Mini 941: (Almost) No Rules Mafia (Game Over)

Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:37 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Ok. Hoopla MUST give the key to their crypto-claim OR provide a damn good reason for the fake kill.
Don't @ me.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:39 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Hate_Me_Not wrote:I am curious about Hoopla's strategy. Why would she fake a kill on someone? Is she maf? I am up for a Hoopla lynch until she explains her actions.

Plz note who is alive on the front page.
YOU IDIOT. You just ruined a perfectly good gambit. Why didn't you wait for DeathNote to come in - what did you serve to gain from it by announcing it before DeathNote came back in?
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:45 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Off the top of my head, I can think of...

*Confusing town for a ml when deadline is only a few days away. (Sorta working right now)
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Hate_Me_Not wrote:I am curious about Hoopla's strategy. Why would she fake a kill on someone? Is she maf? I am up for a Hoopla lynch until she explains her actions.

Plz note who is alive on the front page.
Stupid. Whoever this account is needs to claim. Don't hide!

~~

Well, not all is lost, as we've collected a good sample of reactions before someone caught onto it. I think DeathNote's claim of talking to the mod about if he was a miller or something sounds legitimate, but I would like to see quoted PM's in his next post ASAP.

But if we're to assume DeathNote is town, can we gauge any real information from this? Lets see;
xvart wrote:Nice kill, Hoopla. And with such gusto, to boot. I am more certain of UK being scum now, and think we should continue to pressure another person who has waffled on her being scum or not: Espeonage. More votes please.

xvart.
First up is xvart who is quite quick to believe it, which makes me think it is more town motivated than not (regardless of DeathNote's alignment). It seems like a genuine, clear town reaction, as I expect scum to deliberate (especially if DeathNote was scum, he'd unlikely be a goon due to the wacky nature of this game) - but even if he was town, he would have known I was faking from the outset, which I see no signs of.
Zang wrote:Wow DS was scum

and
Unvote
because crymeariver is a lot more active.

Will post something better later.
Only a quick response, but it also came quite quickly. It's more likely to be town motivated, but it's the sort of comment I imagine scum saying to fake being fooled (especially if DeathNote is town). Too small a comment to really analyse sufficiently though.
totallynotmafia wrote:Well that makes things easier, nice one Hoopla. If you have unlimited daykills I suggest killing UK and Fishy so we still save the lynches but we get to learn their allignments.

If it isn't possible for both UK and Fishy to be daykilled then I'd be happy to stick with the old plan of giving Fishy the benefit of the doubt and allowing him at least one rolecop investigation before stumping.
TTM is the first to suggest killing off UK and Fishy if I have unlimited daykills, which initially seems fishy to me, but I can understand his motivation. Also, the suggestion of unlimited daykills as a role is absurb and displays a lack of understanding which suggests he probably believed the fakemod post. TTM is probably town.
Fishythefish wrote:Congratulations to Hoopla, nice kill. One scumteam flavour, note.

On the offchance that you have any more kills, I agree that daykilling UK and I would be a good thing, though I'd still like a night to rolecop. Hoopla should not comment on whether he has any more kills, of course.
This feels town, but I am quite likely biased from Fishy's prob-town odds at the moment. Out of all these players, I'd have expected Fishy to notice, and him reading the flavour to determine we have one scumteam due to flavour indicates he read it long enough to potentially notice the fake mod post.

Fishy, were you playing along in your post?

~~

Unfortunately, I haven't generated any real scum reads from this - I think I could have if more players were fooled before it was outed as a sham account. But the good news is that xvart and totallynotmafia are quite likely town (especially when coupled with their individual play, both have been driving this game through inactivity).

I'm still happy to lynch Liam. I'm also happy to take questions on why I did this.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:13 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Mod:
I'm voting CallMeLiam, not CryMeARiver
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:01 pm

Post by xvart »

Hoopla wrote:YOU IDIOT. You just ruined a perfectly good gambit. Why didn't you wait for DeathNote to come in - what did you serve to gain from it by announcing it before DeathNote came back in?
Isn't it obvious? This person clearly wants you to look scummy for impersonating the mod. This sham is scum city; my only concern is that it is UK.

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:04 pm

Post by xvart »

EBWOP: Hoopla - I don't think we will be able to generate a consensus on CallMeLiam in under 24 hours. At this point, the lynch is likely to be you or Cry_Me_A_River. Switch your vote and let's pressure this sham to at least come forward and at best lynch.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:06 pm

Post by Hoopla »

xvart wrote:EBWOP: Hoopla - I don't think we will be able to generate a consensus on CallMeLiam in under 24 hours. At this point, the lynch is likely to be you or Cry_Me_A_River. Switch your vote and let's pressure this sham to at least come forward and at best lynch.

xvart.
Without my vote, CryMeARiver and CallMeLiam both have two votes. What makes you think you're likelier to get consensus on the former but not the latter?
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:08 pm

Post by xvart »

I suppose I could be wrong, but I think that because the front runner topic right now is you and your gambit and the person that outed you. In most people's eyes, I would think that one of the two of you are scum.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:17 pm

Post by Hoopla »

xvart wrote:I suppose I could be wrong, but I think that because the front runner topic right now is you and your gambit and the person that outed you. In most people's eyes, I would think that one of the two of you are scum.

xvart.
I'd like to think even if I am power-lynched because of what I've done, it will have provided a good deal of information to sift through. I've given two solid town reads, and had the opportunity to gauge a reaction from DeathNote (a slot we know nothing about other than an avoidance to cryptoclaim) before it was ruined.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:49 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

So, things arising from Hoopla's fakekill:
1. Yeah, I was playing along. I've been checking the mod's name pretty carefully.
2. CMAR's reaction after reveal is "surprised, wants to analyse (but doesn't)". In other words, useless and potentially fencesitting as to whether Hoopla is scummy. This is backed up by his immediate fluff post, and his move onto Hoopla since.
3. I think the votes for Hoopla and other demands to explain are just weird. Can anyone think of a way in which Hoopla's actions were going to permanently hurt the town or help any other faction? I can't.
4. xvart on Hoopla is goodposting. That xvart guy is soooo town.

Right now, I'm up for lynching CMAR or CML. I will be active before deadline.

@mod: sorry, I suck at timezones and daylight savings time. Could you give the deadline in terms of hours from a post if possible?
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:56 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

Hmmm. Also, if Hoopla
is
scum, likely so is the default lynch for the day. Whoever that was. I'll look later to see if there's an obvious one.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:07 pm

Post by Hoopla »

I will also be active up until the deadline.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:57 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

xvart wrote:
CryMeARiver wrote:You do not actually mean we must notify you
in the game
do you? It works that we PM you our sham account username with our real account, correct?
I believe he means with your real "in game" account, like your non-sham account.

re: Hoopla
- I did say that anyone who impersonated the mod should be autolynched a while back; but I want to consider why a scum would do such a thing as a fake kill/fake mod vote count. I've seen gambits similar to that to get a reaction out of someone to see if scum slips up; but I can't see the advantage here for a scum. Anyone care to shed some light on a scum motivation in this situation?

I am leaning more towards the sham that pointed it out and that person more likely to be mafia because Hoopla's deal obviously fooled some of us so I think the most obvious person that would immediately recognize it would be a member of the scum team (unless of course DeathNote is scum). So I'm thinking the sham is a mafia member trying to set up Hoopla to be the mislynch tonight.

Just like I see no scum motivation for a fake DayKill gambit, I see no town reason to out Hoopla under a sham. I am open to other's interpretations, though.

Unvote

Vote: Cry_Me_A_River

xvart.
Can't post a lot now, but I did come across this and I must say that I have yet to post a sham account. And even if I did, I would not be as stupid to post right after my sham account either. If you are truly looking for the person with that sham, it is not here.
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:01 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Fishythefish wrote: @mod: sorry, I suck at timezones and daylight savings time. Could you give the deadline in terms of hours from a post if possible?
Deadline is 10 hours from this post.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:57 am

Post by Zang »

don't have much time but hooplas logic makes sence. But I think we should lynch cml or hmn so
Vote: CallMeLiam
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:53 am

Post by CallMeLiam »

Fandango is my key, I haven't used the ability yet. Anyone want me to?

vote: hmn
is now full, but replacements are always welcome.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:49 am

Post by xvart »

A little anxious to claim? How many cops are there, then?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:51 am

Post by xvart »

EBWOP: My apologies, I got the shams confused. My vote (and everything I have said) should be directed at Hate_Me_Not.

Unvote
Vote: Hate_Me_Not

Although I'm feeling the CML lynch now, too.

xvart.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:02 am

Post by xvart »

EBWOP:
xvart wrote:
A little anxious to claim? How many cops are there, then?

xvart.
Nevermind - saw you claim that you haven't used it yet. Why didn't you use your so-called ability N0? Wouldn't you be interested in knowing how many cops are in the game to start with?

CallMeLiam is probably scum; but I still think that lynching the 100% scum sham is the best move since we won't ever know if the sham owner is dead since he/she could just stop posting.

(Sorry for triple post)

xvart.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:40 am

Post by totallynotmafia »

Unvote, Vote Hate_Me_Not

Given the baffling use of a sham account this is the only sensible lynch so close to deadline...hurry up guys and jump on the vote otherwise we've completely lost the advantage we gained with stumping UK.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:58 am

Post by Hoopla »

Yep, I can get behind this.

Unvote, vote: Hate_Me_Not

zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:19 am

Post by zoraster »

Day 1 Vote Count
Hoopla ( 1 ) DeathNote
totallynotmafia ( 0 )
UncertainKitten ( 0 )
xvart ( 0 )
animorpherv1 ( 0 )
Zang ( 1 ) CooLDoG
Espeonage ( 0 )
DeathNote ( 0 )
CryMeARiver ( 0 )
CallMeLiam ( 3 ) CryMeARiver FishytheFish Zang
FishytheFish ( 0 )
CooLDoG ( 0 )
totallynottotallynotmafia ( 0 )
Annachie ( 1 ) Espeonage
hate_me_not ( 4 ) CallMeLiam xvart totallynotmafia Hoopla
Not Voting ( 1 ) animorpherv1
Total Votes ( 11 )

With 11 Alive, it takes 6 to lynch
Deadline: Tuesday, March 30th at 16:00 EDT
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:22 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

We have four hours. I can't vote. You all gonna generate two more votes on Hate Me by then?
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:40 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Bleh. Lynches are better than no lynches. I have no great opinions as to HMN's alignment, but I suppose it could come from mafia forgetting it can be lynched. It's also annoying that if HMN has scumbuddies, they don't even know he is scum, so wagon analysis is useless.

unvote, vote: Hate_Me_Not

We need a hammer asap.

CML claims a cop census taker. This is a role which would work equally well for scum as for town (although the sanities part would point slightly to town, I suppose).

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”