Light
Townie
Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (isolation #0) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:10 pm

Post by Light »

hahaha excderin

i actually wanted the username "L" but i thought it would be too short. My username has in no way, any affiliation with my role what so ever, just to get that clear.

now its my turn to ask you a question.

What is the meaning of your username?
[i]"Ryuk, i will become the God of the new world."[/i]
Light
Light
Townie
Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #37 (isolation #1) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:57 pm

Post by Light »

Do you think asking about avatars will progress us out of RVS?

im not familiar with acronyms. what is RVS?

im going to remain on
no vote
Light
Light
Townie
Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #40 (isolation #2) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:48 pm

Post by Light »

kunkstar7, thanks for that.
Do you think asking about avatars will progress us out of RVS?
obviously not.

best way out of it is this
The best way to get out of RVS is to support, disapprove, or start an attack on a player.
Light
Light
Townie
Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (isolation #3) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:10 pm

Post by Light »

Excedrin wrote:Not Voting (4): hewitt, Light, McGriddle, water_foul

Why aren't you participating in RVS?
i don't have enough experience in forum based mafia games to do so.
Light
Light
Townie
Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #105 (isolation #4) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:39 pm

Post by Light »

to answer your question

i have played 1 forum based mafia game before, not here though.

i have played the rl version (with playing cards) several times. (in person is the best place to play imo.

i have played the warcraft III version of mafia several times.
Light
Light
Townie
Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #107 (isolation #5) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:04 am

Post by Light »

yes i have

2 mafia, 1 healer, 1 investigator/cop. that is the simpler and better setups. i have not played a 2 goon and rest v/t.

its based on pressure. we'd usually just pick at random because there is pretty much nothing to go by. however the more you exert pressure onto someone with attacks and votes, the likely we'll ened up going somewhere. I'd also like to add that these forum based mafia games take much longer than any other variation/setup i've played.

look, a game without any special roles given to the townies, i believe would be stupid. if there were no special townie roles, this game would be more of a guessing game than a deciphering/strategical game which i love.
Light
Light
Townie
Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #128 (isolation #6) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:05 pm

Post by Light »

neutral on everything? there is no sides as far as i can see. its just random voting, questioning and pressuring.

thinking at a deeper level, fair enough, but from mafia games i've played, you do not have time to think deeply. these forum mafia games drag on for days and days. the mafia games i play end in 30 mins to an hour.
Light
Light
Townie
Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #154 (isolation #7) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:27 pm

Post by Light »

@Light: So basically 'no comment' on anything? What would you do to move us out of random voting, questioning, and commenting?

i did not say "no comment on anything". Aren't we moving out of RVS now? it seems so.
Light
Light
Townie
Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #189 (isolation #8) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:39 pm

Post by Light »

alright then paltryexcuse, i will get more involved. tbh the other mafia game i've been participating in seems much more interesting, which is why i've diverted a lot of my attention to it rather than split it 50-50.

I do not think Exedrin is scum, however i may be swayed to vote for him if evidence is presented.

Right now my 2 suspects are:
water_foul - this is just my intuition playing in, but i think we need to check him/her out more.
pwnman - lurking
Light
Light
Townie
Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #199 (isolation #9) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:30 pm

Post by Light »

what?

u read wrong. IF the case is strong on exedrin, then i'll vote for him. It does not mean that i won't give my input. Is stating that i "think that exedrin is not scum" not input to you?
paultryexcuse wrote:Is not posting for 5 days a sign of lurking or flaking?
yes, and pwnman should be prodded aswell.
Light
Light
Townie
Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #202 (isolation #10) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:27 pm

Post by Light »

But not being open is also a shit thing.

My ease of being swayed? i said i could be swayed to vote for exedrin if enough evidence was presented. It wouldn't be "regardless of it's true merits" because im voting based on evidence presented.

So what would you have me do to prove my innocence then? be less ambiguous? Narhh, i play the way i play. You cannot change my core playstyle, i will always be open. always, regardless of faction.

I also stated at page 7-8 that i would start paying more attention. Did you not conclude that i have yet to fully analyze the pages and posts before it?

If you believe me to be the scum, then vote me out. i have absolutely nothing to lose. However the town would have then suffered from a mislynch.
Light
Light
Townie
Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #211 (isolation #11) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:25 pm

Post by Light »

thats considered a huge defensive post?
Light
Light
Townie
Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #213 (isolation #12) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:01 pm

Post by Light »

so you want to lynch me because "I can't deal with jumpy players who don't logically think things through and play over defensively and resort to crap logic.".

nice.

So does that make all "jumpy players" scum?
Light
Light
Townie
Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #215 (isolation #13) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:20 pm

Post by Light »

who is empking, cboose and zwets?

Im not anti-town. So basically your saying you want to lynch me for the sake of lynching? I know i haven't been voicing a lot of opinions, but that in no way states that i am anti-town.
I can tell you right now I don't want a player like you who jumps to the defense of "well fine then lynch me and take a mislynch" in any sort of situation down the road where it's getting tight to lylo.
assuming that lylo = lie low;

i feel as though you've made a very scummy statement. You wouldn't want someone who knows that he is definetely the townie and insists that lynching him could result in a mislynch down the track?
Light
Light
Townie
Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #283 (isolation #14) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:50 pm

Post by Light »

Im sorry guys but i have some business to attend to in the next 48-72 hours.
Light
Light
Townie
Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #284 (isolation #15) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:50 pm

Post by Light »

don't replace me

thanks.
Light
Light
Townie
Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #372 (isolation #16) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:06 pm

Post by Light »

im back

feel free to ask me questions etc etc etc. some1 also mind filling me on whats happening>?
Light
Light
Townie
Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #375 (isolation #17) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:46 pm

Post by Light »

ok i've pretty much skipped all of don_johnson's/discos/farside22 post, because they are all big. I also note that the mod is inactive?

responses in blue.
PaltryExcuse wrote:
Ze Case on Light:

A) He doesn't participate unless you ask him questions directly or pressure him.

At the start of the game I asked him 2 questions to try and get some sort of opinion out of him. He didn't give any answers, and so I voted him. Then he starts responding...

[color=dark blue]So I'm suppose to say nothing when im pressured by a vote?[/color]

B) When he finally gives an opinion on something, it is extremely wishy-washy...
Light wrote:alright then paltryexcuse, i will get more involved. tbh the other mafia game i've been participating in seems much more interesting, which is why i've diverted a lot of my attention to it rather than split it 50-50.

I do not think Exedrin is scum, however i may be swayed to vote for him if evidence is presented.

Right now my 2 suspects are:
water_foul - this is just my intuition playing in, but i think we need to check him/her out more.
pwnman - lurking
No explanation needed. Just read.

[color=dark blue]?; So your basically thinking that my input is shit?[/color]

C) And it also targets the guy (pwnman) who has said NOTHING all game beyond responding to a prod and answering some RQS question.

This is disturbing because up until this point pwnman had said nothing, so it was a policy/easy lynch on the player with 3 votes at the time. Secondly, I would argue that Light was active lurking. It takes him less than a day to respond, however he still provides zilch.

[color=dark blue]I don't see how this is not a valid reason not to vote pwnman? He was lurking. When you say i'm "actively lurking", you realise that i have told you i did not pay too much attention to this because my other mafia game was much more interesting? Not some scum-thing you've got goign on in your head.[/color]

D) He alludes to giving an analysis in this post, and his defense is only "this is the way I play" and "town would suffer a mislynch".

He's defeatist and appeals to emotion. He then defends himself a couple more times without an analysis still. The pressure dies down on him (a.k.a Disco makes his 'Don ain't a mason remark') And then he pops in two days later to go on V/LA. The V/LA I can't dispute as being legit (and I'm not), but he had two days between his last post and the announcement of his V/LA to say
SOMETHING
Light wrote:But not being open is also a shit thing.

My ease of being swayed? i said i could be swayed to vote for exedrin if enough evidence was presented. It wouldn't be "regardless of it's true merits" because im voting based on evidence presented.

So what would you have me do to prove my innocence then? be less ambiguous? Narhh, i play the way i play.
You cannot change my core playstyle, i will always be open. always, regardless of faction.
The defense of 'you don't know me'.

I also stated at page 7-8 that i would start paying more attention.
Did you not conclude that i have yet to fully analyze the pages and posts before it?
The promise of a future analysis.

If you believe me to be the scum, then vote me out. i have absolutely nothing to lose. However the town would have then suffered from a mislynch.
Appeal to emotion.
[color=dark blue]
D) He alludes to giving an analysis in this post, and his defense is only "this is the way I play" and "town would suffer a mislynch". He's defeatist and appeals to emotion.
I don't back down from a fight. Also lol; your right on the appeals to emotion; however i've been doing ti subconciously so lol. Since you are insistent on my analysing shit, give me shit to analyse then. [/color]

Overall: It's anti-town, and scummy to me. There is nothing good to be gleaned from this.

However, Light's V/LA is also why I want to know if we're going to be assuming that the (new?) mod is going to extend the day (or we're going to say s/he is going to due to extenuating circumstances). I want at least an answer before the end of the day, but if Light can't get on in time... my vote is on a guy who can't defend in time which sucks.
Light
Light
Townie
Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #376 (isolation #18) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:47 pm

Post by Light »

and yes, i've realised i've failed in colouring my responces.
Light
Light
Townie
Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #488 (isolation #19) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:38 pm

Post by Light »

sorry guys, i've been waiting for the day phase to begin, and yeah, things happened.

Why do you insist that i am the scum paultry? Flying under the radar doesn't necessarily mean that i am scum.

FoS: PaultryExcuse

I think he really needs to get looked at. It would be good play for a scum to aim the "weaker & inactive bunch", possibly to get a mislynch. The more "mislynches", they get the better.

I see no actual case on disco other that the fact that mindgamer voted disco. Also im to note the farside revealed his role as mason after 1 vote? Has there been any counterclaims?

@excedrin: I don't think that the scum are coasting their way through the game. If anything, i would think they'd try as much as possible to get into the discussion.
Light
Light
Townie
Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #510 (isolation #20) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:50 pm

Post by Light »

PaltryExcuse wrote:@Light:
Light wrote:Why do you insist that i am the scum paultry? Flying under the radar doesn't necessarily mean that i am scum.
My case on you from yesterday carries to today. The fact that any participation from you requires someone to ask you direct questions or pressure is a sign you're hiding. I don't know why town would need to hide. So, flying under the radar is scummy. This is part of the case yesterday I built.

This is a new day, and because it looked like i was lurking last day phase does not mean i am this day phase. I am much more active now than i was the previous day phase. It was a pure coincidence that i responded to your post paultry. I would have commented on the farside/disco situation; however i had some stuff to talk with chaco which is why i did not post. I am not hiding. If you believe flying people under the radar are scummy, then take out kunkstar7 (this is in no way me trying shifting the vote).

So to answer your response from yesterday more clearly:
A) You're supposed to defend yourself when pressured by a vote. Only talking when you've been pressured isn't helpful and is a sign you are hiding.
B) Your first input was lackluster. It just said I think this guy isn't scum, I think these other guys are scum. No real reasons for anything. No scumhunting... just baseless opinion.
C) Targetting pwnman as a lurker when he had barely posted at all is ridiculous. Defending it when he persisted in NEVER posting is scummy.
D) You promised analysis, and I haven't seen any. I gave you stuff to analyze at the end of Day 1. Analyze away.

And yours is not also a baseless opinion? You're just voting me because i apparently don't post when im not being voted on.

I am defending myself when im getting voted on by you
Yeah, "analyze the game". Im more interested in analysing you and hewitt.

Light wrote:
FoS: PaultryExcuse

I think he really needs to get looked at. It would be good play for a scum to aim the "weaker & inactive bunch", possibly to get a mislynch. The more "mislynches", they get the better.
This is just an OMGUS FoS. In no way am I aiming solely at the 'weaker & inactive bunch', and your earlier suspicion of pwnman's lurking (which was really flaking) is clearly a sign of YOU attacking an inactive player.
Plus, rather than look at my posts and give an analysis to the town, you appeal to them to find information for you. Lazy? Yes. But also a potentially weak scum-tell as you want the person pressuring you lynched so he'll stop shining the light on you.

Please explain what OMGUS is. (Serious Question).

"in no way am I aiming solely at the 'weaker & inactive bunch'"

Ohhhhhhh shit. You totally are. A FoS on kuntstar who is lurking and a vote on me because i "don't say shit" until voted on. Whether or not you are solely aiming the "weaker/inactive bunch or not, you have
most
of your attention on them.

Yeah it clearly was me attacking a lurking player. It does not mean that i attack lurkers only. I attacked water_foul before he went in-active. (Hunch, but i no longer stand by this hunch).

"rather than look at my posts and give an analysis to the town you appeal to them to find information for you."

What? And what do you think you are doing? You're doing the same shit. You are telling me to provide you with the information.

"But also a potentially weak scum-tell as you want the person pressuring you lynched so he'll stop shining the light on you."

HOLY SHIT!@ Shine all you want, the fact remains that you are constantly aiming me so you can get light shone away from you.

Why has nobody even considered paultryexcuse a possible scum?

Light wrote:@excedrin: I don't think that the scum are coasting their way through the game. If anything, i would think they'd try as much as possible to get into the discussion.
This is in direct contradiction of you being suspicious of lurkers day 1.

As i said before new day, and my hunches on them no longer remain.

@hewitt:
2. It would not be a good play for scum to aim at the "weaker" bunch. It would be much more beneficial for them to knock off the last remaining actively participating players.

Not good play? Scum want a mislynch at any cost. There are no doctors to protect night kills, i'd be inclined to believe that they would get as many mislynch-es as possible in the day, and kill the active players at night.

No doubt 2/3 scum are lurking? You cannot be sure and have no doubt, unless ofc you are one of the scum.

Why do you not vote/fos me? You said yourself that you believe me to be the scum, but it makes no sense what so ever not to vote/fos if you have such an opinion.
Light
Light
Townie
Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #515 (isolation #21) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:47 pm

Post by Light »

@Paultry:
1st
there is no relationship between me and kuntstar to begin with to analyse.

2nd
Yes i will agree that you are scum hunting, however, your game analysis is wrong.

3rd
I told you before, it is a new day, starting fresh again. Its not because ur pressuring me.

4th
I have posted about the disco-farside-don incident. I have taken note on the situation. I have stated there that i think there is no real case on disco other than the fact that mindgamer wanted him out and he was a mason. I have also taken note that disco was apparently trying to out the remaining mason.

5th:
ohhhh please to god lynch me. it will show u that u are wrong in your ways. If you are a scum, then fkn well played.

@Excedrin
I think hewitt is a person we should be looking at more closely. The fact that he seems to be "bandwagoning" everything you say is suspicious in itself. Anyone agreeing with paultry on this must be considered suspicious in my eyes. I believe scum want a mislynch, and that they'd be willing to get it from anyone. So i would think that they would agree with paultry's case, and quickly rid of me.
Light
Light
Townie
Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #520 (isolation #22) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:54 pm

Post by Light »

don_johnson wrote:
light wrote:I have posted about the disco-farside-don incident. I have taken note on the situation. I have stated there that i think there is no real case on disco other than the fact that mindgamer wanted him out and he was a mason. I have also taken note that disco was apparently trying to out the remaining mason.
there is a case on disco. its rather solid. you also state that you think he tried to out the other mason. why not lynch him?
Because i believe there is a reason for doing so (even though it has not revealed itself to me). Maybe disco would care to elaborate as to why he wanted to out the mason? If he was a townie and wanted to out the mason, there should be a logical explanation for it.
Light
Light
Townie
Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #525 (isolation #23) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:33 pm

Post by Light »

well at-least my death will explain to paultry how wrong he is.
Light
Light
Townie
Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #541 (isolation #24) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:01 pm

Post by Light »

knew something was up with paultry.
Light