kunkstar7, water_foul, Mindgamer,
Excedrin (0):
Light (0):

McGriddle (2):
don_johnson, farside22,
water_foul (0):

Not Voting (4)
: DiscoRoboto, hewitt, Light, McGriddle

A deadline has been set for the 5th of March at 11:59:59pm.
water_foul
water_foul
Townie
water_foul
Townie
Townie

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:11 pm

Post by water_foul »

kunkstar7 wrote:@water_foul: you just voting pwnman for being a lurker? Would you support a lurker policy lynch?
Kudos and Immortalization to the first person to pm me the character from a scifi tv show that lives in apartment #36

People Immortalized in my Siggy
strappado - 101010=42 => Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
water_foul
water_foul
Townie
water_foul
Townie
Townie

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:13 pm

Post by water_foul »

OOPS sorry I clicked the wrong button.... Anyway the text that was supposed to go with that quote is:

If you had read the text from that post you would have known that that vote is mainly to apply pressure and see if he jumps at it so we can get more activity and get a better feel for the players in this game
Kudos and Immortalization to the first person to pm me the character from a scifi tv show that lives in apartment #36

kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:59 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

Ah, I was gonna respond with something like "I did read", which I did, but that line in between the quotes escaped me, my bad.
Welcome to the Network.
Light
Light
Townie
Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:27 pm

Post by Light »

@Light: So basically 'no comment' on anything? What would you do to move us out of random voting, questioning, and commenting?

i did not say "no comment on anything". Aren't we moving out of RVS now? it seems so.
[i]"Ryuk, i will become the God of the new world."[/i]
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by farside22 »

Light wrote:@Light: So basically 'no comment' on anything? What would you do to move us out of random voting, questioning, and commenting?

i did not say "no comment on anything". Aren't we moving out of RVS now? it seems so.
So what is your view on people or do you feel anyone is scummy for any reason at this point?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:20 pm

Post by Mindgamer »

Difficult game, I can't really put my finger on anything scummy yet.

I think the 'the town AND me' is overexaggerated to be honest. DiscoRobot's defense of 'I'm out of the game and mislynch' makes perfect sense to me.

@ PaltryExcuse
DiscoRoboto is always agressive like this, this behaviour is not allignment-specific.
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:24 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

Excedrin wrote:
DiscoRoboto wrote:Scumhunt with this amount of information? I was merely seeing if someone was going to say anything mentionable.
Your idea fails the "what happens if everyone does it" test. What do you think scumhunting is, apparently lets just not vote, form no opinions, wait for deadline and nolynch?
The 'what happen sif everyone does it' test? What kinda test is that?
DiscoRoboto wrote:Make something else? Discussion about things that matter only happen if someone says something remarkable (which is often something scummy) are you telling me to sacrifice myself to get out of the RVS?
You've said a lot of scummy stuff so far, mostly in response to my vote and questions, why haven't you asked any questions or voted? Do you have any opinion about who's scum?
Why havent i asked questions or voted? No good questions to ask regarding people and (like I said in my other game) I'm not really that quick to vote.
opinion about who is scum? No read atm.
DiscoRoboto wrote:Active lurking? No, not really.
Yes really. Your play has been exactly the definition of active lurking.
Please point me to a place where an universally accepted definition of active lurking is stated.
DiscoRoboto wrote:and at the last comment... HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA. Funny guy.
Do you see everything about this game as a big joke?
Everything? No. The town atm? Yes.[/
quote]
The Third Vote Count "I'm in Disco's Wiki Several Times D:"
You should be honored
Xonar!
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:47 am

Post by McGriddle »

McGriddle wrote:
Excedrin wrote:
Light wrote:look, a game without any special roles given to the townies, i believe would be stupid. if there were no special townie roles, this game would be more of a guessing game than a deciphering/strategical game which i love.
Um, no, without power roles you have to strategize and decipher on a deeper level, examine what people say why they said it and what they're trying to do. So the point is, how are you going to find scum by playing passively and waiting? Maybe you already know who's scum? If so, please share your info.
water_foul wrote:I agree with this so does any one get any scum vibes from any one else or should we exert pressure randomly?
What do you think?
McGriddle wrote:I just want to know how I am obvscum, other than scum pointing out flaws in my questioning...
Scum are pointing out the flaws in your questioning? So, you're saying that don_johnson, farside22, hewitt, Excedrin and maybe water_foul are all scum (did I miss anyone)? If not, then who specifically that pointed out flaws in your questioning is scum?

DiscoRoboto unvoted hewitt after his attack and is now empty posting out being bored.
DiscoRoboto wrote:It would come to bite the town AND me in the ass later.
So you're not part of the town?
Unvote; Vote DiscoRoboto
EBWOP

Vote: Excedrin
for jumping Disco for using "AND" as an attack on Disco, even though he had all this (BS) info on me. He also goes for the easy lynchee, and as soon as a bandwagon begins he seems to hop on it right away, rather than just question and leave his vote out.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:27 am

Post by don_johnson »

^^ i think i can get with this one. i need to iso a couple players here. try and post more later.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:00 am

Post by Excedrin »

McGriddle wrote:
for jumping Disco for using "AND" as an attack on Disco, even though he had all this (BS) info on me. He also goes for the easy lynchee, and as soon as a bandwagon begins he seems to hop on it right away, rather than just question and leave his vote out.
So, my vote for DiscoRoboto is bandwagoning? Did I repeat PaltryExcuse's reasoning for his DiscoRoboto vote? Why do you see DiscoRoboto as an easy lynchee?

Why do you think it's better to leave your vote on someone else after your top suspect changes?

"for jumping Disco for using "AND" as an attack on Disco, even though he had all this (BS) info on me." What does this even mean? As I stated in a response to DiscoRoboto, I voted based on his active lurking and the fact that he's generally not playing the game. That he sees himself separate from town is suspicious, but it's a minor detail. I also note that you haven't explained your "other than scum pointing out flaws in my questioning..." statement.
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:09 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

I'm not playing the game? I beg to differ, sir. I bet I have more posts then many a player in here.

Besides, I thought we already established that the 'and' was not a means to differentiate myself from Town in terms of allignment.
Xonar!
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:25 am

Post by hewitt »

DiscoRoboto wrote:I'm not playing the game? I beg to differ, sir. I bet I have more posts then many a player in here.
Cool. Just cause you're posting doesn't mean you're playing.

Vote: McGriddle

For not doing anything this game but over defending Disco at every chance he can get, not seeming to be able to logically defend himself without lashing out, and just generally not being useful.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:26 am

Post by Excedrin »

DiscoRoboto wrote:
Excedrin wrote:Your idea fails the "what happens if everyone does it" test. What do you think scumhunting is, apparently lets just not vote, form no opinions, wait for deadline and nolynch?
If everyone played like you, then scum would win every game. Why? Because they can sit back and watch people posting youtube links until deadline, then kill whoever they like. Pretty simple.
DiscoRoboto wrote:
Excedrin wrote:You've said a lot of scummy stuff so far, mostly in response to my vote and questions, why haven't you asked any questions or voted? Do you have any opinion about who's scum?
Why havent i asked questions or voted? No good questions to ask regarding people and (like I said in my other game) I'm not really that quick to vote.
How experienced are you at mafia?
DiscoRoboto wrote:
Please point me to a place where an universally accepted definition of active lurking is stated.
Active Lurking Wow, I've never seen "I didn't do that because I disagree with the definition!" used as an excuse before.
DiscoRoboto wrote:It's better to at least show that I'm reading by posting, then to ignore this completely like some other peeps?
Maybe this post could be added to the Active Lurking entry on the wiki.
DiscoRoboto wrote:
Everything? No. The town atm? Yes.
The town is a big joke, haha I'm misleading them and watching them run in circles, lolol this will be easy.
DiscoRoboto wrote:I'm not playing the game? I beg to differ, sir. I bet I have more posts then many a player in here.
You have no read on page 7 and basically zero posts that are designed to find scum. So, yea, you're not playing, you're active lurking. Postcount isn't much of an indicator.
DiscoRoboto wrote:Besides, I thought we already established that the 'and' was not a means to differentiate myself from Town in terms of allignment.
Why are you focusing on a minor point instead of doing anything to actually help find scum?
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:36 am

Post by McGriddle »

Excedrin wrote:
McGriddle wrote:
So, my vote for DiscoRoboto is bandwagoning? Did I repeat PaltryExcuse's reasoning for his DiscoRoboto vote? Why do you see DiscoRoboto as an easy lynchee?

Why do you think it's better to leave your vote on someone else after your top suspect changes?

"for jumping Disco for using "AND" as an attack on Disco, even though he had all this (BS) info on me." What does this even mean? As I stated in a response to DiscoRoboto, I voted based on his active lurking and the fact that he's generally not playing the game. That he sees himself separate from town is suspicious, but it's a minor detail. I also note that you haven't explained your "other than scum pointing out flaws in my questioning..." statement.
Its a start.
I don't know
because he made that minor slip
because your reason for switching was less informative than staying on me.
It means you jumped on him for saying something that wasn't even scummy, then throwing a vote on him for it.
How is he active lurking? It's the beginning of the game
Don't try to change the subject now that you're caught.

As for Hewitt. I am doing as much as I can with what I have to work with. I am not "overly defending" anyone. I am stating that you guys are a couple VI's for using the word and against him. You think that defending someone from stupid accusations is defending? Well it's not. I don't want a mislynch, and you and excedrin seem to be pushing for one based off of the stupid mistake. You complain he is active lurking, but what about the people who are just lurking?
Wins/Losses - 99/15

hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:47 am

Post by hewitt »

McGriddle wrote:As for Hewitt. I am doing as much as I can with what I have to work with. I am not "overly defending" anyone. I am stating that you guys are a couple VI's for using the word and against him. You think that defending someone from stupid accusations is defending? Well it's not. I don't want a mislynch, and you and excedrin seem to be pushing for one based off of the stupid mistake. You complain he is active lurking, but what about the people who are just lurking?
Let me explain this for you because you apparently still don't understand, even though multiple people have tried explaining this to you. Nobody is using the word "and" against him. It was briefly brought up because it was a weirdly worded sentence and then dropped. But yet you incessantly feel the need to drag it back up repeatedly, even though it's already done and dealt with. The only one who keeps bringing it back is you.

And the "you and excedrin seem to be pushing for one (mislynch)"...uh...hello? Since when am I pushing for a Disco lynch? And why are you so sure that it's a mislynch? Every post recently you've been defending him, so you can't say you're not over defending him...you are.

As for the lurkers, we can't do anything about that. They're not here. So it's not like bitching and whining about the lurkers will make them magically pop back in. And they're open for everybody to see that they're not doing anything, so there's no need to be bitching about that. Active lurking is much easier to stop and I think it's much scummier.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:52 am

Post by McGriddle »

whatebber scum
Wins/Losses - 99/15

DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:54 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

Excedrin wrote:
DiscoRoboto wrote:
Excedrin wrote:Your idea fails the "what happens if everyone does it" test. What do you think scumhunting is, apparently lets just not vote, form no opinions, wait for deadline and nolynch?
If everyone played like you, then scum would win every game. Why? Because they can sit back and watch people posting youtube links until deadline, then kill whoever they like. Pretty simple.
Well not everybody does, lucky for me, right?. Besides I only do it in early game, so w/evs.
DiscoRoboto wrote:
Excedrin wrote:You've said a lot of scummy stuff so far, mostly in response to my vote and questions, why haven't you asked any questions or voted? Do you have any opinion about who's scum?
How experienced are you at mafia?
Eh look at my wiki. I don't think this is relevent to anything atm though. I don't get reads on games that bore me.
DiscoRoboto wrote:
Active Lurking Wow, I've never seen "I didn't do that because I disagree with the definition!" used as an excuse before.
LOL, I never said that I disagree with the definition,
why are you saying that?
That's twisting my words. You MIGHT see this as an OMGUS if you will, but I don't care, this is just scummy:
Vote: excedrin
DiscoRoboto wrote:It's better to at least show that I'm reading by posting, then to ignore this completely like some other peeps?
Maybe this post could be added to the Active Lurking entry on the wiki.
I'd rather have people actually show that they're reading. I'm not gonna fluff post, that's even MORE annoying then not posting at all.
DiscoRoboto wrote:
Everything? No. The town atm? Yes.
The town is a big joke, haha I'm misleading them and watching them run in circles, lolol this will be easy.
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGG MAFIA CLAIM!
You have no read on page 7 and basically zero posts that are designed to find scum. So, yea, you're not playing, you're active lurking. Postcount isn't much of an indicator.
Zero posts that are designed to find scum. Like the lurkers here.
DiscoRoboto wrote:Besides, I thought we already established that the 'and' was not a means to differentiate myself from Town in terms of allignment.
Why are you focusing on a minor point instead of doing anything to actually help find scum?
Because I want to have the last word in this and to have this over with.
McGriddles buddying is
DULY
noted
Xonar!
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:56 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

Mhm figured that I have to put my vote OUT of my quote.

Elaborating on 'I'm not gonna fluff post' I actually meant that I'm not gonna make big fluff posts so everybody has to dig through a pile of shit, searching for gold.
Xonar!
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:02 am

Post by don_johnson »

hm. i'm with adam.

unvote, vote: excedrin

he's giving me a headache. :)
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:21 am

Post by Excedrin »

DiscoRoboto wrote:
Excedrin wrote:How experienced are you at mafia?
Eh look at my wiki. I don't think this is relevent to anything atm though. I don't get reads on games that bore me.
It's relevant when you're playing the noob card as hard as you are.
DiscoRoboto wrote:I'd rather have people actually show that they're reading. I'm not gonna fluff post, that's even MORE annoying then not posting at all.
But you are
fluff
posting. When I read you in ISO you've posted nearly zero content.
DiscoRoboto wrote:LOL, I never said that I disagree with the definition, why are you saying that? That's twisting my words. You MIGHT see this as an OMGUS if you will, but I don't care, this is just scummy: Vote: excedrin
So you admit to active lurking? How is it scummy to interpret what you wrote the way I interpreted it?
1. You say, you're not active lurking
2. I say you are
3. You ask for the definition
Seems pretty straightforward to me.
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:29 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

The noob card? Where have I played the noob card? I'm playing the 'not really interested' card.

I'm not making massive fluff posts, I was making post to show you guys that I'm actually here. Right now I'm making posts to defend myself.

How can I admit to active lurking now that I've made all these posts? Asking for a definition is simply to make communication easier. Miscommuncations lead to mislynches.
Xonar!
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:41 am

Post by Excedrin »

DiscoRoboto wrote:Why havent i asked questions or voted? No good questions to ask regarding people and (like I said in my other game) I'm not really that quick to vote.
Seems like you're playing the noob card, "I have no good questions to ask, I don't vote quick, and I have no read!"

Why'd you bother to signup for this game if you're not interested? Why not ask for a replacement?
DiscoRoboto
DiscoRoboto
Goon
DiscoRoboto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:50 am

Post by DiscoRoboto »

Those questions aren't exactly scumhunting are they?

I think I've elaborated on the 'noob card points' that you gave me.
Xonar!
water_foul
water_foul
Townie
water_foul
Townie
Townie

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:53 am

Post by water_foul »

Disco, please stop saying you don't care about this game because that seems very anti-town to me and you have been posting a lot of fluff... The other thing you have been doing a lot of which is making my scum meter go crazy is defense by ridicule. Instead of properly defending yourself you just attack those who are putting you under the magnifying glass which, from my point of view, looks like you are scum without a good alibi...

McGriddle, you have been buddying so stop denying it...

don_johnson, please explain this
don_johnson wrote:hm. i'm with adam.

unvote, vote: excedrin

he's giving me a headache. :)
Particularly who is adam and why someone giving you a headache is a good reason to vote for them

These three are currently screaming scum team to me... Does any one else get this read?

Return to “Completed Open Games”