kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:58 am

Post by kikuchiyo »

peanutman wrote: You concede that Raider played in a dumb way (enumerated in your quote above), that he's play now is very OMGUS, and yet you're suspicious of all those who have voted Raider for it.
No. I was suspicious of Gerhard/Slaxx from yesterday. I'm not sure about you.
peanutman wrote:There is clearly something that doesn't add up. If we don't vote for those who act scummy because they may/claim to be using the "lightning rod" approach, was does the town have left to do.
Hmm. A good question for Gerhard. Why didn't he vote 5cvm? Why Suave over 5cvm? Aren't you the least bit interested?

peanutman wrote:Kiku, I will offer you a suggestion. Instead of being suspicious of a group of people for different acts (i.e. all those who voted x, or everyone who does y), try building or more solid case on someone in particular. I mean, you were going somewhere with your list of raider's scummy actions, until you threw in "lightning rod" and seemed to absolve him of any suspicion (other than "I want an explanation for this").
I have absolved Raider of nothing. I am simply observing what's happening and commenting. As of now, Raider is not my top choice and it just so happens that my suspects are voting him. Not sure what you mean with the last bit. Should I not be asking Raider to explain himself? Wouldn't that be "absolving" him then? By asking him to explain I am giving him an oppurtunity to defend his actions and further explore his own suspicions. Even if he ends up being lynched, his contribution can be helpful regardless of flip.
"Yes, Kiku fucked me thoroughly and left me on the side of the road to be lynched." - Snow White
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:19 am

Post by raider8169 »

Slaxx wrote:The whole point of this post was to cast a vote, but I'm still torn in between a Raider or Xvart lynch. If I don' hear from xvart soon, or more likely now his replacement, I feel comfortable with

vote: Raider
Do I get a reason as to why you are voting me?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:31 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

post 233 wrote:
Ok, I have had a hard time reading most of this thread. People are posting walls of text and going off on there own little tangents.
Either way I am supporting of a 5cvm lynch. I think he is at L-1 and the deadline is in a week or so. I would like to see a post from him in the meantime listing who he thinks is scum and whatnot but I think he gave up on this game instead of trying to fight his way out.
post 365 wrote:4. The persona I am using doesnt fit the player? Its almost like you know my meta from 6 months ago.
Though if you did it properly you would also know that I have different playstyles depending on the type of game
and the mood I am in when the game starts. I have fun with metas and it people that rely on metas to find scum get screwed and end up screwing the rest of the townies.
This is by no means my first game and I do know what I am doing.
I find this to be fun and how I want to play the game. If it gets my lynched then so be it. I tend to suck in endgame anyways.
post 382 wrote:If you must know, at the moment no one really sticks out to me.
I like where the pressure on me is going as it gives me insight into some people going for the "easy kill." Right now its too early for to tell but in due course it will happen.
post 384 wrote:Easy kill would be the people that join a bandwagon and say nothing other then agree and vote. Scum looking just to have someone killed and looking for the easiest target to add their votes too.
So, to recap:

Raider said he was confused and unable to read the thread because of all the conversation going on. He later suggests that this is his play style for certain types of games. He emphasizes that this is not his first game and that he knows what he's doing. Furthermore, he is doing this on purpose because it brings attention onto him which is apparently either A) the only time he pays attention to when scum do nothing but agree and vote or B) the only time scum do nothing but agree and vote.

Awesome!
Did you catch all of that?

So, it's not his first game and he knows what he's doing. Check.
It's not his first game and he knows what he's doing, which means he is unable to follow multiple threads of intense conversation. Check.
His inability to follow multiple threads of intense conversation is merely a specific play style that is tied to a specific type of game. Check.
This specific play style that is tied to a specific type of game is meant to draw suspicion and attention to himself. Check.
It is when (what would presumably be unnecessary and misplaced) suspicion and attention is drawn to him that raider catches scum because they cannot help but say nothing other than agreeing and voting. Check.

All of this begs the questions:
In what type of game would it benefit a player to come across as befuddled and confused at intense conversation? (Hint: Not a pro-town player.)
In what loopy alternate reality is it a remotely valid pro-town tactic to mislead the town into suspecting you because when the town suspects you (and only you!) scum become stupid and easy to spot? (Hint: It doesn't exist.)

Raider's hodgepodge of excuses for his behavior doesn't hold up to any type of scrutiny.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:23 pm

Post by Slaxx »

raider8169 wrote:
Slaxx wrote:The whole point of this post was to cast a vote, but I'm still torn in between a Raider or Xvart lynch. If I don' hear from xvart soon, or more likely now his replacement, I feel comfortable with

Post 385. I said I'd iso other people. I didnt want to place a vote before I looked over the thread one more time.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:41 pm

Post by Slaxx »

raider8169 wrote:

On that same note, I asked you a question in the post. You probably didn't read it, though, because you had ask why I was voting for you.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:42 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Hmmm GC makes some good points there.

Raider can you recap who you believe is scum please? And maybe a case against your top scummer?
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:53 am

Post by Budja »

Votecount3 - raider8169: (Green Crayons, peanutman, Slaxx )
1 - Gerhard Krause: (MacavityLock)
1 - kikuchiyo: (Gerhard Krause)
Not Voting: xvart, Nachomamma8, kikuchiyo, raider8169, wolframnhart

With
alive it will take
to lynch.

Deadline:
8th February 10pm AEST.

Sorry for the late votecount. :oops:

xvart has been prodded.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:44 am

Post by raider8169 »

Slaxx wrote:
raider8169 wrote:

On that same note, I asked you a question in the post. You probably didn't read it, though, because you had ask why I was voting for you.
I had already answered that question before you asked it. There are many things in these games that people dont post because it might cause someone to think they are scum because they are speaking their mind. Its part of the game. If someone thinks they are above that or dont do that they are just liars and I will leave it at that.

I will save people time and effort and claim now. I am Col Hart and a vig. I am responsible for HH's death.

My thoughts are that the scum are either lurkers who didnt submit a kill or we have a doc who saved whoever they intended to kill.

As far as who I think is scum is going to have to wait. The site keeps crapping out on me.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:27 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Why vig HH?
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:49 am

Post by wolframnhart »

I echo Macs question, why would you vig HH? He seemed pretty townie to me.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:50 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Also wait... a night vig? Isn't that a serial killer or a mafia member? I have only seen day vigs personally.

MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:04 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Night vigs definitely exist. I've modded a game that had one, and seen many others. Waiting on raider's response.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

*shrug* alright I just never been in a game with one then.

Curious though can you please link said game?

MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:02 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Game I modded with a 1-shot vig

Game I was in with a vig

There are probably 2 or 3 other games with night vigs I can pull up, if you need.
Gerhard Krause
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:04 pm

Post by Gerhard Krause »

MacavityLock wrote:If GC had info, you potentially prevented him from providing it.
No. I had no power to prevent him from posting his information, please don't pretend like I did.
MacavityLock wrote:OK, but how did you know he was town?
I didn't. I thought he was scum. The post you are taking issue with was meant to imply that I would have no remorse if he were town. He deserved it.
MacavityLock wrote:You failed to answer my questions about this. What was interesting about it? Was it scummy? If so, what's scummy about it?
It thought "bite me" made it pretty clear I had no intention of answering that question. I am not going to until the time I deem most opportune. That time may never come.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:25 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

GH I am curious, what do you think about Raiders claim and the fact he says he killed HH?
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:28 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

EBWOP meant GK not GH sorry.

@ML
Thanks for the links, guess there are night vigs after all ^_^

MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:35 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Gerhard Krause wrote:
MacavityLock wrote:If GC had info, you potentially prevented him from providing it.
No. I had no power to prevent him from posting his information, please don't pretend like I did.
You're right, prevented is the wrong word. Encouraged others to not allow the information to get out is the better phrase.
Gerhard Krause wrote:
MacavityLock wrote:OK, but how did you know he was town?
I didn't. I thought he was scum. The post you are taking issue with was meant to imply that I would have no remorse if he were town. He deserved it.
The wording you used suggests that you knew he was town.
Gerhard Krause wrote:
MacavityLock wrote:You failed to answer my questions about this. What was interesting about it? Was it scummy? If so, what's scummy about it?
It thought "bite me" made it pretty clear I had no intention of answering that question. I am not going to until the time I deem most opportune. That time may never come.
No, it was not clear. It is now. It's also pretty clear that you're just trying to avoid answering my (reasonable) question.
Gerhard Krause
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:39 pm

Post by Gerhard Krause »

Kiku wrote:I didn't see a concrete "reason" as to why one was scummier than the other. YOU CLEARLY DID. What made 5cvm scummier than Suave?
When did I say 5cvm was scummier? I think you need to read the thread a tad more closely before youask me idiotic questions.
MacavityLock wrote:You're right, prevented is the wrong word. Encouraged others to not allow the information to get out is the better phrase.
I explained why already. Please go back and look.
MacavityLock wrote:The wording you used suggests that you knew he was town.
Why don't you point that wording out to me.
MacavityLock wrote:No, it was not clear. It is now. It's also pretty clear that you're just trying to avoid answering my (reasonable) question.
Good. Glad we're settled on that.

If a case ever comes up on xvart, I will happily answer that question. Until then it would not be prudent.
Gerhard Krause
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Gerhard Krause
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:43 pm

Post by Gerhard Krause »

Wolframnhart wrote:GH I am curious, what do you think about Raiders claim and the fact he says he killed HH?
Honestly I don't know what to make of it. I am very interested to hear why he chose HH of all people, because that seems to me like an exceedingly plausible scum NK.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:49 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Gerhard Krause wrote:
MacavityLock wrote:The wording you used suggests that you knew he was town.
Why don't you point that wording out to me.
I already did that.
MacavityLock wrote:
Gerhard Krause wrote:MrSuave - You are not trying. You haven't done shit since I voted you. At this point it would be more beneficial to the town to mislynch you rather than a scummy, cuz they will keep you around till lylo, and you will make us lose.

Prove me wrong.
This is just awful. It suggests that Gerhard knows Suave is town: "
rather than
a scummy", "
they will
keep you around".
Gerhard Krause wrote:If a case ever comes up on xvart, I will happily answer that question. Until then it would not be prudent.
Any interest in making one? Or are you just going to latch on to one, when it's made available to you?
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:08 pm

Post by raider8169 »

I picked HH more on a hunch. I had the feeling he was testing the water with a few people to see would could come off as an easy kill. I was wrong.

Now that my info is out its unlikely that I will survive the night but I would rather town have more time to discuss this. This was sort of why I was playing the way I did to see if I could draw scum to me but it seems my gambit or whatever people wish to call it did not work as I had hoped.

Oh another thing, if scum picked HH too I guess that would explain why only one night kill if there are others who think he was very townie.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:20 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

Ok this makes no sense to me.

You claim night vig, so you played the way you did to draw scum to you? What good doe that do? You can't kill them unless it is night so you say yet I think you are saying you draw votes to you to pick out the scum, but HH never even voted you!
HackerHuck wrote:
raider8169 wrote:Nacho, is there anything that you can think of that would cause 5cvm to call you out as scum per his role?
Rolefishing?
HackerHuck wrote:I would say that it's not a policy lynch to go after 5cvm for his behaviour and even Green Crayons has corroborated my assertion that scum do act that way from time to time. Yes, townies gambit too, but townies also do scummy things and get lynched for them, so that's a really crap reason not to vote for him. As to why he's higher on my list than those others, I don't really like the case on Nacho and while Kiku is creeping up my scum list with her reactions to your vote, I'm still happier lynching either Mr Suave or 5cvm. Considering my original vote was on 5cvm and nothing convinces me that Mr Suave is
more
likely to be scum, I'm not going to change my vote.

We've got a few more days until 5cvm is back though, so we definitely don't want to sit on our hands until then.

What are the thoughts on Raider's recent contribution. I'm starting to get the feeling that he's lurking until something happens that he can join in on.
HackerHuck wrote:I don't think Slaxx can really do much before deadline to convince me he's town, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt today (as long as he doesn't do anything scummy). I think Mr Suave is looking like a good lynch today, so I'm happy with my vote.

Is there a case on Raider that doesn't rest solely on his experienced/inexperienced contradiction?
And one other time before the last quote where he asked why you, kiku, and Phantom were not voting anyone. So instead of vigging someone who voted for you yesterday (Ectomancer, xvart, Nachomamma8, Kiku, and Peanutman) you killed someone who was asking if there was a better case against you and never voted for you?
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Yeah, this isn't very hard. Raider claims vig and claims the only kill from the previous night. That kill was of HH, a guy who seemed pretty townie on my intro read, and raider never once mentioned suspicion of him. Looks like a scum nightkill to me.

Unvote. Vote: raider
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:38 pm

Post by raider8169 »

MacavityLock wrote:Yeah, this isn't very hard. Raider claims vig and claims the only kill from the previous night. That kill was of HH, a guy who seemed pretty townie on my intro read, and raider never once mentioned suspicion of him. Looks like a scum nightkill to me.

Unvote. Vote: raider
lol, that would be the worse scum claim ever. I should try that sometime and see what happens.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”