almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:01 am

Post by almightybob »

Netopalis wrote:Bob: I can link you to a page 1 RVS lynch, if you'd like to see it. Sure, it involves a self-hammer, but the point is that it has happened before. I've also been lynched for objecting to a page 2 3-person bandwagon before that was based on little to nothing. To put it simply, random votes are contrary to my thesis of the game. That's why I've been experimenting with the opening questions in newbie games lately.
I would actually quite like to see that, if only to read the aftermath :lol:
I agree that random votes are not a good reason to lynch, which is why I would not be involved in a lynching wagon where the votes were based on random choice.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:07 am

Post by Netopalis »

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12804

It actually, along with attempts to ruin some other games, got Saberwolf banned.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:48 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Yeah, I actually replaced in to the second incarnation of that game AND another game he alted in to and messed up.

I'd like to point out that saying 'I HEREBY END THE RVS' or anything of the ilk is pretty anti-town in itself. I can understand why neto isn't a fan but it's something you let happen organically and not try to call yourself. I'm not talk about Neto here but rather about things like:
The RVS isn't a 'thing' you end. It's just an understanding between players that you can do stupid things in the early game until something actually happens.
xRECKONERx [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2105053#2105053]50[/url] wrote: @hito, I'm flattered you think I'm a catalyst. Quick, point to a meta example of my catalyst....ism.
Open 191 is on my mind. Admittedly you earned your 'honorary scum' title with your hammer, but before that you helped drive lynches, keep things clear, etc.

Regarding kyle, I'm not actually saying I want to policy lynch him now - just that if I'm in a situation where I don't have any scum suspects to lynch (unlikely, but maybe my main target replaces out without claiming right before deadline or something) I'd probably want to lynch kyle. Having a floater is annoying but not policy-lynch worthy most of the time unless we go a whole day without any good scumtells at all (and in that case, we'd learn plenty from the lack of scumtells in any case so the policy lynch wouldn't be an information sinkhole.)
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:00 am

Post by Netopalis »

For the record, I was simply stating that I don't like it and won't participate in it, not that I was demanding its end. Quite honestly, I've found that when I do participate in the RVS, I screw it up somehow...So, I generally wait until I'm useful to contribute heavily, which is in the later part of D1 and the subsequent days.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:11 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Neto, who's scum?
green shirt thursdays
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:17 am

Post by Netopalis »

No idea. Not enough information yet.

Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:22 am

Post by Espeonage »

xRECKONERx wrote:Neto, who's scum?
That is a stupid question. Maybe a better one would be, who do you suspect is leaning towards scum.
Don't @ me.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:43 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Espeonage wrote:
xRECKONERx wrote:Neto, who's scum?
That is a stupid question. Maybe a better one would be, who do you suspect is leaning towards scum.
It'd be helpful if you could just answer the inferred question instead of stubbornly arguing about semantics.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:49 am

Post by Netopalis »

It was directed at me. I answered that I didn't have an answer, as per the post that prompted the question.

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:00 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Scenario: give top three scum candidates or die.
green shirt thursdays
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:03 am

Post by Netopalis »

Scenario: Try it.

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:20 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

vote: neto
green shirt thursdays
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:36 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Ok, this is getting really stupid.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:40 am

Post by Netopalis »

Agreed. I have absolutely nothing to base a read on, so anything I would do would be just randomly accusing people based on not a whit of evidence.

kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:06 am

Post by kyle99 »

Wow reck, that vote was really bad.
Sakako
Sakako
Goon
Sakako
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:57 am

Post by Sakako »

I hate being Australian sometimes. I missed this
whole
bit of conversation.

Unfortunately, it could have happened anywhere so I still don't really have any reads, but I'm going to
vote: xRECKONERx
just cause he's being a douche :p
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:00 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I'm being slightly douchey, yes. But I find it hard to believe that people don't have at least SOME kind of opinion forming by page four. The idea wasn't "pick three or I'll lynch you and you die" I meant "If you had to pick three or die, who would your three be?". But then he challenged me and I had to vote.

Yeah, my vote'll stay there until Neto provides some semblance of content.
green shirt thursdays
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:02 am

Post by Netopalis »

Yeah, but that's not what you
said
, now is it? I knew that your threat was ludicrous, but I was curious to see if you could back it up. Clearly, you couldn't. As I've explained, every time I try to give substantial content when I have none, I've proven to be wrong. So, I'm going to wait until I have something to say to say it.

Sakako
Sakako
Goon
Sakako
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:03 am

Post by Sakako »

Well, I don't really have any reads. That's probably cause I still suck at scumhunting, but my vote's staying on you until Neto provides some information anyway.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:13 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

I like Reckoner's vote.
Neto wrote: For the record, I was simply stating that I don't like it and won't participate in it, not that I was demanding its end. Quite honestly, I've found that when I do participate in the RVS, I screw it up somehow...So, I generally wait until I'm useful to contribute heavily, which is in the later part of D1 and the subsequent days.
I hate posts like this. We can't get to the later part of day 1 without getting out of the early part of day 1. Ignoring the early part of day 1 keeps us in the early part of day 1 longer. By waiting until you can be more effective, you're making yourself less effective.
Sakako wrote:Well, I don't really have any reads. That's probably cause I still suck at scumhunting, but my vote's staying on [Reckoner] until Neto provides some information anyway.
I don't get it.

@Neto
This post by you was probably the most content-heavy post of the game. You had no problem picking someone out as scummiest then. What's changed since then and now that you now find yourself incapable of forming opinions of people?
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:16 am

Post by Netopalis »

Both yourself and Bob answered my questions efficiently, and I have nothing else to go on. I'm also not stating that I think we should just drop what we're doing or anything, just that in games in which I am town and have participated in the early stage of D1, we've tended to do a lot worse than in games in which I am town and have not participated in the early stage of D1. I can provide a really extreme example of why this holds true, if you'd like.

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:17 am

Post by Netopalis »

Sorry, I said efficiently when I meant effectively. Bah.

DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:23 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Neto wrote:I don't particularly like Bob's vote on DRK. He put on a second vote without a lot of reasoning behind it. It's a light tell, but it is one nonetheless.
Neto wrote:It didn't look to me like he was serious, nor that the vote that he was talking about was serious. I figured it was just another excuse for a random vote, since most players like giving faux justification for their random votes. Honestly, though, I really hate the random votes thing. I think it's pointless and usually ends up lynching town.
You said you thought it was a random vote, yet you'd voted him for giving a bad reason with his vote. What exactly about his vote did you find scummy and why?
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:25 am

Post by Netopalis »

I didn't say it was a bad reason, I said that there was no reason. I don't like putting more than a single vote on a player without a reason. Truth be told, I hate putting any votes on anybody without a reason, but second votes are scummier than first votes.

DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:33 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

AB wrote:Anyways,Vote: DeathRowKitty for being obvscum trying to get a quicklynch.
Looks like a reason to me. Plus, you originally said "without a lot of reasoning behind it", which you've now changed to "no reason." I can has explanation please?

Also, you don't mind if I keep harassing you, right?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”