Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:41 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Yes, I realize that was the hammer vote. No, I don't regret it.

Peanut, in 443 you mention the odds were that raider was town. And yet, you were entirely convinced before that post that raider had a high probability of being scum. If you had so much doubt about pushing raider to a lynch, then why did you seem so convinced he was scum? Also, did you think it was a badly timed hammer?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Gerhard Krause
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:28 pm

Post by Gerhard Krause »

I have been role blocked two nights in a row, and they have been revealed to have a rolecop, so they clearly know that I am the cop. Therefore it is no longer useful to conceal my role from the town. Obviously there is an SK, since having two vigs would be stupid. the town would have more kills than the scum would.

N1 I investigated kiku, no result, and N2 I investigated macavitylock, no result. At least we know where their roleblock is going.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:04 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Thats what I was thinking too GK (about there being a SK). And I'd really like to hear from xvart's replacement. He became more and more of a lurker. In reality, so has GC. Xvart hasn't posted in almost two weeks.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:24 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

I agree about SK, but that makes so little sense, given the fact that there was only 1 N1 kill.

Gerhard, 3 questions. First, did the mod confirm in saying that you were roleblocked, or did you just receive "No result"s and infer from there? Second, is it possible that kiku Jailkept you on both N1 and N2, as opposed to getting roleblocked some other way i.e. scum? Last, does your role have a name, and if so, what is it?
Gerhard Krause
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:40 pm

Post by Gerhard Krause »

1) I got "no results" and went from there.

2) It is possible that Kiku jailkept me, but I find it highly doubtful. The presence of a rolecop near guarantees it was the scum in my mind.

3) I am Peter Syme, the head of Klein and Utterson. Flavor is I have access to the company databases and I can check up on people.
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:02 am

Post by Pulindar »

Slaxx wrote:Thats what I was thinking too GK (about there being a SK). And I'd really like to hear from xvart's replacement. He became more and more of a lurker. In reality, so has GC. Xvart hasn't posted in almost two weeks.
Hey I'm at work right now, and I need to post in my other game as well. I'm still only on page 13 (sorry) but should be caught up soon. I have nothing to add as of yet.

A theory in place of the SK theory is that there could be someone that kills anyone who targets them. It's just a thought. I don't have that much experience, but I figure there should be some type of role like that. correct me if that is not a possibility. I'm just trying to think of stuff.
"If I had to label someone as dangerous, it'd be Pulindar. I have a feeling his scum game is very similar to his town game.... What I think is dangerous about Pulindar is that his scumreads feel so liquid. He can post a wall of questions and decide he doesn't like your answer to one of them and justify a vote on you." ~ Prawneater
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:05 am

Post by Budja »

Votecount1 - Nachomamma8: (peanutman)

Not Voting: Green Crayons, Pulindar, Nachomamma8, Gerhard Krause, MacavityLock, Slaxx

With
alive it will take
to lynch.

Prodding Green Crayons.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:08 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Didn't see that the day had started. Reading through the thread now.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:33 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Based purely off of Ecto/Wolf's actions, I'm leaning towards Macavity, peanut or Pulindar being the scum partner(s). I'm leaning towards Nacho and Slaxx being not-scum (though not necessarily not anti-town since people seem to be warming to the idea of a SK).

On that note, I'm finding the assumptions going along with night action/role speculation to be weirdly self-convinced of their truthfulness.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:54 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Gerhard Krause wrote:1) I got "no results" and went from there.
Are you 100% sure that "No result" is not the
expected
result from an innocent investigation?
Gerhard Krause wrote:2) It is possible that Kiku jailkept me, but I find it highly doubtful. The presence of a rolecop near guarantees it was the scum in my mind.
When do you receive your cop result, over the night or at the beginning of the following day?
Pulindar wrote:A theory in place of the SK theory is that there could be someone that kills anyone who targets them. It's just a thought. I don't have that much experience, but I figure there should be some type of role like that. correct me if that is not a possibility. I'm just trying to think of stuff.
I think this is called a Paranoid Gun Owner. I don't think I've ever been in a game with one, though a townie fakeclaimed as one in a game I was in. I guess this is plausible.
Green Crayons wrote:On that note, I'm finding the assumptions going along with night action/role speculation to be weirdly self-convinced of their truthfulness.
I agree, especially in Gerhard's case. Do you have any opinion on the 2 kills last night?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:35 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

GK, why did you investigate who you did?

And Slaxx, xvart's been replaced already; Pulindar is his replacement.

Not really much for me to comment on until peanut gets back...
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Gerhard Krause
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:56 am

Post by Gerhard Krause »

Macavitylock wrote:Are you 100% sure that "No result" is not the expected result from an innocent investigation?
Yes. I asked the mod.
Macavitylock wrote:When do you receive your cop result, over the night or at the beginning of the following day?
I don't know. I would assume at night though. Both times the day had already started and my PM was waiting for me.
Macavitylock wrote:GK, why did you investigate who you did?
I investigated Kiku because she was my D1 suspect, and I investigated Macavitylock for my own sense of vindication, and because I didn't have a better option in mind.
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:57 am

Post by Pulindar »

With both the Jailor and at least a role blocker gone you should be able to investigate tomorrow. If you survive the night.

(no I'm not saying I believe his claim yet)
"If I had to label someone as dangerous, it'd be Pulindar. I have a feeling his scum game is very similar to his town game.... What I think is dangerous about Pulindar is that his scumreads feel so liquid. He can post a wall of questions and decide he doesn't like your answer to one of them and justify a vote on you." ~ Prawneater
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:52 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Pulindar wrote:With both the Jailor and at least a role blocker gone you should be able to investigate tomorrow. If you survive the night.

(no I'm not saying I believe his claim yet)
Thats all you have to add after reading pages of text? Please tell me more. I want to know your suspicions on some people. I'm still leaning towards xvart SK (if there is one) or possible scum. He just lurked like crazy. Green Canyons lack of posting worries me too, but his posts have been way more contributional (that a word?) and have made pretty solid claims.

As far as scum suspicions, another one is peanutman. He voted Nacho right away, seeming to go more in the direction of the 'easy lynch' rather than take time to talk. Its not like peanutman hammered, but now he's kind of on 'the safe vote', even if it is the only one. However, comparing these two, I feel more would be gained for the town if we put some pressure on Pulindar.

Going on this,
vote pulindar
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:12 pm

Post by Pulindar »

Slaxx wrote: Thats all you have to add after reading pages of text? Please tell me more. I want to know your suspicions on some people. I'm still leaning towards xvart SK (if there is one) or possible scum. He just lurked like crazy.
First off as I stated before I'm still trying to get a full read on the situation. I just replaced into a decently long game and am trying to get a solid read. I've read through it blind once (not looking at roles) and am now looking again with some focus on the roles of those who have died.

Second off your entire case against Xvart is because he "Lurked like crazy," Really? Did you stop to think for even half a second that it wasn't lurking, but pure inactivity. Lurking would mean that he was still paying attention and trying to stay out of the limelight. Active lurking would be more like posting a bit just to keep lurking suspicions down without going too strongly after anyone so no attention would be drawn.
Budja wrote:xvart has not picked up his prod and will be replaced.
Xvart didn't lurk, he quit. You can't be watching the game and trying to stay out of attention if you aren't playing the game. He stopped playing which is the only reason you think he was lurking. Basically your entire case against me is that my predecessor quit.

There are a couple better points you can bring up (everyone has some points against them) but my predecessor quitting is not the best reason.

As for my opinions, They're still formulating. While they formulate though I will be trying to add onto other ideas being brought up. Which, is what I've done in both of my previous posts. This is after all only my third post. The only thing worse than no arguement, is an arguement with no reason. I have suspicions but no proof what so ever. From another game I'm in I'm learning that proof is much more worthy of attention than simple suspicions.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:41 am

Post by Slaxx »

Yes, but lack of posting creates doubt. We don't know whether xvart just gave up or actually lurked. Thats why its my
suspicion
. However, take your timereading and formulating, any extra help is appreciated.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:15 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Macavity wrote:Do you have any opinion on the 2 kills last night?
Nothing more than what's been suggested. Any of them are possibilities, I'm just not convinced on any one scenario. The fact that SK is the most popular idea may in and of itself indicate a SK amongst us. This isn't due to majority rule but because the player would that role would be prone to making assumptions and agreeing with assumptions that involve a SK in the setup. I leaning towards this way of thought because I don't see why people are convinced that there's a SK lurking about rather than someone has a "paranoid townie" trait or that maybe there was a backup vig?

I don't know a think about the show (I thought this theme was based off of the book /fail), but is there an appropriately corresponding character form the show to fit any of those roles?
Slaxx wrote:Green Canyons lack of posting worries me too, but his posts have been way more contributional (that a word?) and have made pretty solid claims.
It's Green
Crayons
. I'm waiting for peanut's response.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:14 pm

Post by Budja »

Votecount1 - Nachomamma8: (peanutman)
1 - Pulindar: (Slaxx)

Not Voting: Green Crayons, Pulindar, Nachomamma8, Gerhard Krause, MacavityLock

With
alive it will take
to lynch.

Deadline: 10pm, 10th February AEST

Deadline added (Sorry I keep forgetting to add this at day start). Extendable as always.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:58 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

While I'm waiting on peanutman...

GK, if you got a guilty on Maccavitylock, what would you do the following day?
Green Crayons wrote: I don't see why people are convinced that there's a SK lurking about rather than someone has a "paranoid townie" trait or that maybe there was a backup vig?
Personally, it's because SKs are simply more common. Never played with a Paranoid Gun Owner, and never played with a backup vig. I definitely have played with quite a few SKs, though.

@Slaxx: Your predecessor also was replaced for the same reason. Do you think Slaxx was lurking or giving up?

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:26 pm

Post by Slaxx »

@nachomamma8: If you look at the dates on posting, xvart lurked to more of an extent near the end of his reign than did 5cvm, but I do see where you're coming from. I don't know what he was doing, honestly. It seems to me he just came here to screw around with people, cause trouble, and leave. I'm still unaware of why he would make a weak claim about you.

@Green Crayons. Sorry.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:40 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Gerhard Krause wrote:
Macavitylock wrote:When do you receive your cop result, over the night or at the beginning of the following day?
I don't know. I would assume at night though. Both times the day had already started and my PM was waiting for me.
Mind checking timestamps?
Gerhard Krause, with corrected attribution wrote:
Nacho wrote:GK, why did you investigate who you did?
I investigated Kiku because she was my D1 suspect, and I investigated Macavitylock for my own sense of vindication, and because I didn't have a better option in mind.
Any reason you didn't investigate kiku again, given that you had voted for her again, and was I assume one of your top suspects?

Also, please don't attribute things to me that I didn't write.
Pulindar wrote:With both the Jailor and at least a role blocker gone you should be able to investigate tomorrow. If you survive the night.
What roleblocker is gone, other than kiku-Jailkeeper?
Pulindar wrote:I have suspicions but no proof what so ever. From another game I'm in I'm learning that proof is much more worthy of attention than simple suspicions.
What proof are you expecting today?

Slaxx, do you have any case on xvart/Pulindar
other
than his lurking?
peanutman
peanutman
Goon
peanutman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by peanutman »

Back, and catching up today. Regarding the 2 Night kills, the fact that there was only one on the first night really makes me doubt that there's a SK. Add to that the fact that we had a vigilante, it seems to me there's no one else there wouldn't be a third non-mafia role that would direct NKs. Therefore, an indirect one seems more plausible to me.
@MacavityLock, could you elaborate on the Paranoid Gun Owner role, because it seems more plausible to me than anything else?
Nacho wrote:Peanut, in 443 you mention the odds were that raider was town. And yet, you were entirely convinced before that post that raider had a high probability of being scum. If you had so much doubt about pushing raider to a lynch, then why did you seem so convinced he was scum? Also, did you think it was a badly timed hammer?
You are definitely playing with words on this question to make me look bad. I never said that Raider had a "high probability" of being scum. Sure, he was my main suspect, but my comment at 443 was that, regardless of who's lynched, the odds are that the town is wrong. In all my games, the town has lynched town over scum in the early days the vast majority of the time. For you to say that I spoke of the probability of raider being scum earlier on is misleading. I still don't like how you were inactive for a little while before popping in with a hammer vote, in effect, not having to contribute much more to the day because you ended it. And that is why my vote is on you.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:49 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

peanutman wrote: Regarding the 2 Night kills, the fact that there was only one on the first night really makes me doubt that there's a SK.
Why? It is possible that the SK wasn't compulsive, and decided not to kill the first night; in fact, there's a damn good chance of it.
peanutman wrote: You are definitely playing with words on this question to make me look bad. I never said that Raider had a "high probability" of being scum. Sure, he was my main suspect, but my comment at 443 was that, regardless of who's lynched, the odds are that the town is wrong.
Alright, you had raider as suspect #1. Thus, you thought there was a good chance of him being scum, no? And as for your "odds are the town is wrong" deal, that's always a granted. But you vote to lynch, and I'm pretty sure this town isn't stupid enough to bring someone up to L-1 when they don't want to lynch him. Who would've been a better lynch at that point, in your opinion?
peanutman wrote: For you to say that I spoke of the probability of raider being scum earlier on is misleading.
Twilight Day 1 certainly gave ME that impression.
peanutman wrote: I still don't like how you were inactive for a little while before popping in with a hammer vote, in effect, not having to contribute much more to the day because you ended it.
I was fairly active in the beginning of the day. I didn't think that the day was going anywhere particularly interesting. Raider vigged Hucker, someone who was pretty protown at the time. So I hammered. Why waste time on what would've been meaningless discussion when the town's mind, as well as my own, was made up?

MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:23 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

peanutman wrote:@MacavityLock, could you elaborate on the Paranoid Gun Owner role, because it seems more plausible to me than anything else?
Having seen it claimed in a game I was in (as I said, falsely), I read up on the PGO on the wiki. That's really all I can give you.
peanutman
peanutman
Goon
peanutman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:52 pm

Post by peanutman »

Thanks Macavity. I asked you for a reason, and after reading up on the wiki, I feel I should claim that I am a PGO. I am claiming because I feel I am a liability to the town. Flavor, I am Mrs Utterson, the owner or Klein and Utterson, and because I can't control my temper, I kill all who target me during the night.

I suppose I am the cause of wolframnhart's death. I even breadcrumbed this on my last post before the night. If you look at the first letter of each sentence (in the 2 first paragraphs), it says : K-I-L-L A-L-L. Wolf must've tried to get information on my role. I choose now to share this because if I don't , a doctor, a cop or any other townie who directs their ability towards me dies. And since my role has already seemed to take down one of the scum, I feel it's safer for me to be out in the open and prevent killing a PR during the night because they focused on me.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”