Masons

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Masons

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:04 am

Post by BabyJesus »

FYI - Mason members that side with scum as neutrals, when the other mason is fully pro-town is a BAD idea.
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #2 (isolation #1) » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:19 am

Post by BabyJesus »

PBuG wrote:Hey, I read Weather Mafia, and I thought that the Cloudy role was a pretty interesting role that I would consider using.
:roll:

OUT
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #8 (isolation #2) » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:42 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

Mr_Gnome_It_All wrote:Well, when
you
make the game, you can do things how you want. Otherwise people can make the roles however they want and it's not your place to argue with them.
??

Code: Select all

[i]Mafia Discussion[/i]
This forum is for discussion related to the game (theory, role ideas, game ideas, etc.).

I thought this was a good forum to discuss roles that I thought didn't work out so well....
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #12 (isolation #3) » Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:09 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

mith wrote:BJ - It's an overused mechanic, and when it's done, it's not usually done that well. In Weather, you're definitely right, 4 scum together in a 12 person game (that's essentially what it was, as Cloudy's best plan was to get the scum to a win ASAP) is unbalanced.

It doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad role in *all* games. Mods just need to be a lot more careful with it. In DP's Mafia 24 on the GL he had at least one mechanic that could point to the Godfather Mason being scum (unfortunately, the town missed it).

MGIA - BJ and Blackberry are perfectly within their rights to complain all they want. If no one ever complained about setups, moderators would never get better. Moderating is not a license to do whatever you like with no consideration for the enjoyment of the players. Moderators should definitely be very careful using roles like this.

Seol - It is very reasonable to take "you and these other two are masons" as "damn good proof" that they are in fact innocent; that's kinda the entire point of the mason role. I certainly can't fault BJ for trusting "Cloudy" in a game like that. Intrigue, we knew it was a possibility. Ditto with the Milan game mentioned above. This was kinda out of nowhere, and the setup was definitely skewed in favor of the Mafia.
For the record, I enjoyed the game, and thought Crola did an excellent mod job....I'm just making a point that "particular" role which apparently has been used before isn;t that great....

I had never seen it before, every game I've been a mason, we were always gg's together...

It's ok, I just plan on trying to get a certain backstabbing mason killed D1 for a while.. :P :P :P
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #27 (isolation #4) » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:56 am

Post by BabyJesus »

Save The Dragons wrote:
BabyJesus wrote:It's ok, I just plan on trying to get a certain backstabbing mason killed D1 for a while.. :P :P :P
:lol:

:P It's not my fault! Well...not all my fault...
Dragon Phoenix wrote:The gunsmith would find out that the mason GF had a gun. He did check him, and stated in the game thread that "apparently the masons have guns". Somehow the other masons did not pick up on this.
That's hilarious...

I enjoyed the game. I was a little unbalanced, I admit. But obviouslly I'm picking whichever side helps me, not helping whatever side needs it more. I could have just as easily handed the town the mafia on a platter, but obviously they'd get hella mad and think I was cheating (like the maf vs. Pooky and Tally in Simpsons...grrrr! :wink: )
RIP STD

Return to “Mafia Discussion”