Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by Steam-Powered Shovel »

/confirm

Vote: semioldguy
The great advantage of the tiger in unarmed combat is that he eats not only the raspberry-laden foe but also the raspberries.
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:15 am

TheChestPube, please hop on the semioldguy bandwagon. It would be mucho appreciated.

semioldguy, please place an OMGUS vote on semioldguy in retaliation.
The great advantage of the tiger in unarmed combat is that he eats not only the raspberry-laden foe but also the raspberries.
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #2) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:54 am

FoS: Chest
for ignoring my post.

P.S. Judging books by their covers helps the town immensely. It makes it much easier to decide which books to burn along with the people we're executing.
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (isolation #3) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:12 am

FoS: semioldguy
for not voting.
semioldguy wrote: In other news, I will be using a point system this game. There are six of you and two of you are scum. That gives any of you a 33.3% chance of being scum and as such you all begin with 33 points. If I like you, I'll take some of your points away. If not, then I'll give you more.
But then you'll have 6 percentage points unaccounted for! Blasphemy!
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (isolation #4) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:54 pm

Chest wrote:It's not that I purposefully ignored it, I just didn't like the way you were trying to get me to blindly follow whatever scheme you had planned. I don't like even more the fact that you can't accept that.
You're pretty much supposed to not do what I asked you to (it was definitely too early for a Lynch Minus One vote). That doesn't mean you shouldn't respond to it.
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #5) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:17 pm

Yes.
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #6) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:45 am

Chest is not getting modkilled. Jackabomb is just joking.
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #7) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:08 am

I mostly tend to go with gut reads. My gut is as infallible as the pope.
Personally I keep a post by post analysis of every player, and try to sort the posts by whether they feel pro-town or anti-town. But most of all I look for inconsistencies, lies, and attempts to misdirect, or avoid queries.
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (isolation #8) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:50 pm

Gah, I picked the wrong day to be away for the site.

First, my FoS on page 1: it was relatively minor, I like FoSes and I like to be bandwagonning at that point in the game.

Second, policy lynches: I don't go for them.

Re the Lacey-semioldguy argument: I disagree with most of what semioldguy is saying, but I'm not really seeing anything genuinely scummy yet (as semioldguy correctly pointed, there's been quite a bit of theoretical discussion, which means a whole lot of null tells). So I'll
unvote
at this point. Lacey was looking pretty decent until post 91. She went from "quite possibly anti-town VT" (paraphrased) to probable scum rather quickly.

I like how mavsfan tried to derail this argument.

I will post more tomorrow. Need to sleep now.
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (isolation #9) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:52 am

No matter how vehemently I disagree with so much of what semioldguy is saying, I can not help but believe his intentions are sincere. Lacey, on the other hand, has gone after semioldguy pretty hard her last couple of posts and I'm not liking those posts.

For example:
Lacey wrote:* He doesn't add or subtract points based on scummy behavior it's entirely based on wherther he "like
you" or not.
* He is attempting to cast himself as town already, and the world's greatest scum hunter.
* This "system" could easily be used to attempt to stifle discussion
* The only real purpose of announcing this "system" is to stifle discussion or create a false air of authority.
The first point is a clear misrepresentation. The second point's first part is pretty clearly false. The third point is also false. I haven't seen any stifling of discussion.
The fourth point is just very shortsighted. I can easily imagine a player deciding that they'd like to try a points system to structure their thoughts.

The case on semioldguy is bogus and it feels to me that Lacey thought she had the support of the town in the debate and decided to try and use that to push through a lynch. Her opinion regarding semioldguy changed unnaturally quickly.
Vote: Lacey
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (isolation #10) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:11 am

Lacey wrote:No it isn't.
semioldguy wrote:In other news, I will be using a point system this game. There are six of you and two of you are scum. That gives any of you a 33.3% chance of being scum and as such you all begin with 33 points.
If I like you, I'll take some of your points away. If not, then I'll give you more.
This is very clearly what he said.
Technically speaking, yes. That is what he said. But I think it's clear from context that he's saying that he'll give points to scummy-looking people. It's definitely sloppy use of language on his part, but that's all. You not only strip it from context, you also force a different meaning on it.
Lacey wrote:
The second point's first part is pretty clearly false. The third point is also false.
On 2, you don't believe he is attempting to cast himself as town? Care to explain?
He's arguing that's he's a good scumhunter. Being a good scumhunter =/= being town.
Lacey wrote:As for 3, we didn't buy into his system, so he failed.
What exactly is there to buy into?
Lacey wrote:However, I believe that if Lacey were scum, she would have wanted a hammer already. The fact that she is strongly against any hammers is pro-town if she isn't 100% sure that semioldguy is scum. She has voted for him putting him at L-1 which could be a crafty way to hammer without directly hammering, but I doubt that.
Assuming Laceyscum and sogtown, who else do you look to if sog is lynched? Especially if she had told you to hammer, the town would hold her responsible for the mislynch. At the same time, we simply haven't had enough input from players besides Lacey and sog to have strong reasons to suspect any of them. Waiting with the lynch is just good play here for scum.

P.S. Using the Oilers in a NHL metaphor is kind of unfair, since the Oilers are only technically a NHL team.
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (isolation #11) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:04 pm

Sorry for my lack of posting.
Lacey wrote:Because I was baiting you for evidence, and you are right, there is nothing you could have said at that point, to that line of questioning which would not have seemed scummy. There were just some answers that would have seemed less scummy.
This position is untenable. He can not implicate himself by the act of answering. There have to be responses which would make you less suspicious of him. (Obvious exception: if every response is a null tell.)

I agree re: coaching. It's weak, but it does point to Lacey-Horrordude.

mavsfan41 is town.

Horrordude: needs to post more. On page 7 he comes in, sides with Lacey and decides to keep his vote on semioldguy. It seems he's making the mistake of thinking people you agree with are town and people you disagree with are scum. He seems to be relatively inexperienced and it's a fairly common mistake, so I would treat this as a null tell.

There are two things of note I found when ISOing his posts.

These two quotes:
horrordude wrote:With Lacey, I'm getting a pro-town vibe from her, but if semi flips town, I see her as very probable scum.
horrordude later wrote:@ SOG... fair enough... I can see the reasoning behind it, and I've been in the Town V Town case way to many times not to know that it's what happens most of the time.
You need more to conclude that Lacey is very probable scum than that she argued with a townie. He should know better than that and he says he does later on. Could be lazy thinking, but it doesn't look too good.
horrordude wrote:Lacey and semi -
Other than each other
, who are your top suspects so far?
Horrordude, why did you choose to ask Lacey and semi a question here, as opposed to for example easjo and me?
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (isolation #12) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:48 am

Prod Lacey.

Lacey, it's time to claim.

Return to “Completed Open Games”