don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:38 pm

Post by don_johnson »

flaw in your plan which lets you win as scum is muh protecting adel. adel could be mafia ninja. muh needs to protect jvw. jvw watches me.

you should be lynched. you are the least confirmed vanilla.

adel: are you trying to be annoying? i don't link. i think i may have tried it once or twice, but its not how i roll.

vote: ddd

good call. but its not irrational. lynching me hurts our chances of winning. read internal struggle for reference. there is zero evidence of sk.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:44 pm

Post by Adel »

don_johnson wrote:. there is zero evidence of sk.
why didn't you claim your kill when you claimed bulletproof?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:57 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

don_johnson wrote:flaw in your plan which lets you win as scum is muh protecting adel. adel could be mafia ninja. muh needs to protect jvw. jvw watches me.

you should be lynched. you are the least confirmed vanilla.

adel: are you trying to be annoying? i don't link. i think i may have tried it once or twice, but its not how i roll.

vote: ddd

good call. but its not irrational. lynching me hurts our chances of winning. read internal struggle for reference. there is zero evidence of sk.
Under my plan if I was scum, I still have to kill either muh or JVW and can't touch confirmed town Adel. Which sends us to LYLO with me pointing a finger at the other person with confirmed town Adel deciding things for us. This is the exact same scenario that muh-scum and JVW-scum would face. It is not an auto-win for anyone.

Adel can't be a mafia ninja because there is no modifier for that effect listed among the modular roles.

There are three players who are unconfirmed as town/mafia and you who is unconfirmed as town/SK. The fact that I'm vanilla is irrelevant as you are according to you, merely bulletproof and JVW's alleged ability is basically useless now because of the confirmation of Adel. The only people we can't afford to lynch are Adel (town) and muh (to protect Adel).
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:05 pm

Post by don_johnson »

no. you are trying to get rid of town's only investigative role. thats what makes you the final scum.

adel: my vig kill was irrelevant at the time. the claim was a gambit. i got the idea when i played a game as a serial killer on the MDV forums. i was against a large town and a two man scum team. in what was effectively lylo i claimed sk and drew out the two scum. unfortunately, town wasn't smart enough to bargain and lynched me to lose(several first time players). it occurred to me that i could lay low, but i do tend to get myself in some sticky situations, and rather than claim at L-1 that i was bulletproof i decided to claim outright and in the process hopefully out scum. which i did.

muh and jvw: if you are both town then you should realize what ddd is trying to set up here. he is trying to remove town's only investigative role. the probability of jvw being scum is extremely low given the claims and flips. ddd knows that he is the key to our success and is riding adel's paranoia to set up an extremely winnable endgame for scum.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:07 pm

Don, please tell me how JVW's investigative role would actually help this town at this point.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:08 pm

Post by don_johnson »

also, an investigative modifier could apply to "motion detector". protecting adel is foolish. you are scum.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:09 pm

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Don, please tell me how JVW's investigative role would actually help this town at this point.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by Adel »

DJ: who is scum?
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by don_johnson »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Don, please tell me how JVW's investigative role would actually help this town at this point.
he can watch the guy who still has a bulletproof vest to confirm that he is town. he can watch the doc to make sure the doc is protecting him and not murdering someone else.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:10 pm

Post by don_johnson »

Adel wrote:DJ: who is scum?
ddd.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:12 pm

Post by Adel »

don_johnson wrote:he can watch the doc to make sure the doc is protecting him and not murdering someone else.
ummm.
{Motion Detected}: If $Target targeted a player with an ability
means that targeting muh would only tell jvw if muh used an ability or not.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:13 pm

Post by Adel »

don_johnson wrote: protecting adel is foolish.
why?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:14 pm

Post by Adel »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
please answer this don.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:17 pm

don_johnson wrote:
he can watch the guy who still has a bulletproof vest to confirm that he is town. he can watch the doc to make sure the doc is protecting him and not murdering someone else.
No, he can confirm that the guy with the bulletproof vest isn't targeting anyone that night. The possibility that you are a bulletproof SK who held fire still exists and as a bulletproof SK making a 1/1/1 LYLO basically means you win, which doesn't look good for how you're pushing so hard here.

And he cannot make sure the doc is doing anything, he can only target the doc and make sure the doc is targeting someone. The motion detector knows nothing about alignment, ability or target, just that player1 is targeting someone else with an ability.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:19 pm

Post by don_johnson »

maybe i am misunderstanding the role. rereading sample pm:

so, if jvw's target does not target a power role, then the result is "no motion"?

if that's the case, then adel is so far from confirmed that its not even funny.

semioldguy was killed, right? he was vanilla, right? so if adel killed him and jvw watched, this would return a result of "no motion", right?

so ddd saying that adel is "confirmed" is tremendously untrue, right?

so the guy trying to rid the town of a "useless" town power role to save a "confirmed" townie for lylo is claiming "vanilla". rrriiigghhht...

vote stays. what are your thoughts on that adel?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:23 pm

Post by don_johnson »

No, he can confirm that the guy with the bulletproof vest isn't targeting anyone that night. The possibility that you are a bulletproof SK who held fire still exists and as a bulletproof SK making a 1/1/1 LYLO basically means you win, which doesn't look good for how you're pushing so hard here.
and so we're not going to address the possibility of investigation modifiers? interesting focus.
ddd wrote:And he cannot make sure the doc is doing anything, he can only target the doc and make sure the doc is targeting someone. The motion detector knows nothing about alignment, ability or target, just that player1 is targeting someone else with an ability.
he can make sure the doc is doing what he's supposed to do and not murdering anyone. but this is not what you state the motion detector does. please clarify this.

either jvw has a role similar to "tracker" or not. if he can only see power roles, then it makes perfect sense for the guy who claimed vanilla to want him dead.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:33 pm

don_johnson wrote:maybe i am misunderstanding the role. rereading sample pm:

so, if jvw's target does not target a power role, then the result is "no motion"?

if that's the case, then adel is so far from confirmed that its not even funny.

semioldguy was killed, right? he was vanilla, right? so if adel killed him and jvw watched, this would return a result of "no motion", right?

so ddd saying that adel is "confirmed" is tremendously untrue, right?

so the guy trying to rid the town of a "useless" town power role to save a "confirmed" townie for lylo is claiming "vanilla". rrriiigghhht...

vote stays. what are your thoughts on that adel?
God damn, you're dumber than a box of hammers, Don. This was just covered. I explained why this is the wrong interpretation in 565 and the mod confirmed it 568.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:34 pm

Post by Adel »

what I had time to look up tonight:

859: 3 mafia (gang leader, gang banger (DJ), gang member), cop mason, jailkeeper mason, 7 vanilla -- acording to http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12433
850 3 werewolf (vanilla) 2 vigs (DJ), 1 doctor, 7 townies -- according to http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 82#1909982
845 3 ---
DDD, please tell us about this game.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12257
829: 3 mafia (watcher, goon, ninja), vig, two shot doctor(DJ), tracker, roleblocker, 5 townie -- according to http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9460
819:
802:
3 mafia
(2 goon, 1 rolecop),
1 sk
( arsonist bus driver, kills by fire and is a busdriver), cop, firefighter (protects against fire), doctor, JOAT, 4 townie (DJ) -- according to http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 82#1780482
745:
3 mafia
(2 goon and DJ was a mafia roleblocker see their quuicktopic at http://www.quicktopic.com/42/H/QZBwYqQsCuvZk ),
1 sk
, cop, doc, 6 townies -- according to http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... c&&start=0
737[
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:37 pm

don_johnson wrote:
and so we're not going to address the possibility of investigation modifiers? interesting focus.
So your theory is that we just had a mass claim and that optimal strategy is to assume that a pro-town player lied about their claim giving incomplete information. I revise my previous statement from box of hammers to bag of rocks. Or are you still assuming that Adel is a "mafia ninja" when that modifier doesn't exist in this game, per the semi-open setup. I revise bag of rocks to gallon of milk.
don_johnson wrote:
ddd wrote:And he cannot make sure the doc is doing anything, he can only target the doc and make sure the doc is targeting someone. The motion detector knows nothing about alignment, ability or target, just that player1 is targeting someone else with an ability.
he can make sure the doc is doing what he's supposed to do and not murdering anyone. but this is not what you state the motion detector does. please clarify this.

either jvw has a role similar to "tracker" or not. if he can only see power roles, then it makes perfect sense for the guy who claimed vanilla to want him dead.
He does not have a role similar to a tracker, JVW's alleged role shows ONLY if players1 uses ability x to target player2, it does not tell JVW what the ability was, it does not tell him who he targeted it only says "Yes - player 1 targets someone with something" or "No - player 1 did not target anyone".
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:44 pm

Post by Adel »

don,

1. why didn't you claim your kill when you claim bullet proof?
2. why did you kill Liam instead of me right after you breadcrumbed killing me if ABR was town?
don_johnson in 487 wrote:Adel is scummy regardless of the flip. ABR wants out, a replacement is more work for the mod regardless of alignment. grant the wish. if he's scum, great, if he's not then Adel is 100%.
source: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 28#2069728
3. If you thought that Liam was guilty why didn't you ever vote for him?
4. why did you forget to claim that you have an Investigation Modifier?
5. If you thought liam was scummy, why didn't you ever voice suspicions of him in this thread?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:49 pm

Adel wrote:845 3 ---

The setup was actually two scum and a cult mentor and then cult mentee.

We actually had a scenario vaguely like this in terms of concept. We were in a four person MYLO with Don with Don having a cop innocent on him. However, there was still a slim possibility that Don was a mafia godfather so we still no lynched over Don's strenous objections because it's bad policy to attempt to outguess the mod, Don was NKed and we (the town) won the game. Here we sit with the possibility that Don is a bulletproof SK and even though it might actually be likelier that he is a vig, it doesn't make sense to outguess the mod as to whether or not Don is a vig or SK, we should eliminate the possibility that he's an SK that can auto-win in LYLO by lynching him, simplify the game and get a confirmed townie (as far as I can tell) to LYLO.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:55 pm

Post by Adel »

We actually had a scenario vaguely like this in terms of concept. We were in a four person MYLO with Don with Don having a cop innocent on him. However, there was still a slim possibility that Don was a mafia godfather so we still no lynched over Don's strenous objections because it's bad policy to attempt to outguess the mod, Don was NKed and we (the town) won the game. Here we sit with the possibility that Don is a bulletproof SK and even though it might actually be likelier that he is a vig, it doesn't make sense to outguess the mod as to whether or not Don is a vig or SK, we should eliminate the possibility that he's an SK that can auto-win in LYLO by lynching him, simplify the game and get a confirmed townie (as far as I can tell) to LYLO.
why don't you think that he might be mafia?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:57 pm

Post by Adel »

DDD and DJ, why do you think that ABR replaced out so quickly in mini 845 (which both of you were in) compared to how long he took to replace out of this game?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:21 pm

Adel wrote:

why don't you think that he might be mafia?
Because it seems pretty ludicrous for mafia to claim a kill like that, given that a vig counter-claim basically guarantees them a loss. And even if there is no counterclaim they still have to deal with suspicion of being an SK. It basically makes no sense for scum to go down that road even for a gallon of milk like Don.
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:17 pm

Post by nhammen »

In any future games, I will definitely have to change the way that role reads...

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”