The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:16 am

Post by The Tracker »

Nothing for it, I guess all that we can do is go back and look over the thread again. But we have to do it quickly, the deadline is fast approaching.
In the grand scheme of things, wins and losses are pointless. But I'm not the grand scheme, so die scum!

Yes, I have a wiki page. No, I'm not linking you to it.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:48 am

Post by EmpTyger »

Per Rule 1,
request extension
until at least after all 7 playerslots have players in them.
angelmouse
angelmouse
Goon
angelmouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:34 am

Post by angelmouse »

EmpTyger wrote:Per Rule 1,
request extension
until at least after all 7 playerslots have players in them.
seconded
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:53 am

Post by DeathNote »

The deadline will not be next monday as originally planned due to the replacements. As soon as replacements are found, then the deadline will be set again.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:40 am

Post by DeathNote »

evilsnail replaces Memorable Raindrops. Thank you evilsnail!!!
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
evilsnail
evilsnail
Goon
evilsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:17 am

Post by evilsnail »

Right. Reading the thread now.
angelmouse
angelmouse
Goon
angelmouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:28 am

Post by angelmouse »

Thank you and welcome to the mad house!!
evilsnail
evilsnail
Goon
evilsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:30 am

Post by evilsnail »

WTF??? I am not a cop. I have no idea what the hell MR was thinking, but I'm not a cop.
evilsnail
evilsnail
Goon
evilsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:33 am

Post by evilsnail »

The doc's outed? Geez, we're in poor shape here.
evilsnail
evilsnail
Goon
evilsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:35 am

Post by evilsnail »

Okay, I really have no idea what MR was trying to pull there, but that claim is complete BS. Maybe he was trying to save his skin or something, but that's no excuse for what really is just atrocious play.

And what's up with the town getting two claims off relatively weak wagons? Surely we can do better than this.
evilsnail
evilsnail
Goon
evilsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:38 am

Post by evilsnail »

Okay, I'm going to write up some of my notes and see if we can't steer this game into a better direction.
evilsnail
evilsnail
Goon
evilsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:18 am

Post by evilsnail »

Page 1

- budja lurker vote on MR seems a bit easy.
- Jackabomb attacks The Tracker for LAL, but withholds vote. Seems strange so early in the game.

Page 2

- angelmouse is super non-committal in her first post. Could be scum not knowing what to do.
- EmpTyger: "talk me into an MR lynch" -> kinda early for that, a bit odd.
- I agree with budja's vote here on angelmouse.
- don't like angelmouse's response, kinda all over the place
- I agree with Jackabomb's response to MR's random vote, which felt off.
- EmpTyger-Tracker discussion doesn't seem fruitful.

Page 3

- EmpTyger seems to make rather a lot out of a fairly innocent post by Tracker
- Post 55 by Tracker is off: "you would think that I suspect EMP, but I'm getting more a zealous Townie feel" It's page 3, I would expect more doubt from a pro-town player
- Wow, MR's play is terrible. He's basically not contributing anything.
- Emp is really too quick to jump on this, I feel. He seems way too sure of his vote (he says something like: "I don't see myself voting for anyone but Cat or MR today". Also, how can he be so sure of a potential Cat vote? She basically has not contributed up until this point.

Page 4

- Emp accusing Cat of deliberate lurking seems a little paranoid.
- Not a fan of the Cat wagon. It seems a little easy, and it's only based on lurking, really.
- I like angelmouse's attitude about lynching lurkers here. Seems pretty pro-town.

Page 5

- Jackabomb seems to want Cat and MR dead just because he's sick of them. Not sure whether this is really scummy, or too obvious.
- I don't like The Tracker's vote for MR here. It's pretty opportunistic.
- budja points out the same thing.
- I don't like Jackabomb pushing for a claim. I mean, it's page 5 and MR has barely contributed anything. Seems pretty hasty.
- And then we have the claim, which is bizarre. One moment he says he doesn't want to claim and then like two posts down he does the most anti-town possible, basically, and fakes a PR claim. WTH was MR thinking??

Page 6

- budja and EmpTyger respond the way you should to the claim. I don't like The Tracker and Jackabomb's responses at all. I mean, the claim was BS, but the best response to a claim is almost always caution. It's a scum move to try push through a lynch anyway.
- Geez, that angel wagon developed quickly. Jackabomb and The Tracker again strike me as opportunistic for jumping on this.
- Also don't like Jackabomb's response to the doc claim. The right response is caution. You can verify claims later.

Page 7

- The Tracker voting MR on page 7 is terrible. You never lynch a claimed cop on Day 1. It's bad play. If the claim is false, you'll find out later anyway. And then you have a free lynch.
- Aaaand MR asks for a replacement. WTF? Pulling that stunt and getting someone else to clean up the mess after you is really nasty. I'm actually pretty pissed off that he'd leave that for another player. That has got to be the messiest position you can leave someone else in. Honestly, it would have been better if he'd have self-hammered and put himself out of his misery. Christ.

I'll give you my opinions, for what it's worth. The Tracker and Jackabomb have been acting in tandem on the MR and angel's wagons and there's something quite opportunistic about their behaviour. I've a strong gut feeling one of them is scum and I think it's The Tracker. His behaviour has been the most opportunistic and he almost pushed for lynches on two claimed players.

So:
Unvote
just in case.
And:
Vote: The Tracker

I believe the doc claim, in the absence of a counterclaim.
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:02 am

Post by The Tracker »

Here's the thing: you know why me and Jack thought the claim was BS which you admitted it was. Yes, I was trying to push the lynch through of a claimed 'cop' but the way he was playing just reeked of a false claim. However, it's starting to unsettle me slightly that you readily admit it was a false claim. I'm fairly certain MR is scum, so maybe I'm a little biased since you got his role. Meh, as it is my vote stands unless I can find a more compelling case.
In the grand scheme of things, wins and losses are pointless. But I'm not the grand scheme, so die scum!

evilsnail
evilsnail
Goon
evilsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:19 am

Post by evilsnail »

I don't have a problem with your skepticism about the claim. Everything about that claim was weird. Two posts before, he says that he's not going to claim.

Also, if you look at it, he says "I'm going to get lynched anyway" and "Goodbye all." Like he
expects
to be counter-claimed. He's already made his mind up that this is his last post and then, when he doesn't get counter-claimed, he asks to be replaced! I mean, what the hell. He knew that he'd just screwed himself and the town over.

But, regardless, you just don't lynch right away on a claim like that. If it is false, you'll find out the next day. You gain nothing from lynching right away and you get certainty by waiting. So, that's why I felt like you could be scum who's hoping to take advantage of a power role's terrible play in order to get the town to ignore this logic.
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:35 am

Post by The Tracker »

Or perhaps I'm a Townie that believes MR was full of shit and just trying to get rid of scum. In any case, I really hate to be pushing to take you out of the game so soon but since you admitted the claim was false and MR was scummy as all Hell I'm going to be leaving my vote on you. The expectation of being counter claimed looked like a fishing expedition to me.

evilsnail
evilsnail
Goon
evilsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:49 am

Post by evilsnail »

Fine whatever, I guess. I'm not going to defend what MR did. Or even his play, which I agree was terrible.

What really set off my scumdar, though, was that the same happened to angel. I mean, you don't lynch a claimed doc.
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:55 am

Post by The Tracker »

I wasn't trying to lynch her, I just said I distrust her claim.

evilsnail
evilsnail
Goon
evilsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:00 pm

Post by evilsnail »

Hmm, apparently that was Jackabomb. For some reason, I remembered that as you. Because that was scummy as hell.

Unvote,
Vote: Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

To snail:
"I don't like..."
"I don't like..."
"I don't like..."
"I don't like..."
"...feels wrong to me..."
What's with the negative waves, Moriarity?

Get your facts straight. I was asking for doc cc's and such. I never said we should lynch either one, although I said I wouldn't be particularly adverse to it. Also, what makes you think I'm 'opportunistic'?
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

If this has even so much as piqued your interest or you'd like to talk, please send me a PM. Even if it's to disagree, insult me, or just to say you're sick of reading the verse, I'm glad to listen.
evilsnail
evilsnail
Goon
evilsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:26 pm

Post by evilsnail »

I'm a gut-based player, so that's how I express my thoughts. I can try to cover that up, but that's what it comes down to. Also, it's actually spelled "Moriarty," Sherlock. (see, I can be snarky too :P)

You were opportunistic in that you jumped on both of the major bandwagons that came up and pushed both of them hard. And then you were willing to lynch both claimed PRs! But, fair enough, you have a point in that you weren't directly pushing for the angel lynch.

@Tracker: If you really think I'm scum, what in the world do you think my strategy is here?
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:40 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

'Jumped on?"
I was the first to vote MR.

"willing to lynch both claimed PR's?"
I'm sorry, evidently you missed my unvotes on them immediately after they claimed.

Oh, and does your gut have to be so negative?
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

If this has even so much as piqued your interest or you'd like to talk, please send me a PM. Even if it's to disagree, insult me, or just to say you're sick of reading the verse, I'm glad to listen.
evilsnail
evilsnail
Goon
evilsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:51 pm

Post by evilsnail »

Fine, but you still pushed the MR vote. And you only unvoted after other people detailed why lynching him today was a bad idea. Also, you pushed him to claim, which was premature.

The negative stuff is just more pertinent. There were a few things I agreed with or liked. I have a good gut feeling about budja, for instance.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:57 pm

Post by Budja »

I do like your posting evil, and I agree with pretty much all you said (save your Jackabomb attack).
Still, that cop-claim withdrawal is scummy. MR is a newbie but I'd think he has more sense than that.
---
Still obv. waiting on cat but if angel is a no-go, an evil lynch wouldn't bother me.
evilsnail
evilsnail
Goon
evilsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:12 pm

Post by evilsnail »

Budja wrote:I do like your posting evil, and I agree with pretty much all you said (save your Jackabomb attack).
Still, that cop-claim withdrawal is scummy. MR is a newbie but I'd think he has more sense than that.
Fair enough, I'd probably think the same thing in your place. In retrospect, maybe I shouldn't have said anything and taken the NK. All I can say is, go look at the MR claim carefully and see for yourself that it's just an off claim.
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:09 pm

Post by The Tracker »

@evil: It seems to me like you're trying to backpedal and condemn the player to build yourself up as pro-Town. However, because of the backpedal you're looking scummier. Also, you have the same role PM as MR, so his role is your role. That also means evidence used against MR is going to be used against you in some way.

Return to “Completed Open Games”