with it. I've got the braindumps all programmed ready, just waiting for you to give the go ahead, sir."

"I see. So these finest minds, what are they, CIA? NSA?"

"No sir, nothing like that."

"What, then? Psychologists?"

"No, sir. Mafia players."

The Players:

Alive (3/12)

ALASKA (SerialClergyman), Ordinary Active - Survived
KANSAS (
jasonT1981
farside22), Ordinary Active - Survived
VIRGINIA (elvis_knits), Ordinary Active - Survived

Dead (9/12)

NEVADA (DeathNote), Rogue Active - Sent to the Attic Day One

ARIZONA (Starbuck), Ordinary Active - Sent to the Attic Day Two
HAWAII (TheButtonmen), Ordinary Active - Sent to the Attic Day Four

OHIO (
Vala Mal Doran
Knight of Cydonia), Rogue Active - Sent to the Attic Day Five

FLORIDA (
Limerickx
ortolan), Ordinary Active - Sent to the Attic Day Six

MONTANA (Pug89), Rogue Active - Sent to the Attic Day Seven

COLORADO (
Messiah
CrashTextDummie), Ordinary Active - Sent to the Attic Day Eight
IOWA (
lewarcher82
xRECKONERx), Ordinary Active - Sent to the Attic Day Nine

GEORGIA (
Plum
Socrates
Pulindar), Rogue Active - Killed Night Ten

Current Status:

Phase: Game Over!
Deadline: -
Last edited by iamausername on Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:49 pm, edited 27 times in total.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by iamausername »

The Usual Rules:

1. Social Contract

*This is a game. I've done my best while setting it up to make it enjoyable for everyone. Fun is our first priority.

*I will do the following:
=treat this game as my MafiaScum priority, as a committment to the players
=post votecounts at least once per page whenever possible
=prod players w/o prompting
=answer questions as soon as possible

*I expect all players to do the following:
=have fun and play to win
=treat the game as a commitment to yourself, to the other players and to me
=not make personal attacks
=stay active per my activity policy
=bring concerns or problems to my attention as soon as possible

2. Activity

*This game will have fixed deadlines (extensible only in extreme circumstances) and I expect players to actively participate.

*Deadlines for days are 3 weeks long. Deadlines for nights will be 72 hours long. All deadlines will expire at 7PM GMT.

*Players not posting for 72 hours will be prodded and must respond within 24 hours, or risk being replaced.

*If you see a player has not posted in thread for 72 hours and I have not announced a prod, please let me know. All prods are stated publicly.

*If you will be away and unable to post over 72 hours, please let me know. You may be replaced if I believe your absence will disrupt the game.

3. Votes and Lynches

*Lynches will only occur with a true majority of voters (Half the number of living players plus one). Once a person has reached a majority, they are dead and unvoting them will not stop the lynch.

*If the deadline hits before anyone has been lynched, then no one will be lynched.

*Votes and unvotes should be bolded in the following format (
vote: iamausername
unvote: iamausername
). It is not necessary to unvote before making a new vote.

*Players may vote for no lynch to occur on any given day (
vote: No Lynch
). A majority of votes for no lynch will end the day and no one will be lynched.

*Until I have counted the votes and posted the death scene and role reveal, all players including the lynchee may continue to post.

*Once I have posted a scene indicating that a player is dead, they are not to post anything else at all, not even a "Bah!" post.

4. Other (but still important!) Stuff
*Do not post or quote directly from any PM or communication outside this thread between me and you or you and another player. Do so and I will modkill you. Don't even fake it. Put whatever you have to say in your own words.

*Modkills end the day.

*Do not post in invisible/small text or otherwise attempt to hide the text of your posts.

*Do not edit your posts or the posts of others.

*Do not discuss this game with other players (whether in this game or not) outside of this thread, unless I have told you otherwise, until this game is completed.

*At my sole discretion I reserve the right to remove any player from the game and replace or modkill their role.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:02 pm

Post by iamausername »

Game Specific Rules and Setup Info:

- 8 players will receive this PM:
You are [NAME], an ordinary active.

As such, you are completely clueless as to what is going on around you. I mean, you
really
have no idea.

You win when all rogue actives have been eliminated.
- The other 4 will receive this one:
You are [NAME], a rogue active.

Together with [NAME2], [NAME3] and [NAME4], you have broken free of the Dollhouse's brainwashing, and the four of you are determined to bring the Dollhouse down from the inside.

You may communicate in private at all times using the following link: MAFIA QUICKTOPIC

You win when the only survivors are rogue actives OR when it is inevitable that this will be the case OR if the number of rogue actives is equal to the number of ordinary actives at the start of a day, and no ordinary actives have any imprints.
- During the day, in addition to voting to lynch, players can also vote to imprint other players with a power, by posting in the form
Imprint: [PLAYERNAME]

- Players can also rescind these votes, by posting
Unimprint: [PLAYERNAME]
. If you simply post
Unimprint
, without specifying a name, all imprint votes you have made will be removed.

- If at any time during the day a player receives a full majority of imprint votes, those votes will be locked in and cannot be unvoted for the remainder of the day.

- Imprint votes made after the lynching vote has been cast will not be counted.

- There is no limit on the number of players that any one player can vote to imprint at once.

- All players receiving a full majority of imprint votes in the course of a day will receive a power at the end of this day. Players will have no control over what power they receive.

- At the end of each day, all imprints received on the previous day by ordinary actives will be erased. However, due to their resistance to the mindwiping procedure, rogue actives will retain all imprints indefinitely.

- If a rogue active is imprinted more than once, they will retain all imprints. However, each player can only perform one night action per night.
Last edited by iamausername on Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:15 pm

Post by iamausername »

-=All role PMs have gone out. Day One will begin once at least 10 players have confirmed.=-
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:45 pm

Post by iamausername »

*insert flavour here*

-=It is now Day One. Deadline set for Tuesday, 5th January (Extra week added for Christmas). With 12 alive, it will take 7 votes to lynch or imprint.=-
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:51 am

Post by SerialClergyman »

Hey everybody.

Last time I played in an iamausername game I had a great time, so lets keep with the fun times.

Big waves to elvis :D

imprint elvis_knits

imprint SerialClergyman

vote Pug
I'm old now.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:53 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Interesting mechanics!

Sometimes I only gloss over the rules and such, but I recommend everyone read everything, especially the game specific rules.

It seems the setup is 8 town vs 4 scum, and we vote each day who we want to give power roles to by voting to imprint people.

This part I found really interesting: An ordinary active will only stay imprinted with a power for a night/day. The rogue actives (scum) are resistant to mindswiping, and will RETAIN POWERS INDEFINITELY. Basically if we screw up and give a scum a power role, they will keep it for the rest of that game. So we have to be careful about handing out the imprints.

Another thing. We vote on imprinting just like we vote on the lynch. We can unvote imprinting too. EXCEPT, once someone reaches a majority for imprinting, unvoting doesn't matter, they will be imprinted. So everyone needs to realize that once we reach the majority for imprinting, it can't be taken back.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:54 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Hi SC!

Last time I played in a username game I got killed N0. :(
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:57 am

So we have to be careful about handing out the imprints.
We have to be careful about a player getting to a majority - just a simple imprint can be unvoted.

Just thinking about that - what's the thought about imprinting everyone? That way we'll have 8 power roles to 4.

I'm trying to think about how we can cut down on the bad ratio. I don't know if one or two roles that may or may not go to scum (and therefore keep going to scum) is better than all of us being guranteed a role every night.

Thoughts?
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:58 am

elvis_knits wrote:Hi SC!

Last time I played in a username game I got killed N0. :(
The very game that I had a lot of fun in and ended up winning as scum, actually :P
I'm old now.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:03 am

Post by elvis_knits »

When I said be careful, I meant about reaching majority. I don't mean people shouldn't vote to imprint at all. Just to be mindful that it can't be taken back once they reach majority.

Giving everyboyd an imprint might work. Maybe it would increase our chances of catching scum? It might be a big mess, but hopefully we'd have more info to work with.

But since the scum will retain their ability and the town won't... if we do the same thing tomorrow by giving everybody imprints, will the scum get more than one power? Because I wouldn't want to double up the powers on scum when we can only have one at a time. That's the only flaw I see in that plan.
Talk nerdy to me.

DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:08 am

Post by DeathNote »

Imprint: everyone

Think about it...

There are two ways to go about finding scum, with powers or without. If we go without and not imprint anyone, then we will be relying completely on our cunning to find scummy players via meta, lurking, or whatever other means you use.

If we go with powers, then we will be hoping for town related investigative roles that could help us catch scum. Both ways have its faults and pluses...

I personally like the power root, at least for tonight, as scum hunting can become difficult for me with so many players I do not know. If we are to imprint tonight, we should imprint everyone as town would have twice as many night actions available to them compared to town. We can then claim some results, assuming they help us find scum or confirmed town, and imprint off that. For example, if we imprint everyone and I get a cop/investigative ability that I use on Elvis_knits that flips her town, then we can give her an imprint the next day.

Questions?
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:12 am

Post by DeathNote »

DeathNote wrote:
If we are to imprint tonight, we should imprint everyone as town would have twice as many night actions available to them compared to
scum
fixed.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:17 am

I personally like the power root,
at least for tonight,
as scum hunting can become difficult for me with so many players I do not know. If we are to imprint tonight, we should imprint everyone as town would have twice as many night actions available to them compared to town. We can then claim some results, assuming they help us find scum or confirmed town, and imprint off that. For example, if we imprint everyone and I get a cop/investigative ability that I use on Elvis_knits that flips her town, then we can give her an imprint the next day.
Are you trying to pull a fast one?

If scum EVER get a majority of imprints, they will forever keep those imprints - meaning if we give a role to everyone today, all the scum players will have a role for the rest of the game.

Elvis - I doubt that scum would get additional powers, but it's worth checking with iam.

Iam, if scum gets a majority on two days, will they get 2 role actions? (keep the first imprint and get a second?) Or can they only ever have a max of one?

The major problem with the plan is the clusterfuck of info we'll have.

One possible boon with thep lan is that the roles might be more advantageous to town than to scum. So a doctor or a cop - those would both be great for town and useless for mafia.

That only applies to some roles though - blocker, vig, watcher, tracker - they'd all be equally useful to mafia (or useless) I suppose.
I'm old now.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:21 am

Post by elvis_knits »

vote: Deatnote

Way to ignore my concern about scum maybe being able to retain more than one power.

Also, we don't have to do all or nothing re: imprints. I think the best thing to do is to give as many imprints out TO PEOPLE WE THINK ARE TOWN.

Unless it turns out that scum cannot retain more than one ability. Then maybe we can imprint everyone. But I think we definitely have to avoid a plan where town will have one power at a time and scum will get ANOTHER power every day.

Mod: Can scum players gain more than one power? If they are imprinted more than once, will they have access to both imprint powers, and can they use them both in one night or have to choose only one at a time? Also, can scum use a power in the same night that they perform a kill? Or does making a kill prevent them from using a secondary power?
Talk nerdy to me.

iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:24 am

Post by iamausername »

SerialClergyman wrote:
Iam, if scum gets a majority on two days, will they get 2 role actions? (keep the first imprint and get a second?) Or can they only ever have a max of one?
They'll keep the first imprint and gain the second, though they'll only be able to perform one night action per night.

Adding this to the Setup Info post. If there's anything else that needs clarification, please ask. Though there may be some things I'm deliberately keeping unrevealed.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:29 am

Hmm. Not ideal.

That means they'll essentially get the best night actions possible to perform each night.

The problem with imprinting a few people and hoping their town is that people are notoriously bad at picking town early. Scum don't have to make any sacrifice to appear town early, so it's easier.

Perhaps we try a day without imprints and see how we go? Ugh.. that means we're in lylo if we mislynch.

This will be somewhat difficult.
I'm old now.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:29 am

Post by elvis_knits »

SerialClergyman wrote: If scum EVER get a majority of imprints, they will forever keep those imprints - meaning if we give a role to everyone today, all the scum players will have a role for the rest of the game.
So if we go with this plan we have to do it on all subsequent days. And only if we are assured scum cannot retain more than one ability.

I agree that it will probably be a clusterfuck of information. I'm not opposed to that necessarily. I like a fast, exciting game, and giving everyone powers will definitely do that. So, it might be good.

But if we want to go a more concervative route I would just give imprints to people we think are town. We can still give a lot out... I would not be opposed to that. I'm not sure I want to give a power role to a player I think is scum, unless there is some reason to think we can test them. And not knowing what our imprint will be or what their will be, this might be difficult.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:36 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Okay, didn't see mod clarification with my last post.

So essentially, scum will rack up as many powers as we give them, but only be able to use one at a time. Which is still totally in their favor. As SC said, they can pick the best one to perform.

I don't think we should imprint nobody. That's like deciding to do a vanilla game with 8:4 which sucks for town.

I think this setup encourages us to give power roles to the right people.

I still think we should give powers to anyone and everyone that we think is town. SC is right that probably some scum will end up getting powers too, but maybe we can say that power roles that are actually town should be checking the other power roles to make sure they are not doing evil with their power, or lying when they claim the next day. Because I think everyone should be claiming their action from the previous night.
Talk nerdy to me.

iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:52 am

Post by iamausername »

Rogue actives do not have the ability to night kill, unless they receive an imprint that grants this ability. Apologies for not making this clearer from the beginning.
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:23 am

Post by Messiah »

iamausername wrote:Rogue actives do not have the ability to night kill, unless they receive an imprint that grants this ability. Apologies for not making this clearer from the beginning.
I think, given this information and the fact that there's 8 town and 4 scum, we should be as careful as possible about who we imprint.

@DeathNote: Do you still feel that a mass-imprint is a good idea given the information we've received since your last post?
It's times like this..
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:39 am

Post by elvis_knits »

SerialClergyman wrote: Perhaps we try a day without imprints and see how we go? Ugh.. that means we're in lylo if we mislynch.
How do you figure this?
Talk nerdy to me.

Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:04 am

Post by Limerickx »

I just read everything.

I was down for the 'imprint everyone' idea until I heard the fact that Rogues don't have a night kill ability, unless imprinted with it.

I was wondering if this seemed like a good strat for Day 1.

Imprint 1 person, then vote for no lynch.

As far as I can tell, we have no way of knowing what the imprint will give the user. If we imprint one person, take it to night, we can find out if the imprint gives a normal power-role type power or not. We won't have to worry about a townie dying during the night, becuase scum can't kill, and if a kill DOES happen, it could only be from the one person imprinted. We might get lucky and get a power that can be of a big bonus during the night. If it turns out to be useless, whats the problem?

The next day, we could do the same thing, only imprint a new person. We'd be able to see if the power was the same, if it was useful, etc.

The only downside is that we might accidentally pick scum and they'd keep the power. But if the power allows a kill, and a kill goes off at night, we'd know who was responsible. If we gave out one power a day, we'd have a list of possible scum: those players who at one point we given a imprint.

Does this seem reasonable? Am I missing something really obvious?
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:15 am

Post by DeathNote »

Up until I learned that scum can not night kill, I was still for my plan.

@Those that apposed my idea-
I addressed the fact that scum gets power roles as well and know that they can keep them, however, trying to dodge giving them a power is going to be really difficult. With my idea, at least we know more town people have powers for tonight then scum. We won't be able to mass imprint any other day cause each scum having two powers would be insane, but hopefully we wouldn't have too. Night 1 results should confirm at least
one
town and we can just give that person(s) imprints from then on.
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:19 am

Post by Limerickx »

I think the thing I prefer about my plan would that it would be a lot easier to keep tabs on the players who received imprints in the past. At any point in time when a townie was killed, you'd be able to look at a list of possible suspects, narrowed down to players who had received an imprint in the past.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”