Mini #893 - Dollhouse Mafia (Game Over!)

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2150 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:06 am

Post by farside22 »

:roll:
Why is SC scum? Why have you been following? Who are you top scum suspects?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #2151 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:35 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Ok, should I just hammer him? We've given the guy a chance. Lots of chances actually. He's either scum or... he's town who hasn't tried at all this game and won't even try to save himself now.

(Also farside your new avatar is totally cute!)
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2152 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:39 am

Post by farside22 »

elvis_knits wrote:Ok, should I just hammer him? We've given the guy a chance. Lots of chances actually. He's either scum or... he's town who hasn't tried at all this game and won't even try to save himself now.

(Also farside your new avatar is totally cute!)
*huggles son* That was from about 3 weeks ago and he was just eating some choco cake. He put his face down onto the table to slurp up the ice cream that was with the cake.

Sorry goo mom story there but it makes me giggle.

I don't see Pug as town. He hasn't tried, or attempted any sort of defense. I wanted to hear from SC, pul and CTD a bit more before a hammer.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2153 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:43 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

I'm actually not ready for the day to end either.

Unvote

SC needs to post, he hasn't provided anything of substance yet today, which is particularly irksome coming off his push against Ortolan.

Pulindar is somewhat freaking me out with his play today, and I want to reread his predecessors.

I'm not comfortable with a lynch before those two things happen.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2154 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:41 pm

Checked up on Plum. Read is somewhat conflicted, but overall pretty good.

What bothered me about her play is how she balanced slight attacks with defenses when it comes to VMD (scum) and SC (one of my top suspects). Both players she attacked on a more or less regular basis, but most of the time, she changed her mind halfway through her long-ass posts and ended up actually defending their actions. This kept both of them in her focus, but always out of reach from her vote, which could indicate distancing. This was particularly irritating on D2, when she took part in the Starbuck wagon. All of this is counterbalanced by the fact that I don't find it very likely that a scumbag would heavily bus one buddy while distancing from another (possibly two) in a game with these mechanics. Not impossible, but not very likely.

On the plus side, her scum-hunting seems pretty genuine. Apart from the SB vote, which still doesn't make sense to me, I didn't get the impression that she tailored her opinions to an ulterior motive. Despite my problem with the way she behaved towards VMD, calling attention to her when it wasn't the cool thing to do is a plus in my book (particularly since she was a contender for an imprint on D1). As is the strong presence on the DN wagon. She was pro-Limerick, pro Elvis, and somewhat pro-Buttonmen when it comes to imprinting (though she was largely ambivalent towards the latter around the time he was imprinted, she seemed to be pretty cool about it).

On the whole, her body of work here feels decent to me. Reading Socrates' part of the game next.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2155 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:37 pm

Reread Socrates. Not as good as I remembered it.

I didn't really realize it back then because I was so glad to have support against KoC, but his suspicions were pretty crappy apart from the KoC-hate. He voiced suspicion against both Limerick and Buttonmen, and planted the seed of doubt on their claims that contributed to the Buttonmen lynch. On the other end of the spectrum, he had SC down as town for most of his stint, for no reason that is apparent to me. In fact, the first instance where he firmly states his pro-SC stance is fairly bizarre to me. How can arguing with a player reinforce your town-read on a different player? This is particularly bothersome to me because he never acknowledged the fact that I posted an extensive case against SC myself way-back (other than his "CTD's megaposts probably mean he's town" stance). I don't feel like his suspicion of Limerick was strong enough to justify using his attack against SC as a decisive point in the latter's favor.

Even more bizarre is his behavior around the farside imprint. Suddenly, he gets very paranoid about SC for a moment, before making a U-turn and voting to imprint farside himself. Before and after this incident, he has SC firmly on the town-end of his list of suspicion.

His Buttonmen vote, while certainly not a stellar act of pro-townness, still doesn't bother me much. It didn't come out of the blue (he was anti-Buttonmen since he replaced in), and I can see it coming from frustrated town.

Finally, his actions post-KoC-lynch have not been very encouraging.

The two things that made me like him in the first place, wanting KoC dead dead dead, and supporting me in my suspicions and strategy stances, I still view as pro-town, because I sorely needed it in a town behaving like headless chicken. But I can see the former as a bus and the latter as buttering me up.

It's not enough to turn my read completely around, but it does make me waiver.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #2156 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

FWIW I cannot read Plum. Ever. I have seen her buss her buddies REALLY convincingly on more than one occasion, and I consider her a very tricksy player for me in particular to read.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2157 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:50 pm

Btw, if it wasn't obvious, I'm investigating the possibility of a SC-Pulindar scumteam (or a Pug-Pulindar scumteam to a lesser extent). This is because I'm not comfortable at all with how passive both Pulindar and SC have been today. SC, after a day in which he lead the lynch against ortolan using a dazzling flurry of faulty or misleading evidence and speculating wildly on scum-pairs, has come up with
nothing
so far. No suspects, no leads, no participation. Pulindar, similarly, seems at a loss (he had "nothing to add" at the beginning of a new day and having the benefit of a fairly fresh read-through). Of particular note is that he hasn't commented on Pug
at all
today, opting instead to get into a brief, fruitless and lazy argument with farside.

While I do think it's possible that one of them is scum with Pug and not wanting to bus, I also find it distinctly possible that they are scum together and hoping for the collective remaining town to mislynch. Of course, the problem with this theory is that Pug is genuinly scummy on his own.

I will finish my analysis of Pulindar's playerslot (and comment on some stuff that bothered me about his initial analysis that I didn't get around to at the time) and then reread Pug before I make up my mind on which scenario is more likely. Naturally, an SC reread would also help, but my time is short and I can't make any promises.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2158 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:28 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

SC, after a day in which he lead the lynch against ortolan using a dazzling flurry of faulty or misleading evidence and speculating wildly on scum-pairs, has come up with nothing so far.
I remember as a debater after school I was invited to go back with my lads and do a joke friendly debate - a few gags and jibes in front of an audience that will be a bit of fun. We met up in the kebab shop an hour before the debate and jotted down a few one-liners.

When we got up to the stage there were a couple of hundred people watching and our opponents were writing furiously and had copious amounts of notes and we started to get a little worried about our relaxed approach to the event.

The speaker announced the debate, indicating that they would speak first. They got up and said 'Ladies and gentlemen, so far we have not heard a SINGLE piece of evidence from the negative team tonight.'

Everyone laughed, including us, and we realised we weren't going to be nearly as funny as we should have.

That little aside is just to roll my eyes at the quote from CTD above. As everyone that night recognised, you can't put forward any sort of argument or evidence if you aren't around.

The second order of business (now that I'm feelign all official) is to apologise form y absense. This is the last game I'm in at the moment, with life getitng very busy recently I've cut down from 6 to 1 and probably zero after this one. So I'm really trying, but my posts will be less frequent and long from here on out.

The third... ok, I'm over the signposting.

Ortolan flipping town is a bummer, but not the end of the world. Yesterday was a 1/4 chance, so I'm not kickign myself, especially given there's no NK if we get it wrong.

For whatever reason, my logical reads aren't doing very well. I'm happy with my town reads, at least, and I'm actually a bit nonplussed about the next lynch. I think farside, elvis and reck are town, so the others are a decent bet.

I still like the CTD lynch. If I was anyone but me and CTD was scum, I think I'd be close to confirmed town, but I just had that long game with farside where I bussed for days and days so she'd get all paranoid and wouldn't let herself think I'm town. But it's totally true anyway.

Pug is a fair lynch.

Pulidar is a fair lynch too.

Hell, I'm a fair lynch. But don't do that one.

It's bizarre to think that all those imprinted on D3 were town, unless farside isn't town.
farside wrote:The other person and I'm sorry SC it's just because of VMD's action is you.
Since when are you apologetic for suspecting me?
I'm old now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2159 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:42 am

Post by farside22 »

Since when are you apologetic for suspecting me?
Every time I accuse you, you make it seem like I have some personal issue or vendatte which isn't the case. I imagine me accusing you almost every day without voting you is weird. My list has you in second and Pul moved up from his spot to CTD.
I can't see CTD scum as much with his most recent post.
I still like the CTD lynch. If I was anyone but me and CTD was scum, I think I'd be close to confirmed town, but I just had that long game with farside where I bussed for days and days so she'd get all paranoid and wouldn't let herself think I'm town. But it's totally true anyway.
I don't know why you like CTD as scum. So far you haven't been real aggressive or forthcoming on reason's here.
Second paranoid is absolutely part of the reason I find scum. I see something and maybe it's paranoid but it's mostly right.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2160 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:48 pm

Seriously?

Sorry farside, I don't mean to guilt trip you. If you're referring to earlier in this game with all the drama then at the time I DID feel like you had some personal thing against me, but I didn't think that it was driving your scum read. And we're well past that now, aren't we? Suspect away...

I don't know, he's my gut read. Could be a terrible one, because he's obviously a good player and he did push the VRK wagon hard, but his posts make me itch.
I'm old now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2161 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by farside22 »

Reading Pug's last post is a player that won't be offering or doing anything to change the views people have.
It's a defeatist approach. My vote is pretty much standing there.

@SC: Yes it was from earlier in the game.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2162 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:01 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Can someone go read Revenge of the Crimson King and meta Socrates compared to his playstyle here? I'd do it myself but I'm using a friends phone
green shirt thursdays
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2163 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:09 am

Post by farside22 »

xRECKONERx wrote:Can someone go read Revenge of the Crimson King and meta Socrates compared to his playstyle here? I'd do it myself but I'm using a friends phone
I will see if I have time today. I don't want to let Pug slide by. KOC did and he flipped scum and Pug is almost to the same extent as KOC at this point. Once people start feeling more town towards players the scum have greater reason to give up.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2164 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:10 pm

Socrates didn't do anythign particularly different to the two town metas I have of him.

I'll join Pug's wagon, it's L-1 now.

vote Pug
I'm old now.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2165 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:18 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

SerialClergyman wrote:Socrates didn't do anythign particularly different to the two town metas I have of him.

I'll join Pug's wagon, it's L-1 now.

vote Pug
That was my thought/memory from that game.
green shirt thursdays
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2166 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:28 pm

Post by iamausername »

-=Vote Count #65=-

Montana (3) - Iowa, Kansas, Alaska

Not Voting (4) - Georgia, Montana, Virginia, Colorado

4 to lynch.

-=Imprint Count #65=-

Virginia (4) - Iowa, Alaska, Virginia, Georgia
Kansas (4) - Iowa, Alaska, Virginia, Kansas

Iowa (1) - Iowa
Alaska (0)
Colorado (0)
Georgia (0)
Montana (0)

4 to imprint.

ALASKA = SerialClergyman
COLORADO = CrashTextDummie
GEORGIA = Socrates
IOWA = xRECKONERx
KANSAS = farside22
MONTANA = Pug89
VIRGINIA = elvis_knits

-=Pulindar has been prodded=-
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2167 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:50 pm

Post by Pulindar »

Hey sorry guys, I fell behind. I just got prodded, let me go over what's happened
"If I had to label someone as dangerous, it'd be Pulindar. I have a feeling his scum game is very similar to his town game.... What I think is dangerous about Pulindar is that his scumreads feel so liquid. He can post a wall of questions and decide he doesn't like your answer to one of them and justify a vote on you." ~ Prawneater
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2168 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:30 pm

Post by Pulindar »

ok, I see that Pug is the most likely person getting lynched today.

that means that if he flips town there are still two people who are scum, and if he flips scum there all you need to do is find his partner

The way I see it, from everything I've seen so far I'm positive that both Farside and Elvis are both town. If we don't imprint, then we can lynch everyone else in any order and town still wins.

The only reason I haven't voted yet, is because I realize that you guys are still discussing stuff.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2169 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:41 pm

While I appreciate your conservative sentiment, this page alone has taken 2.5 slow days to produce.

In general terms I agree with you, Pulidar, the only problem is that if we don't get any mafia we could convceivably end up with darside/elvis and scum/scum which would be a draw at best. So it's still not worth just going crazy.
I'm old now.
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2170 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:53 am

Post by Pulindar »

hmm I will admit the last time I went with the approach of finding town instead of finding scum I completely lost (I chose both scum as town and proceeded to lynch everyone else accordingly.)

My second open science game that happened, where I was a mason.
but still, I'm pretty convinced that both farside and elvis are scum, aren't you?

In your post above you said that Elvis, farside, and reck are all town and a CTD lynch (with a scum flip) would make you town as well. I don't see where the problem is.

As for not going crazy I assume that means that you want me to wait before voting? :)
"If I had to label someone as dangerous, it'd be Pulindar. I have a feeling his scum game is very similar to his town game.... What I think is dangerous about Pulindar is that his scumreads feel so liquid. He can post a wall of questions and decide he doesn't like your answer to one of them and justify a vote on you." ~ Prawneater
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2171 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:06 am

No, I'm just saying it's worth discussing as opposed to just lynching off a list.

And there's no real problem from my point of view - you'll notice that the same lynches you've pointed to are the same ones I listed in my post as decent lynches. I'm pretty cool with nayone who isn't a town read at the moment.
I'm old now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2172 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:19 am

Post by farside22 »

SC do you have a list of scum to town that I missed?
Same question to pul
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2173 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:24 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I've seen a few people call me town, yet I have no imprint votes outside of myself.
Hmmm.
green shirt thursdays
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2174 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:34 am

Post by Pulindar »

hmm Farside no I guess I don't, I've just sorta been rolling with it

Town: Pulindar, Elvis, Farside, Reck, SC, Pug, CTD : Scum

I think that the general perspective goes like

Town: Elvis, Farside, Reck, SC, Pulindar, CTD, Pug : Scum

But I'm not sure if that's how people generally feel or not. That's just what I've been able to determine.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”