Mini 941: (Almost) No Rules Mafia (Game Over)

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (isolation #0) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:40 am

Post by xvart »

Didn't see the pm come in and didn't get a pop-up.
Confirm.
Happy hunting.

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:11 am

Post by xvart »

Zang wrote:
zoraster wrote:Okie dokie. I know that Esp is Australian, and the international date line frankly really confuses me, so I'm going to start the game and hope he shows up shortly... perhaps at 3 or 4 in the morning... in the future. or in the past. However that date line works. Just don't talk to my grandfather, please.

---
DAY 1 BEGINS NOW

Day 1 Vote Count
Hoopla ( 0 )
totallynotmafia ( 0 )
UncertainKitten ( 0 )
xvart ( 0 )
animorpherv1 ( 0 )
Zang ( 1 ) Zang
Espeonage ( 0 )
DedicatedScribe ( 0 )
DocPotter ( 0 )
CallMeLiam ( 0 )
FishytheFish ( 0 )
CooLDoG ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 12 ) Hoopla totallynotmafia UncertainKitten xvart animorpherv1 Espeonage DedicatedScribe DocPotter CallMeLiam FishytheFish CooLDoG
Total Votes ( 12 )

Deadline: Tuesday, March 30th at 16:00 EDT
With 12 Alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (isolation #2) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:41 am

Post by xvart »

animorpherv1 wrote:
CallMeLiam wrote:I'm gonna get dee-runk tomorrow
FOS: CallMeLiam
for getting drunk tomorrow.
Vote: animorpherv1
for misrepresenting CallMeLiam. He said he was going to get "dee-runk;" not "drunk".

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (isolation #3) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:16 am

Post by xvart »

Hoopla wrote:UK can't get ticked off at a mod-wagon when she's the one that started it. :roll:

Also, due to totallynotmafia's recent thread in MD, the general (external) consensus is he's playing it up for town points. As such;

Unvote, vote: totallynotmafia
Link?

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (isolation #4) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:11 am

Post by xvart »

UncertainKitten wrote:Also, everyone who's rolename is um...Macho Neutral Selector Jack of All Trades should claim. Now.
I'm busted.
zoraster, in Role PM wrote:You are the town Macho Neutral Selector Jack of All Trades.

Abilities:
  • You are Macho. Where it normally takes only one night kill attempt to kill others less macho, it takes two attempts to kill you because you are so macho.
    You are Neutral. You have no alignment.
    You are a Selector. You select stuff.
    You are Jack of All Trades. You may choose one of the following abilities to use each night: bodyguard, bus driver, cop, doctor, duplicity, and vigilante. You may only use each ability once.
Neutral: You have no alignment.

Confirm in Thread

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13693
Hoopla wrote:here you go.
Thanks. I suppose if the thread was made to help find scum, the least we can do is follow their advice.

Unvote: animorpherv1
Vote: totallynotmafia

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (isolation #5) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:45 am

Post by xvart »

CallMeLiam wrote:What's your win condition?
Oh yeah. The Macho Neutral Jack of All Trades win condition is:
Zoraster, in Role PM addendum wrote:You win when any faction reaches their win condition.
xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (isolation #6) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:52 am

Post by xvart »

CallMeLiam wrote:Oh.

When did he addend that role PM?
After I asked the mod what it was. Sorry, I should have posted the whole pm conversation.
zoraster wrote:
xvart wrote:Hey dognuts, what's the skinny on my win condition??

xvart.
You win when any faction reaches their win condition.
xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (isolation #7) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:35 pm

Post by xvart »

UncertainKitten wrote:xvart is lying. Which conversely probably mean he isn't and he chose scum Macho Neutral Selector JoaT. We should prolly lynch that guy.
No kidding? You mean the odds of someone posting some stupid random role as a joke actually being a role is significantly small?
UncertainKitten wrote:Which conversely probably mean he isn't and he chose scum Macho Neutral Selector JoaT.
What do you mean I chose "scum MNSJoaT"? Did you get to choose your role/alignment? Or do you mean I chose in my mind to fake a scum role pm but then modify it to neutral so my fake scum role would not be exposed? Could you clarify?
Zang wrote:
2.Xvart is probably lying because you can fake role pms and mod conversations and if that was his role, why would UK know about it?
You don't say. Is your role name Captain Obvious? :D
UncertainKitten wrote:
I think he's faking the PM to pretend he's not the other one when he really is, and he's elected to work with a/the scum team. I could be wrong though.
So you actually think I am neutral? What has occurred so far to make me think the scum is most likely to win? If so, you should be able to discern who the scum are and we have a good chance of exposing them right here and now.
UncertainKitten wrote:
I'd still like the other neutral to claim. I already selected town. If you selected town it's a coin flip to see who's helpful. I want both of us to die. If you roll scum, well, you know what you are getting rid of. If you roll town, well, obviously in exchange for your life you get a caught scum.
I don't understand this at all. If you selected town? If you selected scum? Please clarify.
Fishythefish wrote:
vote: xvart

I think extended, effortful jokey posts like that are more likely to come from scum than town.
Thanks for popping in; though it really didn't take that much effort.

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (isolation #8) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:49 pm

Post by xvart »

CallMeLiam, in MD thread wrote:I currently think xvart is scum. Let's see how that goes.
Why don't you post that in the game thread? Are you weighing what others will think before posting in the actual thread?
CallMeLiam, in MD thread wrote:I didn't see a win condition in that claim, did you?

Either he's joking or he's lying.

Why am I putting this here instead of in-thread?
Oh, you did make the observation, again, in the other thread. Yet, you still have neglected to actually post, in the game thread.

People from this game posting in the other thread are scum city.
CallMeLiam wrote:totally, why start the thread so early?
Sounds like a plan was made during night zero and totallynotmafia started it a little too soon.

FoS: CallMeLiam

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (isolation #9) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:23 am

Post by xvart »

CallMeLiam wrote:First off, why is posting in the other thread scummy?
I should rephrase: people trying to direct the less informed super-majority to discuss specific players are scum city. Anyone doing that is subtly trying to influence the other players by having a wealth of questionable information to exploit. Town members do not need to exploit the questionable information with questionable motives from people not in this game.
CallMeLiam wrote:Putting my suspicions in the other thread is hardly keeping them a secret is it? The reason I didn't put them here is because I'd have liked you to answer the question before I outright called you scummy, but at the same time I really wanted to point out that I thought you were scummy.
Yet you still haven't called me scummy in this thread AND your current vote does not support your accusations. If feels to me like you are trying to goad others into voting me without directly supporting my lynch.

After all you've said to/about me you think that DocPotter is more scummy than I am? If your vote is really just about us allegedly being teammates wouldn't you gain more information about his alignment by lynching me first than you would about my alignment by lynching him first?
Your
The MD threads "case" on me seems to be stronger than your simple "case" on DocPotter, yet you vote for him.

Talk about duplicity.

Finally, care to explain what you meant when you asked TotallyNotMafia why he started the thread so early? It sounds like you already knew he was going to start it. Mental note: when on a scum team in a bastard setup and my team decides to create a supplemental thread make sure that everyone knows when the appropriate time to start it is.
CooLDoG wrote:
vote xvart
because there is no reason what so ever to claim so early, or even to talk about power roles so early...
It's a good thing I didn't
really
claim.

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (isolation #10) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:23 pm

Post by xvart »

totallynotmafia wrote:Instead of giving their own opinions they've just said "well the people in the thread think you're scum so I'm voting for you". I think this could be scum hiding behind the opinions of others so they wont be accountable for their own opinions later on. They didn't even bother to say "I agree with what they're saying about such and such" they just blindly voted.
My original vote was more out of jest, which was the reason I said it the way I did. Since it was still, in my opinion, close enough to RVS shenanigans I saw no harm in not making an official "case". Then, I kept my vote on you because of CallMeLiam's comment as pressure, since if you did get lynched and flipped scum it would give more information about CallMeLiam.

There are obviously more pressing matters to attend to now; but I don't want to hastily move my vote when there is plenty to discuss regarding the selector business. So I am comfortable leaving my vote on you for the time being.
CallMeLiam wrote:I disagree here. The presence of a sounding board open to the public is something I've never played with before and I have no idea how it'll impact the game. Nonetheless it'd be stupid not to try taking advantage of it somehow. Wilfully ignoring a whole dimension of the game isn't great play.
But you are intentionally trying to create a case on me with others, which I wouldn't really consider scummy on the first comment, but when nothing materialized you prodded the masses again. I'll just blanket statement say that anyone that later tries to use the MD mass to substantiate a case will be awfully suspicious in my eyes. Use the MD thread all you want, but the way you did it is what is suspicious in my eyes.
CallMeLiam wrote:Why did you fake claim?
I faked claimed because I did not realize that UK was actually stating her real role name. I thought it was some joke or something from the terrible role ideas thread or something like that. I thought it was painstakingly obvious that it was fake. I mean, just read the abilities and the jack of all trades abilities. Basically, when I thought it was a fake role I created an obviously fake role pm to have a little fun with the no rules ruleset and the quoting mod abilities (which someone pointed out is amazingly easy.

And I would never call a mod "dognuts" in a personal message.
Fishythefish wrote:It is notable that UK and Bananas agree on the scum powers. That is one scary scumbag.
Of course, because they are each trying to look town by not revealing the town powers.

At this time I do think the best course of action is to lynch UK, and her responses are pretty much what I would expect myself to do if I was scum in her position, agreeing that she is the best lynch candidate. I also agree with her that we should not be hasty in securing this lynch.

My conversation with UK makes a lot more sense now, so I am going to reread it and see if anything new pops up in terms of motivation and alignment.

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (isolation #11) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:47 pm

Post by xvart »

If bananas real account is NK will we ever know that bananas was killed? In this example, if the real bananas is killed N1 and we lynch UK D1 will the lynch of the dead bananas yield a NL verdict? That would be very tragic so it might be better to lynch bananas first and UK tomorrow since we know for sure who UK is. That is, of course, only if we are dead set on lynching them both back to back.

re: encrypting - I'm actually thinking about just claiming my role because I'm not sure how helpful I will be without the town knowing some knowledge of my role.

In the meantime, will someone please type "duplicity" into one of their posts?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (isolation #12) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:47 pm

Post by xvart »

Zang wrote:So I dont think we will know who bannanas is if he is NKed
I meant if whoever created the sham account is NK'ed we wouldn't know until we lynched bananas attempting to lynch the owner of the sham, but then it shows up as "bananas was already dead. no lynch instead." or something like that.
Zang wrote:and why should I say the word?
Because if at least one person does not say "duplicity" directly (quoting me saying it does not count) today I will auto kill myself tonight.

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (isolation #13) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:51 pm

Post by xvart »

totallynotmafia wrote:I can see how it could have been a vote made in jest but a vote is a vote and you can still use a joke vote to hide behind, particularly because there was already a vote on me and you went on to insinuate a scum partnership between me and Liam, so obviously it wasn't just a random vote in jest.
Well, now that I have claimed my "ability" (so to speak), you can see another reason why I posted that fake claim. In it, under the abilities of the Jack of All Trades I listed "duplicity" in hopes that someone would ask me "what the hell kind of ability is "duplicity?!" Nobody bit, and I tried again when I was pointing out that it was a joke by saying just look at my Jack of All Trades here.

I also tried to get CallMeLiam to say it here, hoping he would say something like "Duplicity? wtf?"
totallynotmafia wrote:I'm not willing to say the word at the moment because of the nature of the word, it leads me to think that the person who says it may be the one to die instead. Perhaps you should reveal your whole role if you want someone to say it.
I am the town Obsessive Compulsive Wordsmith. I am obsessive compulsive about increasing the town's vocabulary and if I fail to do so I will kill myself the following night. I was given a list of ludicrous words and each night I must pick a word from the list and get someone to say it. The list of words is absolutely ridiculous and given the nature of mafia I thought duplicity would be the easiest one to get someone to say.

Given that I had already failed twice I didn't think that I could get by with using a moderately unique word a third time without being noticed or questioned, so I thought it best to just come out and say it. And given that the rest of the words are increasingly stupid, it would become more and more obvious as the days went on should I be successful at increasing the town's vocabulary each day.

Saying my name will do nothing, as it has already been said a dozen times or more in this thread with no outcome, but continue to call me Missouri if you want.

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (isolation #14) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:10 pm

Post by xvart »

xvart wrote:Given that I had already failed twice I didn't think that I could get by with using a moderately unique word a third time without being noticed or questioned, so I thought it best to just come out and say it. And given that the rest of the words are increasingly stupid, it would become more and more obvious as the days went on should I be successful at increasing the town's vocabulary each day.
EBWOP: And considering that UK has already been put at L-1 once I started to get a little nervous since I had so far been a failure at educating the town.

I still think that we should consider lynching Bananas first, for the reasons I said above. And, if this is some really strange play by UK, killing Bananas now will be better before he/she disappears into the night. And, if bananas = UK, it doesn't matter either way.

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (isolation #15) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:32 pm

Post by xvart »

zoraster wrote:You are the town Obsessive Compulsive Wordsmith. Every night (including Night 0), you must pick a word from the list below. Due to your obsessive compulsive nature about increasing your fellow town member's vocabulary you must get someone to say the selected word the following day or you will kill yourself the following night. If someone other than you uses that word the following day, the next night you must link me to the post that uses the word in your PM. If you fail to pick a word during each night phase you will automatically kill yourself the following night.

You may use the word yourself, but it does not count if they quote you or intended to quote you.

The words you may select are: mondegreen, aubade, pecuniary, distrait, eschew, ignoramus, approbation, vitiate, tarradiddle, coquetry, cupidity, billet-doux, vivify, inexorable, hynagogic, duplicity, gastronome, egregious, fractious, fructuous, Arcanum, supplicate, quixotic.

Town: You win when all mafia, sks and any other malicious third parties are eliminated.

Confirm in Thread

You can now see what I mean about the word list. I wasn't really confident in my skills to get someone to say "tarradiddle" or "billet-doux" so I went with "duplicity" day one. I did consider "ignoramus"...

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (isolation #16) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:47 pm

Post by xvart »

Thank you. I'll unvote you as a sign of good faith.

Unvote: totallynotmafia

And now...

Vote: bananas

For reasons stated above.

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (isolation #17) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:55 am

Post by xvart »

UncertainKitten wrote:And...CML, I'm gonna have to say that bananas is UK conspiracy theory is pretty stupid. All it achieves is getting me lynched/treestumped. That's not desirable as
either
alignment unless I have outted the other MJoAT. In which case I'm still of the opinion both of us should die. So, what motivation would I have for acting like my counterpart in such a way that gets me lynched?
Although I agree that the jester idea is very unlikely, isn't the point of the jester to get him/herself lynched?
totallynotmafia wrote:Thus if each day we get only whoever is about to be lynched to say the word, if that person flips scum and xv survives then I think we can safely conclude that he is town. Anyone who hammers without allowing the person to say the word will be really scummy in my eyes.
Works for me.
Fishythefish wrote:If Bananas's real account in NK'd, he will flip MNSJOAT, so we will know. The only reason to treestump him today is to prevent him using a night power (and for me, that risk is outweighed by his likely use of a protown night power).
You're right. I was thinking no reveal at all instead of no alignment reveal. Scratch my previous comments.

[/b]Unvote: Bananas[/b]
Fishythefish wrote:You don't get treestumping, do you? It removes a player from the game, in all ways but their posts. Effectively, they are dead. So we don't need to lynch treestumped scum, and saving yourself by treestumping is pointless as scum.
We could always agree to have UK treestump, then lynch her anyways by revoting her, right? Treestumping would essentially confirm the role. Another question is if Bananas treestumps, I assume that would mean Bananas real account would be unable to vote, too. We could then just watch the vote count and see whose vote resets or ask everyone to vote and whoever doesn't is Bananas; but I'm not sure if that is a good idea, yet.

I am of the opinion that UK should definitely treestump.

I am still deciding if we should force bananas to treestump, too.

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (isolation #18) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:56 am

Post by xvart »

Dammit.

Unvote: Bananas

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (isolation #19) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:32 am

Post by xvart »

Unless bananas is the scum half, I would think that leaving bananas alive tonight would be a threat to scum (with the possible risk of a rolecop) and might be an obvious NK choice, so it is possible that the scum could take care of the second lynch for us. I suggest we lynch UK, leave bananas alive and unstumped, then decide what to do about bananas tomorrow (weigh any rolecop findings, etc.). If the results are less than satisfying we can either lynch him or treestump him. Either way, our problem is most likely solved.
gelid wrote:i am suspicious of any shams that show up imitating or obvious buddy buddy to a real account -- not pro town -- only creates confusion -- remember -- lynch sham means lynch owner --
Zang wrote:What was the point of you showing up? At the present your justmakimg confusion. Why would tnm be stupid enough to make a sham that looks just like him?

Vote: totallynottotallynotmafia
I agree 100%. I can't think of one town reason for a post like totallynottotallynotmafias. I suggest you clarify the point or intention of your post.

Once UK treestumps we might consider lynching TNTNM, unless someone can think of a town maneuver in that post. I'll go ahead and place my vote there, but for the record once we come to a consensus on UK I will switch my vote.

Vote: totallynottotallynotmafia

I was wondering when imitating shams might show up. I think it would be prudent to agree that if any shams show up imitating the mod it be auto-lynched

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (isolation #20) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:23 am

Post by xvart »

Ugh. For the record, I did find the post quite humorous (especially the avatar); but I thought the post was highly distracting. I guess the precedence has been set for future shams.

Unvote: totallynottoallynotmafia

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (isolation #21) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:45 am

Post by xvart »

The more I read UK, the more I am convinced she is the scum MNJoAT. I wish there was someway to 100% confirm this because I do not want to prematurely speculate on the people she is voting/suspecting.

Let's get some more votes on her treestumping NOW.

Everyone that is dragging his feet on the crypto claim is getting highly suspicious; especially Espeonage since the link to the crypto site has been posted at least once and I think quoted one other time before he asked for the link. Added to that his only contribution is a discussion on the color green, his allergy to alcohol, and some promised unfulfilled content. The main question about why someone would simply not look back through the thread for the link to the crypto site and ask for it to be posted again only suggests that he is still trying to formulate a fake claim.

Vote: Espeonage

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (isolation #22) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:47 am

Post by xvart »

Fishythefish wrote:treestump votes for UK: me, tnm, xvart, UK, Zang (t-2)
treestump votes for Bananas: UK, Zang
As far as I can tell, you are still at T-2. Can I make two sham accounts and vote you over, or will that not count?

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (isolation #23) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:53 am

Post by xvart »

animorpherv1 wrote:I just want something to happen.
I think everyone has felt the same way about your contributions all game.

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (isolation #24) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:52 am

Post by xvart »

totallynotmafia wrote:Ah, I think I understand you now, I was under the impression that even if they are stumped they will still affect lylo and so we would have to lynch them anyway...but I wonder how that works with the scum person....will they still be able to submit nightkills?
They would only affect end game as warm bodies, so if there were three people left, one town and two treestumps, then I assume that the game would end in a draw because town can't get a majority (only one vote can be placed) and stumped scum can presumably not place a night kill. That is why I believe it to be prudent to go ahead with the UK lynch sooner as opposed to later. Out of bananas and UK, bananas is clearly the more pro-town (as admitted by UK). We also have some level of confirmability with the role cop ability. After we get that result we can then decide what to do with the information.

@mod:
if a person is lynched or NK'ed, do we learn the sham accounts associated with that person? Or do the shams just die a lonely death?
DedicatedScribe wrote:Sorry about the inactivity in this thread. I'll bet that once I take a good look at the thread, I'll be more interested and stay active in it.
I think so. This is the most interesting game I've played in my short tenure at MS.
UncertainKitten wrote:please don't make any wood jokes :P.
Now that you are stumped,
wood
you care less about "post stripes"? :D

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (isolation #25) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:33 pm

Post by xvart »

Alright, let's get this game back into gear. We either need to start moving some votes around to the lurkers (i.e. Espeonage) and put some serious pressure or we need to lynch UK.

Espeonage still needs to answer for the obvious delaying of crypto claiming.

Dedicated Scribe needs to post anything...

DocPotter appears to be in the process of lurking out/replacing.

Keeping UK around is making me sick because my head is swimming in WIFOM if she is scum and now she can bus the hell out of anyone and they can (and probably are) do the same to her.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (isolation #26) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:01 pm

Post by xvart »

Unvote
Vote: Dedicated Scribe

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (isolation #27) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:04 pm

Post by xvart »

Espeonage - move your vote over to Dedicated Scribe if you are going to be voting a lurker. DocPotter is a lost cause right now.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (isolation #28) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:50 am

Post by xvart »

I believe the whole DocPotter/Annachie thing is irrelevant in motives because he clearly doesn't care. Hunting out lurkers isn't going to be effective by scattering votes around; so move your vote over to Dedicated Scribe. Now.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (isolation #29) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:56 am

Post by xvart »

Unvote

Vote: UncertainKitten

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (isolation #30) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:02 am

Post by xvart »

UncertainKitten wrote:Real intelligent thar. Lynching a non entity? I'm eliminated. This is an 11 player game now. You still have a lynch. Are you seriously going to waste it?
Depends on your definition of "waste". I am of the opinion that you are scum; and at this point, until we get some contribution from our replacement and other lurkers, I would be happy with your lynch since presumably you are still operating under your scum win condition; therefore, I would rather not deal with the headache of WIFOM bussing/potential bussing and the other shenanigans you may or may not pull. I already said that once so this shouldn't be news or a surprise.

I will add, however, that I would be much more satisfied with lynching a "contributing" scum so don't worry; once DedicatedScribes replacement comes in I may change that. I didn't think my previous vote was justified anymore seeing as how DS was disinterested in the game.

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (isolation #31) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:56 am

Post by xvart »

Fishy/UK:
Was there any wording or notification indicating that upon the selection being made the scum team would be notified immediately who was the scum half of the role?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (isolation #32) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:56 am

Post by xvart »

EBWOP: Welcome, DeathNote.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (isolation #33) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:16 am

Post by xvart »

Well then, looking back at the time the mod note indicating the selectors had chosen side I find these two posts by Espeonage intriguing:
Espeonage wrote:
Vote bananas

I want to see the real account.
Espeonage clearly wants to know who the other selector is (after they had made their choices), so if he had been notified that there was another member of their team, he is fishing for a town power role.

Then, recently:
Espeonage wrote:UK is basically a confirmed scum right? So we should all vote for her?
(After the treestumping) Trying to jump on the bandwagon of a powerless teammate, perhaps?

Unvote
Vote: Espeonage

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (isolation #34) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:34 am

Post by xvart »

animorpherv1 wrote:DeathNote appears to not be reading the thread, (and the rules??). Because he'd know all of that stuff if he just read the thread.

Also, bananas (if he hasn't) should claim and stump, so we have guaranteed 1 less scum.
lol? A bit hypocritical, don't you think?

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (isolation #35) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:54 pm

Post by xvart »

Espionage
- why did you want to know who bananas was?
DeathNote wrote:At least I knew who Bananas was before you did. :roll:
lol.

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (isolation #36) » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:31 am

Post by xvart »

So do you think sham-Gelid's post was less bold? Did it not warrant a vote? If not, why? What about sham-TNTNM?

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (isolation #37) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:50 am

Post by xvart »

Hoopla wrote:
W
I
N
!!!

*takes bow*
Nice kill, Hoopla. And with such gusto, to boot. I am more certain of UK being scum now, and think we should continue to pressure another person who has waffled on her being scum or not: Espeonage. More votes please.

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (isolation #38) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:23 pm

Post by xvart »

CryMeARiver wrote:You do not actually mean we must notify you
in the game
do you? It works that we PM you our sham account username with our real account, correct?
I believe he means with your real "in game" account, like your non-sham account.

re: Hoopla
- I did say that anyone who impersonated the mod should be autolynched a while back; but I want to consider why a scum would do such a thing as a fake kill/fake mod vote count. I've seen gambits similar to that to get a reaction out of someone to see if scum slips up; but I can't see the advantage here for a scum. Anyone care to shed some light on a scum motivation in this situation?

I am leaning more towards the sham that pointed it out and that person more likely to be mafia because Hoopla's deal obviously fooled some of us so I think the most obvious person that would immediately recognize it would be a member of the scum team (unless of course DeathNote is scum). So I'm thinking the sham is a mafia member trying to set up Hoopla to be the mislynch tonight.

Just like I see no scum motivation for a fake DayKill gambit, I see no town reason to out Hoopla under a sham. I am open to other's interpretations, though.

Unvote

Vote: Cry_Me_A_River

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (isolation #39) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:29 pm

Post by xvart »

And the scum incentive to posting a fake DayKill and fake mod account is what?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (isolation #40) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:01 pm

Post by xvart »

Hoopla wrote:YOU IDIOT. You just ruined a perfectly good gambit. Why didn't you wait for DeathNote to come in - what did you serve to gain from it by announcing it before DeathNote came back in?
Isn't it obvious? This person clearly wants you to look scummy for impersonating the mod. This sham is scum city; my only concern is that it is UK.

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (isolation #41) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:04 pm

Post by xvart »

EBWOP: Hoopla - I don't think we will be able to generate a consensus on CallMeLiam in under 24 hours. At this point, the lynch is likely to be you or Cry_Me_A_River. Switch your vote and let's pressure this sham to at least come forward and at best lynch.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (isolation #42) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:08 pm

Post by xvart »

I suppose I could be wrong, but I think that because the front runner topic right now is you and your gambit and the person that outed you. In most people's eyes, I would think that one of the two of you are scum.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (isolation #43) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:49 am

Post by xvart »

A little anxious to claim? How many cops are there, then?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (isolation #44) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:51 am

Post by xvart »

EBWOP: My apologies, I got the shams confused. My vote (and everything I have said) should be directed at Hate_Me_Not.

Unvote
Vote: Hate_Me_Not

Although I'm feeling the CML lynch now, too.

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (isolation #45) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:02 am

Post by xvart »

EBWOP:
xvart wrote:
A little anxious to claim? How many cops are there, then?

xvart.
Nevermind - saw you claim that you haven't used it yet. Why didn't you use your so-called ability N0? Wouldn't you be interested in knowing how many cops are in the game to start with?

CallMeLiam is probably scum; but I still think that lynching the 100% scum sham is the best move since we won't ever know if the sham owner is dead since he/she could just stop posting.

(Sorry for triple post)

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (isolation #46) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:14 am

Post by xvart »

Arghh... I hate this last minute scrambling shit. In all honesty, I could care less if it is UK posting under that sham; Fishy would be for all practical purposes confirmed as town and that would give us an additional town voting member instead of another non-voting warm body. It would also eliminate a scum member that can say and do anything she wants with no retribution and no fear of bussing/not bussing.
CallMeLiam wrote:Fandango is my key, I haven't used the ability yet. Anyone want me to?
You had better use your ability tonight if you are not lynched.

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (isolation #47) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:16 am

Post by xvart »

EBWOP: I think we could also tell a lot from the wagon since scum wouldn't know who it is either, and would therefore be hesitant enough to vote for the sham.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (isolation #48) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:17 am

Post by xvart »

Okay then.

Unvote
Vote: CallMeLiam

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (isolation #49) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:53 am

Post by xvart »

I'm alive. The word I chose last night to educate all you town members about is "billet-doux".

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (isolation #50) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:55 am

Post by xvart »

Fishy - I don't see any harm in revealing your intended target.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (isolation #51) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:06 am

Post by xvart »

Which is exactly why voting for the scum sham from yesterday is the best move. If the sham was UK, oh well. If it was one of UKs partner's all the better. Hate_Me_Not is obvscum.

Since the votecount was reset:

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (isolation #52) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:36 am

Post by xvart »

CryMeARiver wrote:Urgh, I wish I knew what fishy's thoughts on posting your word were
Me too. I'm fine with discussion and waiting (a little while) for someone to say it; but I will point out that both TNM and Espeonage are still alive.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (isolation #53) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:58 am

Post by xvart »

CryMeARiver wrote:Why does that matter? Just because they said his word?
Well it means that me getting someone to say my selected words does not mean they are killed that night by some strange mechanic.
UncertainKitten wrote:People, are you all morons? Ok, more like, animorph, DeathNote, are you two morons?
So which one of these two is one of your pals?
UncertainKitten wrote:Also, why are you lynching Hate_Me_Not? We kinda don't know who he is either.
Because Hate_Me_Not is either you (which I wouldn't really be sad to go) or one of your pals. How little I care whether or not you know which one of your buds is going to be lynched. I'm sure you guys talked about it last night anyway, so your little feint is of little concern to me.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (isolation #54) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:03 pm

Post by xvart »

Can we slow down a bit before we out all the town power roles?

Ani - why did you target Hoopla last night?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (isolation #55) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:07 pm

Post by xvart »

xvart wrote:Can we slow down a bit before we out all the town
power roles
gun holders and gun finders?
Fixed.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (isolation #56) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:10 pm

Post by xvart »

DeathNote wrote:I am going to go ahead and claim Hate_Me_Not as my role. It is obviously a huge distraction to town. I understand it being considered a scummy tactic, but only for anyone else beside me. I had all the right in the world to do that seeing as I was the one being Fake killed. To prove it was me, I will add this PM conversation that I had with Zoraster after my initial two PMs.
Why wouldn't you just post as you in the thread? Something along the lines of... I don't know... "I'm actually not dead..."

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (isolation #57) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:59 pm

Post by xvart »

What's the code to your original claim?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (isolation #58) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:48 pm

Post by xvart »

Hoopla wrote:2) I don't think it was DeathNote's sham account that got Liam lynched.
It didn't help; of course if DN is town then we would've been lynching a town member either way. I am still highly suspicious of DN. I see no reason for a town member to make a sham to announce that he is not really dead.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (isolation #59) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:23 pm

Post by xvart »

I am also still feeling Hoopla as town. I'll be anxious to see what "TheRealGunsmith" has to say, assuming that is a sham for this game.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (isolation #60) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:22 pm

Post by xvart »

I guess the only reason I can think of scumHoopla to pull the DayKill gambit is if Hoopla thought there was another scum team/third party. I truly thought Hoopla was town after that stunt, but I suppose that could have been the point, too.

I now buy into the changed cryptoclaiming being unacceptable.

Unvote
Vote: Hoopla

DeathNote wrote:If I am now considered scum based off Hate_Me_Not, then perhaps I shouldn't have claimed it after all. I figured that was pro town thing to do at this point.
This doesn't really fly in my book because the pro-town thing would have been to post in your DN account yesterday. Just because you did something pro-town today to cover up a scum thing yesterday does not eliminate the fact that it was scummy yesterday. And, the alleged pm's between the mod and you don't rule out some third party anti-town role.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #985 (isolation #61) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:50 am

Post by xvart »

gg. I had a lot of fun with that game while I was alive, even though I didn't yield a lot of info I had a blast of a time trying to manipulate my power role to be beneficial. I'll post some more about what I was trying to do with the word tracker later.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #990 (isolation #62) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:04 pm

Post by xvart »

I really put a lot of thought into how to play this role, and I figured the best bet was to just try and play it straight and see if I could get people to say the word I picked. It wasn't until after my first two attempts that I realized I could use a sham account as the word and just get people to say the name of the sham. I then thought of the "obsessive compolsive word educator" and thought that it might have some degree of forcing scum to say the word by not wanting to outwardly appear like they wanted me to die by suicide during the night; hoping that a scummy person would say the word when prompted. Then I created the sham based word. Gelid was the day two word, not billet-doux.

I worked through my fake claim forever, making sure it was perfect. I left off some words that I could use as a sham later on. I thought I screwed myself in my original joke claim about the macho selector because I accidentally left in the part about "you are the town macho neutral..." since my original pm said "you are the town word tracker..."

My original, full, real role pm:
zoraster wrote:You are the town Word Use Tracker. Every night (including Night 0), you may pick a word from the list below. If someone other than you uses that word the following day, the next night you may track someone in addition to picking a new word. In order to use your power, you must link me to the post that uses that word in your PM with your target.

You may use the word yourself, but it does not count if they quote you or intended to quote you.

The words you may select are dictionary.com’s word-of-the-day for February: mondegreen, gelid, aubade, pecuniary, distrait, eschew, ignoramus, approbation, vitiate, tarradiddle, coquetry, quietus, cupidity, billet-doux, vivify, inexorable, hynagogic, duplicity, gastronome, egregious, bombast, fractious, fructuous, Arcanum, gregarious, mulct, supplicate, quixotic.

When you track someone, you will see who, if anyone, that player visited that night or the previous day. Any action that targets a player will get a result. Some roles may visit more than one player a night.

Town: You win when all mafia, sks and any other malicious third parties are eliminated.

Confirm in Thread

My cryptoclaims below... On day one I had the choice between TNM and Espeonage. On day two I only had Espeonage again.

gelid ISO 1
Code: VUQDR-IWHOT-XDZWV-CJCXV-VUGZK-QSHOU-CEIVS-MQOZI-YGSIN-FQIOD-PWSRO-CMSFF

##### Encrypted: decrypt with http://www.fourmilab.ch/javascrypt/
ZZZZZ CTVWG DKQIF SVHWT PTKSX PLQAQ JJHMM JAICV JFPGR NDFKB SCJAG
SDVXC LLGFJ XKBUB OUXER JKRIQ PDJMO QEWXU EMLAC WGUES XOLNN LPUKG
DWVKG MSXUJ CRXGA GEREH GRRZZ YYYYY
##### End encrypted message
I am the tracker.
Gelid ISO 2
Code: HTPDC-GGZSH-UKPRU-BTNKH-YMBXR-IVBJF-AWKXL-QRNBC-IJWRR-ERBYL-ODERK-GQSHN

ZZZZZ WNVSB KTAFD FJMTQ MTAQG QIOWB DUISX TBNTL GDNRD RVEUW DBPDL
DFBFG FGGFV TEUHO OWLGV TAXMF MWRRW MQXNS KVEGH EUCWQ WZZZZ YYYYY
tracker i am
gelid ISO 3
Code: gelid night one gelid

ZZZZZ AXPPA OQSHD VCERU PEKKS SKGAS JBVJM QFIUL ELKXC JFDHA VBJHA
CEMFV INKMB MQCIQ CVFWJ UJQHR UAJWA NDAPW ESDIH BGXCL NHLWW AXSTX
KXIXF NTEBL PAOKE WJEMA DUPSO OGIOJ HCTCS VJPVW FFKPH ILVGC JQVFI
XRLSQ ODJIT VMJEK QXXDT KVKPB JFWVE LHABJ OLLKS REHAJ UVFDU OTFAN
TSVPL EVWBM WDQPI CGDJT LSUGP UWMKC JOUHN DQHSL QUQIF BRHHS KEAAC
EQBVT JWXXC KVNEC HCAWW OWOKE XKJOD XOBWT LIJKL RJFQG PKBOX CFIMX
GFATR FBXJS BXROF VFUNL TPCFP RWZZZ YYYYY
i tracked espeonage -- he did not go anywhere -- i was told "You tracked Espeonage, but he didn't visit anyone last night." --
It wasn't until the last crypto post that I realized that you could just post anything and were not required to auto-generate a code...

@scum
- if I had stayed off the hoopla lynch wagon would you still have NK'ed me? I was really surprised when I was NK (but didn't realize the setup for the DeathNote lynch of course) since I was wishy washy about Hoopla.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”