Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:35 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

Is that a serious accusation? If so, on what in the world are you basing it on?
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

If this has even so much as piqued your interest or you'd like to talk, please send me a PM. Even if it's to disagree, insult me, or just to say you're sick of reading the verse, I'm glad to listen.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:18 pm

Post by Budja »

L-2 actually.

We could go for a counter-claim. TBH I still think Angel is scum and worth lynching today. Vote not moving.
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:44 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

I want to see if anyone wants to cc to cop and or doc before we lynch today.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

If this has even so much as piqued your interest or you'd like to talk, please send me a PM. Even if it's to disagree, insult me, or just to say you're sick of reading the verse, I'm glad to listen.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

Budja (and everyone else, really):
I strongly suspect that you were right- about both.
Unvote: Cat
. Right now, to be honest, I'm convinced enough to go ahead, but I don't see any reason not to take a safety play of having a round of counter-doctorclaims. (But still nothing regarding the copclaim until tomorrow.) We tomorrow either will have a confirmed innocent, a confirmed mafia, or the doctor indirectly will have protected the cop.

The only case where that's suboptimal is if the mafia is MR/angelmouse, and I'm not really worried about that case. Do you (or anyone else) see any reason not to have a real doctor counterclaim?

angelmouse:
Who's Jack's partner?
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:56 pm

Post by Budja »

No cop counter-claim today.
Doc may counter-claim if they wish.

I am voting Angel regardless.
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:07 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

I think we should have the doc counterclaim. Not an "if you wish".
I too am not buying angel's claim. I'm not sure about MR.

Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:38 pm

Post by Budja »

^^^
Glad to see we are on the same page there, Emp.

@Jack, Emp
it probably is optimal play to get a doc counter-claim.
I am not the doc.
(We need Cat around for this too.)

@mod, could you prod Cat.
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:53 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

Forgot cat. She's already gone through one phase of lurking. Why bring her back so she can do it again? Just replace her. There is time yet.

tatetothetot
tatetothetot
Goon
tatetothetot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:01 pm

Post by tatetothetot »

DeathNote will be back Sunday evening to post vote counts and prods.
And that's the way the cookie crumbles.
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:07 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

May I assume you are our backup mod or something?

tatetothetot
tatetothetot
Goon
tatetothetot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:39 pm

Post by tatetothetot »

Oh... Sorry. I am his brother. He called me and told me he would be home Sunday. Enjoy your game.
And that's the way the cookie crumbles.
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:51 pm

Post by The Tracker »

The only way we'll know for sure if angel is doc is if she dies tonight. So let's look at it this way, she's a dead woman walking whether or not her claim is true.

Looking at both claims, it's quite obvious that scum can't kill two PR's in one night. So that leaves us at a bit of a dilemma. Should we take the chance on lynching a claimed PR? Or should we lynch someone else? Right now I'm taking both claims with a grain of salt. I don't believe MR at all period and if angel's scum then she has no choice but to claim doctor to save her sorry butt.

Here's what I think: even if MR is a cop, I doubt he will make the optimal play in his investigation choice. In fact, I doubt he'll investigate anyone at all if he's telling the truth. We all agree he's been acting scummy anyway, so believing he's fakeclaiming isn't too much of a stretch.

As for AM, this is rather simple. If she lives through the night, we lynch her tomorrow. There's no sense in lynching her today at all. Since both PR's have been claimed, and both claims are coming from suspected scum, then it's also not a stretch to believe that either one or both of them is lying.

My vote is MR. If he was the only PR claim, then I'd apply the test I wish to apply to angel to him. He is not, and since I don't believe him anymore than I believe angel, I also believe it might be worth the risk.

unvote, vote: MR
In the grand scheme of things, wins and losses are pointless. But I'm not the grand scheme, so die scum!

Yes, I have a wiki page. No, I'm not linking you to it.
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:01 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

Have you never thought that scum might leave them alive to get an easy mislynch the next day?

Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:08 pm

Post by Budja »

No, no, no.
If MR is scum, he dies tomorrow and we have a decent chance of getting an investigation.
If he is town, we direct the scum kill or get an investigation.
Win,win.

Stop discussing MR, he is not today's lynch regardless of anything short of a scum-claim.
---
-town points.
---
I don't believe Angel but I'm willing to hear a counter-claim as Mafia are probably going to be cop-hunting tonight.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:49 am

Post by EmpTyger »

I am not the doctor.
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:36 am

Post by The Tracker »

I am also not the doctor. And Jack, that thought hadn't crossed my mind.
In the grand scheme of things, wins and losses are pointless. But I'm not the grand scheme, so die scum!

Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:29 am

Post by Jackabomb »

I'm not the doc either. Now you see why we need a replacement for cat ASAP.

DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:42 am

Post by DeathNote »

Vote Count:

Budja
- Cat (L-3)
angelmouse
- Budja, (L-3)
Jackabomb
- Memorable Raindrops, anglemouse (L-2)
Memorable Raindrops
- The Tracker (L-3)

Not Voting:

EmpTyger

With 7 alive, its 4 to lynch

Cat has been prodded again. I will start looking for replacements unless i see more of a commitment from the player. No players will be replaced unless the 48 hour after prod has been passed unless they ask for replacement.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:31 pm

Post by Budja »

Well, just waiting for Cat now... ... ...
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:20 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Memorable Raindrops has requested replacement
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
angelmouse
angelmouse
Goon
angelmouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:44 pm

Post by angelmouse »

Your not going to get a doc counter-claim, that would be a horribly bad move from Scum. The way i see it, i'm dead either tonight or very soon, so the only thing left for me to do is read the whole thread again in detail and make sure i try and find the scum. Its difficult when Cat is nowhere to be seen and MR is now requeseting replacement, but i will look into the other players properly. If MR's claim is true the town have no power roles left. One will die tonight and the other will be blocked. Scum hold all the cards and the game has tipped massively in their favour. I reckon we have to lynch scum today if the town have any chance of winning.

Unvote Jack
The was a OMGUS vote and a rushed one as well (don't go onto the forums after a night out :) ) I'll vote again after a read through later.
angelmouse
angelmouse
Goon
angelmouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:08 pm

Post by angelmouse »

Sorry mod, site was being glitchy and posted that 4 times. can you delete?

Cheers
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:30 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

Oh, hey! I just realized our mod lives in Texas. So do I.

The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:30 pm

Post by The Tracker »

Well, we got two guys with a free pass so far. I don't trust the claims as far as I can throw them, but I suppose Budja's right and let them be. Of course, why claim cop and then request replacement?

So what do we have as a viable target thus far? Just Cat. Unless someone wants to try a case on either me, Jack, Budja, or Emp, I'm fairly certain Cat or his replacement will be getting a new necktie.

angelmouse
angelmouse
Goon
angelmouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:51 am

Post by angelmouse »

I would like to wait for Cat and MR's replacements. I don't understand why he claimed then ran off.

Cats lack of play now doesn't scream scum to me, just screams bad play and laziness. He could be either scum or town for me right now. I would be willing to hear out a replacement and look back at all the other players as well.

I also don't see myself as having a free pass, as i'll probably be killing in N1 or at best blocked.

We have to hit scum today with our lynch so i urge everyone to read the game again and think about those players have have come across as town so far

Return to “Completed Open Games”