Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:20 pm

Post by nhammen »

Vote Count
don_johnson (3): Adel, julienvonwolfe, Debonair Danny DiPietro

Debonair Danny DiPietro (2): don_johnson, muh316

Lynch count reached

There are only 5 people left here. Everyone notices the tension among this small group. Everyone reveals all of the information that they have, so that they can determine the best course of action. Someone has to be killed today, but who? Eventually, the people fall into two camps, those that want to kill Debonair and those that want to kill don. And the group that wishes to see don dead wins out. He tries to avoid this, but to no avail. The group attacks him and forces him down, where you slowly strangle him.
After his body stops twitching, you examine it to see if you made the right choice. Among his possessions, you find many knives, and even a machete. This guy had a lot of weapons. Many more than the one weapon he had claimed. It seems that the right choice had been made. You killed a villain. And after discussing among each other, you realize that none of you are bad people. All of the threats have been defeated! You are finally free!

don_johnson {NK-immune Serial Killer}
has been lynched

You are a
NK-immune Serial Killer
. The game thread is located here. Confirm by PM.

Active Abilities
  • Kill
Passive Abilities
  • NK-immune
  • {Cop} Investigation Modifier {Guilty}
Groups
  • None
Faction
  • Serial Killer
You win when all players remaining are members of your faction, or nothing can prevent the same. Note: You are the only member of your faction. Thus, you win when you are the only player remaining.
The game is now over! The town wins!
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:44 pm

Post by nhammen »

Setup Reveal

12 players - Day Start:

1x Mafia Goon (Mafia)
1x Mafia Roleblocker (Mafia)
1x NK-immune Serial Killer (Serial Killer)
2x Macho Doctors (Town)
1x Motion Detector (Town)
6x Vanilla Townie (Town)
You are a
Mafia Goon

Active Abilities
  • None
Passive Abilities
  • None
Groups
MafiaMembers
  • Josh Lyman
  • CallMeLiam
    Sweep
Active Abilities
  • Kill
    • Final Chance
Passive Abilities
  • Confirm {$Group}
  • Night Talk

Faction
  • Mafia
You win when all players remaining are members of your faction, or nothing can prevent the same.
You are a
Mafia Roleblocker

Active Abilities
  • Roleblock
Passive Abilities
  • None
Groups
MafiaMembers
  • Josh Lyman
  • CallMeLiam
    Sweep
Active Abilities
  • Kill
    • Final Chance
Passive Abilities
  • Confirm {$Group}
  • Night Talk

Faction
  • Mafia
You win when all players remaining are members of your faction, or nothing can prevent the same.
You are a
NK-immune Serial Killer

Active Abilities
  • Kill
Passive Abilities
  • NK-immune
Groups
  • None
Faction
  • Serial Killer
You win when all players remaining are members of your faction, or nothing can prevent the same. Note: You are the only member of your faction. Thus, you win when you are the only player remaining.
You are a
Macho Doctor

Active Abilities
  • Protect
Passive Abilities
  • Macho
Groups
  • None
Faction
  • Town
You are a
Motion Detector

Active Abilities
  • {Motion} Investigate
    • {Motion Detected}: If $Target targeted a player with an ability
    • {No Motion}: If $Target did not target a player with an ability
    • {No Result}: If the ability failed
Passive Abilities
  • None
Groups
  • None
Faction
  • Town
You are a
Vanilla Townie

Active Abilities
  • None
Passive Abilities
  • None
Groups
  • None
Faction
  • Town
[mrow]Player[col]Role[col]Night1[col]Night 2[col]Night 3 Adel
Scott Brosius
appham05
[col]Vanilla Townie[col]-[col]-[col]- Albert B. Rampage
el simo
[col]Vanilla Townie[col]-[col]- CallMeLiam
Sweep
[col]Mafia Roleblocker[col]Block: DDD Kill: Wulfy[col]Block: muh316 Kill: PaltryExcuse[col]Block: muh316 Kill: semioldguy Chinaman[col]Vanilla Townie[col]- Debonair Danny DiPietro[col]Vanilla Townie[col]-[col]-[col]- don_johnson
eleven knives in a throat
[col]NK-immune Serial Killer[col]No Action[col]No Action[col]Kill: CallMeLiam Josh Lyman[col]Mafia Goon julienvonwolfe[col]Motion Detector[col]Investigate: Torqez[col]Investigate: don_johnson[col]Investigate: Adel muh316[col]Macho Doctor[col]Protect: don_johnson[col]Protect: Adel[col]Protect: CallMeLiam PaltryExcuse[col]Vanilla Townie[col]-[col]- semioldguy
Torqez
[col]Vanilla Townie[col]-[col]-[col]- Wulfy[col]Macho Doctor[col]Nothing Sent

Comments on the setup:

This setup originated from me reading a Mafia Discussion thread in which someone said that a game with two doctors could not be balanced. I decided that I wanted to try it myself, because I had this neat idea. And it fit perfectly well with TDC's modular role style, which I wanted to try out using. I made a few changes to the modular abilities to make them fit with my idea better. But some of those changes were a mistake. For instance, I thought that adding redundancy with the investigative roles (the effects made clear to both the investigator and the scum) would make the game clearer to everyone. Unfortunately, adding redundancy also increased the chance for me to make an error. I added in the gunsmith possibility after creating the role PMs. Unfortunately, I realized that the lack of the gunsmith modifier in the sample PMs might key people into the fact that there was no gunsmith in the game. I should have left it there, but I didn't. Apologies.
I decided to go with a 2 scum and 1 SK setup, because with the 2 docs, I wanted more killing, and 3 scum 1 SK or 2/2 could be at LYLO on day 2, which I did not want. The last addition was the Motion Detector. One of the reviewers stated that this setup was too similar to 10-2 mountainous, and suggested that I add an investigative role. I did not want an investigative role that was too powerful with 2 docs around, so I added the weakest investigative role I could.

Comments on the play:

The first 2 days were a pain to watch. Activity was absolutely crap. The scumteam losing a member day 1 kinda screwed them badly, but Liam recovered well. And that lack of activity did help him. I think don_johnson's SK No kill strategy was interesting, if suboptimal. Night 3 was hilarious. First I saw the SK kill come in, and thought goodbye Liam. Then I saw muh protect him and I thought that was pretty funny. Then Liam chose his roleblock. I laughed my ass off. Too bad Liam. God job town on the final lynch. I am glad you chose this for his play and not for the whole gunsmith modifier thing. I would have hated to see him lose for a mod error on my part.
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:17 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

This game was fun for me, since I was onto the scum at least (well, the scum and DDD). I wasn't onto D_J's case at all, but Adel fixed that. It was great playing with all of you, and neat to try out this role, which I haven't played before.

Thanks for modding, nhammen - well, apart from the whole "with an ability" thing. :)

I have to say, I'm intrigued by this setup. I'm not sure that I would be overjoyed as scum finding out that I had only two people in my team - and I would've hated to be in Liam's shoes Day One, bussing Josh - but I can see why you went this way.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:27 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Comments on my own play: I sucked. I have no idea why Liam killed me. I thought I sucked.

Prominent others:
CallMeLiam - When you flipped scum after Night 3 I was shocked. I never would have pegged you for scum. Kudos. Really the one question is: Why kill me? In my opinion, I sucked this game.

Adel - You brought life into a pretty laborious game. Plus, you cornered the SK. I have to say I was very impressed.

ABR - What the?

julienvonwolfe - I approve whole-heartedly of your night actions. I felt you cleared Adel, and made it a DDD vs. don_johnson situation.

don_johnson - Well done. Until your flub on day 4 with admitting the Liam kill and the reasons for it. Did you think Liam was scum or was that a surprise to you as well?

nhammen - Thanks for modding despite the arduous first couple days.

Either way, post my death was very interesting to read and keep track of. Especially day 4.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:52 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

In retrospect, if I attracted the scumkill away from the power roles, I'd guess I did half of my job.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:51 am

Post by don_johnson »

i figured a two player scum team. i killed liam because i thought he might be cop. it was my fear of him which drove my bloodlust, and if i had thought before i claimed i might have been able to come off more believable. good pick up by Adel. my only hope was to pass it off as a "semantics" argument. not sure what i was expecting from my gambit, but i love playing sk because you really have nothing to lose. the odds of winning are slim, so you can play around. i figured an early claim would not only draw out scum, but perhaps buy town cred to actually avoid an investigation. i didn't want to lynch Josh even thought i knew right away he was scum. but when jvw picked it up i felt i had to back up my "gambit". anyhow, good game town.

well modded and balanced. some people complain about two player scum teams, but i have never minded. you play with the hand your dealt. glad i didn't piss you off with my gambiting.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:30 am

Post by muh316 »

Sorry guys about my suckish play. I guess this will be my last game at Mafiascum for about 2 months.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:52 pm

Post by Adel »

good game. I feel a little let down by the setup: I really didn't have to try as hard as I did in order to win. All of you were so scummy in my eyes I was pretty convinced that at least two of the last five living players were scum.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:30 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Hey don't look at me, I Hate 2-player scumteams with a capital H.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:55 am

Post by Adel »

why did you quit ABR?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:30 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Yeah, my play wasn't fantastic but basically any time I wasn't pushing for Torquez to die on D1 the game would slow down and stall so as terrible as my arguments mostly were I just kept pushing them for the sake of activity.

I could be mistaken, but I think Adel picked up on that on the last day and rightly figured it was a straight pro-town move.

I think my theory regarding DJ was right (that you've got to lynch the claimed killer in that scenario to prevent a possible Mexican Standoff and to possibly the win game as it did here), but I wasn't getting anywhere with my arguments and frankly I trusted Don to put his foot in his mouth enough that it was the smarter play to just shut up and let Don get himself killed.
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:54 pm

Post by nhammen »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Hey don't look at me, I Hate 2-player scumteams with a capital H.
Yeah, after I started the game, I read an MD thread in which someone said there should not be two scumgroups in a Mini. If there's an SK, a 2 player scumteam screws the scum and a 3 player scumteam screws the town. To fix it, a 3 player scumteam and an SK, both of which have limited kills, could be used. There are a few options available. But of course, all of this is MD stuff. And my next game will be a Large Normal, so I'm not really going to think about any of this yet.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:21 pm

Adel wrote:why did you quit ABR?
Because I was asked to quit.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:34 am

Post by muh316 »

Who asked u to quit
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:08 am

liam and julien
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:33 am

Post by semioldguy »

I replaced in for the player list (which included Albert). But then I didn't even get a chance to post anything before dying. Forgot to add to my watched threads and then when I realized I'd forgotten it was night again, so I caught up, but then saw that I died :(

I still followed along though. Good job town!
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:29 am

Post by don_johnson »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote: I think my theory regarding DJ was right (that you've got to lynch the claimed killer in that scenario to prevent a possible Mexican Standoff and to possibly the win game as it did here), but I wasn't getting anywhere with my arguments and frankly I trusted Don to put his foot in his mouth enough that it was the smarter play to just shut up and let Don get himself killed.
a) if you read 829 you will see how your theory can backfire. granted i agree with you in most cases, i have come to believe that lynches should always be based on "evidence"(except of course on day1).

b) i made only one critical error here. if not for adel's persistence i may have actually pulled out a win, so the "foot in mouth" comment i find quite offensive. had there been another mafioso, you made yourself ripe for the lylo mislynch by dissappearing until the hammer. sk is quite possibly the most difficult win condition in all of mafia. but whatever.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:12 pm

Post by CallMeLiam »

semioldguy wrote:I replaced in for the player list (which included Albert). But then I didn't even get a chance to post anything before dying. Forgot to add to my watched threads and then when I realized I'd forgotten it was night again, so I caught up, but then saw that I died :(

I still followed along though. Good job town!
As scum, I'm usually pretty wary of new players coming in and seeing the game as a whole. It screwed me in the past so I tried not to let it screw me here.

Good game overall, I was enjoying myself right up until I died.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:11 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”