Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:41 pm

Post by Faraday »

AGar wrote:
I'm withholding my read on AM until a replacement is found. I'd like to see whoever that replacement is give their thoughts on AM as well.
Why did you do this? What's the point on an Angel predeccessor giving thoughts on his/her own playerslot? Seems like they could be doing far better things.
So your motivation was self-preservation. Cool. That's not scummy at all
Why did you type this sentence out. Are you really trying to frame an early miller claim as self-preservation when there's a lot of cases where the miller is policy lynched. (Maybe not immediately but usually somtimes before endgame) Also the fact that a cop claiming after recieving a guilty on a miller is far far more damaging than most other things.

Anyway stuff like that is sorta why I don't like Agar plus a general bad feeling about him.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:14 am

Post by RedCoyote »

cruelty 472 wrote:As far as I can tell that's the only reason..
Your general lack of interest in the game that's not surrounding my vote of you is worrisome. I don't assume OMGUS votes unless people can't separate my voting them from general scumhunting/offense.

I also go backwards in that if I wouldn't have voted you, would you be voting me? The answer is no, you wouldn't be. Hoopla asked you to vote me, and you were likely sore at me for picking on you (otherwise, why am I suddenly your number one suspect after you get back from V/LA?).

---
Faraday 473 wrote: I get the impression throughout it he hadn’t considerered Quagmire scum.
Do you mean I am scummy because I wasn't offended by his D1 technique or I'm scummy because I didn't say "well, there's a 1/11 chance he's scum, so why not"?
Faraday 473 wrote:Vague accusations at no one in particular are pointless, either name people or don’t say anything as far as I’m concerned.
It was directed at Cyberbob, as I stated not long after that post, but it was aimed toward the wagon in general. There was no substantial basis for the wagon, it was entirely political.
Faraday 473 wrote:Calling it a smokescreen is not true. The wagon is quite informative in many ways.
That's redundant though. By that definition, every wagon is "informative". I meant in the sense that it was a smokescreen from actual scumhunting. I wasn't just talking either because I made a strong push for a Flare lynch. I would've also been comfortable with other candidates. I wasn't just huffing and puffing; I had actual, rational lynch alternatives that weren't steeped in emotion.
Faraday 473 wrote:Completely ignoring any possibility that Quag is scum is not something town would do. You’re scum who knew this was a mislynch and tried to get as many town points by not being involved/defending it as you could.
What was the basis for calling him scum, Faraday? There was none. It was a shot in the dark. I felt very comfortable he wasn't scum, and I won't deny that. I felt it mainly because, I don't know, he hadn't done anything scummy?

How could he have? He didn't know his role. :P
Faraday 473 wrote:I think [cruelty is] playing quite openly and town like
In that case, go ahead and give me a D2 quote where he says who he suspects (other than me), maybe who he thinks is town? He threw out a token, "Mindgamer is a bad wagon", but that's because Mindgamer is the competing wagon to me.

I'll save everyone the trouble. Here is cruelty's D2 contributions to the game outside of my wagon.
Faraday 474 wrote:I also don't see how being upset as the wagon grew is something that's more likely to come from scum.
Some people go for it as an AtE scumtell.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:36 am

Post by Faraday »

I'm in a bit of a rush but this may be the only chance i get to post today ion this game.
RedCoyote wrote:
Do you mean I am scummy because I wasn't offended by his D1 technique or I'm scummy because I didn't say "well, there's a 1/11 chance he's scum, so why not"?
Neither really. I mean that it seemed like you knew he was town. Obviously the only people who would KNOW that is scum, yeah, you see where this is going.
It was directed at Cyberbob, as I stated not long after that post, but it was aimed toward the wagon in general. There was no substantial basis for the wagon, it was entirely political.
Sure, it was. But I don't see that as a bad thing. Policy lynches on lurkers are good, so policy lynches on someone who's not even playing the game? String 'em up. And even if you disagree with that you have to consider it's possible he was scum which you didn't seem to ever do.
That's redundant though. By that definition, every wagon is "informative". I meant in the sense that it was a smokescreen from actual scumhunting. I wasn't just talking either because I made a strong push for a Flare lynch. I would've also been comfortable with other candidates. I wasn't just huffing and puffing; I had actual, rational lynch alternatives that weren't steeped in emotion.

The alternatives (with the exception of the tracker) didn't seem all that great. I still don't see the case on Mindgamer as substantial. And of course every wagon is informative, but not every wagon gives the same amount of information so I'd disagree with saying it's redundant.

What was the basis for calling him scum, Faraday? There was none. It was a shot in the dark. I felt very comfortable he wasn't scum, and I won't deny that. I felt it mainly because, I don't know, he hadn't done anything scummy?
He couldn't have done anything scummy without reading his role pm. And even then, he most certainly had done scummy things. Sitting back and pretty much doing nothing for the whole day. He was passive. He only tried to 'scumhunt' when he came under fire. And even if he'd been a shining light of townieness there was no reason to believe he wasn't scum. Surely you'd have at least considered the chance of him being scum? But as I said, I didn't see that.

It kinda feels like I'm arguing pretty much the same point every time here, actually heh. But yeah, it's the key one really. I don't like back and forth quote walls and I do see where you're coming from, I just think it's coming from scum.

In that case, go ahead and give me a D2 quote where he says who he suspects (other than me), maybe who he thinks is town? He threw out a token, "Mindgamer is a bad wagon", but that's because Mindgamer is the competing wagon to me.
By openly I mean easy to read. I don't think his contribution has been sterling but I still get a town read on him.

Some people go for it as an AtE scumtell.
Yeah, but I'm of the opinion that scumtell is a load of bullshit. (No offense to anyone who uses it). I used to believe it was effective but in all honesty I think tow are more likely to become emotional than scum.

Could everyone on the Mindgamer wagon give their second suspect plz?
Also RC what do you think of Agar?
Agar what do you think of Angelmouse/Edfrost

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.
Game should be slightly more active so close to deadline, cmon.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:52 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Tracker [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2092441#2092441]436[/url] wrote: Red, here's the thing, I don't find any discrepancies in your post to build a solid case on. Just little things that don't equate to a vote. If you're not confident in your vote or case, why bother with one? That's one of my rules.
I can understand this because I used to be the same way, but this is actually a bad mindset to have. Your vote is more or less your most powerful tool in getting the game to go in the direction you want it to go; holding in your pocket for a sure read you can be confident in isn't a good plan of action in most cases.

I don't want to pick around and quote every little thing but some thoughts.

RC is totally right that cruelty is just focusing on him and him exclusively. I pointed this out back in 425 and cruelty has kept doing it.

I'm surprised at how little traction the idea of lynching Tracker is getting. The only reason I'm voting Mindgamer over tracker is because trackers claim seems fairly believable in this context. His posts are incredibly defensive and self-centered. I think the only players he's really given any sort of D2 thought on are mindgamer and flare.

Mindgamer finally came up with a single good content post at L-1 but I think that more than anything else contrasts with the fact that he hasn't really done anything else the whole game. If mindgamer knows what content looks like (as this post would seem to indicate) the fact that he apparently decided it wasn't worth his time to do so for the first day and a half speaks pretty strongly about where his loyalties lie.

Seriously, look at the lack of...well, anything, from both Tracker and mindgamer. This RC wagon is saying that you're (you being, people on the wagon) certain enough on RC being scum that you're willing to risk one of our biggest content/activity providers over those two, and I'm not seeing this certainty. Hoopla, you're willing to tunnel RC over what you admit is a gut twinge? cruelty, you're willing to call him scum when you apparently can't be asked to have an opinion on anyone else in the thread?

I don't know what to make of Faraday's scumlist. I don't possibly see how RC could be the strongest scum read and cruelty a town read upon an objective viewing of this thread. However, that's really delving into the area of 'anyone who disagrees with me MUST be scum' which is obviously untrue. Still, I can't shake the feeling that the 'case' on RC was written up AFTER faraday already chose to suspect him, and the best reason to suspect RC is to feed this new counter-wagon. If Mindgamer flips scum, good chance faraday is his scumbuddy.

To answer your question regarding my second scum suspect after mindgamer. I want to say 'Tracker', but I still have a little hesitance because of his claim (albeit a hesitance being chipped away with every defensive no content tiny post he puts out.) I think I'm finally ready to say that cruelty's ignoring of everyone else in the thread but RC is scummy, especially since I wrote a post calling him on it and,
in a fit of irony, he only quoted the part relating to RC. So let's say cruelty is my second suspect for now, with Tracker close behind.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:23 am

Post by EdFrost »

First off I wanna say that this is an account with a lot of experience behind it; some of which was with some of the players in this game.

Faraday, I conditionally agree with hito; as I don't agree with some of your reads on players (cruel and RC respectively). RC is an experienced player. One of the higher order "tactics" is .. sensing, so to speak, the feel of the town, which I fully believe RC was using during D1 in regards to the Quagmire wagon.

I got that when I read through the game as well that I'm relatively comfortable saying that the Quag wagon was put up through iffy reasons and that's more likely to come from scum. If I had to make a guess; I'd say that there's 2 scum on the wagon. I've played with Zwet, Killa7, EMPking and MafiaSSK; some of the worst lurkers/worst playstyles on the site. I can't recall a single time that any of them got policy lynched. To have him be the constant focus of the town (many of which were/are inexperienced, and therefore likely to follow a scum's lead) is highly suspect and I believe RC was right to question the motives and attack those that were pushing for the lynch to help determine who were the sheeple and who were the scum.

I see the case against RC to be a bunch of WIFOM. It's easily as likely that he's a town that would keep somebody that was committed to posting around for another day while hunting for something legitimately scummy rather than a playstyle. It seems to me that you're doing the same thing that RC did (WRT: Quag) without considering that he (RC) could have town motives behind what he did; Especially after he's had to deal with Mastin a couple times and his playstyle is much worse than not looking at a role-pm.

For a secondary suspect: both Hoopla and cruelty have caught my eye. AGar is an odd case as I go back and forth on him a fair amount; which is worrisome to me.

To everybody: I remember somebody saying that Vi helped balance/design the game. Is this true?
RAWR
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:29 am

Post by cruelty »

hito wrote:But seriously cruelty, as long as you ignore any player who's not voting for you I can't take you or your vote seriously
Oh I'm with you now. I have to find a suspect who doesn't return the sentiment, one of those unspoken rules, I guess.

my bad,
unvote

back to RC.
RC wrote:I felt very comfortable he wasn't scum, and I won't deny that. I felt it mainly because, I don't know, he hadn't done anything scummy?
Why? This is a logical failure. You even go on to say that (you believe) he didn't know his role, so there's no possible way that you could have had any legitimate read on him. Therefore, absolutely no reason for you
as town
to be comfortable he wasn't scum.

I should prob also note that you were on an earlier Quag bandwagon for a lack of contribution, so you had to have some sort of doubts about him at some point in the game (or were you buddying hito???)

Nachomamma8 dropped right off the radar recently. I see V/LA from today but there's been nothing coming from that corner recently.
hito wrote:Pushing a Tracker wagon would have done far, far more to derail the Quagmire wagon than just yelling 'no one can vote quagmire today, we have to give him lynch immunity while he trolls us!'
This was directed at Nacho, right? (btw sup RC??)
hito wrote:RC is totally right that cruelty is just focusing on him and him exclusively. I pointed this out back in 425 and cruelty has kept doing it.
It's true. I'm driving full tilt down an OMGUS tunnel with the lights off and Lynyrd Skynyrd blasting out Free Bird.

Faraday wrote:I still don't see the case on Mindgamer as substantial.
Neither.

signing off now.

..wait,
vote: RC
the nexus of the crisis
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:36 pm

Post by AGar »

Faraday wrote:Agar how many non newbie games have you played? Have you ever encountered a miller before?
On MS, this is one of two active Mini Normals I am in, and I completed one.

Offsite, I've played a few more games - that's where I've encountered millers. I thought I explained that they are different there.
Faraday wrote:
AGar wrote:
I'm withholding my read on AM until a replacement is found. I'd like to see whoever that replacement is give their thoughts on AM as well.
Why did you do this? What's the point on an Angel predeccessor giving thoughts on his/her own playerslot? Seems like they could be doing far better things.
It's something I've found to be useful in some cases, and usually requires very little time.
Faraday wrote:Agar what do you think of Angelmouse/Edfrost
I didn't have the best read on Angel. Now EdFrost has come in and seemed fairly protown so far. Not sure how to read it. Hydras are difficult.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:40 pm

Post by Hoopla »

EdFrost wrote:First off I wanna say that this is an account with a lot of experience behind it; some of which was with some of the players in this game.
Me? Image

~~
RedCoyote wrote:
Faraday 467 wrote:Can someone please summarise the case on Mindgamer?
He was very defensive D1, and as D2 began he was out for a quick lynch of the player who had claimed FBI Agent the day before.

When he was criticized for the vote, he immediately unvoted, and then got very upset as the wagon on him grew.
I'm starting to believe the Mindgamer wagon will result in a scum lynch less and less now, for some reason. The way it unfolded seemed far too simple - it was the easy go-to wagon, when it shouldn't have been that easy. I'm okay with easy wagons when there is a bulky, incriminating case, but I don't see it.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:30 am

Post by Faraday »

hitogoroshi wrote: I don't know what to make of Faraday's scumlist. I don't possibly see how RC could be the strongest scum read and cruelty a town read upon an objective viewing of this thread. However, that's really delving into the area of 'anyone who disagrees with me MUST be scum' which is obviously untrue. Still, I can't shake the feeling that the 'case' on RC was written up AFTER faraday already chose to suspect him, and the best reason to suspect RC is to feed this new counter-wagon. If Mindgamer flips scum, good chance faraday is his scumbuddy.
And I really don't see why you can't see it.

And well of course it's a counter wagon, but in this case it happens to be a counter wagon that I find more likely to hit scum.

First off I wanna say that this is an account with a lot of experience behind it; some of which was with some of the players in this game.
Okay?

Faraday, I conditionally agree with hito; as I don't agree with some of your reads on players (cruel and RC respectively). RC is an experienced player. One of the higher order "tactics" is .. sensing, so to speak, the feel of the town, which I fully believe RC was using during D1 in regards to the Quagmire wagon.
Wait..what? He sense quag was town, is this what you're saying? Obviously if that's what you're saying then you're wrong, if not please re-phrase, I'm a bit hungover.

I now deem myself experienced and 'sense' RC to be scum.
To have him be the constant focus of the town (many of which were/are inexperienced, and therefore likely to follow a scum's lead) is highly suspect and I believe RC was right to question the motives and attack those that were pushing for the lynch to help determine who were the sheeple and who were the scum
Dat The Tracker wagon never happened? Sure he was a focus a lot of the day but to say no one else was examined was, well false.

It's something I've found to be useful in some cases, and usually requires very little time.
Ok. Seems totally pointless and an unreasonable request to me, but if you've used it before it's fine. But if you've done it before that's fine at least.

RC what do you think of the cruelty wagon? Maybe you've said it before, but pretty please re-state it for me :)
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:45 am

Post by RedCoyote »

cruelty 480 wrote:I should prob also note that you were on an earlier Quag bandwagon for a lack of contribution, so you had to have some sort of doubts about him at some point in the game (or were you buddying hito???)
No, because poking the lurker is a good early strategy. I was very clear that my vote was intended to pressure Quagmire, so I'm thinking you're just trying to score more points with this statement.
cruelty 480 wrote:(btw sup RC??)
I answered this when Hoopla asked it. In short, there was no reason for me to get on a wagon when I saw a better one, especially after The Tracker claimed.
cruelty 480 wrote:It's true. I'm driving full tilt down an OMGUS tunnel with the lights off and Lynyrd Skynyrd blasting out Free Bird.
I guess you're being sarcastic here, but it is true.

---
Hoopla 482 wrote:I'm starting to believe the Mindgamer wagon will result in a scum lynch less and less now, for some reason.
And? This isn't anything new.

In other words, "If you are voting Mindgamer, switch to RC".

---
Faraday 483 wrote:RC what do you think of the cruelty wagon? Maybe you've said it before, but pretty please re-state it for me :)
Well, I started it, and I support it strongly.

Post 334 is what started it. His
inability
refusal to look at other parts of this game since then has got my heels dug in pretty well. Even if he is town, now I'm worried that anyone who suspects him (town or scum) in the future will have cruelty coming down on them without contemplation.

---

I really feel like we're at a crossroads here. I don't know how it could be more blantant than cruelty's post 480. Not only does he not decide to take a step back from his tunnel, he makes a joke about his refusal to give the game an objective look. He makes a throwaway comment about Nacho's disappearance (although he is right, to be fair), but the unvote/vote thing is just rubbing it in, not only my face, but the collective town's faces.

I don't know, if Hoopla and Faraday see cruelty as playing pro-town in this post, then this town is going to really suffer. I very much doubt that all three of these players are scum, although I would highly suspect there is one, possibly two, scum in that group (Hoopla, cruelty, Faraday).

Whoever is town though, I don't know how to say it without coming across as arrogant or, you know, patronizing. You're not looking at this game the right way. hito summed it up about as good as anyone could,
hito 478 wrote:I don't know what to make of Faraday's scumlist. I don't possibly see how RC could be the strongest scum read and cruelty a town read upon an objective viewing of this thread. However, that's really delving into the area of 'anyone who disagrees with me MUST be scum' which is obviously untrue.
I honestly and truly agree with this. What worries me is that there is a serious rift in this town, one that I don't know how we will overcome, regardless of who the lynch is. AGar, The Tracker, Nacho, and Mindgamer sitting this discussion out is telling though, so I definitely know one or two of them are delibrately trying to stay out of the battlefield that the rest of the game is in.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:12 am

Post by Faraday »

Sorry I meant to ask you your thoughts on the Mindgamer wagon, not cruelty.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:24 am

Post by Faraday »

RedCoyote wrote: I really feel like we're at a crossroads here. I don't know how it could be more blantant than cruelty's post 480. Not only does he not decide to take a step back from his tunnel, he makes a joke about his refusal to give the game an objective look. He makes a throwaway comment about Nacho's disappearance (although he is right, to be fair), but the unvote/vote thing is just rubbing it in, not only my face, but the collective town's faces.
Lol, the funny thing here is that I think the unvote/revote thing is while not neccessary definitely not indicative of a scum alignment and probably a town tell. I recall doing something similar as town in the first Pick your Power game actually.
I don't know, if Hoopla and Faraday see cruelty as playing pro-town in this post, then this town is going to really suffer.
I'd tend to disagree.
Whoever is town though, I don't know how to say it without coming across as arrogant or, you know, patronizing. You're not looking at this game the right way. hito summed it up about as good as anyone could,
Don't worry about appearing arrogant, I won't take it personally. I do believe you're wrong (obv!!) and are scum though.
Angelmouse/Edfrost would be my second choice. Haven't seen anything from the replacement to make me change my mind about Angelmouse and I think they're scum too.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:15 am

Post by Mindgamer »

EdFrost wrote:I was interested in Hoopla's responding as I side more with RC in their debate. That's important as well as my own questioning. What's your point?

Finally, to the question: Quag DIDN'T turn scum, he turned town. That's the point. He was a townie and his playstyle made it easy for anybody on the wagon to be "justified" in their vote. However, Hoopla is criticizing somebody off the wagon who was rather strong in his stance that Quag was not the correct lynch for the day. Therefore your point about "everyone who did nothing to stop the Quag lynch" is pointless as well.

Fail attempt at trying to tie yourself to me. Unless the rest of you talkative *cough cough* people have anything else to say, can we just lynch him now?
My point is that you first tell people to not pay full attention to me, and then one post later you go pushing for a lynch. A full 180 without any reason. What changed your thoughts? It certainly wasn't 'other things to consider'. Your personal interest in a post and a question are not a reason why the town should stop looking at me.

Hoopa is critisizing RedCoyote and therefore my statement 'everyone who did nothing to stop the lynch is equally guilty'is false. Please elaborate on this.

Vote: EdFrost

Oh, and before anyone jumps off their seat again: This is just a normal L-5 vote. I'm not trying to quicklynch EdFrost. :roll:

Faraday looks town to me. He posts good content, good questions and a reasonable case just after he comes in. He's acting really protown and my bandwagon is less in the center of attention (which is good, because I am TOWN).

However, I do not really agree on the RedCoyote bandwagon. I must also admit that I have not read it really carefully though. I have a headache now but it will be gone this evening (I hope) so I will give my full opinion on the wagon later today.
hitogoroshi wrote:Mindgamer finally came up with a single good content post at L-1 but I think that more than anything else contrasts with the fact that he hasn't really done anything else the whole game. If mindgamer knows what content looks like (as this post would seem to indicate) the fact that he apparently decided it wasn't worth his time to do so for the first day and a half speaks pretty strongly about where his loyalties lie.
I explained earlier that I overestimated my amount of time and that I was having trouble keeping up with two games at the same time. Maybe you took a look at my other game (Newbie 881) and noticed I was posting much better content there than I was posting here. You probably thought I was a scumhunting townie there and and scum trying to stay under the radar here. It's actually the other way around. In N881 I needed to post well as I was the only scum left. Here, I could let my fellow townies do the hard work. Not completely fair of course, but as I explained: I overestimated my amount of time and I apologize for that. Now that N881 has finished I have the time to post regularly here.

Still, I'm at L-1. So I will once again post my opinions on the current situation.

Town: Faraday.
Neutral: AGar, Cruelty, Hitogoroshi, Hoopla, Nachomamma8, RedCoyote.
Scum: EdFrost, The Tracker.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:12 am

Post by AGar »

Re: My absence

I don't believe I told this game, but I apologize for it. I got caught up in some stuff in real life that I ended up devoting most of my time to.

I feel like Mindgamer is trying to reverse-meta himself out of a lynch in that last post like "Look! Look! I was scum in the other game, and I posted a whole ton there, and now here I don't post a lot, so I'm not scum!"

The caution with the "Hai gais, L-5 lolz" shit (I almost typed that this -_-) doesn't sit well with me either.

I'm comfortable with my vote there.

I'm not a fan of the RC wagon. I still get neutral vibes from him. Not blatant scummy. I'd move if the wagon meant avoiding a no-lynch, but not for much else right now.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:44 am

Post by Mindgamer »

AGar wrote:I feel like Mindgamer is trying to reverse-meta himself out of a lynch in that last post like "Look! Look! I was scum in the other game, and I posted a whole ton there, and now here I don't post a lot, so I'm not scum!"
Have you read my post or did you only skim it? It's nothing like that. I assume you have only skimmed it, so I will summarize the essence for you:
I didn't have enough time to post content in two games at the same time. I decided to give Newbie 881 more attention than Mini 909. Now that N881 has ended, I can give M909 my full focus.

Going to read the RedCoyote case now.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:00 pm

Post by Faraday »

Post 487 convinced me even more of Mindgamer's townieness.

He doesn't jump on the next biggest wagon, which indicates self preservation isn't his biggest ideal, but scum hunting his. if he was scum i'd have expected him to push on to rc there.

I've no problems switching to Edfrost but it honestly doesn't seem like a viable wagon (and I've no idea why actually).

The only problem i have is the amount of neutral reads. Can you flesh those out a bit more? I don't buy you don't have some read on at least some of them.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:03 pm

Post by Mindgamer »

I still don't see the big thing which would make RedCoyote scum. The cases are collections of little scumtells as far as I can see. What exactly is the convincing argument for a RedCoyote vote?

Maybe it's just because I have barely read the first 15 pages and am missing the big picture. I will do a reread of the game tomorrow.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:19 pm

Post by Mindgamer »

Faraday wrote:The only problem i have is the amount of neutral reads. Can you flesh those out a bit more? I don't buy you don't have some read on at least some of them.
I don't really have the time to answer this right now, but I will give you a short answer since L-1 means every minute can be my last.

AGar: Difficult, but at the moment I'm leaning more towards scum. I find the arguments in his last post to be really weak, it's almost seems like he is desperate to give a final push to 'finish the job'.

Cruelty: His posts are short and don't have much content (unlike mine 8-)), but his latest post makes me think of him as somehwat more town. His irony is allmost troll-like, and I don't think a scum would behave like that. WIFOM perhaps, but I don't care.

Hitogoroshi: Very critical, good content. He seems to be constantly on the search for scum.

Hoopla: Completely neutral at the moment. I will take a closer look on the reread.

Nachomamma8: Also neutral. He disappeared before I became active so I don't know much about him. More after reread.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:17 pm

Post by cruelty »

RedCoyote wrote:
cruelty 480 wrote:It's true. I'm driving full tilt down an OMGUS tunnel with the lights off and Lynyrd Skynyrd blasting out Free Bird.
Sarcasm mixed with acknowledgment.
the nexus of the crisis
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:34 pm

Post by Cruciare »

Deadline is in about 2 days and 2 hours. If there is no majority at deadline, no-one will be lynched. I may extend this deadline if I fail to find a replacement for Nachomamma8 in time.

Vote Count

Mindgamer (5)
hitogoroshi, AGar, Nachomamma8, The Tracker, EdFrost
RedCoyote (3)
Hoopla, Faraday, cruelty
cruelty (1)
RedCoyote
EdFrost (1)
Mindgamer

Not Voting (0)

With ten alive, it takes six to stone to death.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:37 pm

Post by Hoopla »

I knew this would happen, the town is forced into another situation where too many people have to compromise, and we have to scramble. If I don't get any sign of interest from other players soon towards an RC lynch, I will swap to Mindgamer to prevent a no-lynch. But I urge everyone to consider RC as a possibility please!
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:27 pm

Post by Cruciare »

horrordude0215 replaces Nachomamma8 as soon as he posts. Deadline is in about 1 day and 23 hours.

EDIT: I just remembered to prod The Tracker. The deadline may extend if he fails to show up as I look for his replacement. I'd prefer not to have someone MIA during night.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:18 am

Post by Faraday »

Ugh this is really frustrating that no one seems open to an RC lynch. Hito and edfrost find it almost impossible that I could find him scummy, it's just surreal.

Hoopla/cruelty thoughts on edfrost?
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:01 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

Confirming right now, will go back and read through the thread and will post thoughts later
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:05 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

cruelty 493 wrote:
RedCoyote wrote:
Sarcasm mixed with acknowledgment.
Oh my goodness this is so scummy. This is saying 'well gee, I'm doing this anti-town thing, but if I point out I'm doing it it becomes harder to use it in a case on me.' Townies try to FIX the anti-town things they are doing; not just try to make them less capable arguing points.

Faraday, that's what I'm getting it - how in the world can you find THAT townie? I can see that maybe people see RC scummy, while I don't, but what I don't like is the 'cases' on him. It's like people KNOW he's very townie, and they're trying to do their best to pull up some kind of craplogic because others are doing it. I've got this feeling that RC wouldn't have been your strongest scum-read without cruelty's tunnel-vote or Hoopla lord-knows-what vote on him.

It's honestly to the point I'm probably happier with a cruelty lynch than a mindgamer lynch. Unfortunately, that's not an option barring a quick exodus of votes to crueltyville - I am not letting an RC lynch happen, so we have to keep this Mindgamer wagon viable. That being said, Mindgamer, I am liking the content coming out of your slot with your last couple of posts. It's probably too late for you, but on the chance you're townie, if you could just do a little more of what you're doing you'll be able to give us a lot to go on D3 (contrast with Quagmire). If you're a townie, I hope you can understand why I had to push your wagon and I hope next time we play together you open with this kind of content.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”