Mini #893 - Dollhouse Mafia (Game Over!)

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2350 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:15 am

Post by SerialClergyman »

farside22 wrote:I thought about this game while I lied in bed last night. Things I remembered. I decided to do a pro/con list for the 3 players I believe could be scum.
There is a reason I thought in my head SC could be town but I need to read everyone.
SC: I have one question for you. Why have you been really quiet these past few days as far as pushing for people like you did in the beginning?
Main reason is lack of time. I have been running 5-6 games for 6 months and since the winter olympics my workload has increased dramatically and I have much less time for mafia. You can tell from my posts on site and games I'm participating in, if you like.

I have to admit, there was also laziness in that I was pretty happy with farside and elvis, and pretty confident we'd just knock out the scum, but ctd flipping town has just caused me to doubt myself a little.
I'm old now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2351 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:27 am

Post by farside22 »

Fair enough. So my thought was thus last night. Why would scum push players into seeing they were town. In a normal mafia game I would call it buddying but where as scum can not shot, them stating a player is town is just a lossing battle. Eventually all players start to say hey I think your town and here is why. They start to reconize things whether thru meta or cases.
Example is where I presented a case on SC day 2. He convinced EK this made me sound more town.
I would believe SC scum right now if there was one more scum avialable. Hence my question about his recent play where did he over play his hand came into question. Did he push the town together to the point of lossing this game? I can't see scum doing so in this game.
Now if someone want's to dispute this idea, please be my quest and point out the flaws in this theory.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2352 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:10 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

It might've been an accident?

Pul could be lurkerscum.
green shirt thursdays
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2353 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:16 am

These arguments are always less good coming from the person in question, but I'll point it out anyway -

if you remember our last game when I was scum, I was also very keen to declare people town. But I also had a very clear path to victory. I don't know if you read the scum QT, but we spelt out exactly who would be lynched and when, and that essentially allowed us to go to town declaring abr, you, scigatt, ojanen, ellibereth dla etc etc all town. I don't feel like I'm the sort of player to put myself behind the 8-ball that carelessly, I think I'd have a plan. The plan could be me doing this in some crazy WIFOM gambit, sure, but I think it's fair to say I wouldn't just leave myself stranded accidentally.

I forgot to mention above that this is the last game i"m active in with no plans to start any other one. It's been my only game for about 2 or 3 weeks now. So that's a tangible indication of my limited time, I suppose.
I'm old now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2354 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:21 am

Post by farside22 »

Like I said SC it's a scum gambit moreso in this game with the fact that once you declare people town and gather the troups your pretty done come end game.
However your recent play makes me question you on this. Like I said about Pug I could see scum giving up and just lurkering to the point of knowing they are going to lose.

Pul: Why are you voting Reck after declaring him town for a few days?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2355 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:29 am

Sure farside, I'm just saying you've seen me do the 'declare people town thing' and you saw I was careful about not painting myself into a corner.

As for giving up, you know that's not my thang. CSL self vote at L-1?

Either way, I suspect this is moot. I don't think it's worth challenging elvis/farside town now they are both imprinted, so I'll go along with whoever you guys choose. Reck seems most likely. Limerick gets points if so, he picked pug/reck scumteam ages ago.
I'm old now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2356 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:11 am

Post by farside22 »

I'm wondering about Pul's sudden flip on Reck and voting for him today after declaring him town.
Ah SC will I ever trust you again after breaking my heart? :P

I may be voting for Pul today. He's post without explanation leaves me cold.
I will say Reck's hammer votes with no reasoning most of the game gave me the biggest scum vibes ever.

And I know I promised a read thru again but I feel so tired with this game. It's really just 3 people to decide on and I want to just end this game and rant at the mod once it's over.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2357 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:59 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Yeah, I'll try to catch up and get some content here soon. I'm posting this in all my games: this is an incredibly stressful/busy week for me. Two mid-terms, a six minute short film project to edit, a ten minute oral Spanish presentation, and a ten page script are all due within the next five days.

Mafia has to take a backseat for a bit.
green shirt thursdays
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #2358 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:57 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I'm not going to turn on farside at this point. She suspect VMD before it was cool. More than once I have verified her night actions as truthful.

I also don't think SC is scum, but if it came down to it, I would vote him over farside. And I would think that he just overplayed his hand with the "confirming townies" bit.

I think it's Reck or Pul. I think it's reck for the case I outlined, but Pul is largely a wildcard to me at this point. His last point made about zero sense to me. It sounds like he doesn't think anyone is scum but he's just going to follow along? I don't get it.

I guess it doesn't matter which one we kill first. I'm voting Reck because I thought reck was scum a long time ago. I was saying reck and Pug and allowed myself to be convinced otherwise. So I'm going with my gut unless someone makes a good case, or Pul can't explain himself better.

Do we want to keep doing imprints? At this point, I don't care one way or the other.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2359 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:07 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I'd prefer to imprint you and farside still, I don't think it matters either, but what harm can it do?
green shirt thursdays
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2360 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:11 am

Post by farside22 »

I feel frustrated with the imprints as I have received a doc, vengeful lyncher and a vig.
I honestly just feel like this turned into a vanilla nightless game with imprints there to fuck with us.
*serious Iam my rant will not be entertain once this ends*

I don't know if I have a destire to try for imprints any more. There has bee just one useful imprint in my book and that was the one that EK claimed having gotten info on my day 3 imprint and confirming this.

I see many things scum on Reck but till Pul answers my question with valid reasoning I'm not voting.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #2361 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:16 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I think the imprints have been fine. It's not good when a game is reduced to follow the cop. This relies more on scumhunting, which is good.

imprint farside and elvis
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2362 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:01 am

elvis - while I've been going on about it a bit, you weren't in the game I'm referring to, which is the primary reason why farside will never trust me again (except perhaps out of game - that doesn't make your butt look big, promise! :P)

But I take your point and agree it's not worth it. If I was ever going to do something outlandish it would be to sac myself while warning of the dangers of complacency. I could understand leaving one of me, reck and pul alive to think about turning, but not 2 (which is what it would have to be now you both ahve vigs in your imprint past.)

So I'm on board with farside + elvis. All the way home, kids. Nautious buddying ftw, hopefully.
I'm old now.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #2363 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:39 am

Post by elvis_knits »

... whose butt are we discussing?

SC, I know you're good as scum, so even though I don't know what game you're talking about where you beat farside, I am totally aware of your scumpowers. At one point I looked at your wiki. I think you have a perfect record. But whatever. I don't think you are scum. However, if we get to three players, you, me and farside, I'm lynching you.

At this point, I refuse to lynch farside. I don't think she's scum and I don't want to WIFOM myself to death.

But if she does end up winning this game as scum I will say she totally deserves it... and I will also blame SC for convincing me she was town in the first place. :P
Talk nerdy to me.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2364 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:43 am

Post by farside22 »

elvis_knits wrote:.
But if she does end up winning this game as scum I will say she totally deserves it... and I will also blame SC for convincing me she was town in the first place. :P
I feel the same way about you EK. :lol:
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2365 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:58 pm

Post by Pulindar »

elvis_knits wrote:I'm not going to turn on farside.

Pul... that last post was confusing for me -- who do you think is scum? Can you give me an order of scummiest to least scummy?
Town - EK, Farside, Reck, SC - Scum
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2366 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:11 pm

Post by farside22 »

Pulindar wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:I'm not going to turn on farside.

Pul... that last post was confusing for me -- who do you think is scum? Can you give me an order of scummiest to least scummy?
Town - EK, Farside, Reck, SC - Scum
Why are you voting for Reck?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2367 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:13 pm

Post by farside22 »

Maybe this will get pul's attention to my question better.

vote: Pul

WHY DID YOU VOTE RECK AFTER CALLING HIM TOWN ALL THE PAST FEW DAYS SINCE YOU REPLACED AND WHY ARE YOU NOT VOTING SC BASED ON YOUR CURRENTS STANDS IN THE GAME?
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2368 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:14 pm

To be honest, I'd feel the same way about both of you except I feel a duty to be ever vigilant. If I'm going to cop the blame, I deserve the credit if you guys are actually town (I'm going to need it with my scumreads :roll:)

So where do you kids want my vote?

(Elvis - my scum record isn't perfect and my wiki is out of date :P)
I'm old now.
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2369 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:18 pm

Post by Pulindar »

mentioned it in my previous post. I'm sure both you and EK are town. I'm willing to bet that and frankly don't care the order we die. I'm pretty confident that we're going to win, so there's no reason not to vote Reck. Elvis thinks Reck is scum, I'm willing to let her guide it if she wants. Vice versa, if you were voting SC I'd probably switch to that. If people decide to lynch me, that's fine to.

This sorta feels like my Mason game http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13324 Well, I'm pretty sure I'm not messing up this time. Last time I chose the exact wrong people to think of as town right away, and the exact wrong people to think of as scum. My best town read was scum, and vice versa :( wasn't the best game.

Farside, I am answering your question, it's just taking me a bit to type it out. sorry. Also, I gave my reason in my previous post.
Pul wrote:So would I farside, so would I. I still think my plan will work, I'm pretty confident that both Farside and EK are completely town. I'm still pretty sure about Reck, though my vote is on him. SC I thought was, but he's the next one I suppose in my mind. I thought I was next today, but since EK voted Reck I don't mind going with it. From what I've read I'm a bit nervous that EK and Farside are going to turn on each other. I don't think we stand a chance of winning if they do. I mean, Farside made an excellent case about EKs meta being his town meta.

Anyway, like I said before, I don't think the order matters, we'll definitely win if we just keep to my original plan. If that means lynching Reck now, I guess I'm ok with that. Order isn't my concern.
EK said she didn't understand, though I felt it was clear :(
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2370 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:19 pm

Post by Pulindar »

"If I had to label someone as dangerous, it'd be Pulindar. I have a feeling his scum game is very similar to his town game.... What I think is dangerous about Pulindar is that his scumreads feel so liquid. He can post a wall of questions and decide he doesn't like your answer to one of them and justify a vote on you." ~ Prawneater
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2371 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by farside22 »

mmmmm
I need to think. I'm getting too much of this kumbya stuff from everyone it seems.
I don't really like Pul's answer to the question. Don't ask me why just feeling.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2372 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:35 pm

What I don't understand, is why are you even hesitating if you're sure about elvis?
I'm old now.
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2373 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:45 pm

Post by Pulindar »

SerialClergyman wrote:What I don't understand, is why are you even hesitating if you're sure about elvis?
Quoted For Truth
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2374 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by farside22 »

SerialClergyman wrote:What I don't understand, is why are you even hesitating if you're sure about elvis?
Guess I want this to be the last day I deal with this game.

Meh

unvote:
vote: Reck

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”