Mini 909: Nice'n'Fun Mafia (Game Over)

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:02 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Welcome back to the game Nacho. Hmm, that extra long break has seemed to scatter my brain. Oh no, wait, I remember!

Vote: RedCoyote

:D
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:12 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Cruciare wrote:
You have to at least lynch
one
of the scum before you lose!
Does this read like a weird thing for the mod to say? I think he's hinting that we're in mylo. Although, it's not so much a hint, as I can't imagine a balanced set-up with only 2 scum considering what has already flipped.

The truth is, after 4 dead townies without hitting scum, we basically need to lynch correctly 3 times in a row. Town's don't often win these situations, so we need to maximise our chances in every way we possibly can to find scum
today
. So, I propose a massclaim - especially after the flip of a doc enabler. There is too much weirdness going on in this set-up.

I think it's time to be more sensible too. No silly bandwagons without adequate discussion.

Unvote

Sorry. :)
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:59 pm

Post by Faraday »

I think we should mass claim, so yeah agreed.

I guess we could no lynch, but it only gives us a theoretical advantage really. In practise I don't think it'll help much here.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:52 am

Post by EdFrost »

Popcorn? Nobody is cleared at this point. I think we're comfortable nom'ing Faraday or cruelty to go first.
RAWR
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:05 am

Post by Hoopla »

EdFrost wrote:Popcorn? Nobody is cleared at this point. I think we're comfortable nom'ing Faraday or cruelty to go first.
I'd love RC to go first, but either of them are fine too.

We should wait for everyone else to check in before we start doing anything, though.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:08 am

Post by Faraday »

EdFrost wrote:Popcorn? Nobody is cleared at this point. I think we're comfortable nom'ing Faraday or cruelty to go first.
Popcorn is fine with me. Don't really mind who goes first, yourselves or red would be my preference but it's not a big deal.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:13 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

I'm fine with a massclaim.

I want cruelty to go first and I want a content post from him stating his reads on everyone BEFORE they claim.

More from me soon-ish, I have a class to go to right now.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:00 am

Post by cruelty »

what's popcorn?
the nexus of the crisis
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:17 am

Post by Hoopla »

cruelty wrote:what's popcorn?
A variety of corn that when heated explodes from the kernel. It's popular with salt or icing sugar, so much so it's the cornerstone snack of the cinematic industry.
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:18 am

Post by EdFrost »

The first person claims and then they choose who they want to claim afterwards. Then all they have control over is the person behind them.

I don't care where we go, particularly. The more *I* think about it, the more I would want cruelty to go first, with hito's request of cruelty's thoughts before a claiming time.
RAWR
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Massclaim?

If so, cruelty or I should go first.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:34 pm

Post by cruelty »

sounds interesting hoopla, we don't have that here in new zealand. maybe i'll try it when i goto the usa in july.

i'm vt.

not giving a scumlist. my top 2 lynches right this second would be:

RC (documented).

hito: i'm aware how omgusy this looks but the more i read his posts the more he looks like a palpatine to me. i recently completed a game with zorblag who as scum basically nudged the town along for the entire game and i'm sort of seeing very similar things from hito's posts. it's hard to explain exactly what (by definition palpatine looks very pro-town) but having just read him in iso i'm hearing alarms in the back of my mind.

recent posts of hito's that concern me (his iso #s):

34 - weird drop of the assault on nacho. yes, it's reasonable logic, but the actual reasoning reads as contrived to me.
35- first mention of agar (either my firefox is fucked up or he seriously never mentioned agar until this post) which is, oddly enough, a strong town read (rather no lynch that lynch rc/agar). this is strange to me.
39 - agar is "slipping down into a neutral-leaning-town".

this strikes me as very strange, especially in light of agar's flip. no mention of the dude for 34 posts, then suddenly he's a strong read, a slightly lesser town read, then bang, dead. ho hum. probably wasn't you though, y'all were pals.

I'd also note that his scumread of me became a lot stronger when hit began to gain some support. This will become important if I flip, I think.

don't like amished's logic (vi had a hand in the setup therefore faraday can't be the cop therefore cruelty must be scum. what??), don't entirely trust hoopla (i think she's just generally mysterious though so i'm not sure how accurate that read is) and think nacho needs to get back into the game asap.

i'm currently happy with faraday and tracker.

rc, it's your turn pal.
the nexus of the crisis
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:03 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Hoopla 601 wrote:Does this read like a weird thing for the mod to say? I think he's hinting that we're in mylo. Although, it's not so much a hint, as I can't imagine a balanced set-up with only 2 scum considering what has already flipped.
Very much so. I was actually reading it as if there were possibly four scum, but reading it this way makes more sense. It's hard for me to imagine it either way really. I don't think there are two scumteams or anything like that.

Anyways, with AGar and Mindgamer both flipping town, I don't feel particularly confident in my reads. Faraday and cruelty are still my suspects, but I can't do much with that at the moment.
Hoopla 601 wrote:The truth is, after 4 dead townies without hitting scum, we basically need to lynch correctly 3 times in a row. Town's don't often win these situations, so we need to maximise our chances in every way we possibly can to find scum
today
I concur. Surely the town has lost most of its night power anyways.
Hoopla 604 wrote:I'd love RC to go first, but either of them are fine too.
Yeah, that's no problem. I'm just a 'nilla townie.
Hoopla 608 wrote:A variety of corn that when heated explodes from the kernel. It's popular with salt or icing sugar, so much so it's the cornerstone snack of the cinematic industry.
:D

---
cruelty 611 wrote:rc, it's your turn pal.
Honestly I don't see how I should get any special choice for choosing who goes next just because I claimed. Either you agree with the massclaim or you don't (not you specifically, cruelty, I mean rhetorically). Anyone who wants to claim next is welcome to, imo. Ideally I'd just as soon have everyone claim.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:32 pm

Post by cruelty »

Did you actually read my post or did you just quickly scan for your name?

Curious.
the nexus of the crisis
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:49 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Yes, I saw your claim. I was saying that I'm not really interested in "popcorning" who goes next, because, imo, we all need to do it. Unless there was something you wanted me to address specifically?
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:41 pm

Post by cruelty »

nah I just misread your post. thought it said "because i claimed first", my bad.
the nexus of the crisis
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:32 am

Post by EdFrost »

We're a firefighter. Each night we can protect somebody from being targeted by an Arsonist if there's one in the game. Basically an Arsonist doctor. My thoughts on an SK being in the game similarly align to my thoughts of an SK being in the game.

First night our predecessor targeted mindgamer (no idea why) and last night we protected hoopla as we thought that AGar had a decent shot of being a third party if there even was one. Since we couldn't protect ourselves, we went after somebody that we felt would be around a while and therefore a threat; especially if she turned her tunneling on whoever a third party was even if it wasn't AGar.

I want Faraday to claim next
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:33 am

Post by EdFrost »

EBWOP: One of the "SK"'s in the first para should turn into an Arsonist. Derp.
RAWR
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:59 am

Post by Hoopla »

Hmmm.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:52 am

Post by Faraday »

'nilla here.

Nacho next plz.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:44 am

Post by Faraday »

i've a shit ton of college work to get through up untill saturday basically.

v/la untill then, pretty much. sorry!
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:32 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Vanilla.

Hito, you can go.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:40 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vanilla town.

That's everyone except for the not-currently-here tracker slot.

Another one of my games is insanely active right now, so I apologize for my relatively sparse posting.

Cruelty, why are you not giving a scumlist?
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:25 pm

Post by cruelty »

Don't believe they're beneficial. Basically did anyway.
the nexus of the crisis
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:40 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

I'm willing to put a lot of money on three scum in this game, based on us having a CPR doc and a tracker.

Your 'lynch list' has two people on it - me, and my strongest town read. If there are three scum in this game, we need to lynch correctly today, and then tomorrow, and then the next day. If I'm lynched, we lose. If RC is lynched, I'm almost certain we lose.

If this is where you stand, cruelty, then I know that a town victory in this game won't happen with you along. I think (and hope) this is because you're scum and not because you happened to tunnel on two townies and no one else.

vote: cruelty

Where I stand on the others:

As I said, RC continues to be my strongest town read. EdFrost is also with us. We've got a little triangle going that appears to be viewing the game the same way (though this is incredibly rude and egotistical, I can't help but mention that 'views the game logically' is what comes to mind). If we win, I think it's gonna be by us forming a voting bloc that the scum can't touch.

I'm still in a very weird place with Faraday. He disagrees with me in much the same way as cruelty, but while cruelty's tunneling and apathy scream scum to me Faraday's effort and posting style make me think town - even as he comes from a perspective I don't think townies can come from. If my bloc-mates think he's the best lynch I'm with them, but he's not my first choice.

With the games proceedings I believe Hoopla's claim (especially since she claimed BEFORE the FBI agent and arsonist claims - and I'm not exactly feeling an Edfrost/Hoopla/Tracker scumteam.) I'm glad to see that she, at least, seems to be stepping down from the idea that RC is scummy. Though I still have some residual misgivings for your D2 actions, I think there's still room in our voting bloc for one more, Hoopla. <3

I think there's at least one scum (and very possibly two) among our lurkers Nacho and Tracker (who is still desperately needing replacing, though I know our mod has been working hard on it.) It's hard for me to explain why but I just can't believe that all three scum have been capering in this thread and I haven't noticed. I want lots of content from those two as quickly as possible.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”