Newbie 922: Day 3

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:21 pm

Post by Acosmist »

Cojin wrote:more so im messaging mith, i think lawls essently avoided his lynch by going awol ill claim that you killed a usefull ally and you will find out on my death scene this game pisses me off to much now.
I am sure we can get the 72-hour extension for YOUR replacement, if you need one. Come on. Don't pull a Lawls.

Votecount
Cojin - 4 (RayFrost, havingfitz, Nachomamma8, Lawls)
Lawls - 2 (Cojin, Acosmist
Panacea - 1 (ElementaryFermion)
Nachomamma8 - 1 (BridgesAndBaloons)

Not Voting - 1 (Panacea)

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch
Cojin
Cojin
Goon
Cojin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:22 pm

Post by Cojin »

if its not a rule now it should be, that after asking for a replacement, you should not be able to decide suddenly you dont want to.

Btw scum list lawls and having fits are obv
Communism mafia will return next marathon
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:22 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Unvote

While there is the off chance that Cojin is being sneaky and incredibly manipulative, I'm not buying it.

Vote: BridgesAndBalloons

I'll give my reasoning when you give yours. We need a good lynch wagon on scum to start, and you're my top suspect. <3
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Cojin
Cojin
Goon
Cojin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:23 pm

Post by Cojin »

nacho im dead the days over
Cojin
Cojin
Goon
Cojin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:24 pm

Post by Cojin »

im more pissed off that he was ignored because he asked for a replacment then suddenly changed his mind and i got hammerd
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:26 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Let's see:

The people on your wagon were: (Havingfitz, RayFrost, Nachomamma8, Lawls), when your wagon was the greatest. Unless of course, the votecount in post 300 was wrong...
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Cojin
Cojin
Goon
Cojin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:35 pm

Post by Cojin »

seems im not dead :/ well now that i soft claimed im dead tonight. eather way laws should be lynched now.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:42 pm

Post by Acosmist »

No summary. Your tears are delicious.
Nachomamma8 wrote:I have no idea what this means.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 27#2150427

Pay attention to the game you are playing.
Attacking something you don't understand? Not something I'd expect from a philosopher.
I'll try to make this easier to understand. When you do something scummy, you don't get to absolve yourself of responsibility by saying "I meant to do that."
See, here's where we disagree. I can't recall a time where I've been both angry and bored at the same time; anger puts adrenaline through the body and thus makes you... not bored. Also, I've never been bored when I've believed I've pegged scum. But then again, this really isn't a point I can convince you of, it seems. But then again, these are my experiences and feelings being transferred onto EF...
I can recall such a time. Categorical statement refuted!
Actually, I looked back and saw how petty the argument was getting, so I dropped it. The case is looking good to my eyes, but there's no one here to defend it.
All right, I guess I have to take your word for it, because I can't honestly know whether you think you have a good case or not. At least in public, you admitted you weren't sure what you had against him.
Panacea wrote:The difference would be, however, that Elementary would have hopped headfirst into the hole, not fallen. And I didn't say I wouldn't help him up; I'd hope the headache taught him to avoid hole-diving. :P
Those differences are accidental rather than essential.
Perhaps. But isn't it a sign that I have hope for him that I expressed a hope he'd learned the lesson?
See, this is the problem. I think you reacted out of pride for mafiascum and you spoke rather rashly. So, sure, when you retreated, I think it was a good-faith retreat, but EF was also right to call you out on an anti-town sentiment.

I'm happy with the way that issue's been resolved, though.
You know what? That's a really good point. Havingfitz?
Thank you.
It's especially relevant we discuss Cojin since he's apparently the most popular bandwagon.
... Ouch..!
I just don't think chattiness and scum-alignment work well together.
If a tree falls in a forest and there's no one there to hear it..? :P It would be, because all the roles would be passing to predecessors. Lawls's replacement will be an extension of Lawls's slot.
http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/mater ... stitution/
Nachomamma8 wrote:Lawls is no longer a lurker; he's being replaced.
Lurking is scummy.
Lawls was lurking.
Therefore, etc.

His being replaced does nothing to change that argument, man.

He's not being replaced now (I guess? Who knows...), so this is sort of moot...but you were still wrong when you wrote that.
RayFrost and BaB have also been lurking lately, but they've barely been the subject of any attention whatsoever that hasn't been supplied by me.
Yeah, but they had lots of content earlier, so they have something of a paper trail for us. And, man, I've called upon them to post more, too.
And saying that Cojin and Lawls have been the subject of most of the attention is... laughable.
Clearly
it is.
Cojin's attention consists of someone who hasn't posted about him since last week and a giant wall-battle that should've been dropped a long time ago.
You really do hate when I discuss things in this game, don't you? As Cojin's been one of the more popular bandwagons (only recently the most popular, to be fair), "dropping" the discussion of havingfitz's case against him is the last thing we should do.
The attention on Lawls consists of himself, a lurker, and someone whose walls generally have nothing to do with him anyways.
You haven't been reading my posts.
The town is spread so thin because of walls of texts and people generally ignoring any case that isn't there own that the people under the most attention are under no pressure whatsoever.
The town needs to get the sand out of its vagina, then.
I don't hate when you post; you present some good points when you're more worried about who's scum as opposed to who's right.
I don't know if you know this, but scum generally try to drum up fallacious cases. The premise "The guy I am trying to lynch is scum" is not true when scum try to railroad a townie, so they're deprived of at least that advantage. They sometimes have to make up for that by saying false things. Investigating why people say false things is a useful tactic.

Look at havingfitz vs. Cojin. You think there might be a scummy motive for him to put his fingers in his ears and dismiss Cojin's points as "gibberish"? If arguing with havingfitz helps me determine that, I'm gonna continue to do it.
You just need to cut out some of the useless stuff and stop nitpicking over every little point; focus on major aspects of the case and present them to the public; note down tiny scumtells and keep them to thyself.
I have no idea what possible pro-town reason there could be to keep scumtells to oneself.

In fact, Panacea, didn't you say something about having one's case survive one's death? That that was part of the point of posting?
Elementary Fermion wrote:I was referring only to the presentation, not the overall quantity. Perhaps you could break up your teraposts (ball's in your court!) using headings to coincide with your executive summaries?
I strongly suspect there's more at work with the criticism of me than "Man, that's hard to read, jerky mcjerkface." So, as much as I'd like to make stylistic changes to accommodate comprehension, I'm concerned that I will leave out points that might be able to nail people later.

I am not going to one-up you now because this post is a lot shorter ;_;

If Cojin wants to claim mafia, I'll vote him. I don't see any other scenario where I will do it today. And, wow, Cojin is sort of right that this little "Replace me, wait don't" episode with Lawls has defused the Lawlswagon. Of course, I maintain he's no mastermind...

Absent some really convincing new revelations, the only lynch that'd get me off Lawls would be Nacho's. Any takers for that?
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:43 pm

Post by Acosmist »

Votes should probably be pulled off Cojin now.
Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:27 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Acosmist wrote: Pay attention to the game you are playing.
Congratulations, you haven't clarified the situation for me in any way whatsoever! I DON'T know what private game you're accusing me for playing, and I DON'T know what the phrase "contract bridge comments" means.
Acosmist wrote: I'll try to make this easier to understand. When you do something scummy, you don't get to absolve yourself of responsibility by saying "I meant to do that."

You still don't understand... and you're still being condensending...

You've pointed to a scumhunting technique I've explained, and called it scumnmy. You didn't, however, explain why it was scummy. You didn't, however, explain why my explanation is bad. You didn't, however, ask me for clarification on how it could be effective.
Acosmist wrote: All right, I guess I have to take your word for it, because I can't honestly know whether you think you have a good case or not. At least in public, you admitted you weren't sure what you had against him.
I thought the joke was implied with the whole "[/mind]" deal. Guess I was wrong. That whole thing was brought up to show just how nitpicky the debate was getting...
Acosmist wrote: Lurking is scummy.
Lawls was lurking.
Therefore, etc.
Note: Lurking isn't scummy. Rather, it's anti-town. Lurking to the extent of being replaced is a null-tell because it shows that you just aren't that invested in the game, which is something that happens to mafia and to town. ACTIVE lurking, however, is scummy.
Acosmist wrote: Yeah, but they had lots of content earlier
Oh, yeah.
Tons
of relevant, helpful content that pressured scum and encouraged discussion and made sure that those rascally lurkers didn't get inbetween the cracks...
Acosmist wrote: "dropping" the discussion of havingfitz's case against him is the last thing we should do.
Okay, but it certainly isn't the first thing we should do. Rather, we should involve him in the discussion and pressure him instead of having a catfight with one another. How do you expect to determine someone's alignment if you never let them defend for yourself? Or rather, let me correct myself. How are we supposed to determine someone's alignment if they can't speak for themselves without being crushed by your skyscraper-sized walls?
Acosmist wrote: You haven't been reading my posts.
...or you aren't reading your own:
Acosmist wrote: How much of my walls addressed Lawls anyway? Very little, and a little find command on his name would have disclosed to him the questions and issues surrounding him.
Acosmist wrote: The town needs to get the sand out of its vagina, then.
If only it was that easy. But with 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch, not 1 Acosmist :(. You can peg scum in your first two posts, but nobody takes the time to read your posts, guess who's only going to succeed in getting NK'ed by scum Night 1?
Acosmist wrote: I don't know if you know this, but scum generally try to drum up fallacious cases.
Being wrong =/= being scum. And why would scum try to drum up fallacious cases when the townies are already ripping each other apart?
Acosmist wrote: If arguing with havingfitz helps me determine that, I'm gonna continue to do it.
The more you fight with him, the more muddled it becomes, and the more you both just look like 12 year olds to the rest of us. I don't know about you, but my win condition is to get the mafia lynched, not to figure out who the mafia are. In other words, it's all good and well if you know HF's alignment 20 pages of wall battle later, but you sure as hell aren't going to convince any of us about it.
Acosmist wrote: I have no idea what possible pro-town reason there could be to keep scumtells to oneself.
That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying you don't have to quote every. tiny. point. that someone presents and respond to it unless they all have something significant to them.

Sorry in advance... I'm sick and tired and in a wee bit of a bad mood. Thus, I may be a bit more blunt than usual... But I figured if I might as well post something before I went to bed. Enjoy!

Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:24 pm

Post by Panacea »

Oh ha ha ha ha we killed someone? Wait did we? This game is utter craziness to me lol! Heh ha hai huh ha heh human. :D
Town: 2. 2.
Scum: 2. 1.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:04 pm

Post by Acosmist »

Panacea wrote:Oh ha ha ha ha we killed someone? Wait did we? This game is utter craziness to me lol! Heh ha hai huh ha heh human. :D
I don't think we did.

I think we have 12 hours and nothing is happening :/

Did you just post drunk? That reads different than anything of yours I've ever read before.
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:37 am

Post by Panacea »

Acosmist wrote:
Panacea wrote:Oh ha ha ha ha we killed someone? Wait did we? This game is utter craziness to me lol! Heh ha hai huh ha heh human. :D
I don't think we did.

I think we have 12 hours and nothing is happening :/

Did you just post drunk? That reads different than anything of yours I've ever read before.
Oh...
Oh!
Oh God. Not drunk. I am so sorry, everyone. Oh, wow... :oops: I didn't realize I'd posted last night...

Just let me wake up a little more and I'll be back with actual contribution... :(
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:42 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Acosmist wrote: I think we have 12 hours and nothing is happening :/
Deadline is the 24th.

Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:47 am

Post by Acosmist »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Deadline is the 24th.
Did the mod PM that to you?
Elementary Fermion
Elementary Fermion
Townie
Elementary Fermion
Townie
Townie

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:02 am

Post by Elementary Fermion »

Acosmist wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Deadline is the 24th.
Did the mod PM that to you?
Not a PM, and to everyone: viewtopic.php?p=2178942#2178942

Of course, this is still presuming another replacement, which may or may not occur. Lawls, answer things.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:02 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Phate wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Mod, can we have a 72-hour deadline extension while we look for a Lawls replacement, since he DOES have one of the largest bandwagons on him right now?
This is reasonable. Deadline is extended to March 24.
No, but he did say this...
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:07 am

Post by Acosmist »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Phate wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Mod, can we have a 72-hour deadline extension while we look for a Lawls replacement, since he DOES have one of the largest bandwagons on him right now?
I wasn't 100% confident that he was going to maintain the extended deadline now that things with Lawls changed. So you didn't get any special word from him, and you're just basing it on that?

Same to EF. Why are people just assuming day won't end in an hour? That's ballsy, I guess.
Elementary Fermion
Elementary Fermion
Townie
Elementary Fermion
Townie
Townie

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:00 am

Post by Elementary Fermion »

Acosmist wrote:Same to EF. Why are people just assuming day won't end in an hour? That's ballsy, I guess.
I cannot imagine anyone would let me say my original, ignorant thoughts on Day 1 were correct. So, there must be sumpin gonna happen.
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:11 am

Post by Phate »

Regardless of the status of replacements (Lawls will not be replaced, since he doesn't want to be), deadline is still March 24. You won't get another extension, though.
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:13 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Acosmist wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Phate wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
I wasn't 100% confident that he was going to maintain the extended deadline now that things with Lawls changed. So you didn't get any special word from him, and you're just basing it on that?

Same to EF. Why are people just assuming day won't end in an hour? That's ballsy, I guess.
Because the mod never told us otherwise? He didn't say "Deadline extension revoked, Lawls is back"...

Anyways,
Mod: can we get a prod on BaB?
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:23 am

Post by Acosmist »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Acosmist wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Phate wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:

Because the mod never told us otherwise? He didn't say "Deadline extension revoked, Lawls is back"...

Anyways,
Mod: can we get a prod on BaB?
Just give it up when you're wrong. Saves us all time.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:04 pm

Post by havingfitz »

Pardon the absence...not prod worthy but longer than normal for me. RL had me occupied this weekend. Will catch up (reading Acosmists novelettes may take awhile if I can stay awake through them) and post tomorrow.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by Acosmist »

havingfitz wrote:Pardon the absence...not prod worthy but longer than normal for me. RL had me occupied this weekend. Will catch up (reading Acosmists novelettes may take awhile if I can stay awake through them) and post tomorrow.
People are starting to notice how much you're complaining about discussing the guy you want to lynch. PS might wanna change that vote.
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:59 pm

Post by Panacea »

Acosmist, it seems like you're quite gung-ho, not necessarily for a Lawls lynch, but for the diffusion of a Cojin one. All things aside, Lawls's "Oh, wait, never mind" return to the game strikes me as a
whole
helluva lot scummier than a cookie-cut request for replacement. I have to wonder if his intention might have been to buy some time all along?

Lawls, how do you feel about that?

Acosmist, what exactly makes you think, not necessarily that Lawls is scum, but that Cojin isn't? Is it primarily Havingfitz's responses, and if so shouldn't your vote then be on Havingfitz..?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”