Mini #893 - Dollhouse Mafia (Game Over!)

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1525 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:59 pm

Post by farside22 »

Eventually KOC or Lim may want to actually........idk read the thread
farside22 wrote:So just reading KOC in isolation he came in giving a big post on the game thus far and then nothing much else.
So I have some things that concerned me that KOC has ignored completely.
xRECKONERx wrote:
Farside, at first, didn't come off that scummy to me... but it seems the more she tries to defend herself, the more she digs her own grave. It's like I didn't see anything at first, but ek's attacks on her are actually showing her in a different light. It's nothing drastic, not yet at least, but she seems to be failing to defend herself properly.

= I don't agree with this. I think farside has defended herself adroitly. EK saying farside hasn't =/= farside not doing it. Elvis' whole "let's just agree you said what you said and I said what I said" shit feels like an attempt to excuse some misrep.
Before this post he imprints me but later states the following:

...I'm not going to get my SC lynch today am I? =/
-sigh- Very well. unvote; Vote No Lynch
imprint: Socrates I don't necessarily agree with his opinions on certain players, but he's coming across as a solid town read for me.
unimprint: farside22 Not as sure about you as VMD was.

How come no imprint votes from CTD/SC yet?
Both EK and myself have asked him why he posted the VMD was involved in the imprint when it was himself that did the imprint and it's an about face with no reasoning.

Finally with SC asking people to imprint me this is what he has to say
You and farside have been, to some lesser or greater degree, at loggerheads for much of this game while not necessarily calling each other outright scum. Suddenly she is a perfect third imprint, when I could have sworn we wanted two, and you're trying to hold off the nolynch until you get what you want. I don't buy it. Two imprints is enough for tonight.
Mind you most of his big post was calling EK scum with SC town so this post makes no sense at all.

KOC has been nonexistant to wishy washy with no reasoning so far. He has gone back a bit on what he said with his first post to this post and doesn't expand on anything or any reason so far.

IE: Koc looks scummy mostly for backtracking, non contribution and lurking.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:22 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

CTD wrote:Actually, I think I'd like to hear an up-to-date LoS from everyone.
I'm still waiting for this. Suspicions seem to have shifted lately, and I want to get current thoughts on record.
Limerickx wrote:1) I did a reread on KoC, and I really don't see where all the scumminess is coming from. Could someone point me to a few things?
My first big analysis is filled to the brim with scummy stuff from his predecessor. He hasn't done anything to alleviate any of my concerns. He has barely posted anything of value since his initial analysis (3 weeks ago). He has pretty much ignored the accusations brought against him until just now, and only after you have thrown him a bone. The fact that he points out the "If Starbuck is scum, so is VMD" argument is laughable, considering how absolutely insignificant it is. It couldn't be more clear he is scum if he straight up confessed.
Limerickx wrote:2) I think we SHOULD imprint, at least the same players as last night. If we assume that a scum player got a NK last night, if matters little if we imprint the same players again. The scum might get another ability, but since they can only use 1, reward outweighs risk in my mind. If we assume that the three players imprinted were town, then of COURSE you'd want to imprint again.

The only reason I can see to not imprint again is if you think there was a scum player imprinted, and said scum player didn't get a NK, and you think the risk of that happening is greater than the potential reward of any other info.
Several things about this:
1. We don't lose any "potential reward" at all by not imprinting. We can always imprint tomorrow.
2. We can make a more informed imprint choice tomorrow.
3. I don't think it's a good idea to blindly imprint people just because they got imprinted before.
4. I think there's a good chance that imprinting scum repeatedly is bad for us, irregardless of whether they have a kill or not.

Take all of the above, couple it with the fact that I'm not confident we imprinted 3 town players, and you have more than enough reason not to imprint today.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:22 pm

Post by farside22 »

Eventually KOC or Lim may want to actually........idk read the thread
farside22 wrote:So just reading KOC in isolation he came in giving a big post on the game thus far and then nothing much else.
xRECKONERx wrote:
Farside, at first, didn't come off that scummy to me... but it seems the more she tries to defend herself, the more she digs her own grave. It's like I didn't see anything at first, but ek's attacks on her are actually showing her in a different light. It's nothing drastic, not yet at least, but she seems to be failing to defend herself properly.

= I don't agree with this. I think farside has defended herself adroitly. EK saying farside hasn't =/= farside not doing it. Elvis' whole "let's just agree you said what you said and I said what I said" shit feels like an attempt to excuse some misrep.

imprint: Socrates I don't necessarily agree with his opinions on certain players, but he's coming across as a solid town read for me.

Both EK and myself have asked him why he posted the VMD was involved in the imprint when it was himself that did the imprint and it's an about face with no reasoning.

Finally with SC asking people to imprint me this is what he has to say
You and farside have been, to some lesser or greater degree, at loggerheads for much of this game while not necessarily calling each other outright scum. Suddenly she is a perfect third imprint, when I could have sworn we wanted two, and you're trying to hold off the nolynch until you get what you want. I don't buy it. Two imprints is enough for tonight.
Mind you most of his big post was calling EK scum with SC town so this post makes no sense at all.

KOC has been nonexistant to wishy washy with no reasoning so far. He has gone back a bit on what he said with his first post to this post and doesn't expand on anything or any reason so far.

Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:35 am

Post by elvis_knits »

My problem with not imprinting is that if we lynch KoC (which looks like a good idea), and buttonmen is scum, he still has his imprint from the previous night.

What I mean is, if we only imprinted town last night, not imprinting would be fine. But if we imprinted any scum last night, their powers will carry over, and town wont get any new imprints. So choosing not to imprint anyone, if scum has previously been imprinted, is just the same as only imprinting scum. Which sounds badbad.

LoS for CTD:

Scum:
KoC
Buttonmen
Pug

Neutral:
reck
CTD
limerick
socrates

Town:
SC
farside
elvis
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:06 am

Post by farside22 »

It's my concern too EK. I'm concerned with that if we mislynch and someone imprinted was scum they could night kill tonight.
Someone talked about imprinting everyone and risk and reward but it depends on if we lynch town. As yourself if you were scum and given an imprint that was an RB (this is just an example of a possible imprint) would you use it or kill someone?
I'm thinking even though I don't know anything about what the mod will give to players this isn't random things. I don't know for sure and I asked the mod if the scum knew in advance what imprint they would get.
He said no. But as a mod I asked myself what imprints would I give scum if imprinted. What would a mod give a scum group that has no kill ability?
I figured they would be given the ability to kill as their first imprint.
That is why when reck talks about vigging and then buttonman talked about it I felt this was an excuse to allow scum to kill. Now that limerick says he got a vig imprint I wonder if the mod if fucking with us.
In the end coincidences and mafia lead me to my vote and not just the vig comment but buttonman not answering questions. He isn't making sense about his reasoning as he never said he found me or limerick scummy.
I know I was asked to give a view on limerick but weekends are tough on me and I haven't found time to read him in iso just yet
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:11 am

Post by Limerickx »

farside22 wrote:Eventually KOC or Lim may want to actually........idk read the thread
Thats a little harsh, don't you think? I just read KoC in iso, and wanted to be pointed to some posts where his scumminess was outlined, I don't see the problem with that.
xRECKONERx wrote:

True, I remember this now, and agree with its scumminess.
Farside wrote:Finally with SC asking people to imprint me this is what he has to say
I'll have to disagree with this. I too was confused about the fact that you and SC seemed to be against each other, with a sudden about-face on SCs part. If I'm mistaken on that fact, feel free to correct me.
Farside wrote:KOC has been nonexistant to wishy washy with no reasoning so far. He has gone back a bit on what he said with his first post to this post and doesn't expand on anything or any reason so far.

I can get on board with that.
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:26 am

Post by Limerickx »

CrashTextDummie wrote:
CTD wrote:Actually, I think I'd like to hear an up-to-date LoS from everyone.
I'm still waiting for this. Suspicions seem to have shifted lately, and I want to get current thoughts on record.
Will compile later (J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS)
Also, I'll go back and read your first big analysis.

CTD wrote: Several things about this:
1. We don't lose any "potential reward" at all by not imprinting. We can always imprint tomorrow.
2. We can make a more informed imprint choice tomorrow.
3. I don't think it's a good idea to blindly imprint people just because they got imprinted before.
4. I think there's a good chance that imprinting scum repeatedly is bad for us, irregardless of whether they have a kill or not.

Take all of the above, couple it with the fact that I'm not confident we imprinted 3 town players, and you have more than enough reason not to imprint today.
1. Take two scenarios: a) Scum imprinted b) No scum imprinted
a) If scum got a NK, suppose we mislynch, and scum uses his NK. We're 5-3, and MYLO (unless I'm mistaken). If we imprint tonight, we can get evidence which would help us in that case.
b) If no scum imprinted, then whats the harm?
Like I said, the only possible downside is if there was a scum imprinted, and said scum did not get a NK.

2) And it can be even better informed if the imprints are better this time (Again, see points a) and b))

3) Its not blind. You keep the pool of possible scum (should a NK go off) at the same level. If a scum was imprinted last night, he has the power, thats it. By not imprinting, you leave the scum with that power, and prevent any possible town players from getting more info. Again, the only possible problem is if there was a scum imprinted and he wasn't given a NK. Its a risk/reward preposition (yes Farside, any risk/reward talk is most likely started by me lol) that I think is acceptable.

4) What powers do you think would be most harmful to us for scum to have other than NK? Keeping in mind they can only use one power per night.

Put it this way. Pretend a scum WAS imprinted, and given a NK. Would it be in their best interest for the same three players to be imprinted, or not? I think scum would prefer for nobody to be imprinted.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:31 am

Post by farside22 »

I'll have to disagree with this. I too was confused about the fact that you and SC seemed to be against each other, with a sudden about-face on SCs part. If I'm mistaken on that fact, feel free to correct me.
I know I have been going after SC this game but I don't know if he ever called me scum. I have had mixed views on SC from thinking scum to town. My big concern I have with SC was his push on SB over DN day 1.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:43 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Unimprint: everyone

We lynch, let night happen, then imprint tomorrow.
green shirt thursdays
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:03 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

Imprint: TheButtonmen, Limerick and the Hamsters powering the server

Even if I'm wrong about him being town he already would have a NK, Imprinting him seems risk free.

I'd love to hear something from KoC, something more substantive then that he agrees with Lim and Recks.

@SC; Pretty jealous of you, been wanting to jump out of a perfectly good plane for a while.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:39 pm

Post by Pug89 »

@xRECKONERx: You never explained why you thought I was scum, unless I missed it.
People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy. - Joss Whedon
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:56 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

Limerick, I've never particularly thought farside was scum. You can have a look through my iso but I think you'd be hardpressed to find me saying anywhere that she was likely to be scum.

The key thing that made me want to imprint her was the fact I didn't like the imprints at the time and especially their wagons and wanted someone completely fresh in there. If that couldn't be elvis or me, the most likely-town other option was farside. Also, the more spontaeneous things that happen the better it is to root out the nighttalking scum, I think.

Limerick or button, do you want to vig KoC tonight and we'll go after a different lynch? Seems like a waste to string him up.
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:01 pm

Re: skydiving - it was great! I have a vague fear of heights, so it was a bit challenging, but easier than I thought it'd be. You're so high up you don't see 'ground', like rocks and trees, you just see a pretty patchwork picture. And you don't have to jump at all, the guy in tandem with you makes the decision to go. So apart from that it's all easy, and quite peaceful. I guess it's a terribly rigorous active participation. :D
I'm old now.
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by Pug89 »

SC wrote: Limerick or button, do you want to vig KoC tonight and we'll go after a different lynch? Seems like a waste to string him up.
You don't know they will get a NK ability tonight, unless they're scum of course. Also who would you want to lynch instead?
People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy. - Joss Whedon
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:51 pm

Post by Limerickx »

SerialClergyman wrote:Limerick or button, do you want to vig KoC tonight and we'll go after a different lynch? Seems like a waste to string him up.
First, that would be dependent on someone getting a vig ability again (or a scum using their saved NK, though if KoC is scum then they'd never do it, they'd just pretend to not get a vig ability)
Second, I'd want to keep clear of ever having a townie use a NK ability. This way, if a NK goes off, we can know its a scum-kill,almost like a 'scum-alert.' 'Hey' it says, 'at one point, a scum got imprinted.'
Suppose we said 'ok lets decide to use a vig kill at night.' A scum could kill the target (Suppose KoC is town) and then say 'well, I got a vig, but we decided to do it!' We'd be left in the dark as to if a scum was imprinted, but they'd still be able to use a NK. I'd rather keep town lynches during the day, and leave NKs only in the hands of scum, so we can keep a record.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:56 pm

Yep, it was a weak but spirited attempt at a trap.
I'm old now.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:09 am

Post by iamausername »

-=Vote Count #42=-

Ohio (4) - Colorado, Georgia, Iowa, Alaska
Hawaii (2) - Virginia, Kansas
Iowa (1) - Florida

Not Voting (3) - Hawaii, Montana, Ohio

6 to lynch.

-=Imprint Count #42=-

Kansas (3) - Alaska, Virginia, Florida
Florida (2) - Florida, Hawaii
Hawaii (2) - Florida, Hawaii
Alaska (1) - Virginia
Virginia (1) - Virginia
Georgia (0)
Colorado (0)
Iowa (0)
Montana (0)
Ohio (0)

6 to imprint.

ALASKA = SerialClergyman
COLORADO = CrashTextDummie
FLORIDA = Limerickx
GEORGIA = Socrates
HAWAII = TheButtonmen
IOWA = xRECKONERx
KANSAS = farside22
MONTANA = Pug89
OHIO = Knight of Cydonia
VIRGINIA = elvis_knits
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:56 am

Post by farside22 »

I notice buttonman seems to care more about imprinting then finding scum and still chooses not to answer questions.
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:15 am

Post by Limerickx »

Farside, what is your opinion on my thought that an imprinted scum would WANT us to not imprint tonight, therefore, we SHOULD imprint.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:26 am

Post by farside22 »

Limerickx wrote:Farside, what is your opinion on my thought that an imprinted scum would WANT us to not imprint tonight, therefore, we SHOULD imprint.
What is your opinion of buttonman?

I see pro's and con's to the imprint. Imprint someone new and if a player that was imprinted before was scum welcome to WIFOM time.
If scum was imprinted and they get imprinted again they get a shiny new ability they can chose to use any night they wish.
Basically I'm not imprinting buttonman. I think imprinting someone new could lead to WIFOM if I don't trust one of the imprintee's and if we imprinted someone already imprinted I would imprint myself but my first priority is finding scum.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:01 pm

Post by farside22 »

So most of my points on limerick are based on his imprints because most of it I found interesting.
I will say his case on SC at the time was understandable but looking back I haven't seen much of any other case brought by limerick that I can point to.
limerick day 3 stated:
Note to Button, I agree that 2-3 imprints should run into the future, not just for one day. I think I prefer 2 to 3 at this point, but as long as the number is small, that is what is important.
however later:
Limerickx wrote:
Unvote Serial Clergyman

I'll leave my imprint votes on Buttonmen and Myself.

2 imprints please and thank you.
pushing more on him and buttonman
Agreed with less imprints. While I'd prefer to receive an imprint over Pug for obvious reasons, I agree that two is enough
No reason why he changed from 2-3 to 2 now.

note:
Limerickx wrote:Off the top of my head (posting from my phone at the moment) I was less suspicious of EK on day one then I am now, and more suspicious of Farside early than now. Im leaning town to Farside and neutral on EK. Id rather that neither get an imprint, if i had my choice.
His read before on me was thus:
Farside: I admit I couldn't read his uber-long post. My eyes started hurting. At this point, I think another reread will be required tomorrow. Lets leave it at null for now.
In fact, I'll wrap up my thoughts on the rest and expand on it tomrorow
later that same day said:
Farside: Fairly townish. Not comfortable enough to imprint
Also what happened between yesterday agreement
Limerickx wrote:I'm fairly sure you know what I meant and I am far from the only one guilty of snark this game.

Yes, at this point, I am still most suspicious of you. I removed my vote on you in a show of support for the 'imprint/no lynch' plan.
And today?

Note:
Button, are you planning on casting any more imprint votes? Seeing as you've been imprinted, I think people would be especially interested as to who you choose to vote a second imprint on.
Things that mak me go hmmmm
TheButtonmen wrote:For those clamoring for a brief summary of my thoughts; if you want longer then this you’re going to have to wait 24-36 hours.

Serial Clergyman; It should be clear I’m not his biggest fan by this point. Every time I try to give him the benefit of the doubt he breaks out more terrible terribly insane and inane logic and acts in ways that seem consistently scummy to me. However I’m no longer as convinced he is scum.

CrashTextDummie; I like the cut of his jib, he's posted quality and quantity, hope to see more from him; however he is working under the burden of my read on Messiah. Though he is quickly reversing it.

Limerickx; I’m going imprint hammer at the end of this post.

Socrates; No comment at this time.

xRECKONERx; Don’t want to see him get an imprint at the moment, I find
my read of him constantly getting adjusted downwards as time goes on.

farside22; I have nothing strikingly bad to say about farside22. Leaning town on her.

Pug89; I have nothing strikingly bad to say about Pug89. However I’d love to hear more from him, to me he’s really sitting back.

Knight of Cydonia; I don’t think he’s scum at this moment, but I'd also prefer him not to get an imprint at this time.

elvis_knits; She’s the reason I keep giving Serial a second chance as she set’s off my scummdar like no one else in this game and I’m fairly certain only one of the super buddies is scum. I think she’s scum and don’t want her to get an imprint.

Imprint: Limerickx
I'd rather not imprint Farside, for 2 main reasons.

a) Keeps the imprint pool smaller
b) Goes along with my post HERE where I said that I was uncomfortable with doing more/less imprinting or lynching that what we had generally decided before everyone starting voting for imprints in earnest.
I don't see how this makes any sense. I have good vibes from Farside, but I don't want to imprint farside for a few reasons.

a) Only wanted 2 imprints
b) Saying I think someone is more likely town than scum =/= I know they are town and can imprint them with no reservations.
This makes no sense for reason's not to imprint another player

In regards to this quote:
I personally would like to do a second imprint, if only because I would feel a lot more at ease about not possibly being manipulated in some way. I also think that the extra risk of a second imprint is worth the reward, as many roles relate to other PRs (tracker being the most relevant.)

Why do you feel you it would lead to manipulation if adding a 3rd person to imprints?

Curious question @ limerick. You had a big long case on SC but voted for Reck. Why the vote on reck over SC?

I see more talks about imprinting from limerick then scum talks. I feel as a town person you should be more focused on who is scum over who to imprint. The interaction of limerick's comment to buttonman and buttonman hammer imprinting limerick with no reason makes me feel a connection could be made between the two of them.
Also some of limericks points on players and his read on them is a lot of back and forth with no reasoning (except SC/EK) can be found. He think's reck is scum but I'm not sure why? He asked about KOC but says he didn't see anything in his read.
These desires by certain players to focus on imprinting over scum hunting just rubs me the wrong way.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:25 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

@Mod
; Next week I'll probably be taking a day or thee of V/LA as first wave of midterms start up.

@Farside
; Alright I'll bite since you keep bringing it up, what is this list of questions I didn't answer?

@KoC
; You have to have something to say by now.

@Serial
; Scum can also talk during the day, not just the night.

@Elvis
; I find your claims about the not knowing scum didn't have a NK suspect partially because I find the logic of it suspect in a game with daytalking scum and partially because in your very first post you say:
elvis_knits wrote:Sometimes I only gloss over the rules and such, but I recommend everyone read everything, especially the game specific rules.
This really makes me doubt that you somehow missed that fact as you went out of your way to point out that there are game specfic rules and that we should read them.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:44 pm

Post by Limerickx »

First of all, when peopel are saying 'lynch no imprint, lynch no imprint' I think its important, and easy to set a game plan before anything else. So yeah, I see a game strategy that I think should be followed, and I'll say it, and I dont think I have anything to apologize for regarding that.
farside22 wrote:limerick day 3 stated:
Limerickx wrote:Note to Button, I agree that 2-3 imprints should run into the future, not just for one day. I think I prefer 2 to 3 at this point, but as long as the number is small, that is what is important.
however later:
Limerickx wrote:
Unvote Serial Clergyman

I'll leave my imprint votes on Buttonmen and Myself.

2 imprints please and thank you.
pushing more on him and buttonman
Agreed with less imprints. While I'd prefer to receive an imprint over Pug for obvious reasons, I agree that two is enough
No reason why he changed from 2-3 to 2 now.
xRECK asked in THIS POST for people to say how many they wanted imprinted. I decided that I'd prefer two. funny enough, the very POST BEFORE MINE SC agreed to this (And later, of course, pushed for your imprint!). Also funny enough, IN THIS POST you lay out why you think 2 imprints is superior to three! And HERE TOO! E_K Does the sameHERE Funny enough, it was PUG who would've been the second in line for an imprint! So I get the second imprint, and out of nowhere, the push you to get you imprinted comes through?
farside22 wrote:
Limerickx wrote:Off the top of my head (posting from my phone at the moment) I was less suspicious of EK on day one then I am now, and more suspicious of Farside early than now. Im leaning town to Farside and neutral on EK. Id rather that neither get an imprint, if i had my choice.
His read before on me was thus:
Farside: I admit I couldn't read his uber-long post. My eyes started hurting. At this point, I think another reread will be required tomorrow. Lets leave it at null for now.
In fact, I'll wrap up my thoughts on the rest and expand on it tomrorow
later that same day said:
Farside: Fairly townish. Not comfortable enough to imprint
Yes...I was fairly townish on you at that moment in time. Point being?
farside wrote:
Limerickx wrote:Button, are you planning on casting any more imprint votes? Seeing as you've been imprinted, I think people would be especially interested as to who you choose to vote a second imprint on.
Things that mak me go hmmmm
And you disagree? He had the first imprint and was quiet from then. Obviously people should be at least interested in what he thought about other players!

More coming in a later post, this is getting cluttered.
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:59 pm

Post by Limerickx »

Farside wrote:
Limerickx wrote:I'd rather not imprint Farside, for 2 main reasons.

a) Keeps the imprint pool smaller
b) Goes along with my post HERE where I said that I was uncomfortable with doing more/less imprinting or lynching that what we had generally decided before everyone starting voting for imprints in earnest.
a) Only wanted 2 imprints
b) Saying I think someone is more likely town than scum =/= I know they are town and can imprint them with no reservations.
This makes no sense for reason's not to imprint another player
No. You are wrong. There is a risk the more players are imprinte at first. I weighed the risk of an imprinted an extra player increasing the risk of both accidentally imprinting scum AND making it harder to find the scum out of the past imprinted players as being GREATER than the reward of possible getting another townie imprinted. YOU AGREED at first.
I don't see how this makes any sense. I have good vibes from Farside, but I don't want to imprint farside for a few reasons.
Farside22 wrote:In regards to this quote:
I personally would like to do a second imprint, if only because I would feel a lot more at ease about not possibly being manipulated in some way. I also think that the extra risk of a second imprint is worth the reward, as many roles relate to other PRs (tracker being the most relevant.)

Why do you feel you it would lead to manipulation if adding a 3rd person to imprints?
As I've said before, after people had pretty much settled on imprinting 2 people, sudden changes in plan without good reason are fishy.

farside wrote:Curious question @ limerick. You had a big long case on SC but voted for Reck. Why the vote on reck over SC?
Because maybe I listened to other people who criticized my position against SC? Maybe SC is annoying, and makes no sense, but there are other reasons people can be like that other than being scum? But who knows, maybe THAT was wrong too!
farside wrote:I see more talks about imprinting from limerick then scum talks. I feel as a town person you should be more focused on who is scum over who to imprint. The interaction of limerick's comment to buttonman and buttonman hammer imprinting limerick with no reason makes me feel a connection could be made between the two of them.
Also some of limericks points on players and his read on them is a lot of back and forth with no reasoning (except SC/EK) can be found. He think's reck is scum but I'm not sure why? He asked about KOC but says he didn't see anything in his read.
These desires by certain players to focus on imprinting over scum hunting just rubs me the wrong way.
1) I spoke about xRECK yesterday, specifically about nonchalantly trying to push Pug through an imprint felt fishy to me.
2) Have I ever been strongly against EK? Maybe I have, I know that I've been uncomfortable about her before, but I dont recall ever making a strong case, as you misrepresent. Off the top of my head, I don't think I've even voted for her.

I ask people to make it easy to see why they are so against KoC because I didn't see something when I did a read through, and Im suspicious?

vote: Farside

Trying to push bad play, misrepresentation, flipflopping, criticizing players for holding positions you once had before dropping it would most suit you if you were scum.
I should thank you, if you didn't push me to go back and show you where I locked in on two imprints, then I might've missed You/SC being so solid on as well it until you saw an opportunity to be imprinted. Along with the fact that you pushed to reveal your imprint last when there was NO reason for it (as you were suppsoedly imprinted doctor) is just a little icing on top.
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:03 pm

Post by Limerickx »

Final note: Farside was NOT on the DN lynch, and was on Starbuck lynch

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”