Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Open 194- Vengeful Reasons- GAME OVER!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:35 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Welcome...

You are in a small, rather dusty room with six other companions, each as bewildered as you. Some of you know what your purpose here is, why others are simply here for the pay check. The game show you entered in was suppose to be one of the hot new hits but you haven't really learned what it is that you were suppose to do and now for some bizarre reason, the host feel over. Is he dead?

The door you entered in was the only passage into and out of the room. A man, slick and rather pale walked into the room carrying a briefcase and a pistol.

Why would he have a gun?

He is wearing a black FBI suit of sorts and a ninja mask covering his face. Though he has the all-black thing down, it's a rather... unfashionable combination, as nice as the suit may look.

The man speaks in a deep, raspy voice, "Hello. I am Kenmei." You could see the cloth around his lips curl up into an evil-looking snear, "You'll be seeing a lot of me." He set down the briefcase upon the table and opened it up. Inside was a laptop, the screen black as night.

The screen flickered for a moment, and then a distorted voice was heard. "Hello, everybody." The voice had a sort of computerized echo to it. Computerized effects aside, he had a voice that was roughly average pitch, and sounded like a decent enough of a guy. "Welcome to my game. You have all been summoned here under suspicion of being one of two murders. These villains had made a grave mistake and killed one of my love ones. For this, I will make them pay. " For some reason, Kenmei snickered at this.

The voice continued, "Along with the murder, they stole something that was one their victims possession... Something I would very much like back. So here is how this will work, you must determine among yourself who you believe is guilty, then report back to me. The rest will be handled." The screen flickered and the computer turned off.

Kenmei chuckled, "As much as my employer would like to think, he's not the one running the show here. I am. You might not believe what is happening, but really, I don't mind killing any one of you." He takes out a revolver and twirls it around in his palm. Then he aims the gun at one of the suspects, "You seem like the type that would be better off dead." His finger slowly pulls back on the trigger. Click! Kenmei laughs, his eyes wide showing his insanity "I jest. It's empty."

The man gathered his things and left the room to the now stunned people inside. The sound of a bolt could be heard and with no windows, it was apparent there was no where to go.

[/color]

Alive:

EmpTyger -
Vanilla Townie
- Endgamed
nessarae56
angelmouse
-
Doctor
- Endgamed

Dead:
evilsnail
Memorable Raindrops
-
Mafia Goon
lynched day 1
The Tracker
-
Macho Cop
poisoned night 1
Budja
-
Vanilla Townie
lynched day 2
Jackabomb
-
Vanilla Townie
poisoned night 2
HackerHuck
Cat
-
Mafia Goon
lynched day 3.
Last edited by DeathNote on Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:46 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:57 pm

Post by DeathNote »

The setup for Open 194 is-

2 Mafia
1 Macho Cop (no doc protection)
1 Doc
3 Townies

The roles are:
You could feel the bad vibe after you killed that woman, but who knew this would be the consequence? Your only chance is to kill the others if you want to get out of this alive. As long as you have what this man wants, you may be able bargain for your safety but there is no way the others would understand. They must be eliminated.

You are a
Mafia Goon
along with your partner ______. You may communicate with your partner at any time at this quicktopic thread [___]
Each Night, you may send in the name of one person to be killed.

You win if mafia equals or exceeds town.

The thread is {here}. Please confirm via PM.
This will be a piece of cake for an expert cop like you. It is just you, and these scum bag murders and once you find them, they will regret dragging you into this.

You are a
Cop
. Each night, you may send in the name of one person to me to investigate. I will then reply with a {Person} is {guilty/innocent} according to mafia or town alignment. Doc protections have no effect on you.

You win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

If it was planned or not, you do not know, but you are the one and only Doctor in the room. Your expertise can't really prevent a gun wound but you do have the materials to prevent other killing devices such as poison. No sense and not doing whatever you can to keep your companions alive.

You are a
Doctor
. Each Night, you may send in a name of one person to me to protect. If that person is targeted for a night kill, they will not be harmed. Your protection has no effect on the Cop.

You win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

How could this be happening to you? All you wanted was a little extra cash and you end up being thrown in this life or death situation? The only thing you can do now is find this murders and save yourself. Your mind is your most powerful weapon.

You are a
Vanilla Townie
. You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

The threat is {here}. Please confirm via PM.
Last edited by DeathNote on Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:24 pm

Post by DeathNote »

1.) Deadline:
The Day phase will last 3 weeks starting from the thread unlocking. After the first day phase, the deadline will be reduced too 2 weeks. When the deadline is up, the greatest majority will end up being lynched. If there is a tie, the one with the first vote gets lynched. If requested, I will extend the deadline for day.

The Night phase will have a 72 hour deadline. If the actions are not sent by that time (if you have one), then it will be taken that you wanted to do nothing that night.

2.) Voting
The vote is the most powerful tool in any mafia game, except for Tarhalindur's roles. In order to use it properly in this game, you must place vote in this format-

Vote: {insert player name}

It is not necessary to unvote to change votes but if you wish to just take your vote off then please bold as well. If you wish to no lynch, then write-

Vote: No Lynch

Vote counts will be posted daily... hopefully.

3.) Lynching and Dead People-
Once a majority has been reached (Half the living players plus one), then the thread will be locked and the lynch scene shown. There is no twilight so the thread will be locked as soon as I see a hammer. Any posts done between hammer and lynch scene will be deleted.

I hate ghosts. So don't speak in thread once dead, not even a "Bah".

4.) Prods:
After 72 hours of not posting, you will receive a friendly little prod. The prod means you have another 48 hours to post before I find someone who actually wants to play my game. If I fail to see someone and announce there prod, a gentle reminder is appreciated.

I am lenient on Prods because I would be a hypocrite otherwise, but if gain to many of them then I will be forced to replace you.

5.) V/LA
Just let me know if you going to be absent from the game for a bit either by PM of in thread. Please state when you will be able to return.

6.) Player Rules

-Site Rules Apply
-
My color.

-Play to win
-No cursing please, I am just not a fan of it.
-This is the game, don't talk about it anywhere else until over.
-Don't quote or pretend to quote me. They already know the roles so you don't need to try and pull this one.

I seriously doubt I will Mod Kill anyone but if you are, the game will immediately go into night phase.

7.) Mod Stuff

As the Mod, what I says goes for this game so I reserve the right to screw with my own rules in case something is wrong or something needs to be added.

If I am needed, simply say-
Mod:
Blah blah blah

If you have questions involving roles or rules then please PM me about them. I am not going to have a discussion with you in thread.

Good Luck everyone and Have Fun!!!
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:32 am

Post by DeathNote »

Good luck everyone and let the games begin!

Cat has 48 hours to pick up his role, after that... I will search for replacement.
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:37 am

Post by The Tracker »

Woot! Day 1! Nice to be playing with Budja again. Anyway...

vote: Jackabomb

This guy says he's out to get me, so obviously I have to defend myself.
In the grand scheme of things, wins and losses are pointless. But I'm not the grand scheme, so die scum!

Yes, I have a wiki page. No, I'm not linking you to it.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:20 am

Post by EmpTyger »

Random
vote: angelmouse

Tracker:
You need to bold your votes.
angelmouse
angelmouse
Goon
angelmouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:28 am

Post by angelmouse »

Welcome all.

Vote: EMPTyger

OMGUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cat
Cat
Townie
Cat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:37 am

Post by Cat »

Vote: Budja
, whose username reminds me of asian gods and british squirrels.
Show
Meow.

[b]Officially the game-playing alt of skitzer.
skitzer is for modding and MishMash.
Khamisa is retired.[/b]
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

Hi budja. Now, the first thing I'm going to do is...

Claim: Serial Killer

With that out of the way:

Vote: Memorable Raindrops,
because when it rains, the town can't have a lynch, because they're all inside. This is an obvious scumtell.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

If this has even so much as piqued your interest or you'd like to talk, please send me a PM. Even if it's to disagree, insult me, or just to say you're sick of reading the verse, I'm glad to listen.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:34 pm

Post by Budja »

Ha, that never works Jack :P.
Hello to Tracker and MR too.

vote:Cat
because clearly only scum would vote for me.
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:35 pm

Post by The Tracker »

Silly Jackabomb, you can still use knives to carry out the execution.^^ I like knives. They make me feel all tingly.^^
In the grand scheme of things, wins and losses are pointless. But I'm not the grand scheme, so die scum!

Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:56 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

Why, budja, you of all people should know
precisely
what I'm talking about.

Yes, I have indeed changed my playstyle(I hope) and I do offer an apology if you'd like one.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

If this has even so much as piqued your interest or you'd like to talk, please send me a PM. Even if it's to disagree, insult me, or just to say you're sick of reading the verse, I'm glad to listen.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:16 pm

Post by Budja »

Why, I do remember that game (and trust me, I've seen a lot worse play (some from myself :P) so don't feel bad).
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:18 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

Personally, I find it hard to believe that you've seen or made a worse play than claiming serial killer in a semi-open setup that can't possibly have one and then standing by your claim for an entire page.

EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:20 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

Jack:
I'm a little lost... what's your "new playstyle"? (And what's with the colored text?)

Tracker:
Do you intend to be currently voting for Jack, or not?

Cat:
lol Just realized who you are.
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:34 am

Post by The Tracker »

I just realized my mistake, Emp.

vote: Jackabomb

Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:19 am

Post by Jackabomb »

By "new playstyle", I only mean "significantly improved since the game I linked to. This color is how I usually write, In the rare case that the mod rules allow it.

The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:17 pm

Post by The Tracker »

Ewkay, since this game has officially ground to a halt, so to get discussion going what do you guys think of Memorial not posting yet? I personally don't appreciate the lurking, but apparantly it's all the rage in this thread anyways.

Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:24 pm

Post by Budja »

Good enough for me.
unvote, lurker vote MR

@Tracker, why post such a thing without a vote?
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:26 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

I wouldn't say this has ground to halt, per say, but...not a lot of activity other than us.

Tracker, you should know by know how often lynch-all-lurkers is safe, right?
It never works for me. Why didn't you follow up your suspicions with a vote? It would have only been L-2, I think.

I find it interesting. Lynch all lurkers is rather weak. The Tracker has already had a decent thrashing for it in NG 892. I seem to remember that you dissect things a bit more than that budja.

Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:58 pm

Post by Budja »

Whats a better start then, eh?
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:24 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Vote Count:

EmpTyger
- angelmouse
Budja
- Cat
angelmouse
- EmpTyger
Memorable Raindrops
- Jackabomb, Budja
Jackabomb
- The Tracker

Not Voting:

Memorable Raindrops

With 7 alive, its 4 to lynch
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:49 am

Post by Jackabomb »

Right now, a better start would be to prod angel, emp, cat, and rain. I'm surprised they even confirmed. I think 3 days is the normal time players can go without posting. Until we get one more person, we can't even enforce LAL if we wanted to, which I find ironically funny.

EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:22 am

Post by EmpTyger »

Speaking for myself, I was having page loading errors whenever I was trying to access the site yesterday. And it's still very slow for me today.

Tracker:
What do you feel about angelmouse and Cat in comparison to MR? Unlike MR, they've posted elsewhere on site, but not here. (Cat under the username skitzer.)

Jack:
Okay, then what do you feel is "significantly improved" about your play?

Do you have any reasons other than N892 (which I'll remind is still a game-in-progess even though you've died, be careful) why you think "lynch all lurkers" is weak?

If you think "3 days is the normal time players can go without posting", and it's been 1-2 days since we've posted (or in MR's case, dawn), then... what's your point?
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:56 am

Post by The Tracker »

I didn't vote because I didn't see a reason to. It's page 1. I don't find a serious vote warrants much thought as of now. I was just trying to pick up discussion, that's all.

@Emp: Too soon to tell for sure, but I will say it's cause for suspect. Nothing's really pinging on my radar, but it's definitely something to keep an eye on.

Return to “Completed Open Games”