Mini #893 - Dollhouse Mafia (Game Over!)

CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:38 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

RECK:

So if I'm reading this correctly, you have yourself and Elvis as town, Pug as scum, ortolan/SC/farside as possible scum and Socrates as "tough to read". Where do I figure on this list?
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:42 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

You're townish.
green shirt thursdays
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:55 am

Post by elvis_knits »

CrashTextDummie wrote: 1. I'm not too keen about imprinting. The pool of players I trust enough has gotten pretty small. Aside from myself, it's basically Socrates and no one else, as I have some reservations about every other player. This might change upon my reread though. But at this point, I think we're in a strong enough position to win this game nightless-style.
I wouldn't mind going nightless. I don't know how much imprints will help us if we don't get investigation ability.

If we imprint, I would favor CTD and and farside. Like I said, CTD is basically confirmed town after the KOC flip. And I still think farside is town. Plus, she's already been imprinted, so it doesn't make our pool of suspects any larger if the worst were to happen and a NK happens.
3. I think I like Pug as scum better on Elvis' list. I still hate the fact that he was part of the Buttonmen lynch. Will keep a close eye on him as I reread.
I think this is the main point against pug -- that they flipped from a town read on buttonmen to lynching him. Also, pug hasn't contributed very much content to the game.
6. Elvis and farside I have mixed feelings about. I consider them the driving force behind the Buttonmen lynch (and consequently the KoC-save), and it bothers me a bit that they came out of it still completely buddy-buddy. Elvis is concentrating exclusively on the "scum latched on to the counterwagon when it became feasible" angle, which I'm not sure I'm buying. Elvis in particular I've kinda let slide after a certain point, where I took her off my list for reasons I don't really remember. Will also keep a close eye on her as I reread.
Well, I don't blame you for not liking me pushing the buttonmen lynch. But I do think it makes sense given my suspicions about him that went very far back. What makes the late buttonmen wagoners suspicious is not only "scum latched onto the counterwagon when it became feasible," but more important that
they had expressed almost no prior suspicion of buttonmen.

One question for Elvis:
Did you reread the game overnight?
Briefly. I looked up the votes on the buttonmen wagon by isoing username and wrote that down for my notes. That's how I know I did... it's in my notes. Then I made myself a little table of who I thought was scum and town. (I don't usually do too much reading during the night but I didn't think there was very much chance of me dying or anyone dying since I'm not too suspicious of ortolan and htink farside is town).

The long reckoner post today was made today after isoing him when he called my accusation random.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:57 pm

Just looking over the last couple of pages.

RECK, what happened between:
RECK on page 70 wrote:SC is my strongest town read, and I can't say why due to ongoing games.
and
RECK on page 71, when asked who he thinks is scum wrote:Pug & [SC/ortolan/farside]. I'm not sure on the second one. Socrates is a tough read as well.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:11 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Because of SC's placement at the end of the day. It reaaaally shook me up. I still think SC is playing similar to how he is in the other game, but he may just be good at having a symmetric playstyle.
green shirt thursdays
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:24 pm

And what happened between these:
RECK on page 70, answering who he would investigate wrote:You [Elvis] or farside, probably.
RECK on page 70, to Elvis wrote:Why are you obvtown?
and
RECK on page 71 wrote:Imprint: xRECKONERx, elvis_knits
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:40 pm

Post by farside22 »

I want why reck went from we should no lynch and imprint to lynching KOC after being questioned on his reasoning more.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:59 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

Reck, my alignment is unconfirmed in that game - if anyone from that other game looks at this one it'll be obvious what it is. I didn't attack you in that game for slipping in this one but you gotta stop talking about it.

In more general terms, I was thrown by Koc acting identically in another game as town.

At least with Vala scum it means my D1 hammer of Deathnote did indeed stop at least one scum from getting an imprint.

I'll do some analysis of this in a sec, but I think it shows CTD shouldn't be considered almost confirmed, at least.

WAGONS:

D1 Lynch.

Deathnote
(7) - Elvis, Socrates, Pug, Iowa, CrashTextDummy, Limerick/Ortolan, SerialClergyman
Elvis (2) -
Starbuck
, Farside
SerialClergyman (1) -
button

Not Voting (2) -
Deathnote
VMD/KoC
D1 imprints

In all -
VMD/KoC
(5) -
Deathnote
, Limerick/Ortolan,
Starbuck
VMD/KoC
, CrashTextDummy
CrashTextDummy (5) -
Deathnote
VMD/KoC
, CrashTextDummy, Iowa, Limerick/Ortolan
button
(5) -
Deathnote
Starbuck
, Farside, CrashTextDummy,
button
Peak of D2 push to lynch SC

SerialClergyman (4) -
button
, CrashTextDummy,
VMD/KoC
, Iowa
Starbuck
(3) - SerialClergyman, Socrates, Elvis
VMD/KoC
(1) - Farside

Not Voting (3) -
Starbuck
, Limerick/Ortolan, Pug

6 to lynch.
D2 lynch

Starbuck
(6) - SerialClergyman, Socrates, Elvis, Farside, Iowa , CrashTextDummy
SerialClergyman (3) -
button
VMD/KoC
Starbuck

Not Voting (2) - Limerick/Ortolan, Pug

6 to lynch.
D3 Imprints

button
(6) -
button
, Farside,
VMD/KoC
, Limerick/Ortolan, Pug, Iowa
Limerick/Ortolan (6) - Limerick/Ortolan,
VMD/KoC
, Farside, CrashTextDummy, Pug,
button

Farside (6) - SerialClergyman, Farside, Elvis, CrashTextDummy, Socrates, Limerick/Ortolan
Pug (3) - SerialClergyman, Iowa, Pug
Socrates (3) - Iowa, Socrates,
VMD/KoC

Elvis (2) - Iowa, SerialClergyman
VMD/KoC
(1) -
VMD/KoC

Iowa (1) - Iowa
SerialClergyman (1) - Socrates
CrashTextDummy (1) – CrashTextDummy
D3 lynch
button
(6) - Elvis, Farside, SerialClergyman, Pug, Socrates, Iowa
VMD/KoC
(1) - CrashTextDummy
Farside (1) - Limerick/Ortolan

Not Voting (2) -
button
VMD/KoC

6 to lynch.
D4 lynch
VMD/KoC
(5) - Elvis, Socrates, CrashTextDummy, Pug, Iowa
CrashTextDummy (1) - SerialClergyman
No Lynch (1) -
VMD/KoC

Not Voting (2) - Limerick/Ortolan, Farside

5 to lynch.
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:15 pm

Dammit, I thought I got everyone. Iowa = Reck, sorry.
I'm old now.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:35 pm

Post by Socrates »

Hey CTD, can I just take your posts and just plagiarize them? Its a lot harder to work up the energy to make a detailed post when you keep posting pretty much exactly what I am thinking before I get the chance to post.

In other news, Pug needs to be replaced.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:25 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Socrates. Am I scum?
green shirt thursdays
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:41 pm

Post by Socrates »

xRECKONERx wrote:Socrates. Am I scum?
*shrug* Idunno. I officially can't read you, considering that I was wrong about you in both of the games we have been together in in the past.

Most of the stuff that people seem to be flinging at you seem to be based on being inconsistent, which is something I personally don't consider a scum tell. In fact, stuff like that usually feels like a town tell to me because it means that you are not putting a filter on your thoughts. Switching from KOC to Buttonmen in order to end a day that is dragging on is obviously something that I don't object to because I did it too. Also, blatantly fishing for participation like this when the motivation for doing so is obviously not to push a wagon is another point on the town card.

So the answer it no, for now. I remember that I was mildly suspicious of you earlier, but I can't remember why.

Which leaves me at a wierd place, because now I don't know where my suspicions should lie right now.

This game really deserves a re-read from me.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:15 pm

The more I look at the wagons, the more I think limerick or CTD are likely to be scum.
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:15 pm

*and
I'm old now.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:58 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Socrates wrote:In other news, Pug needs to be replaced.
Or lynched
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:43 am

Post by Pug89 »

I tried to get on the site yesterday and it wouldn't load for me for some reason and I have a test to study for later today, so I'll catch up tonight.
People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy. - Joss Whedon
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:15 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I think ortolan is scum.

Ortolan:
Staying off the lynches almost entirely, having VMD/KoC on his imprint wagon, and especially pushing for an imprint on himself when both DN and VMD/KoC were on his wagon, as well as joining the CTD imprint wagon with DN and VMD/KoC.

It's not a solid case, but it's the best I have to go on right now. I could see Pug/ort as the remaining two scum, but I'm a little shaky.
green shirt thursdays
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:30 am

Post by farside22 »

This game is now starting to get to me. I think it's Reck erractic play that has me completely confused. Every time he does something that strikes me as a completely scum move he says something that strikes a town moment.

imprint: Soc and EK

Right now I think I'm going to imprint the only people I don't suspect in this game to be mafia.

imprint: farside

imprinting myself and hope for an investigation tonight.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:33 am

I concur. I stuck up for him in his long argument with farside, but wagon analysis doesn't lie, and his votes are dodgy as.

vote ortolan
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:36 am

imprint farside and elvis
I'm old now.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:45 am

Post by elvis_knits »

SC, I have some comments/questions about your wagon analysis:

SerialClergyman wrote:
D1 Lynch.

Deathnote
(7) - Elvis, Socrates, Pug, Iowa, CrashTextDummy, Limerick/Ortolan, SerialClergyman
Elvis (2) -
Starbuck
, Farside
SerialClergyman (1) -
button

Not Voting (2) -
Deathnote
VMD/KoC
D1 imprints

In all -
VMD/KoC
(5) -
Deathnote
, Limerick/Ortolan,
Starbuck
VMD/KoC
, CrashTextDummy
CrashTextDummy (5) -
Deathnote
VMD/KoC
, CrashTextDummy, Iowa, Limerick/Ortolan
button
(5) -
Deathnote
Starbuck
, Farside, CrashTextDummy,
button
If Ort/lim and CTD are both scum, you're saying all four scum were on the imprint wagons for both VMD and CTD. I don't know if I buy that. I guess it's possible, but I tend to think they wouldn't want to do that. Unless they were really desperate to imprint (which they might have been).

Do you think all the scum would group together like that? Do you think they banked on the DN buss to camoflauge their obvious imprinting?

SC wrote:
D3 lynch
button
(6) - Elvis, Farside, SerialClergyman, Pug, Socrates, Iowa
VMD/KoC
(1) - CrashTextDummy
Farside (1) - Limerick/Ortolan

Not Voting (2) -
button
VMD/KoC

6 to lynch.
This part, I find CTD/Ort(lim) scumteam very unbelievable. It would mean that the buttonmen lynch had NO scum on it. When buttonmen was the counterwagon to a scum (KOC). I can't believe that the counterwagon to a possible scum lynch would have NO (read: ZERO) scum on it. I think that is, like, almost impossible.
Talk nerdy to me.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:50 am

Post by farside22 »

The vote from SC onto ort really throws me off more then reck does.
I don't know if all scum would imprint one of there own but I can't see them not trying to take the opportunity to push it.
Basically just in my view type thing. if on day 1 VMD could have gotten 3 town players to imprint her it would have taken DN, herself and 2 scum buddies to imprint her.
So
VMD/KoC (5) - Deathnote, Limerick/Ortolan, Starbuck, VMD/KoC, CrashTextDummy
Didn't reck imprint VMD at one point?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:04 am

Post by farside22 »

Okay so I did a check on this imprint for day 1.

Ohio (5) - Nevada, Florida, Arizona, Ohio, Iowa

VMD - DN, Limerick, SB, VMD, Reck

Ohio (5) - Nevada, Florida, Arizona, Ohio, Colorado (Colorado unimprinted dec 15)

VMD - DN, Limerick, SB, VMD, messiah/CTD (imprinted dec 15)

Not imprinting VMD

farside, EK, SC, buttonman, Socrates

I think what SC should be saying is that the 5 players that did not imprint VMD that day 2 of them can not be scum. We already know the buttonman is town. It's possible one player not imprinting VMD that day was scum but scum could have had one of their own imprinted day 1 easily
messiah imprinted VMD on the 15th at 5:14pm. That same day reck unimprinted vel 20 minutes later. I can't see scum unimprinting one of their own while needing just one more player to imprint vel

imprint: Reck

I think I can see when messiah's imprinting of Vel why CTD/Messiah could be scum with that team.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:19 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Wow, did farside just imprint me? O_O

Mark this down in history. In any case, elvis, what do you think of an ortolan/Pug scumteam?
green shirt thursdays
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:29 am

Post by elvis_knits »

xRECKONERx wrote: In any case, elvis, what do you think of an ortolan/Pug scumteam?
More possible that Ortolan/CTD (which is pretty much impossible).

I think I have to take a look at Limerick/Ortolan more to be able to comment better.

But, are you sure you're not scum, reckoner? Like, really? Come on, check your role pm.
Talk nerdy to me.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”