Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:25 pm

Post by Quagmire »

Cyberbob wrote:
Flareonage wrote:Everyone who is voting for Quagmire hasn't really been scum hunting. They just want Quagmire gone because of his playing style.
Be careful about using things like the word "everyone". I can't remember off the top of my head whether anyone else has been looking at people other than Quag but I certainly have been.
Flareonage wrote:There may be some truth to what they are saying but scum could easily be using that situation to their advantage.

If Quagmire was scum then maybe his partner is one of the pissed off people. I know I would be if I found out my partner hasn't read his role PM
a) Scum
always
use a situation to their advantage whether it's one of their buddies in the firing line or whether it's a townie.
b) Yeah, maybe, or maybe all of his buddies are avoiding the wagon and lambasting all the people on it. You need to look at both sides of the coin if you want people to take your final position seriously.
Cyberbob, you've spent the entire day so far commenting on marginal material, mostly because you're afraid to substantially comment on what has been the topic of the day, i.e. me, to anywhere near the extent anyone else has commented on it. This is why you're scum; this is why you should be lynched.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:27 pm

Post by Quagmire »

To put it in a different way Cyberbob you've only passively defended portions of the game that border on uselessness. The meat of the argument you've been afraid to give a real opinion of. Why is that?
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:41 pm

Post by AGar »

I'm currently in a V/LA until tomorrow evening. Just transitioning back into the school routine.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:39 pm

Post by Cruciare »

Deadline is in about 2 days and 7-8 hours. If there is no majority at deadline, no-one will be lynched.

Vote Count

Quagmire (4)
Hoopla, Cyberbob, cruelty, AGar
The Tracker (4)
Nachomamma8, angelmouse, Flareonage, hitogoroshi
Flareonage (2)
RedCoyote, The Tracker
Cyberbob (1)
Quagmire
angelmouse (1)
Mindgamer

Not Voting (0)

With twelve alive, it takes seven to guillotine.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:07 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Disclaimer language: When you say things
could
be, or
might
be, or use wording to show a disconnectedness with your points, just making you less liable for them.

Now, if you're going to say that you're not a fan of someone's play, then you have to explain why. I'm not a fan of the Yankees, but that doesn't mean I'll be voting for them anytime soon... >.>
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:16 pm

Post by The Tracker »

Ah, I see what you mean. Honestly, it's just how I talk. Anyway, I did explain why I'm not a fan.
In the grand scheme of things, wins and losses are pointless. But I'm not the grand scheme, so die scum!

Yes, I have a wiki page. No, I'm not linking you to it.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:19 pm

Post by cruelty »

Quagmire wrote:I see very little posting trying to convince anyone otherwise with actual cases. I've shot down every "case" that tries to belittle the way I play.
Well, you haven't shot down shit. If anything you've been spectacularly useless. And this in the face of repeated attacks on/discussing about you. One would think that you'd inadvertently contribute but this hasn't been the case at all. Some halfassed remarks about CyberBob do not a case make.

I've waited (relatively) patiently for you to wow us all with some sort of amazing case that you've put together from your distancting/passive information gathering tactics and the best you've come up with is two sentences over two posts attacking Cyberbob. Fuck outta here son.
Quagmire wrote: Cyberbob, you've spent the entire day so far commenting on marginal material
You've spent the entire day discussing your retarded playstyle.
Quagmire wrote:Cyberbob's case isn't the strongest, but I feel it's pretty valid
So.. he had a valid case but he's spent the entire day commenting on marginal material? What changed your mind, and why?

[I should probably note at this time that I don't really have a read either way on Cyberbob, this is all about Quag].

Moving on.

The following is all from the same post:
Tracker wrote:
I agree with the idea
to wait until the next day and see how his playing changes.
Tracker wrote:Hoopla's claim: Not a fan, but
I'm more or less convinced by other players
Tracker wrote:I found that Flareon began the game with some lovely wishy-washy voting. Changed votes around a lot and kept his random vote at one point for a bit after changing back to it. He explained it as he doesn't like to not use his vote, but it just comes off as wishy-washy to me. Then he starts complaining about how Quagmire's playing (or lack thereof) is smokescreening without doing anything to change that problem.
I really, really dislike this post.

Basically, he's agreeing with other players for the first two (lacking original thought). The first part of the third quote is rehashing someone else's case (can't be bothered looking to find out who - it's not really relevant), and then the second is paraphrasing my last post.

This entire post Tracker specifically states is "his stuff". This isn't good enough man, you're not bringing anything new - I have no issue with you agreeing with good cases but this isn't even an attempt to build on things other people have said, it's just halfassed paraphrasing and momentum surfing. It really, really seems to me like you're trying to fade into anonymity by agreeing with the majority.
the nexus of the crisis
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:29 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

The Tracker wrote: Ah, I see what you mean. Honestly, it's just how I talk. Anyway, I did explain why I'm not a fan.
Of Hoopla's play? Other than her miller claim, I haven't heard anything about Hoopla. And explaining what you mean without using the words of people definitely help to convince me of your case a little more.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:31 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Oh Quag. Not only are you making a heap of frenzied posts all in a rush but you also have to steal one of my jokes to come up with a phunny? You're slipping, broheim.

also yes I have commented substantially on you, I commented quite substantially on you when I made my vote. After that there really hasn't been much from you aside from vapid trash and desperate attempts to find
something
on me as though nobody would pick up on how OMGUSy you're being.

As far as other people of interest go, I've still very much got my eye on The Tracker (for the same reasons as before but also now with cruelty's Post 256, which I like). Nachomamma and Flare haven't really been doing much for me either; the former's chainsaw defence of Quag in particular is rubbing me the wrong way.
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:26 am

Post by The Tracker »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
The Tracker wrote: Ah, I see what you mean. Honestly, it's just how I talk. Anyway, I did explain why I'm not a fan.
Of Hoopla's play? Other than her miller claim, I haven't heard anything about Hoopla. And explaining what you mean without using the words of people definitely help to convince me of your case a little more.
Honestly I thought we were talking about Flareonage.

@Cruelty: With the deadline creeping closer and closer do you not agree that there's less room for original cases? I found those cases and read them, yes, and I happened to like the reasoning. I also read Flareon's posts and honestly they just didn't sit well with me.
In the grand scheme of things, wins and losses are pointless. But I'm not the grand scheme, so die scum!

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:15 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Cyberbob wrote: the former's chainsaw defence of Quag in particular is rubbing me the wrong way.
It's hardly a chainsaw defence, Cyber.
The Tracker wrote: Honestly I thought we were talking about Flareonage.
Nope. We're talking about Hoopla. Now, what about her play are you not a fan of?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

angelmouse
angelmouse
Goon
angelmouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:04 am

Post by angelmouse »

i think there is valid points on flare, but im happy with my tracker vote for today.
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:26 am

Post by Cruciare »

Deadline is in about
1 day and 13 hours
. If there is no majority at deadline, no-one will be lynched.
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:06 pm

Post by The Tracker »

I don't like her play since it gives her as scum too much of a free pass out of investigations. But I suppose if she does something scummy later on we'll catch it.

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:18 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

The Tracker [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2074080#2074080]259[/url] wrote: @Cruelty: With the deadline creeping closer and closer do you not agree that there's less room for original cases? I found those cases and read them, yes, and I happened to like the reasoning. I also read Flareon's posts and honestly they just didn't sit well with me.
"Less room for original cases" (which for the record isn't true - it can be too late for a specific bandwagon, but it's never too late to dig up stuff on the prevailing wagons) doesn't mean that you can simply say 'I agree with those cases'. Can you not even be asked to say what player's cases, and what points within those case? And how is deadline creeping closer an excuse when you've been doing this
all game
?
The Tracker [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2074460#2074460]263[/url] wrote:I don't like her play since it gives her as scum too much of a free pass out of investigations. But I suppose if she does something scummy later on we'll catch it.
What does her miller claim have to do with her play? What you're saying is, "Here is what I think about Hoopla's play: she's town, unless she does something scummy, in which case she is scum." Way to take a position there, champ.

Seriously guys, one day, thirteen hours. Vote tracker. Or get the flare wagon going.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:16 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

hitogoroshi wrote: Seriously guys, one day, thirteen hours. Vote tracker.

Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:57 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

If it comes down to a choice between Tracker and No Lynch I'll switch back to him without a second thought, but I don't want to give up on the Quag wagon just yet. I'll be around between now and the deadline, don't worry.
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
angelmouse
angelmouse
Goon
angelmouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by angelmouse »

I agree that a lynch is better than none. Tracker I think it's tine to claim.
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:35 pm

Post by The Tracker »

angelmouse wrote:I agree that a lynch is better than none. Tracker I think it's tine to claim.
FBI Agent

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:13 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Cyberbob wrote:If it comes down to a choice between Tracker and No Lynch I'll switch back to him without a second thought, but I don't want to give up on the Quag wagon just yet. I'll be around between now and the deadline, don't worry.
Echoing these sentiments.

~~

Tracker, what exactly does an FBI agent do?
The Tracker
The Tracker
Goon
The Tracker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:20 pm

Post by The Tracker »

It's an investigative role. Basically during the night I investigate someone to see whether or not they're a Serial Killer.

Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:23 pm

Post by Flareonage »

Unvote

VOTE: Quagmire

If we have a serial killer then we need the trackers help, Quagmire is the only other person that will have a majority by the time the deadline hits
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:28 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Flareonage wrote:
Unvote

VOTE: Quagmire

If we have a serial killer then we need the trackers help, Quagmire is the only other person that will have a majority by the time the deadline hits
The information we get from his role if he's truthful, is that if there is two-kill nights, it's likely a SK. Actually finding a SK from one of his investiagtions is very unlikely - I'm sure he'd be killed if a SK thought it was a chance he'd be targeted.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:32 pm

Post by Hoopla »

I think I believe the roleclaim, but it isn't strong enough to keep him alive if the rest of the town find him scummy. Still wanting a Quagmire lynch, here.
Flareonage
Flareonage
Goon
Flareonage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:35 pm

Post by Flareonage »

Hoopla wrote: The information we get from his role if he's truthful, is that if there is two-kill nights, it's likely a SK. Actually finding a SK from one of his investiagtions is very unlikely - I'm sure he'd be killed if a SK thought it was a chance he'd be targeted.
You bring up a very good point. The SK is gonna kill him now if we let him live but there has to be a doctor in this game.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”