Masons

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:37 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

BabyJesus wrote:It's ok, I just plan on trying to get a certain backstabbing mason killed D1 for a while.. :P :P :P
:lol:

:P It's not my fault! Well...not all my fault...
Dragon Phoenix wrote:The gunsmith would find out that the mason GF had a gun. He did check him, and stated in the game thread that "apparently the masons have guns". Somehow the other masons did not pick up on this.
That's hilarious...

I enjoyed the game. I was a little unbalanced, I admit. But obviouslly I'm picking whichever side helps me, not helping whatever side needs it more. I could have just as easily handed the town the mafia on a platter, but obviously they'd get hella mad and think I was cheating (like the maf vs. Pooky and Tally in Simpsons...grrrr! :wink: )
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:15 am

Post by Cadmium »

Thok wrote:
rolandofthewhite wrote:I disagree on this. In one of my favorite games (Sangreal Mafia by Phoebus, methinks), It came down to 3 Masons (DP, someone else, and I) and BlueSin, who was the Sangreal. We knew there was only one more scum left, but we thought it out and even though DP was in our Mason group, all signs pointed to him and we lynched him, and he was the last scum who was hiding in our group.
I was the someone else. We also had the advantage of a theme that suggested a Mason scum as a likely possibility, and a semiuseful cop investigation (by a scum cop, but one who had no real reason to lie that much).
One of the scum groups were the Illuminati. Anyone who'd taken the time to read up a little on the theme would have found a connection with the Illuminati and the Freemasons. Because of this, at one point during designing, Phoebus and I almost removed the Illuminati member from the Freemasons in the hope the masons would go after their own :twisted:.
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:56 am

Post by BabyJesus »

Save The Dragons wrote:
BabyJesus wrote:It's ok, I just plan on trying to get a certain backstabbing mason killed D1 for a while.. :P :P :P
:lol:

:P It's not my fault! Well...not all my fault...
Dragon Phoenix wrote:The gunsmith would find out that the mason GF had a gun. He did check him, and stated in the game thread that "apparently the masons have guns". Somehow the other masons did not pick up on this.
That's hilarious...

I enjoyed the game. I was a little unbalanced, I admit. But obviouslly I'm picking whichever side helps me, not helping whatever side needs it more. I could have just as easily handed the town the mafia on a platter, but obviously they'd get hella mad and think I was cheating (like the maf vs. Pooky and Tally in Simpsons...grrrr! :wink: )
RIP STD
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:05 am

Post by rolandofthewhite »

Cadmium wrote:One of the scum groups were the Illuminati. Anyone who'd taken the time to read up a little on the theme would have found a connection with the Illuminati and the Freemasons. Because of this, at one point during designing, Phoebus and I almost removed the Illuminati member from the Freemasons in the hope the masons would go after their own.
I knew the Illuminati and Freemasons were connected, but I didn't know if they would be THAT closely connected.

I do admit it would have been funny if we had all turned on each other at the end because we thought too hard. :D
Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:50 am

Post by Axelrod »

On the issue of whether the Mod can "lie" to a player in the Role PM, I'd say he shouldn't. If the Mod says you "know" someone to be a member of the town (as per a normal mason group), then the player should be able to trust this.

On the other hand, if the Mod. just says you are "masons" or that you have the ability to comunicate with "X" at night, then I wouldn't assume townness.

Which brings up the point about whether it's a "lie" to tell the Cop in the Role PM that he will find out if someone is a mafia or not when you know there's a GF in the game who will come back as innocent. I think I wouldn't even want to deceive a player that much so I would probably tell my Cop that he will get an accurate guilty/innocent result barring the presence of a GF or some other role that affects abilities--whether or not such a role was actually in the game. I think DP does that which seems appropriate.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:38 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

I usually frame my cop results in "you" language: "You discover that Soandso is a...", "You come to believe that..." "You are sure that..." I never said they were, only that the player believes they are. Sort of like an Aes Sedai 'telling you the truth'...

That being said, I still think varying your language based on sanity/quirks of the game gives too much meta-information away, that players should have some in-game way of discovering. The Mod is God, after all, and *my* rules always say (barring a Newbie Game), "The Mod works in mysterious ways."
Retired as of October 2014.
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:02 am

Post by Cadmium »

One of the first things I learned playing mafia for the first time was "Don't trust the mod!" :).
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:27 am

Post by esme »

In one game I was told I was a mason with two other people without any winning condition.

I spent some time thinking on this and concluded that since my PM didn't say whether *I* was protown, protownness must follow from masonness in this game.
[size=75]Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur.[/size]

Return to “Mafia Discussion”