The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:47 am

Post by The Tracker »

Ha...good game, Town. Yeah, I realized I was dropping massive cop vibes but I figured if we could get one scum lynched I did my job. That's why I pushed so hard for MR's lynch earlier on. Hm...in hindsight I would have been more useful had I been less vocal probably, but you know...
In the grand scheme of things, wins and losses are pointless. But I'm not the grand scheme, so die scum!

Yes, I have a wiki page. No, I'm not linking you to it.
nessarae56
nessarae56
Goon
nessarae56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:56 am

Post by nessarae56 »

Budja wrote:Its still ethically a bit dodgy. Best to play your own game.

ahh i did play my game he showed me the rope's when i satred and told me the rule's i needed to know to keep out of trouble. and mostly all the role there are in game and what they did so i understood i was here as replacement and didn't understand too weel when i started oit he help alot to help even told me how to find tell's :lol:
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:54 am

Post by The Tracker »

Budja wrote:Its still ethically a bit dodgy. Best to play your own game.
In the grand scheme of things, wins and losses are pointless. But I'm not the grand scheme, so die scum!

EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:38 am

Post by EmpTyger »

Thanks all and mod for the game.

I need to remember (yet again) not to second-guess myself. Also, it feels refreshing to have a game where the mafia were simply the liars and the lurkers.

Jack:
Good job guys, but you should have given reasons for your tells. Finding scum without logic is like making a lucky guess. It isn't much to be proud of.
I realize and admit I was being kind of obstinate at the end. But know that I hadn’t completely decided between you and HH at that point. It wasn’t that I didn’t have logic- it was that I cared more about seeing what yours and HH’s logic were. Despite my confidence in Budja, I didn’t really lose anything in preparing for a potential D3 by taking a closer look at you and HH.

Or to put it another way- you needed to not only look at what I wasn’t providing, but then compare it to any logic of anyone else.

Also, you did play D1 very well. The only way I really saw you as mafia was as Budja’s partner. In the end, when D2 didn’t really give me anything conclusive, that’s what I went back to. Of course, then the N2 nightkill made it moot anyhow.

nessarae:
I don’t mean to be too condescending, but you did have a huge luxury this game- being confirmed innocent. You won’t always have that. You clearly made good deductions, but in most mafia games you’ll need to be able to persuade it to others.

evilsnail:
Good job pulling the wool over at least 1 townsperson’s eyes. I don’t think you deserve this loss as much as MR.

HH:
Likewise, I don’t think you deserve the loss as much as Cat. (Incidentally, mafia could talk during the day? I actually missed that in the role PM. That makes Cat’s lone attempt at defense even more illegitimate.)

I was surprised that Jack died- I didn’t really see any indication of nessarae voting me, and I certainly wasn’t voting her. It seemed like your only chance was to hope to capitalize on what happened D2 between Jack and me. Though I don’t think it’s necessarily wrong- just a bit of a gambit. But regardless of your nightchoice, I think you have to start off D3 more proactively. When I realized I was going V/LA, I was worried I’d get back too late.

When did you realize Tracker was the cop?

Tracker:
Mafia fakeclaim to save their own neck as well as to expose the cop. It’s a tricky balance to prevent both of those. Good try nonetheless, although I doubt if you counterclaimed cop at the start of D2, anyone would have believed evilsnail over you.

Budja:
The problem was, your burnout happened to coincide with the mafia’s imploding. With everything else- I really couldn’t ignore Occam’s Razor here. I’m glad there was a margin of error to lynch you. For all the safety play, I was actually really expecting the game to end with your lynch.

DeathNote:
The main thing was the “surprise” of mafia being able to daytalk- I didn’t expect that from the Open description in the queue, though my fault for not reading the roles in-thread more closely, I guess.

The only other thing I might have thought about was calling the game a town game when all of the mafia required replacement. But that’s hardly usual practice, so no problem with how you handled it.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:25 am

Post by HackerHuck »

EmpTyger wrote:HH:
Likewise, I don’t think you deserve the loss as much as Cat. (Incidentally, mafia could talk during the day? I actually missed that in the role PM. That makes Cat’s lone attempt at defense even more illegitimate.)

I was surprised that Jack died- I didn’t really see any indication of nessarae voting me, and I certainly wasn’t voting her. It seemed like your only chance was to hope to capitalize on what happened D2 between Jack and me. Though I don’t think it’s necessarily wrong- just a bit of a gambit. But regardless of your nightchoice, I think you have to start off D3 more proactively. When I realized I was going V/LA, I was worried I’d get back too late.

When did you realize Tracker was the cop?
Yeah, the timing was bad on night and day 3 start. I didn't have much time to review the thread to try and build a case on it, so I thought I would take advantage of the extra time from your V/LA. I really didn't expect that nessarae would have made her mind up already. I also had assumed that you wouldn't be voting for Jackabomb, so it seemed like you would be voting for me regardless of whom I killed. I hadn't tried looking for the cop until my blunder with Tracker. Someone mentioned that Tracker kept on MS/Elvis even after the original claim, so I took a closer look at him and figured out the he had to be the cop.
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:26 am

Post by The Tracker »

I was kind of thinking of that, but basically I was thinking along the lines of I was still using my role to hit scum and I believed the players could function reasonably well without me.

Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:35 am

Post by Budja »

Yeah, I don't fault you for attacking me Emp. I realised that I looked pretty scummy.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:39 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

EmpTyger wrote:DeathNote:
The main thing was the “surprise” of mafia being able to daytalk- I didn’t expect that from the Open description in the queue, though my fault for not reading the roles in-thread more closely, I guess.
I think that the daytalk would not have had a strong impact one way or the other in a game this size, but we certainly didn't have a real chance to use it effectively. I did cringe during my readthrough when either cat or MS mention daytalking, but no one seemed to pick up on it.

I really liked the setup, because there is pressure on both sides out of the gate to get things right. It kind of reminded me of the old newbie game setup.
nessarae56
nessarae56
Goon
nessarae56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:04 pm

Post by nessarae56 »

Over all I would like to thank u all for a good first game i really enjoyed it and good luck to all of u guys in your other games
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:23 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Open Games”