Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Mini 909: Nice'n'Fun Mafia (Game Over)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:07 pm

Post by Cruciare »

Mini 909: Nice'n'Fun Mafia

The sun rises on a new day in our humble little town. The sky is blue, the birds are singing, the flowers are smiling, the trees are dancing, the tombstones are laughing, the rivers flow downhill dyed in crimson, the chimneys breathe out the foul stench of rotting bodies, the walls stand smeared with bits of human flesh and bone, splendidly decorated in blood still dripping wet -- Let us turn the clock back and watch this comedy unfold.

Game Status:
Game Over (Mafia Wins)
Current Deadline:
N/A

Still Alive
  • hitogoroshi,
    Mafia Goon

Hoopla,
    Mafia Goon

Faraday
    Flareonage
    Mafia Watcher
Burning In Hell
  • Quagmire,
    CPR Doctor
    , guillotined D1
    Cyberbob,
    Tracker
    , face smashed N1
    Mindgamer,
    Vanilla Townie
    , stoned to death D2
    AGar
    Col.Cathart
    Doc Enabler
    , skinned alive N2
    Snow White
    The Tracker
    FBI Agent
    , premature burial D3

RedCoyote,
    Vanilla Townie
    , heart carved out
    Nachomamma8
    horrordude0215
    Nachomamma8
    Vanilla Townie
    , head split in half
    cruelty,
    Vanilla Townie
    , stomach ripped open
    EdFrost
    angelmouse
    Firefighter
    , shredded into pieces
Stuff Ending

End of Day 1, End of Night 1
End of Day 2, End of Night 2
End of Day 3 & Epilogue

Results, night actions, final comments, me laughing my ass off, etc.
Last edited by Cruciare on Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:44 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:19 pm

Post by Cruciare »

Rules & Guidelines

(format inspired by RedCoyote)

Disclaimer
-
This post is just a general guideline. My whim is law. I reserve the right to change/bend/add/ignore/remove rules and invoke mod privileges at will. I AM TYRANT.

Voting
-
Votes must be in bold in this format -
Vote: Cruciare
. It would greatly help to spell your votee's name exactly as it appears, even though I may be able to interpret nicknames/abbreviations. The colon is optional. Refrain from voting people/things that are not eligible to be voted. The four letters "Vote" must exist in that order as text for your vote to count.
Unvote
in bold will remove your vote, and likewise the six letters "Unvote" must exist in that order as text for your vote to be removed. Unvoting is not necessary before switching your vote. Badly formatted votes and unvotes will not be counted. Attempted voting tricks are punishable by castration.

Lynching
-
Lynching requires a majority of votes, that is, just more than half of the living players. A player who first reaches a majority of votes is considered lynched, and any further voting and unvoting attempts will not be counted. The game will go into 'twilight' until I get there to announce the lynchee's death. During 'twilight' everyone is welcome to talk in-thread until I lock it and announce the arrival of night. You may choose to
Vote: No Lynch
, and in the case that a vote for no lynch is the majority, the day will end without anyone being lynched. For a lynch to occur the town must come to a consensus before the deadline. Any modkills
may
end the day like a lynch.

Deadlines
-
At deadline, if there is no majority, the day will end in a no lynch, regardless of anything. All days have an auto-deadline of two weeks (14 days/336 hours). This deadline may shorten or extend as per my whim without warning. I will be reasonable (you will have at least 4 days prior knowledge of any shortened deadline), and your pitiful begging may sway me. Deadlines will be in the form of days/hours, and I will remind you as often as possible. A date in GMT will be provided, but you'll need to adjust accordingly to your time zone. Deadlines are absolute to the minute, regardless of when I come to announce it. I will look at exact post times to verify stuff if necessary.

Night Actions
-
Night lasts about 72 hours or three days (barring strange circumstances). If night actions are not submitted in this period of time, the night action will be forfeited for that night (with possible exceptions). Most night choices are not compulsory, including mafia kills. If you anticipate going to swim in the Amazon during any night phase, your night choice may be submitted early, but otherwise please actually wait until night to send in your night choice. No night choices can be reconsidered or resent - I will only accept your very first choice. Night actions will resolve in a particular way which I am not bothered to explain here, but you may make relevant enquiries.

Delinquency
-
If you once again anticipate going to swim in the Amazon for an extended period, please PM me or state as such in-thread. I do not check V/LA. Prods may be given upon request or as I see fit (typically after 48 hours of absence). Prodded people must show signs of not being eaten by piranhas ASAP. Failure to do so will result in me looking for a replacement. If you have been prodded too many times, I may have to forcibly replace you. If your vacation to the Amazon takes longer than one week, I may replace you anyway regardless of advance notice. Replacements will take the place of their predecessors at the instant I announce it, and will be given all relevant role information.

Thou Shalt Not
-
Do not talk to anyone outside of the thread about this game (except me) unless your role PM says you can. Do not quote or pretend to quote any out-of-thread communications regarding this game in the thread, including role PMs and other PMs from me. Paraphrasing is okay. Do not post in the thread or otherwise communicate with anyone regarding this game once you're dead. Do not post in small/hidden text or codes. Do not edit or delete posts. Do not use
indigo
or
red
. Do not claim you are mafia and X is your partner, regardless of whether it's true or not. And do not spoil the game for other people. Infraction of any (or most) of these will result in modkill/replacements. Those modkilled forfeit their win conditions.

Queries
-
Shocking as it seems, I do make mistakes - please point them out if you find them. Mistakes will be corrected where and if possible. Any questions or requests for me may be posted in-thread, bolded and preferably prefixed with
@Mod
. I may miss non-bolded queries. I will reply as soon as possible to the best of my ability (i.e. to whatever extent I feel like). Any question or requests may also be PMed to me, and I will reply similarly. Note however that queries/replies sent in this way may not be quoted in-thread. Don't be scared to ask about anything your puny brain doesn't comprehend, although I can't guarantee answers to setup-related questions.

The Golden Rule
-
"Please remember that this is a game, and your main objective is to have fun! Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game."
- Vel-Rahn Koon
Last edited by Cruciare on Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:26 pm

Post by Cruciare »

Important Information

This setup was conceived by a sadistic madman and reviewed by aliens. To make the game somewhat less unfair for the uninformed and minimise any post-game rage directed at me, I have written this guide of what you as the players should know about the setup. Read carefully.

All or most roles are normal, but I may or may not have combined various aspects of various roles into new roles. Improbable combinations may or may not have been used. I am not above anything. The following is an example of a role PM that may or may not exist in this game:

Mafia NeighbourWelcome to Nice'n'Fun Mafia! You are a
Mafia Neighbour
. Some bad guys have invaded the town, oh wait, that’s you. Sicily has sent you on a mission to annihilate this pathetic little town, and you have the assistance of two associates:
ALICE
– a Mafia Neighbour, and
BOB
– a Mafia Firefighter. Each night, you may talk amongst yourselves by way of the following QuickTopic. Once per night, one of you may PM me the name of the player you wish to kill, and a nightkill attempt will be made by the one who sent the PM. You are also Neighbours with one of your scumbuddies -
ALICE
, and may talk to him/her at night by way of the following QuickTopic. No, I don't know what the point of that is either. You are aligned with the Mafia, thus you win when all members of the Town are dead, at least one member of your faction is still alive and living members if your faction can no longer die (or nothing can prevent this).

Any and all assumptions made about the setup are not any more likely to be right than they are likely to be wrong. Trying to outguess the setup is futile. The following simulation illustrates a basic example which may or not may have actually occured had I not written this guide:

Lynch or LosePlayer A:
Massclaim. I'm the Cop. I have a guilty on Player B.
Vote: Player B

Player B:
Bullshit! I'm the Cop! Die scum!
Vote: Player A

Player C:
Blah blah blah false indecisiveness blah blah blah.
Vote: Player A

-----
Player A,
Cop
, Lynched, Loses
Player B,
Cop
, Endgamed, Loses
Player C,
Mafia Framer
, Survived, Wins!

Within this game, the number of players in the uninformed minority is three. There is only one uninformed minority. The Town consists of seven to nine players. The number of third party roles will either be zero, one or two. There are no Lynchers, Cults and/or Jesters in this game.

Mafia Win ConditionYou are aligned with the Mafia, thus you win when all members of the Town are dead, at least one member of your faction is still alive and living members if your faction can no longer die (or nothing can prevent this).

Town Win ConditionYou are aligned with the Town, thus you win when all members of all factions with the Town's elimination as a direct or indirect objective are dead and at least one member of the Town is still alive.

In the Mafia win condition, the word 'Mafia' may or may not be replaced with 'Werewolves' or another faction name. Certain players of any alignment may or may not possess additional win conditions (e.g. Usurpers, Lovers). More than one player has the exact following role PM:

Vanilla TownieWelcome to Nice'n'Fun Mafia! You are a
Vanilla Townie
. Some bad guys have invaded the town, and must do all you can to stop them. You have no night action, but may employ the use of your all-important vote, keyboard and brain (I hope you have one) during the day. You are aligned with the Town, thus you win when all members of all factions with the Town's elimination as a direct or indirect objective are dead and at least one member of the Town is still alive.

I've decided to go a little insane with kill flavour in this game. But make no mistake, flavour is not at all indicative of roles or alignments or anything else. Now matter how people die at night, I can assure you that you will not be able to use flavour to distinguish these kills. Example:

Death SceneThe sun rises on a new day in our humble little town. The townspeople wake up one by one and gather to participate in their daily discussions, but after a while it seems that Player A and Player B have yet to arrive. This is odd. The other townspeople decide to see what's going on.

Some of them knock at Player A's front door. No reply. The townspeople slowly turn the handle, hoping that Player A simply forgot to turn on his alarm clock. The door creaks open, and a flood of sunlight illuminates the interior of the house. Player A's sleeping figure is spotted, curled up in his bed as the other townspeople breathe a sigh of relief. Player C goes over to wake him up when a look of horror washes over Player C's face, followed by a high pitched scream. The other townspeople rush up to him, and soon discover themselves similarly horrified. There were stitches all over Player A's body. All his limbs had been switched around, his torso and abdomen were not facing the same way, and his head had been cut diagonally and sewn back together such that his eyes were facing different sides of his head.

But before the townspeople could fully take in what they had just seen, another group of townspeople that had gone to Player B's house comes running out, hands over their mouths looking like they were about to vomit, some of them screaming, some of them crying. Player D asks what's wrong, but it seems they were too shocked to speak. He runs inside against multiple warnings and puts his hand over his own mouth after witnessing the scene. The dining table was dyed with red. Player B's severed head laid atop the table, and whilst the rest of his body could not be seen, piles of something resembling raw mince were served on several plates on the same table. On the once white tablecloth the words were written in blood - 'BON APPETIT'. Player D closes his eyes and runs outside, taking in erratic breaths of the outside air.

The townspeople gather after somehow calming themselves. The situation is worse than they thought. There are demons amongst them. What else could possible have murdered Player A and Player B is such horrible ways? But even so, they resolve to stay strong, and lynch the bastards.

Player A,
Paranoid Gun Owner
, frankenstein'd N1
Player B,
Arsonist
, minced and served N1

(In case you don't get it, the PGO was killed by the Arsonist and the Arsonist was killed by the PGO. The death scene flavour does not match this.)

Lastly, take care to note that the presence or absence of certain roles does not guarantee the presence or absence of any other roles. For example, the presence of a Nurse does not guarantee the presence of a Doctor, nor does it guarantee the absence of any other Nurses.
Last edited by Cruciare on Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:28 pm

Post by Cruciare »

Roles are sort of possibly being sent out shortly maybe.
Roles are out. The game will begin once everyone has confirmed in-thread.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Confirmed.
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:42 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Confirm. Glad to see a mod with a sense of humor. :D

Also, I'm going to be leaving MN at ~7am CST on Friday, which means I should be in Nebraska ~4pm. I could potentially not post at all Friday depending on how I feel when I get back. Just a little warning there.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:59 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

/confirm
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:10 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

/confirm

I'm excited; this game looks like it is going to be great!
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:27 pm

Post by cruelty »

/confirm
the nexus of the crisis
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:42 pm

Post by Mindgamer »

/confirm
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:47 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

/Confirm!
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:27 am

Post by Quagmire »

/confirm

I'm going to be V/LA from Friday evening through Saturday night... just an FYI.
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:01 am

Post by The Tracker »

/confirm
In the grand scheme of things, wins and losses are pointless. But I'm not the grand scheme, so die scum!

Yes, I have a wiki page. No, I'm not linking you to it.
Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Post by Flareonage »

/confirm
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:21 pm

Post by Hoopla »

/confirm
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:37 pm

Post by Cruciare »

angelmouse has not picked up her role PM. The game will begin with or without her in more or less 26 hours unless I get hit by a bus or something.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:02 pm

Post by cruelty »

where in nz you from?

mod-buddying strategy in full effect.
the nexus of the crisis
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:21 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Hate to spam up the thread pre confirming, but:

Iowa Department of Transportation wrote: Travel is currently not advised in all of western Iowa, counties along the I-35 corridor, and parts of east central Iowa due to very treacherous road conditions and blowing snow. The Iowa State Patrol has issued a tow ban for the affected areas.

Seeing as the I-35 corridor and western Iowa are what's known as 'the route one uses to get from Minnesota to Nebraska', I'm going to be here for now and I'll be disappearing more or less by surprise (later today? tomorrow?) for a day or so sometime soon here. I'll make sure to post right before I'm out the door - sadly, it's looking like it'll sync up depressingly well with the start of the game. Sorry!
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:36 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Hmm...

Hito is making excuses before the game has even started.

And in every game we've played together, we've been of different alignments. This game, I'm town.

In addition, Hito hasn't been scum
yet

So, I declare Hito scum this game.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:12 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I'm convinced.

prevote: hitogoroshi
for using mother nature to help his scumlurking.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:40 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

hito update, I'll be leaving at 5am tomorrow and arriving at Nebraska god knows when. I'll post right before I go if it's open, and whenever I make it to college on Saturday, so the delay shouldn't be too grievous.

p.s, mafia weatherman would be the best role ever. Make it happen.
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:16 am

Post by Cruciare »

So I almost got hit by a bus, hence the four and a half hour delay. angelmouse still has not picked up her role PM, she has about a day to show signs of not having died in a tragic accident before I start looking for replacements. The game will begin now.

It is now D1. The deadline is set at January 23, 11:30AM GMT/UTC. Refer to countdown timer. Go go go!
(Oh, and I'm from Auckland. =P)

Vote Count

hitogoroshi (1)
RedCoyote

Not Voting (11)
hitogoroshi, Nachomamma8, Hoopla, cruelty, Cyberbob, Flareonage, angelmouse, Col.Cathart, The Tracker, Quagmire, Mindgamer

With twelve alive, it takes seven to guillotine.
Last edited by Cruciare on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
angelmouse
angelmouse
Goon
angelmouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:18 am

Post by angelmouse »

/confirm. wont be late again!
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:20 am

Post by Cruciare »

angelmouse has appeared! Hooray!
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:20 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Vote: hitogoroshi

This is obviously the best play of the day.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”