Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:20 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Thought to be, not for sure.

Two kills instead of one, making it more likely I would die if I claimed.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:22 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

So what made you doubt it?

...and I already explained why there wouldn't be two kills. Did you disagree with this?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:53 pm

Post by Budja »

VotecountNachomamma8(3): peanutman, Slaxx, MacavityLock
Slaxx(2): Pulindar, Nachomamma8
Not Voting:

With
alive it will take
to lynch.

..and that is a lynch.

Nachomamma8,
Employee
, lynched day 4.

---

No sooner had the day began when Nacho began pointing fingers at Slaxx. "Look at him, he isn't even trying to help us. He must be with Hyde!". The remaining employees looked suspiciously as Slaxx as he explained. "Wait, I'm Benjamin, I'm on your side".
The staff took no time to turn back to Nacho and string him up.
"Wait a minute", thought peanut, "since when was Benjamin a woman...".

Pulindar,
Employee
, killed in endgame.
peanutman, Mrs Utterson/Mrs Jackman,
Town Shapeshifter
, killed in endgame.

Macavity Lock, Dr Jackman/Mr Hyde,
Mafia Shapeshifter

Slaxx, Katherine Reimer,
Mafia Goon

and the late Wolframnhart have won the game!

Roles will be posted shortly.

(and Slaxx, you got
just
got away with that paraphrase. You should have PMed me first)
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:06 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Good game, scum.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by Budja »

Mafia

PHANTOM/MacavityLock
You are Dr Jackman/Mr Hyde, two very different personalities who share a body. You have been controlled by Klein and Utterson your whole life and now you must end it here.

Your partners are Ectomancer and 5cvm. You may talk pregame and at night in this quicktopic.

Role:
Mafia Shapeshifter
Alignment:
Mafia

Active Abilities:

- Every night you may choose to be either Dr Jackman or Mr Hyde.

Passive Abilities (Hyde):

- NK immune: Hyde is superhumanly strong and not easily killed.
Passive Abilities (Jackman):

- Investigation Immune: Jackman was an employee at Klein and Utterson and appears as such to all investigations.

Win Condition:
You win when all Klein and Utterson personnel are dead.

Please confirm with your rolename by PM.
Ectomancer/wolframnhart
You are Miranda Callender, a private investigator hired to follow Dr Jackman by his wife. You soon got caught up with Dr Jackman's fight against Klein and Utterson.

Role:
Rolecop
Alignment:
Mafia

Your partners are PHANTOM and 5cvm. You may talk pregame and at night in this quicktopic.

Active Abilities:

- Every night you may investigate someone to find their role.

Win Condition:

5vcm/Slaxx
You are Katherine Reimer, a psychologist hired to work for both Jackman and Hyde and help them sort out their separate lives.

Your partners are PHANTOM and Ectomancer. You may talk pregame and at night in this quicktopic.

Role:
Goon
Alignment:
Mafia

Win Condition:

Town

Gerhard Krause
You are Peter Syme, a close 'friend' of Dr Jackmans, although in reality keeping him in check and within reach of the Institute. As the head of Klein and Utterson, you have access to the company databases which you can use to attempt to determine if a person is a fellow collegue or not.

Role:
Cop
Alignment:
Klein and Utterson

Active Abilities:
- Every night you may attempt to find out a players alignment.

Win Condition:
You win when Mr Hyde and all other threats to the Institute are dead.

Unity/peanutman
You are Mrs Utterson/Sophia Jackman, the american owner of Klein and Utterson. In reality, you are an imperfect form of "Hyde" and the mother of Dr Jackman.

Role:
Town Shapeshifter
Alignment:
Klein and Utterson

Active Abilities:

- Every night you may choose to be either Mrs Utterson or Sophia Jackman.

Passive Abilities (Mrs Utterson):

- PGO: Your anger is not easily controlled. You will kill all who target you (If you are targeted for a kill, you will also die).
Passive Abilities (Sophia Jackman):

- Miller: you will be seen as an ally to Jackman.

Win Condition:

Mod Note: Hyde is immune to PGO

raider8169
You are Colonal Hart, the head of the mercenary unit of Klein and Utterson. You have been diagnosed with cancer and Hyde is your only chance for a cure. You are willing to kill anyone you deem a threat to the institute.

Role:
Vig
Alignment: Klein and Utterson

Active Abilities:

- Every night you may attempt to kill a player.

Win Condition:

kikuchiyo
You are Christopher, a hired bodyguard in the services of Klein and Utterson. Your job here is to protect the employees from the intruders.

Role:
Jailkeeper
Alignment:
Klein and Utterson

Active Abilities:

- Every night you may stop a player from using or been targeted by any active abilities.

Win Condition:

Nachomamma8, Pulindar, MrSuave, HackerHuck, Green Crayons
You are an employee working in biotech at the Klein and Utterson Institute. Today is a very important day, the culmination of hundreds of years work. Mr Hyde represents the future of biotechnology and you must take him in, dead or alive.

Role:
Employee
Alignment:
Klein and Utterson

Win Condition:

---

Mafia also recieved a fakeclaim:
**MAFIA FAKECLAIM**

You are Benjamin Maddox, a high ranking employee in the services of Klien and Utterson. You have been tasked with tracking down and capturing Hyde and you will do so, no matter what you have to do.

Role: Tracker
Alignment: Town

Active Abilities:
- Every night you may follow a player and see who,if anyone, they targeted.

Win Condition: You win when Mr Hyde and all other threats to the Institute are dead.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by Budja »

Well done Mafia.
I thought it was going to be a clear mafia win after the first two days but Green Crayons and Nacho nearly turned the game around.
Gerhard's scum claim was an unfortunate gambit.

I expected peanut's role to be a town liability but it did the opposite.
I was also surprised you chose PGO every time.
All other town PR ended up cancelling out with each other/mafia :P.

I will post the night actions when I get home. Right now I am posting role-PMs from my sentbox so I apologise for any formatting errors.

(EDIT: ..and sorry for the bad flavour :P. I put next to no effort into it and it shows.)
Last edited by Budja on Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:35 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Great setup, Budja :D

I'm still sour that I got crushed by a fakeclaim...

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:50 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Gg Nacho. You were right on the money, and probably deserved the win. I can't say I wouldve played any different as town though, College hit me like a freaking brick wall this semester. I probably would've lurked regardless.

Mac deserves a lot of credit, he was the one who talked me through everything. This was actually my first time playing scum, and I appreciate his help.

Hopefully Wolf comes in soon so we can hi five and whatnot.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:39 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

I don't know what the hell Gerhard was thinking. Nice work Macavity, you definitely had me thinking Nacho was potentially scum - though, it was definitely a him or you type of thing and if we didn't waste a lynch on a
town claiming scum
I think we would have been in a better situation to have taken this as a town win.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:51 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

OK, post-game notes:

First off, great job by wnh and Slaxx. I think our team worked pretty well together. It was at least partially my fault due to code words, but wnh's post to start day 2 (calling me out for Phantom having lurked) was almost a massive killer for us.

I should have trusted my instincts when recommending rolecopping targets. My first instinct on reading the game was to have wnh rolecop Gerhard, which would have showed us the cop. Having wnh investigate peanut and dying due to PGO was another huge problem we were not expecting at all. I don't think I'd ever been in a game with a PGO before, so it was quite a surprise.

Gerhard is officially on my blacklist. Claiming scum like that, and especially pretending to provide scumbuddies, is a big no-no. Funnily enough, both Slaxx and I were pretty pissed about the way he imploded. Throughout Day 3, my plan was to find someone to get mislynched (ended up being Nacho), and get myself re-investigated by Gerhard, where I would have shown up clear. I could probably have coasted to a win at that point, even if Slaxx got lynched the following day. As it is, the game feels a bit cheapened by the fact that Gerhard did what he did.

GC, great job finding good ties between the wnh player slot and my player slot. A lot of what you found was good scumtell. Then again, some of it I still disagree with. You have no idea how close I came to OMGUS-voting you after your attack post on me. Then I realized that the vote would be a horrendous idea, given that a lot of it was good call out. So, I had to wait until I could find something else to go after, which of course ended up being Nacho. Honestly Nacho, a lot of your tells on me were not great, and many of the things you called me out for I probably would have done as either town or scum.

A couple underrated reasons town didn't do well: 1) kiku blocked the cop on both nights. Then again, had she not blocked Gerhard on Night 2, he would have cleared me, so maybe the blocks helped the town. 2) Raider vigged HH, which made him an easy target for Day 2. By the way, we killed HH Night 1 as well, so that was a doublekill, and the reason why there was only one death on Night 1.

Anyway, good game, thanks to everyone who stuck it out, and thanks to Budja for a really good setup. If people want to see the scum quicktopic, I have no problems releasing it. What do you think Slaxx and wnh?
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:54 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Of course I'm all for it.

I think we worked well together too. Those three minutes in between our votes were the longest three minutes of my life.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by raider8169 »

Lesson learned, if everyone posts while someone is at L-1 at lylo then you found scum.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:23 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Slaxx wrote:I think we worked well together too. Those three minutes in between our votes were the longest three minutes of my life.
I can imagine. I was around, as promised :}
raider8169 wrote:Lesson learned, if everyone posts while someone is at L-1 at lylo then you found scum.
Yeah, you're probably right, but damn, how ballsy would it be for 2 scum to come out swinging at someone like that during LYLO.

Well, 2 out of 3 is enough for me. Scum QT
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by xvart »

Good game everyone. I have been following this game ever since I was replaced and really enjoyed it. I also wanted to apologize for my need to be replaced and my lack of activity prior to that. I was really hating my job at the time of my low activity and was about to go on a much needed vacation where I was super excited to get to read through and post so some serious content but then when I arrived my hotel did not have internet connection which it had advertised it did. I wasn't even able to contact Faraday to tell him which is why I fell of the face of the planet.

I'll be anxious to hear if Gehrad explains his claim.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:13 pm

Post by Slaxx »

I have to echo Nacho's sentiments on the setup. This is my favorites setup so far.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:41 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Hey ya'll, here on my V/LA but I had time to post a quick something and saw that the team won!!! GO SCUM!!!

I thought people played really well through the game, with the exception of GK, no clue why he would claim scum like that and no matter the reasoning I would not want to play in a game with him again or mod a game with him in it. Had he not done that then maybe just maybe town could have won. ML had it going for the team and when I was killed by Peanut i was like SHIT! but in the end, slaxx and ML pulled it off. great job all. Budja wonderful set up and even though it took awhile the game got great at the end!
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by Budja »

Most of this has been revealed/inferred already but here is the list of all the night actions

Night 1:

kikuchiyo blocks GK
GK investigates kikuchiyo (blocked)
raider kills HackerHuck
Slaxx kills HackerHuck
peanut chooses PGO
Macavity chooses NK-immune
wolframnhart role-cops GreenCrayons

Night 2:

kikuchiyo blocks GK
GK investigates Macavity (blocked)
Slaxx kills kikuchiyo
peanut chooses PGO
Macavity chooses Inv-immune
wolframnhart role-cops peanut (killed by PGO)

Night 3:

Slaxx kills GreenCrayons
peanut chooses PGO
Macavity chooses NK-immune
Last edited by Budja on Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:51 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I'm guessing GC=GK?

Also, I'm pre-inning for Rapture Mafia.
Your on the list
peanutman
peanutman
Goon
peanutman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:00 pm

Post by peanutman »

Quick note about my role : I did struggle with how to approach the game. As Budja said, I was a huge town liability. Looking at both roles, miller and PGO, I believed that I PGO was the only option that was beneficial to the town, if they were aware of it. Claiming that I was a shapeshifter with both roles felt like it would be much to hard to convince everyone of, and if I stayed quiet, I would have to choose between miller, getting investigated, accused, and claiming miller after the fact (not much luck), or going with PGO and perhaps knocking townies out unnecessarily. I agree that I should have claimed earlier in D2 but I just didn't know enough about the role and how to play it yet. I breadcrumbed before the end of D1 as some kind of proof though I don't know how effective it was in the end.

As for the final day, I made up my mind that it was either Nacho-Pulindar or Mac-Slaxx. What tipped me towards believing Slaxx's claim, in the end, was the fact that he joined MafiaScum in 2010, and yet he breadcrumbed his role, something I didn't expect for a new player on this site to do as scum. I guess I wasn't completely off given the "fake claim" that they received though it was very well executed. Well played scum!

There are still 2 things that bother me a bit, and I would like to understand the reasoning behind (if any)
1) 5cvm's gambit at the beginning
2) GK's gambit (was he trying to catch scum in his game or just wanting to quit?)
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:17 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

peanutman wrote:1) 5cvm's gambit at the beginning
No crapping idea. You were so close to rightly lynching him on Day 1. (80-90%? That's some crap right there.) But luckily for us, Suave intervened. I wasn't kidding when I said he was a scum's dream townie.

Peanut, had you claimed Day 2, we wouldn't have rolecopped you, so all in all, you probably saved this game from being an absolute blowout. Seems like it would be a damn tough role to play.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Posted a similar note in the other game:

OK, so now that both games are over, I can finally say it. I was in a hugely awkward situation in that I was in 2 games simultaneously that included me, WNH, and peanut. In this one, WNH and I were scum together, against peanut town. In the other, peanut and I were scum together, against WNH town. You have
no idea
how awkward that was, but I think we all managed to keep the games separate.
kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:34 am

Post by kikuchiyo »

Well played scum! I was hoping Macavity was town. Can't believe I blocked the cop both nights, but I felt I had to target the scummiest player, and well, I guess he claimed scum so I'll have a hard time critiquing my own play there. Any tips on how to improve my game are welcome. Why was I nk'd?
"Yes, Kiku fucked me thoroughly and left me on the side of the road to be lynched." - Snow White
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:50 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Feel free to check our QT, but we killed you because after Day 2, I thought you were a cop and already had a guilty on Slaxx.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:15 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”