cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:38 pm

Post by cruelty »

Flareonage wrote:there has to be a doctor in this game.

Elaborate.
the nexus of the crisis
Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:40 pm

Post by Flareonage »

I cut myself off there because speculation is bad but you asked.

A doctor could protect tracker so the SK can't get rid of him but now that I said it the SK probably wouldn't kill tracker.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:42 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Flareonage wrote:I cut myself off there because speculation is bad but you asked.

A doctor could protect tracker so the SK can't get rid of him but now that I said it the SK probably wouldn't kill tracker.
Don't assume any role is in the set-up - doctor isn't a guarenteed role, like some other mafia websites (or real life mafia).

Even if there was a doctor, I'd rather it protect a pro-town player than worry about saving Tracker. His role is not as valuable as you think it is.
Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:46 pm

Post by Flareonage »

it's more valuable then a VT role
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:55 pm

Post by Cruciare »

Vote Count

Quagmire (5)
Hoopla, Cyberbob, cruelty, AGar, Flareonage
The Tracker (3)
Nachomamma8, angelmouse, hitogoroshi
Flareonage (2)
RedCoyote, The Tracker
Cyberbob (1)
Quagmire
angelmouse (1)
Mindgamer

Not Voting (0)

With twelve alive, it takes seven to guillotine.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:56 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Flareonage wrote:it's more valuable then a VT role
but not enough to deter a lynch if the town deemed him scummy enough. his powers have been significantly compromised by being outed. it isn't a worthwhile investment to keep a scummy player alive for a very slim chance at catching an SK.

we'll see what the rest of the town thinks though, but whatever we do, we need to do it quickly. Quagmire and Tracker are really the only options with enough support to beat the deadline.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Post by Hoopla »

The Tracker wrote:
angelmouse wrote:I agree that a lynch is better than none. Tracker I think it's tine to claim.
FBI Agent
Looking back over the last page, I really don't like this passage of play. Tracker
and
Quagmire were both at L-3, however angelmouse pushes a claim from Tracker. Granted, we are close to deadline, but the ease and readiness from Tracker to claim feels off.

The most damning thing is Quagmire probably had more support for a lynch, but angelmouse pushed for a Tracker claim based on her own opinion of the candidates, not the collective town's. This is either bad town play, or a clever defense on Quagmire, as another claim right now might not be a good idea for the town. This increases Tracker's chance of lynch by a lot.
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:22 pm

Post by The Tracker »

Hoopla, whether you believe it or not is up to you. Angel pushed for a claim and I figured I was at L-1 because of that.
In the grand scheme of things, wins and losses are pointless. But I'm not the grand scheme, so die scum!

Yes, I have a wiki page. No, I'm not linking you to it.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:25 pm

Post by cruelty »

Flareonage wrote:I cut myself off there because speculation is bad but you asked.

That's not what I asked - I understand how the doctor role works and I even have the imagination to conceive of a situation whereby the doctor might use his powers to protect a fellow townie.

I'll rephrase.

Why do you think there is a doctor?
the nexus of the crisis
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:26 pm

Post by Hoopla »

The Tracker wrote:Hoopla, whether you believe it or not is up to you. Angel pushed for a claim and I figured I was at L-1 because of that.
I seriously don't believe that. And even if it is true, your reads aren't worth much because it shows you're not paying any attention to the game.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:27 pm

Post by Hoopla »

cruelty wrote:

Not relevant. Stop fishing.
Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:28 pm

Post by Flareonage »

Doctor roles are pretty common
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:39 pm

Post by cruelty »

Hoopla wrote:
cruelty wrote:

Not relevant. Stop fishing.

Flare was pretty certain there was a doctor in the game. I generally think that certainty about roles/setups is absolutely worth pursuing. I don't want to know about roles, I just want to know the reasoning behind his statement. I think it's pretty relevant.
the nexus of the crisis
Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:44 pm

Post by Flareonage »

I wasn't certain. There is no reasoning. It was just a bad assumption on my part
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:58 pm

Post by cruelty »

Alright, consider the issue dropped.
the nexus of the crisis
Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:55 pm

Post by Flareonage »

Lol.

I just realized how ironic it would have been for tracker to claim tracker
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:46 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I hope Hoopla, cruelty, AGar, and Cyberbob are happy that they get their political lynch through. I have seen no case on Quag based on anything game related, outside of some minor lurking issues.

I guess his role will be a surprise to us all.

unvote
;
vote: Quagmire
angelmouse
angelmouse
Goon
angelmouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:46 pm

Post by angelmouse »

I pushed for a tracker claim because how could Quagmire claim considering he hasn't read his role? I was simply doing a short post as was in a rush and new the deadline was looming and was using my phone.

Im not sure about the claim, actually very uncertain, but we will soon know by day 2 if he is what he says he is if he gets through D1.

I'm not happy with Quagmire lynch as i feel his play style just annoyed everyone and got some peoples back up hence the lynch, but its looking like its him or no lynch.

I wont be able to post much tonight nor tomorrow but will be around for the next 8 hours or so and able to post snippests from my phone afterwards. I would like coments from other players not already voting Quagmire. Nachomamma8, hitogoroshi and Mindgamer, do we agree a quagmire lynch is better than no lynch?
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:02 am

Post by cruelty »

RedCoyote wrote:I hope Hoopla, cruelty, AGar, and Cyberbob are happy that they get their political lynch through. I have seen no case on Quag based on anything game related, outside of some minor lurking issues.

I guess his role will be a surprise to us all.

unvote
;
vote: Quagmire

a) He's not lynched yet.
b) I'm positive he's said (possibly not in this thread) that he claims D1 if pressured.

I'm happy enough to shift my vote to Tracker or Flare following a Quagmire claim.
the nexus of the crisis
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:06 am

Post by Mindgamer »

The Tracker's role claim is interesting. It's not a very safe role to claim, so I believe it to be true for the moment. If there are two nightkills tonight, The Tracker's role is pretty much confirmed. If there is only one nightkill, The Tracker would be more suspicious, because I don't think the mafia/SK would waste their nightkill only to raise suspicion on The Tracker. Though the chance that we have an FBI Agent without a Serial Killer also exists, of course.

A lynch is better than no lynch. Thus a Quagmire lynch is better than no lynch. I'm not happy with it, so I won't hammer Quagmire until 60 minutes before deadline (the site is way too glitchy to do it any later).
angelmouse
angelmouse
Goon
angelmouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:31 am

Post by angelmouse »

a) He's not lynched yet.
b) I'm positive he's said (possibly not in this thread) that he claims D1 if pressured.

I'm happy enough to shift my vote to Tracker or Flare following a Quagmire claim.
I would like a roleclaim from Quagmire as well, just assumed he wouldn't as he didn't know it. I missed the part about pressure your talking about, but would like to put the pressure on Quagmire to claim if this is the case.

Following a quagmire claim and depending on it, I would be happy enough to switch votes, but would have to way up the claim verus tracker. the more i think about it, the more i am not cinvinced with his claim.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:52 am

Post by Quagmire »

Well, I suppose it's going to be me or nobody. I've already said I'm not going to read my role PM. Let me stress how silly of a lynch this is.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:53 am

Post by Cyberbob »

Quagmire wrote:Well, I suppose it's going to be me or nobody. I've already said I'm not going to read my role PM. Let me stress how silly of a lynch this is.
You also said
why
you're not going to read your role PM - would you care to remind everyone just what reason that might be?
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:00 am

Post by Quagmire »

cruelty wrote:
Quagmire wrote:I see very little posting trying to convince anyone otherwise with actual cases. I've shot down every "case" that tries to belittle the way I play.
Well, you haven't shot down shit. If anything you've been spectacularly useless. And this in the face of repeated attacks on/discussing about you. One would think that you'd inadvertently contribute but this hasn't been the case at all. Some halfassed remarks about CyberBob do not a case make.

I've waited (relatively) patiently for you to wow us all with some sort of amazing case that you've put together from your distancting/passive information gathering tactics and the best you've come up with is two sentences over two posts attacking Cyberbob. Fuck outta here son.
I've posted like 3 or 4 times on Cyberbob now, reread what I've posted. Of course, this is difficult anyways, because I've been forced to defend my playstyle the majority of today anyways. You've just gotten to sit back and whine about how pissed off you are about the way I play, while I've actually had to talk about it and defend myself. Which, every time it has been done so far, I've defended admirably. If there's reasons I missed please do show me where I've missed them.

With that said you haven't made a single case that's not "I don't like the way you play Quagmire" and you're only kidding yourself if you're thinking here that you're the bright, intelligent player and I'm the densehead (I may be stupid and bad at mafia, but that doesn't mean you're really any good). "Fuck outta here son durr"
Quagmire wrote:Cyberbob's case isn't the strongest, but I feel it's pretty valid
So.. he had a valid case but he's spent the entire day commenting on marginal material? What changed your mind, and why?

[I should probably note at this time that I don't really have a read either way on Cyberbob, this is all about Quag].
This was lost in translation... probably my fault. That original post should read, "My case on Cyberbob isn't the strongest, but I feel it's pretty valid." Note that my post came directly after I first accused Cyberbob of being mafia.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:04 am

Post by Quagmire »

Cyberbob wrote:
Quagmire wrote:Well, I suppose it's going to be me or nobody. I've already said I'm not going to read my role PM. Let me stress how silly of a lynch this is.
You also said
why
you're not going to read your role PM - would you care to remind everyone just what reason that might be?
to troll you :twisted:

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”